What's new

Boston - Part 2

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
<Part One of this thread is here: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?7231-Boston
Moderator 3375>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike Rinder's blog has a photo of Boston Org's fundraising claims. There's a group shot with 20 or so people in it. The photo is too small for me to try to figure out who is in the shot.

Anybody here know who's in the picture. Here's the link.

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/thursday-funnies-67/

Last edited by a moderator:

freethinker

Sponsor
Re: Boston

This is the best I could do with it.

Graham Parker 2nd in from left, ED Day.

Jedi suit is Bob Baritz

Lorraine Baritz his wife next to him in black

Heather Landry ED Fnd next to Lorraine.

Laura Poulin next to Heather

White blouse all the way to the right is Corrine Perkins

Her husband Fred Perkins is sitting below in the sleeveless sweater

That's all I can make out.

attachment.php

Bos Org.jpg

Such a small photo for such large beings! :biggrin::p

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron

70K sq ft. Good god, they could use about 1/5th that. What idiots they are. The utilities will bankrupt them. DM isn't going to let them lease out parts of the place to anyone. They'll have to raise a few million to reno the place (good luck with that!) Hmmm, well perhaps they can use a couple floors for staff living quarters... Maybe stash an SH/Advanced Org on a floor or two.

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron

Crazy. Maybe they could fill 5,000 sqft. Maybe. and they are celebrating this building?

Imagine multiplying your home's sqft-age by 16 (e.g. 2000X16=32,000 sqft) and that will give you an idea of how nutty the purchase is.

There are about 40 Scienos in the picture ? 40.

I suppose I should ask why didn't they simply buy Gillette Stadium or BU to fill the upcoming capacity.

Wow. Imagine the regging needed to pay the heating bill.

Just wow.

bambino

Patron with Honors

Mike Rinder's blog has a photo of Boston Org's fundraising claims. There's a group shot with 20 or so people in it. The photo is too small for me to try to figure out who is in the shot.

Anybody here know who's in the picture. Here's the link.

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/thursday-funnies-67/

Unfortunately I'm in this picture.

How do you all like the largest Cl V org perhaps on the planet? Folks on the bottom row left to right: Buzz Walsh,Dale Sherlock,Lonnie Landry,Wesley Boucher, ?, ?,Nick Griest,Fred Perkins and Kit Finn. Freethinker says Laura Poulin is next to Heather but it's really Jane Grondin. I'm right behind Bill Rayne. :wink2:

Latest inside dope: the warehouse building on the property is unsafe and will have to be demolished.

Last edited:

freethinker

Sponsor

Is Lonnie completely gray or white haired now? Kitt Finn is back is Boston?? Or is she just there for the event?

Did you just say who you were? That must mean you don't go there anymore? You don't give a shit? They don't give a shit?

:confused2:

The largest CL V org on the planet is unsafe. Sounds about right. Leveled to the ground sounds like proper ethics gradient.

What's the plan to build a class V "little org on the prairie"? New Headquarters for CLO and Boston org?

How do you all like the largest Cl V org perhaps on the planet? Folks on the bottom row left to right: Buzz Walsh,Dale Sherlock,Lonnie Landry,Wesley Boucher, ?, ?,Nick Griest,Fred Perkins and Kit Finn. Freethinker says Laura Poulin is next to Heather but it's really Jane Grondin. I'm right behind Bill Rayne. :wink2:

Latest inside dope: the warehouse building on the property is unsafe and will have to be demolished.

myrklix

Patron with Honors

So sorry to hear Dale is back. I thought he moved to Maine. I always liked the guy and hoped he was finally out or at least no longer on staff.
The big building in the photos earlier in this thread is not the warehouse mentioned for demolition. I *believe* to the right of the main building (along the road parallel to the Mass. Pike might be the building in question.

Here is a photo from Google Maps of Lincoln St.: https://www.google.com/maps/@42.357...03&h=100&yaw=332.12982&pitch=0!7i13312!8i6656

The main building is that big thing which is definitely not a warehouse. I *think* the warehouse might be the small building to the right. Just my guess. Can anyone confirm?

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron

40 people.

The GO Bsn in 1978 had about 43 people.

The building doesn't make any more sense than the Hotel in Roxbury. Maybe moving FLEUS to Bsn?

40 people.

I see a picture of greying die-hards in a dying organization.

Why are these people smiling?

freethinker

Sponsor

They just spent 15 million dollars on a building and essentially wiped out any obligations they had to donors to the Boston Org Ideal Org Fund which means they can now reg huge amounts to renovate a 15 million dollar elephant.

Up till now, the field must have felt ripped off. Now they will be obligated to sit through all new org events to raise funds.

With 15 Mill invested COB may host the events.

40 people.

Why are these people smiling?

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS

Pooks, anyone specific you were interested in?

No, not really.

I'm always on the look out for Maureen O'Keefe and Mary Francis, but because both work
for OSA invest, they avoid cameras.

Thanks.

Operating Wog

Patron with Honors

I'm endlessly curious why you are still in, yet still here. Not criticizing. I'm sure you have your reasons. No need to answer, but it's very intriguing.

bambino

Patron with Honors

I'm endlessly curious why you are still in, yet still here. Not criticizing. I'm sure you have your reasons. No need to answer, but it's very intriguing.
Are you asking why I am under the radar or why I post here at all? I don't post here very much because there is simply nothing much new of note happening. Instead of one white elephant now we have two and a half. No worries. One will be sold someday and the other one is great for fund raising.

Operating Wog

Patron with Honors

Are you asking why I am under the radar or why I post here at all? I don't post here very much because there is simply nothing much new of note happening. Instead of one white elephant now we have two and a half. No worries. One will be sold someday and the other one is great for fund raising.

I'm more asking why you are still involved with the org, go to fundraising events, etc. You obviously see through it all. Most people walk away and don't look back at that point. Do you still take services, etc.?

Again, if you don't want to answer, just say so. Or just don't answer. Purely personal curiosity here. :)

Also, kind of wondering who you are, as I think our times may have overlapped, based on some other stuff you posted. I left in 2001.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

From Paragraph I of this link it states: (emphasis added by me)

DDJB Real Estate Holdings LLC has sued the prospective tenant of one of its properties, the Church of Scientology of Boston, Inc. On July 11, 2014, DDJB and the Church signed a three-year lease which recited an August 1, 2014 move-in date and provided that the Church would be responsible for any expenses related to any move-in delays caused by it. Just a month later, the Church repudiated the lease, citing a delay in the move-in date and the odor of a nearby transfer station as its reasons for doing so.

This sentence I turned red makes me wonder:

1) Was the "odor of a nearby transfer station" present prior to the time the lease was signed?

2) Wouldn't the CoS of Boston send along at least one representative who had completed the Super Power Rundown to identify this type of issue? :unsure:

2-A) If not, wouldn't they have sent along an OT who would know in advance that this would be an issue?