As-Wased
THE FABLE -- HOLLYWOOD, SATANISM, SCIENTOLOGY & SUICIDE

by F.A.C.T.Net, Inc.

scientology.thefablecov_small.gif

iamanSP

Patron

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
there are a few of the fine titles mentioned above on fairgamestop.org - all in PDF format.

currently the webstats show 5,000 downloads a week in that section

i'll add a few more soon :D

There was a block on the links when i tried to access.

cayce-case-um

Patron with Honors
Add;
Mark Headley (2009), Blown For Good

Just finished reading "Blown for Good" yesterday. Excellent book. Made me laugh and cry in different places. I was not in SO, but was briefly on staff at an org. It was a nightmare of non-payment that resulted in my having no food and nowhere to sleep for awhile. I was essentially homeless. At one point, my "bed" was sneaking into a closed office, laying on a table with a book for a pillow, and making sure I woke up and got out before things opened up in the morning. It was humiliating, yet I went along with it -- peer pressure, contracts, and all, plus my "2D" was in the same org at the time. I think over a period of months, we got one night "alone" together in a room crowded with people and crawling with cockroaches.

I know how hard it was to stand up to that pressure -- I can only imagine how it must have been at Int -- Headley helped me understand it through his experience.

It's pretty well known by psychologists that you can drive some people into a near psychotic state by putting them in a double-bind -- a catch 52 or damned if you do, damned if you don't situation with high stakes. In Scn the double-binds are rampant and well-described by Headley (and others). It's amazing people don't crack right and left. Oh, wait. They do.

As to Miscavige, even by Scn standards he is low-toned. His behavior is often "punishing bodies" which is a below zero tone. He is misemotional. By real-world mental standards, he is probably a damaged narcissist who beats up on people because he can. No wait -- that's not probably. That's why HE says he beats up on people.

If I had a million dollars, I'd offer it to anyone who could prove they had OT powers of any sort. I'd even give it to someone who could prove they achieved the state of clear as described in DMSMH.

The people I knew in Scn were intelligent, dedicated, and hoped to improve the world. It is high crime and treason against the human spirit to have distorted that noble impulse into what it became in so many ways.

marjan

Patron with Honors
I just read Amy Scobee's book "Scientology: Abuse at the Top." (http://www.scobeepublishing.co​m/)

As has been well documented here, I spent 10 very intense years dealing with the SCN Organization. Even to me, her book was shocking and a real eye-opener. I certainly had observed a lot. I was even in a relationship with and ex-SO member for a few years. She had intimated at certain issues, but never spoke directly with me about it.

During my other work with SCN, I had heard some rumors and "mumbling" from the different SO members. But again, nothing was ever said outright, and I never personally witnessed any abuse.

Amy's book confirmed a lot of things that had been "hinted at" by all my SO acquaintences and friends. Quite frankly, I am literally sick to my stomach after reading her book. I am so disgusted about the physical, mental and emotional abuse prevalent in SCN's Int. Management -- all done in the name of "spiritual freedom."

As I wrote to Amy,
I admire your strength and the courage that you have displayed.
Your tenacity in remaining in that INSANITY is both remarkable and bit scary.

My sense of self is too developed to have withstood that kind of abuse.
I know what it is like to be slandered and libeled.
I know what it is like to endure a lot of hardship.
I have endured a lot -- but they were situations of my own choosing.
Your book tells a story of horrific, systematic abuse.

I KNEW about the incompetance of many staff and SO members.
I KNEW about the lack of training.
I KNEW most of the SO were put in positions way out of their ability ranges.

Amy, I first heard about you through SCN PR "smear" campaign in the press.
Now, having had direct communication with you, and especially NOW
after reading your book, I have to tell you that I am sooo completely, and utterly disgusted.

Your story of your escape and your how you re-claimed your life, your health and your sanity is exemplary. I am so thrilled for you and your husband.
Well done to you both. And I am really PROUD to know you.

I would highly recommend reading Amy's book, if you have not.
Regards, Mark

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Info about Hubbard and Parsons starts on pag 252 when H. moves in with Parsons et al. at the Orange Grove House.

sex-rockets-occult-world-jack-parsons-john-carter-paperback-cover-art.jpg
[/CENTER]

...is a good read and also goes into more detail of that history of JPL, Parsons and Hubbard.

Robert Anton Wilson, wish we had some excerpts.

guanoloco

As-Wased
5151G8XQ19L._SS500_.jpg

Fads and Fallacies
by Martin Gardner

Hey! Look! L. Ron Hubbard is right there on the front cover!

From here:

Martin Gardner wrote in 1952, in Fads and Fallacies in the Name of Science: "Of all the defenses which can be made of Dianetics, the defense that `it works' is the most irrelevant ... because in the curing of neurotic symptoms anything in which a patient has faith will work. Such cures are a dime a dozen. The case histories of Dianetics are not one whit more impressive than the hundreds of testimonials to be found in Young Perkins' book on the curative power of his father's metallic tractors. They prove that Dianetics can operate on some patients as a form of faith healing. They prove nothing more."

Hubbard talked little about "faith" and "belief." He used the words "Knowingness" and "Certainty." They all mean the same.

It scarcely matters whether Hubbard's ideas were totally wrong or touched upon truth. He used them as snares. His was the common game of wealth, power, manipulation -- "for the good of humanity."

Hubbard undeniably had great talent; some would call it genius. He led an extremely active life, and met his goals except for one, emotional comfort -- for which his wealth and power could only substitute. Dianetics/Scientology was to be his cure, but it didn't work. He fell victim to the delusions he fostered in others, and it is known that, right up to his demise or shortly before, he audited himself, or was audited, on his pack of "creatures." Perhaps he, and "they," should be put to rest.

And from here:

Gardner says that cranks have two common characteristics. The first "and most important" is that they work in almost total isolation from the scientific community. Gardner defines the community as an efficient network of communication within scientific fields, together with a co-operative process of testing new theories. This process allows for apparently bizarre theories to be published - such as Einstein's theory of relativity, which initially met with considerable opposition, but which was never dismissed as the work of a crackpot, and which soon met with almost universal acceptance. But the crank 'stands entirely outside the closely integrated channels through which new ideas are introduced and evaluated. He does not send his findings to the recognized journals or, if he does, they are rejected for reasons which in the vast majority of cases are excellent'.

The second characteristic of the crank (which also contributes to his or her isolation) is the tendency to paranoia. There are five ways in which this tendency is likely to be manifested.

1. The pseudo-scientist considers himself a genius.
  2. He regards other researchers as stupid, dishonest or both.
  3. He believes there is a campaign against his ideas, a campaign comparable to the persecution of Galileo or Pasteur. He may attribute his 'persecution' to a conspiracy by a scientific 'masonry' who are unwilling to admit anyone to their inner sanctum without appropriate initiation.
  4. Instead of side-stepping the mainstream, the pseudo-scientist attacks it head-on: The most revered scientist is Einstein so Gardner writes that Einstein is the most likely establishment figure to be attacked.
  5. He has a tendency to use complex jargon, often making up words and phrases. Gardner compares this to the way that schizophrenics talk in what psychiatrists call 'neologisms', "words which have meaning to the patient, but sound like Jabberwocky to everyone else."

These psychological traits are in varying degrees demonstrated throughout the remaining chapters of the book, in which Gardner examines particular "fads" he labels pseudo-scientific. His writing became the source book from which many later studies of pseudo-science were taken (e.g. Encyclopedia of Pseudo-science).

And from the same wikipedia entry:
22 - Dianetics

* L. Ron Hubbard, Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health. (The term Scientology had only just been introduced when Gardner’s book was published.)

Quite prophetic!

Last edited:

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
A Doctor's Report on Dianetics excerpts

J.A. Winter

Doctor%27s_Report_on_Dianetics.jpg

[In scientological theory Inhibit and Enforce are part of a desire, inhibit, enforce scale, whilst im not trying to put what Winter says through a scientological filter, i noticed one thing about the Scn scale by reading winters excerpts, by dismantling every thing into compartments of life and actions may be seen as workable to observe a person on the scale in Reactive selling, it also avoids joining them together.

What Winter says here about Authority figures like doctors or Cult leaders and suggestive thought being an engram of sorts an implant in scientological speak, or hypnosis,that regulates behavior and attitudes (brain washing) , combining them explains a whole lot as an enforcing (authority) figure who inhibits you is really what Hubbard was, and as a combination an authority Enforcing figure who you believe to be your savior who then inhibits or punishes is really where the term soul cracking comes in, combined they are extremely potent.]

J.A WINTER said:
"Another observation which I made during my association with the Foundation had to do with the phenomenon called "positive suggestion." It has been known since the days of the Egyptians that most people can be put into a state in which they act as if whatever they are told is true; they are said to be hypnotized, and the statements made by the operator in manipulating the subject's actions are called "positive suggestions." Hubbard in his book had inveighed against hypnosis and pointed out that being hypnotized was tantamount to being given an engram."

"I began to notice that some experiences produced engram-like effects when reviewed, although the events did not contain trauma, anesthesia, etc. Statements which Hubbard had made to me in ordinary conversation, statements which I had made to the students, statements made to patients when they were fully conscious and comfortable were, when subjected to dianetic recall, observed to produce a similar response to that seen in a "valid" engram. Not all statements produced this effect, however; the engram-like response was seen when the statements tended to restrict a person's choice of action or his ability to differentiate."

"In other words, it seemed as if a person could be hypnotized by ordinary conversation; ordinary informational statements could, under some circumstances, have the same effects as a hypnotic positive suggestion, even when the recipient of the information was wide awake.

I found, moreover, that each person acted as if he had an orderly list of those from whom he would accept positive suggestion with varying degrees of willingness.

In general, those who headed such lists were parents and loved ones; a simple statement coming from one of these had the force of a command. Next in the hierarchy came teachers, doctors and those in positions of authority, which at the bottom of the list were those who had made demonstrably false statements and those who had caused pain; statements made by the latter persons were ignored or negated against.[ where is Hubbard in the Hierarchy as God]

It is, of course, possible for a person to occupy two positions on this list: the doctor or parent might cause pain, or the loved one might be detected in a lie. I suggest that this may be a factor in the developing of ambivalence or mixed feelings toward certain people.

In general, however, I found that I, as a doctor, could make positive suggestions which would alter a person's conduct much more easily than could a person whose position in society was less respected. The implications of this have done much to make me aware of my responsibilities to the people with whom I speak.

Last edited:

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks to Arnie Lerma for his discovery of this book.

http://www.lermanet.com/source-scientology.htm

This book is today known as the first citation of the word "Scientology",
although it is used in the book in a disparaging way to describe "science elevated to unquestioning doctrine"

126 Dynamics, 292 Ethics-

Download THE NEW WORD

THE NEW WORD-1908 said:
(320 pages total)

Contents:

1.The Riddle, 9
2.Psychology: The Personal Equation,27
3.Etymology: The Castle in the Air 45
4.Lexicography: The Play upon words 60
5.Metaphysics:The house of cards 74
6. Altruism:The Face in the looking-glass, 85
7.Materialism: the shape 100
8.Physics: the knot
9.Dynamics: the demon in the stone122
10.Chemistry: the man in the crumb137
11.Mathematics: the conjuring trick 151
12. Logic: the cipher 163
13.Ontology: the end 174
14.Metastrophe: the magic crystal 188
15.Biology: the elf 202
16.Theology: the painted window 220
17.Exegetics: the forbidden fruit 239
18.Pathology: the pyramid 256
19.Astrology: the eclipse
20.Ethics: the book of etiquette291
21.The Heir 310

In 1908, Allen Upward self-published a book (originally written in 1901)
which he apparently thought would be Nobel Prize material: The New Word.

Allen Upward (1863–1926) was a poet, lawyer, politician and teacher.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_Upward

THE NEW WORD-1908 said:
126 Dynamics
story of creation, force and energy, atoms, power, motion , cohesion, affinity, attraction, ultimate destiny of the universe , potential energy, demons,

292 Ethics-
energy of longing, the struggle for existence, survival of the fittest, the tree of life, mankind, will of heaven, science is the new religion, the art of life, rule of right, make us a moral code, there is no rule of right, moral code cannot be made, no threats, no punishments, excommunicated, no more laws, no more prisons, upward spiral,

Scientology,
I find there are at least three atoms known to science, or at least to Scientology, the arithmetical atom, the physical one, and the logical one. Of these the logical one has been kept intact by un-heard of efforts;the other two have been split,and are being split every day.

All this is not really science, but only Scientology.
It is language. It is the magic lullaby in which the
shapes of things melt and reshape themselves forever.

It is no whit better than And is as theological writing.
unhappily Scientology often mistaken for science as is for theology worship.

We between science and distinguished Scientology.

scientological writing

I spent the next twenty years in exploring the
human mind
as it is revealed in literature, and as it is
revealed in life
.I have not passed the time shut up
in libraries. I have been a speaker and a writer ;
I have been a lawyer and a soldier, I have been a ruler and a judge.
I have talked with the learned in their colleges,
and talked with the Black men in their own land beside the Black River, in the oldest and most catholic speech,the language of Signs.In a place where no White man had been before I found a Black king and his folk withheld by an old curse from planting a medicinal tree and I broke the curse.

Thought. Operation of the mind ; idea ; image formed in the mind."

Last edited:

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
behindmycamel nice link above ,

SCIENTOLOGY AND THE STATE: NARCONON'S INFLUENCE IN THE PRISON SYSTEM ... Presented to the FACULTY OF THE GRADUATE SCHOOL UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

24 pages

"It's very decentralized," Cheryl Crawford from Narconon International said, "If an organization wants to become Narconon, they have to be accredited by us, then we will send them the texts by Hubbard."

Kim only lasted at the Scientology-based program for a month-and-a-half, when she became scared for her life.Kim decided to escape ."I've been through a lot of different programs, but this was the worst," Kim said. "They were sleaze-bags."

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Science and Sanity
Alfred Korzybski.

An Introduction to non Aristotelian systems
and General Semantics.

Interesting topics
Nervous Reactions
Identifications and Mis-Evaluations.
Attitudes of Philosophers
Methods of the Magician
Neurologcal Mechanisms
Hitler and Psychological factors in his life.
Semantic Reactions- (reactions to words and their meanings.)
Psycho-Physiology- On INHIBITION Body reactions
Differentiation
On Matter Energy Space Time
On Einstein
Quantum Mechanics
Psychology

Engram mentioned.
Infinity Valued Logic.
Preferable Selection of non threatening - Non loaded terms. Un-Sanity.

thanked in this book.
William Alanson White 1870- 1937 St Elizabeth hospital Washington DC- mentioned by Hubbard in his lectures.

Last edited: