What's new

Bob Street has died.

skollie

Silver Meritorious Patron
From WWP

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/7-chit-chat/another-ot-dead-bob-street-54178/

update on BOB STREET'S services/celebration:

Jeff Cota will be presiding as the minister.

The services will be held at the DANTE CLUB IN SACRAMENTO (on Fair Oaks Blvd. near Howe) on FRIDAY the 9th of Oct. at 1:30 pm - reception held at same location after the service.

RSVP ME BY THIS EMAIL and I will info Lynda (or you can call me at 916 207 4780)

Thanks , Tree

(SEE BELOW IF YOU MISSED THE ORIGINAL COMM)

Dear All: You are receiving this email as a 'group' as it is simply faster for me to communicate this way...i know you understand.

You are in this group because of past connection to our dear friend, Bob Street...most I know you knew him 'back in the day' and some better than others, and certainly I don't have all his friends in my address book ...but enough.

Bob, as you know, has been fighting kidney and heart failure for many years... a hell of a fighter. His body gave up the ghost yesterday (Thursday Oct 1) in the morning.

Bob, as you know was a big part of the original cosmod-sac team and played hard freeing beings well into the 80's. He was off lines for a bit but back in the mid 90's to PT and until his health really started to fail him was known to give many a great intro lecture as a volunteer for the various missions and the org, he was always a staunch supporter of CCHR, IAS, LRH Book Campaigns via Bridge and Galaxy Pubs, and the Riverpark Mission in recent years, ETC. Up to about 9 months ago we were actually making some head way on his Bridge and his Basics - albeit slow due to stuggling health..... then he became too ill to do much other than medical or assists....but we made some good headway those last few years.

Bob would have loved to stay with us all and his family and regained being a freedom fighter with full armor and pulled himself and his wife up the Bridge to OT... but, with him no longer qualifying for the transplants he needed, the point B of playing the game in his deteriorating body was no longer an option. Time to shove off.

His family is pretty sad but our Mission and our good friend, Mr. Kevin May (chaplain bar none) are taking care of all the ministerial duties and theta side of things.

We will know tomorrow what the details are on the services...(probably next friday night the 9th...but don't quote me on that yet).

Meantime - I would like to put together a scrap book from his scientology friends - something to remark upon what we loved most, or admired most and any good stories (and pictures if you have them) ...

I would like his family to have this.

Fact is his kids never made it onto the Bridge, mainly due to the fact that their mom pretty much disaffected after being a great staff member herself (barb fisk street) and the divorce and all....but I know he would love to see the possiblity of that door open for them... and his other family as well... and you know that ADMIRATION can go a long ways... I think it would be impressive to them....

And whether that works out or not, I KNOW his current wife, of the last almost 20 years, Lynda.... who IS a Scientologist...but was not part of the 'old days' would LOVE to see this kind of love and comm from his warrior friends... it would do hear a world of good....

So...send me by ATTACHMENT...on a WORD FILE (early version please) and I will print out whatever you want to say to bob or about bob and put it in a scrap book for her....

Do it soon so I don't have to mess with it at the last minute.

If you think I don't have someone's address that you think should see this...ask me and if I don't, forward it please.

Tree

_brian

WogRevert
RIP Bob

That is sad. I knew Bob somewhat as we on a number of occasions played guitars together at the org or my house.

Edit: I actually had thought of Bob only a few weeks ago, thinking about back in '04 when Kevin May had told me that he had had a heart attack.

So long on your journey Bob. :rose:

Brian

Last edited:

hummingbird

Patron with Honors
... but, with him no longer qualifying for the transplants he needed, the point B of playing the game in his deteriorating body was no longer an option. Time to shove off.

Is it just me, or isn't that just a lit-tul callous??? I knew Bob back in the days of old.

The man was fifty-fucking-nine, people. That is hardly time to "shove off." I found that letter from whomever disgusting. :angry:

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Is it just me, or isn't that just a lit-tul callous??? I knew Bob back in the days of old.

The man was fifty-fucking-nine, people. That is hardly time to "shove off." I found that letter from whomever disgusting. :angry:

59!!! :ohmy:

This is very sad. So much for Scientology helping you to live longer and healthier lives.

Axiom142

hummingbird

Patron with Honors
Yeah, and per the web, he'd attested clear back in '98. So much for all his body ailments being handled. Oh, wait, there's all those pesky BTs he hadn't tamed.

He did the Purif at least twice. Kidney failure, eh? H'mmmmmmmmmmm.