What's new

Bob Minton has passed away

greebly

Patron with Honors
This is the man that inspired me to get involved many years ago, when I was still in the industry.

He was not perfect, noone is, but an inspiration to many.

I'll raise a guiness or two to you sir.

Marty, Mike and many others show this man respect and speak a bit louder one day soon.

Hugs
Greebly

Lovinglife625

Patron with Honors
Oh heck, I'll repeat what I said on WWP:

RESPECT!!!

Bob did his best. He can R.I.P.

And we will finish the job that Bob and others kept going for awhile while many of the rest of us were waking up.

FWIW:

Notice has gone out to depose the head of the beast, the one who most oversaw taking down Bob Minton as well as many, many others. It is the dwarf who must be left unnamed (but his initials are "David Miscavige"). Updates coming soon.

They are fighting it with everything they have.

IMO they WILL lose eventually.

IMO the diminished one will be gotten on the stand (or he will run). He will commit serious perjury or he will lose his criminal empire. Overwhelming evidence will be given against him and he will go down.

He will not find forgiveness nor will the abuses he has carried out be forgotten.

There will be a reckoning!

You can rest now Bob, we'll take it from here!

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh heck, I'll repeat what I said on WWP:

RESPECT!!!

Bob did his best. He can R.I.P.

And we will finish the job that Bob and others kept going for awhile while many of the rest of us were waking up.

FWIW:

Notice has gone out to depose the head of the beast, the one who most oversaw taking down Bob Minton as well as many, many others. It is the dwarf who must be left unnamed (but his initials are "David Miscavige"). Updates coming soon.

They are fighting it with everything they have.

IMO they WILL lose eventually.

IMO the diminished one will be gotten on the stand (or he will run). He will commit serious perjury or he will lose his criminal empire. Overwhelming evidence will be given against him and he will go down.

He will not find forgiveness nor will the abuses he has carried out be forgotten.

There will be a reckoning!

You can rest now Bob, we'll take it from here!

Wow, Larry, thank-you.

I couldn't think of a better legacy. :yes:

R.I.P. Bob.

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
Ethical Isn't Always Legal

Minton had crimes to hide, and the CofS found out what they were, and threatened to expose him to Interpol. He made his money by consulting 3rd world countries on how to default on their loans from the IMF. He got large commissions on these deals. Unfortunately, some or all of what he was doing is very illegal. Can you imagine , if there is even a shred of evidence that bankers rule the world, you can imagine that bankers getting screwed can become a very mean and vindictive lot towards those who have ripped them off. So, Minton may have faced worse than jail time. Maybe, much worse. Like being sent back to face trial in some of those African nations he helped default, to then serve time there, and gawd knows what ultimately they would have done to him. So, going quickly in Ireland, with Stacy there, sounds like a better option to me. Forgive him his faults; he brought a shitstorm down on the DM regime. Minton is critic history. A whole chapter to himself.

Good to know the truth.

Since the IMF and the World Bank have the main suppressive function of

destroying countries, I applaud Bob for his work and for taking on

Scientology. Also when you consider the 17 days of mental and physical

torture that Lisa McPherson endured, Bob was doing the right thing mostly.

Also I like what Larry B. says about continuing his legacy in post #24. :thumbsup:

minnie

Patron with Honors
Sad news. Good-hearted guy who took on a lot. I shudder when I think of the fair game he was subjected to. RIP Bob.:rose:

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
This seems premature and it came as a surprise to me. Despite this man's faults he put up a brave fight against a destructive cult and he will be respected and remembered for this.

Tim Skog

Bob Minton was a good guy. He was a rare man to go after the Co$ with the effort he undertook. He tried to fight a good fight, but sometimes the monster wins. His effort should not be forgotten or lessened by his retiring from the fight. His passing is a sad thing. Bless him.

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
Bob Minton

his protests at Flag were some of the first I saw on the net.
They were only a few protestors and had to put up with terrible abuse from Cult, just watch the videos.
I always admired his balls for doing that.

Your legacy lives on in the World Wide Web, and will be honoured and admired by future generations.

Thanks for doing what you did, we shall continue your work on here and on the streets

Boojuum

My hat is off

Bob was first guy to put together a long term, well publicised attack on the COS. He wasn't selling a book or even telling a story. He was trying to stand up to a corrupt group that was acting like a bully. He did it when the COS had a much stronger position in the press and Bob was essentially alone. No Anonymous, No Clambake, No ESMB, No Lisa McPherson Trust, etc. He put his money where his mouth was. He stood up to the COS and "I'm Bob Minton and you guys are criminals. Come and get me if you can." He didn't hide behind a mask and eventually paid for his openly courageous actions.

Bob's efforts opened up a small door which has become a floodgate. This is the floodgate of transparency. People who were too scared to speak came forward, again and again. COS members who were wavering found a way out. This was a huge step.

He deserves a hip, hip hooray. :thumbsup: He was a true hero, warts and all.:thumbsup: