What's new

Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncle sam

Silver Meritorious Patron
Way to go-myrklix

Since there's no thread on Boston I thought I'd start one.
Being a newbie I'm not sure if cross-posting (so I don't repeat myself) is o.k. so let me know if there's a better way.

There's news of Boston I've posted in this other thread as well as some embedded text from OCMB's Org Patrol section.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=132950&postcount=44

Cheers!
It's good to see another org trying to come into it's own. We ex "fcdc-er's" are a lonely bunch-don't get me wrong-we are very happy to have our own threads- but we can't be the only ones to have experienced strong friendship. Did you know or ever hear of "Bob Ford"? He had a mission in Cambridge way back in the 70's. And NO- you nor anyone else can have Zinji! He's "fcdc". Get your own top poster.:happydance:

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
Boston BOOMS

Not really. Boston boomed. Maybe back in the early 70's. It shrank from about 1974.

My take on it was that it was cool to do weird cultist stuff back in the 60's. Peace marches, communes, hitchhiking across the country were all cool. Meditation was cool. There were lots of people out on the streets just looking for neat experiences. The huge college population of Boston just ate Scn up and people arrived in droves. An LRH Command Team with Kerry Gleason and Alex Sibersky and Bill Franks and Jon Eastman pushed the stats up for real. I'm thinking that around 1977, the Cambridge Mission and New Haven Mission and Worcester Org were pushing people into Boston. Here's where Scientology began to be Scientology. I mean to say that Scientology will find a way to mess up a good thing. Reality slowly began to set in. I think it was in 1978... with all the new books, body routing 12 hours a day, films, tons of mailings, huge events, you get the picture, big promo going on non-stop. All this energy and activity resulted in a whopping 1 new public doing a major service. One person. In 1978 or thereabouts, there were something like 40 people in the GO fighting all the big bad SP's. Imagine all the SO recruiting missions and SO ripoffs of the best staff and the GO recruitments and staff blowing and getting comm ev'd and declared, well, by the mid 80's things were looking bleaker and bleaker. My guess is that from the perhaps 300-400 on staff in 1973 the 1988 number was closer to 50 or 60. Quite a drop from the best technology on the planet.

The new org building is in Roxbury, which is the Boston version of Harlem. The good news for the org is that it's in a growth area and the property could be worth a lot of money in maybe ten years. But I've seen the building and it looks decrepit to me. For now, the neighborhood is unsafe and anything but gentrified (unless you consider storefront churches and check cashing places and liquor stores gentrification) There's a methodone clinic one block away and a homeless shelter about 5 blocks away and I'm not sure who they are catering to in the new building. It's close to the highway, so that's a plus.

Welcome Myrklix! There's strength in numbers. Keep posting!

Achi

Patron
Ha! I was in Boston in the early and mid seventies. So long ago. I left (blew) in...77? Interesting to hear that it declined so much.

myrklix

Patron with Honors
ex-Boston anyone???

Welcome Myrklix! There's strength in numbers. Keep posting!

Uh... Anyone else out there currently or formerly from Boston??? Even on the Clambake forum Org Patrol section there hasn't been a Boston-related posting in over a year! As former public I'd love to hear from any staff from the late 70's through early 90's I might have known especially to get more of an insiders view during that period. I've often wondered about many who were on staff -- whether they got recruited into SO, blew or just left at the end of their contract. I only knew what happened to a few of them -- usually if they went into SO or transferred to another org. Of course I'd never find out if something more uh...untoward happened.

I actually drive past the place every month or so because I have in-law relatives that live a block away. The only staff I've ever recognized hanging around outside is Joe Nuccio. He'd been my auditor at one point and I really liked him 'cuz we could talk about art, music & the film & video projects he'd been working on. I'd heard years ago that he had to re-train right from the beginning again for who knows what reason. I felt so sad to hear that. I couldn't believe that was possible since he'd always had good presence. Then there was Mark List, very highly trained (Cl 8?), who was forced to leave staff (also years ago) because somewhere up line found out his father had been in the CIA! Jeez! Last I heard he was being a field auditor. And Tony Sheppard, Acad. sup. -- Whatever happened to him??? (I could go on...) Then there was the staff I had to deal with a year ago on my repayment cycle -- mostly good, kind folks but still drinking the kool-aid (tm).

Someone please write. I'd hate to see this thread get mothballed. (pun intended -- oy, 1.1 again! :melodramatic: ) Thanks.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
I twinned with Mark on the KTL at ITO in 1990 - great guy.

He'd already once been declared illegal due to his dad and had somehow gotten that dropped and he was allowed back on lines.

I heard a few years after that (from George Alger - Boston staff training at FSO 1996 or 1997) that Mark had been shunted off lines again. Due to his dad again.

Amazing how the Co$ gets rid of its best and brightest first. :thumbsup:

I twinned with Mark on the KTL at ITO in 1990 - great guy.

He'd already once been declared illegal due to his dad and had somehow gotten that dropped and he was allowed back on lines.

I heard a few years after that (from George Alger - Boston staff training at FSO 1996 or 1997) that Mark had been shunted off lines again. Due to his dad again.

Amazing how the Co$ gets rid of its best and brightest first. :thumbsup:

Mark is currently in the freezone. He volunteers with the IFA and hangsout on various FZ boards. I've yet to meet him in person, but I've developed a lot of respect for him because of his good manners & good sense.

Mark A. Baker

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Hi,

Patty Pieniadz here!

I worked in the Boston GO from 78 to about 81. Was public/OSA volunteer
until about 1999. My husband Bobby, was the ED/D/ED in the late 80's early 90's.

Mark List is out but is a sort of FZ guy. I too wonder what happened to so many of the Boston folks. I looked at the pdf file on the Boston Ideal Org site and see many people are still in.

Any news from Boston would be appreciated.

myrklix

Patron with Honors
Hi,

Patty Pieniadz here!

I worked in the Boston GO from 78 to about 81. Was public/OSA volunteer
until about 1999. My husband Bobby, was the ED/D/ED in the late 80's early 90's.

Mark List is out but is a sort of FZ guy. I too wonder what happened to so many of the Boston folks. I looked at the pdf file on the Boston Ideal Org site and see many people are still in.

Any news from Boston would be appreciated.

Patty,

We may very well have crossed paths at some point but I don't remember you. Though I have seen you in the YouTube videos on the Common in the early Anonymous protests. I had large chunks of inactive/offline years during my time "in". Also, I remember moving between Day & Fdn a couple of times.

Yes, there are several familiar faces in the Boston Ideal Org PDF:
http://idealorgboston.org/

However, I notice one glaring omission. I see many photos of Heather Landry but where is Lonnie???

Also, though not in any pictures, I often see around town Elaine Tomeo/Merkel/Peters and dealt with her last year in my reverse flow of $$$. However, no sign of Keith Peters. Hmmm... The more I think about it the more names come to mine.

Then there was the de-facto staff lodging in Cambridge at "Hi-Fi Towers". Anyone have memories to share of that?

Cheers.

rickglass

Patron
I can tell you from personal experience that they're moving slower than turtle shit on renovating the new org. Most progress I can see from the outside is the installation of one window and apparently evidence of roof work. The VM mission is completely unmanned, not even a nightwatchman. I know this because I do courier work in boston and after picking up a package I stood in front of the building and pretended to take notes, and no one confronted me.

They use an old Suzuki Aerio with commercial plates to do small deliveries. It is camoflaged as a courier's car. An advertisement for a "CCHR deliveries" can be seen on the driver's side. The website is a .com which redirects to the CCHR homepage, and there's a 617 number which I assume does a similar thing.

Activity at the org is not only slow, but paranoid. I did a solo raid and caught them completely off guard. This caused them to send out Darren Tessitore and Kevin Hall to fail at bullbaiting me. 2 handlers for one anon. wow. Not only an anon, but an unmasked, KNOWN anon.

rickglass

Patron
Did anyone here have experiences with a Dr. Robert Baritz? Apparently his whole family is scientology, including his 20 year old son, still in a scientology high school.

Operating Wog

Patron with Honors
Bob and Lorraine Barritz were on lines in the 70s. Then Lorraine got declared and they were both off lines for years. She got back in which allowed Bob to get back in too, some time in the late 80s, early-mid 90s I think. She made up for lost time by zooming up the OT levels and becoming the president of the OT committee and running the ideal org thingy. Bob always seemed to just stay quiet and write lots of checks.

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Bob and Lorraine Barritz were on lines in the 70s. Then Lorraine got declared and they were both off lines for years. She got back in which allowed Bob to get back in too, some time in the late 80s, early-mid 90s I think. She made up for lost time by zooming up the OT levels and becoming the president of the OT committee and running the ideal org thingy. Bob always seemed to just stay quiet and write lots of checks.

^^^That pretty much sums it up.

rickglass

Patron
wow, thanks for the info. I didn't know there was even a problem. We just ID'd a subaru belonging to their business and the info came in from there.

did they donate a lot?

Last edited:

rickglass

Patron
Oh, and, for the lulz, here's the picture I was waving around in the new members section.

There was a mini-raid yesterday, Paul Bradford made a fool of himself trying to tell two officers how to do their jobs. The BPD is starting to hate scientology more and more as the weeks roll on

Attachments

• UNKNOWN.jpg
    UNKNOWN.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 241
Status
Not open for further replies.