What's new

BOOK - The Original Thesis

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't think the Sea Org was founded upon anything like this.

The Sea Org was founded upon military training and indoctrination, combined with Maoist, Stalinist and North Korean techniques of re-education.

The Sea Org was a culmination of Hubbard's work on the Saint Hill Special Briefing Course where he worked out the parts of a personality, and how to soften up the existing one to install a new one.

The reason it seems to have become absurd is because you are trying to find the technical points in early Scientology "The Basics" which culminated in the Sea Org.

They aren't there.

They are in the works of Mao, and through the study of Stalin and North Korean re-education techniques.

Very little of Scio's future was scripted - mostly it has been a reaction to fear, fear of being found out, fear of being caught and a fear of going to jail.

Dramatizations of past incidents that were made subsequently reasonable by the inmates. (Not unlike the touching tie scene in Dianetics.)

Most SO and Org people were in heavy trance states - very suggestable - Back in late '67 onward I used to run a trance breaking process:

"Show me a (whatever hat the person was wearing) attitude!"

What did you do?"

The SO person would go through several types of identities from a nasty abusive identity to a confused identity to a aggressive identity to a kind or benign identity to suddenly cogniting they would just need to be present or here.

I took off some of the greatest gestapo valenced people and defanged them - they very quickly changed hats.

I had an advantage as I had the right to come and go - thus was able to not to be part of the original dramatization, programming and conditioning.

3rd dynamic mutual past incidents take a lot of rationalization and justification to make fit into a mindset of okayness. :duh:

When you snap out of one - and arrive back in present time - it leaves you wondering what the hell happened.....very embarrasing. :grouch:

Alan

Vinaire

Sponsor
Here are my notes from TOT chapter "The Auditor's Code."

The auditor must behave and act totally rationally toward the preclear. Since the preclear’s case can be restimulative to him, he should either be clear or be undergoing clearing himself.

The auditor must maintain affinity with the preclear toward preclear’s survival. He must keep his tone as close to 4.0 as possible and never go below boredom. He must have a presence that is confident, cheerful, optimistic and reassuring to the preclear.

The auditor must courageously face any low tone reactions of the preclear. He must always act in a kind and rational manner. He must be trustworthy and never break his word. He must keep good hygiene. He must take care not to offend the concepts or sensibilities of the preclear.

The auditor must be persistent in handling the preclear’s case, and properly exhaust the traumatic impression, until the tone rises to proper tone four. He must be patient and willing to work long hours at any and all times to get his job done.

The auditor should not allow the preclear to be infatuated with him. He must always redirect preclear’s infatuation elsewhere.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Alan wrote:

...I had an advantage as I had the right to come and go - thus was able to not to be part of the original dramatization, programming and conditioning....

Yes, and that is very intriguing.

I've often wondered what LRH had in LRH's Library. I mean, I have the LRH Library.

But what books did LRH have in HIS library?

In the mid to late 1950's and early 1960's, a lot of writing and analysis began to appear about the technology of totalitarianism. LRH would have had access to those.

I'm wondering which ones.

Did you ever see LRH's library?

Tanstaafl

Crusader
Alan wrote:

I've often wondered what LRH had in LRH's Library. I mean, I have the LRH Library.

In the mid to late 1950's and early 1960's, a lot of writing and analysis began to appear about the technology of totalitarianism. LRH would have had access to those.

I'm not sure CoS would release that data since it might give the impression that LRH didn't pluck each idea newly from the ether. :eyeroll:

However, there may be something in the Ron mags?
In Ron The Music Maker (a contravention of the Trades Descriptions Act if ever there was one) some of the artists in his LP collection are listed.
They range from the sublime to the ridiculous (Zappa to Michael Jackson).

I'm afraid I threw all mine out last weekend. Sorry.

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Alan wrote:

I saw stacks of books!

Both MSH and LRH were prolific readers - he would be up to date on both fiction and non fiction.

Also people sent him the latest leading edge books.

At one time there was a standing order for the USGO to get the latest NY TImes best sellers and courier them to the ship.

Alan

Div6

Crusader
Alan wrote:

There were tons of books of his in the LRH office at FCDC. Fiction, non-fiction etc. I think most of it was moved to the "original FCDC" museum, into his office there on the 2nd floor, with the Shaman drum and other items. Stop in some time and look them over....

Vinaire

Sponsor
Notes from TOT Chapter "Auditing."

The auditor functions as an extra analytical mind of the preclear during an auditing session. The goal is to view the traumatic impressions.

Establish personal affinity by understanding and communication on agreeable subjects. Use no drugs that affect awareness. Use no hypnotism. Give no hidden suggestions.

Ask the person to go back to a certain incident while retaining the awareness of the subject in present time, then recount what he can of the incident.

Drain data from his time track to present time. To locate data, observe some somatic pain and seek to discover wherein it was received.

The somatics are employed primarily because the motor controls possess a less disturbed time track than the sensory strip. By talking to the muscles or motor controls or various bodily aches and pains, the auditor can shift them at will up and down their time track. This time track is not connected to the analytical mind and speech, but is apparently a parallel time track with greater reliability than the sensory track. Muscles can be made to tense or relax. Coughs, aches, and pains can be made to come and go simply by uttering the right words for the engrams, or the wrong words. The motor strip time track can be asked questions down to the smallest moment of time, and the area of an engram can be so located and its character determined.

Glean data from a person’s remarks, or illogicalness, on a subject. Ask the person to dream about this data and direct him to go back to the engram causing the dream.

Create a codified restimulator list after inquiry into the person’s life. You may find the remarks of the person about his engrams to be included in the content of those engrams.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
How do you determine what is illogical?

(To me, this is a major flaw in the current "Church" of Scientology. As well as what is abberative/abberation)

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I guess I shall be looking at it too during this journey.

'Logical' for Scientology is whatever supports the 'Stable Data' Ron excreted.

The only 'logics' in Scientology are rationalizations and deliberate warps in occam's razor.

Zinj

Vinaire

Sponsor
My notes from TOT chapter "Diagnosis."

Whatever confronts or contests the analytical mind of the preclear will also confront and contest the analytical mind of the auditor. Take due notice of what a person says about the process of going back to an incident. Don’t listen to any justifications about his actions. Listen to what he thinks has happened to him or what he is afraid of. There is a sound basic personality under all that aberration.

Discover what immediately preceded the break of the person or what is currently causing him unhappiness. The probability is that he has a chronic restimulator in his vicinity. The problem of “Fixed Person” is that some part of the personality of some individual in the current environment is identified with some part of the personality in the engramic past. The problem of “Sympathy engram” is that the person is prone to reactivate somatic ills in the presence of the identity personality, with whom he is now associated, to gain sympathy. The person also assumes unknowingly one or the other engramic identity and thinks and behaves accordingly. He loses his own determinism.

The discovery of the basic traumatic impression (engram) on the chain of similar impressions is extremely important. If the person can’t see, feel hear, or freely emote an incident then it is later on the chain. It is necessary first and foremost to locate the basic engram. The basic engram may lie at or before birth. It is with the greatest difficulty that the auditor will find the basic engram as the scanning mechanism of the analytical mind purposefully avoids pain.

Light prenatals are the best possible approach to a case. The basic engram and the beginning of the actual engram chains is very early, before, near, or during birth. The task requires a great deal of imagination and persuasion. If an engram does not seem to be lifting after a few recountings, a precursor (earlier engram) must be suspected and returned to.

On the first few recountings an engram might be faint and then become more severe as more data is located. The data will finally be in a more or less complete state and the engram will begin to lift, rising up through the various tones. Guessing the actual engramic phrase, or thought, helps penetrate the engram. Lifting the basic may automatically release the later charge on the chain.

The auditor must learn to compute engramically. Earlier preparatory work on a case may involve rehabilitating the time track by rapid scanning and exhausting later locks. Then auditor should enter upon the problem of reaching the basic.

An auditor must think his way through every case. He should pay attention to statements the preclear is reiterating constantly during auditing. He should accumulate experience as to how incidents can be thrust off the time track and buried from sight.

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
How do you determine what is illogical?

(To me, this is a major flaw in the current "Church" of Scientology. As well as what is abberative/abberation)

Bea Babe! Possibly the most important question you have asked in your 2000+ postings :)

Unless you get the person to inspect fully what they mean by what they say - the chances are there is a completelly illogical meaning that seems completely logical to the pc.

It was this logic/illogic factor that prevented the GPM Tech from working!

Alan

Vinaire

Sponsor
Some quotes from "5006C10, DIANETICS: FIRST LECTURE OF SATURDAY COURSE":

The difference between a psychotic and a neurotic (as far as we know now) concerns the concentration of painful emotion upon a case. Therefore, the object is to get rid of the painful emotion. There is also unconsciousness on a case, but what is unconsciousness? Well, that might be related to painful emotion.

... but if we could simply short-circuit this so that he would go straight on through and not give us the delusion, and if we could turn on sonic and visio in everybody, that would be a big advance!

The Handbook reads as though a wild-eyed utopia is now opening up for all. That may be true, but the work that went in behind that is very carefully not optimistic.

The most dangerous thing in the world is to suppress science. It takes it out of general circulation where it definitely belongs and gives it into the hands of small power groups where it does not advance with the rapidity it should, and in addition is used to wreak harm against mankind. Things known to everybody are relatively safe, whereas things known to one or two become just that much less safe.

Book Three of the Handbook is mostly art. Therefore, erected on the axioms, erected on the cause, we now have the art of application, and that is a shifting theory. It says in the Handbook that we know nothing very much about painful emotion, which is absolutely true, but we can do things with it. We want to do better things. Why sonic was turned off we didn’t know, but we now have a good inkling of it; and having that, if we know it thoroughly, we can turn it on—and we should be able to turn it on every time.

I have taken enough pervert hypnotism out of banks now to discover that about half a percent of all cases run have had pervert hypnotism in the bank—a very large percentage. “You will forget all about this now, you will forget all about this and no one will believe you if you ever tell them, and you couldn’t believe it yourself if you thought you would remember it, and besides if you did tell anybody and if it was discovered, then your father and mother would throw you out.”

So the axioms of Dianetics (not Dianetic therapy) can be used by a sadist to implant insanity. Fortunately when insanity is implanted by Dianetics, it can be undone by Dianetics, but that it is going to be implanted you can be absolutely certain.

Freud overlooked the fact that the mind is well aligned only as long as it can assert its working principle to be right. The mind is right. It has got to think it is right. Even though it is working on engrams it has still got to think it is right. So it will justify engrams.

Vinaire

Sponsor
What is workable?

Can the following be observed in actuality?

The brain thinks in terms of differences, similarities and identities and it is strictly and solely survival-motivated.

Zinjifar

Can the following be observed in actuality?

The brain thinks in terms of differences, similarities and identities and it is strictly and solely survival-motivated.

In any non-hair-splitting meaning of the word 'survival', exactly the opposite can be observed.

Zinj

Zinjifar

Could you explain that please with an example.

Let's start with the example first; Jesus Christ. It's archtypical enough that it's served to inspire billions of people. Something Ron never achieved.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13).

Zinj

Vinaire

Sponsor
Let's start with the example first; Jesus Christ. It's archtypical enough that it's served to inspire billions of people. Something Ron never achieved.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13).

Zinj

How is that an example of the brain not thinking in survival terms?

One may give up one's life for the survival of one's country, or the survival of one's loved ones. That is part of the optimization of survival.

Zinjifar

How is that an example of the brain not thinking in survival terms?

One may give up one's life for the survival of one's country, or the survival of one's loved ones. That is part of the optimization of survival.

Did ron say that?

Zinj