What's new

Boycott Tom Cruise Movies

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
Tom Cruise Came to NYC For Movie Premiere But Didn’t See 9 Year Old Daughter Suri

by Roger Friedman - July 30, 2015 6:13 pm

snip:

The movie star saw a lot of people on this whirlwind trip, but the one person he didn’t see was his 9 year old daughter, Suri. Her mother, Katie Holmes, is living in New York with Suri right now. Last week Katie was on a lot of talk shows promoting her run in Showtime’s “Ray Donovan.” Her rep declined comment. But I am told she and Suri were in town this week while Cruise was here. It’s possible Suri saw him on Jimmy Fallon or “Entertainment Tonight.”

By all accounts, Cruise has not visited with Suri for almost two years. Sources say this is because Scientology has required him to “disconnect” from her. Cruise’s official excuse is that he’s been away shooting movies. But for a few minutes earlier this week, he and Suri were in the same city. But the
mission to get together proved impossible.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2015/07/3...emiere-but-didnt-see-9-year-old-daughter-suri

Good, because the last thing any child needs is some fuckwit scientologist getting them involved in scientology.

Jump

Operating teatime
I feel a cameo coming on. Who could it be?

HolyBackDoors_zpsjlpnmpqi.jpg

Carcassed

Patron
Tom Cruise's new movie is opening tomorrow.

I urge anyone reading this not to pay money to see his film.

IMO there are lots of reason for this call to "boycott" this film....

The main reason IMO is that the Leader of the Cult of Scientology and Tom Cruise are best friends.

The current leader of the Cult of $cientology David Miscavige has held Tom Cruise up as an example of a "stellar" public cult member, and used him as a cult recruitment tool. Tom Cruise has allowed himself to be used as a Cult recruitment / furthering tool....

IMO the Cult's attempt of a mental PR and Marketing "positioning" or association of a Hollywood movie star = stellar Cult member = successful / winning life...........is a fallacious one.

IMO I just don't see valid connections between these.

I wouldn't even touch his damn movies with a stick for free.:hand::hand::hand::hand:

Leland

Crusader
Katie Holmes is likely breathing a huge sigh of relief..................

Agreed.

Interwebs have already noted that Tom Cruise was in NYC and Katie and Surri were in NYC....and he didn't go to see them.

That is that.....

That in my book is abandonment of a child. ( Even if only abandonment of visitation rights...)

For the best, IMO, seeing as Tom Cruise is such a Cult of Hubbard adherent....

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, MI 5 Rogue Nation brought in an estimated 4 million.....last night. ( Midnight showings...)

"Vacation" is ahead with an estimated 6 mil.

https://twitter.com/BoxOffice

A remake of Vacation. Pathetic. Cruise used to open at #1 almost every time. I've been sick of him since "Days of Thunder". I take that back. Top Gun was the breaking point. And really, aside from Risky Business, what did he do that was actually good? Every role until Vanilla Sky was him playing the same over the top asshole in every movie.

Leland

Crusader
A remake of Vacation. Pathetic. Cruise used to open at #1 almost every time. I've been sick of him since "Days of Thunder". I take that back. Top Gun was the breaking point. And really, aside from Risky Business, what did he do that was actually good? Every role until Vanilla Sky was him playing the same over the top asshole in every movie.

Yea, well those are just the numbers from last night midnight showings....

Today...will be interesting...

Hope it doesn't do well.....but it is not called a "Franchise" for nothing.....some people will go to see it.

Here are the results from the other MI movies....

Personally....I have not seen one of them...

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/franchise/Mission-Impossible

Even the last one, which did do poorly the opening weekend....ended up close to par with the other ones.....

Hopefully "Going Clear and the Prison of Disbelief" will have an impact of ticket sales for this Franchise.

Leland

Crusader
Talking about franchises....

the "Bond" franchise was the leading franchise for decades.....

And I recall Sean Connery saying he didn't want to do anymore Bond movies....he was tired of playing that role.

I can see an actor saying that. Other Actors were brought in....and the Franchise survived....and is still going strong.

But not Tom Cruise.....he seems happy as a clam....( lol ) to be talking about starting shooting on the next MI movie.....right away. Of course that could just be for publicity sakes...and for raising the money for the next one....

Of course Tom Cruise WILL GET OLD. There will come a time when he can't play the lead in an action adventure movie.....

That time will come.

Sean Connery went on to play some wonderful roles....in a wide variety of genres...

Wonder what Tom Cruise will do as an Actor....he seems rather set in his "Top Asshole" role....and SPsince83 states above....

Terril park

Sponsor

I think Risky Business was probably his best. But I love top gun
and have seen it several times. However the real star was the "Tomcat".

One of the UK's dailies, I think Daily mirror said in the opening sentence
" If you only see one Tom Cruise movie this year make sure its going clear..."

AnonLover

Patron Meritorious
Hope it doesn't do well.....but it is not called a "Franchise" for nothing.....some people will go to see it.

We can help make that happen - dilute his stats. Go see some other movie at the theater this weekend. Rankings are comparisons, so show support for the flicks MI5 will be compared to.

I'm hitting Ant Man and Vacation.

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
Tom Cruise's new movie is opening tomorrow.

I urge anyone reading this not to pay money to see his film.

IMO there are lots of reason for this call to "boycott" this film....

The main reason IMO is that the Leader of the Cult of Scientology and Tom Cruise are best friends.

The current leader of the Cult of $cientology David Miscavige has held Tom Cruise up as an example of a "stellar" public cult member, and used him as a cult recruitment tool. Tom Cruise has allowed himself to be used as a Cult recruitment / furthering tool....

IMO the Cult's attempt of a mental PR and Marketing "positioning" or association of a Hollywood movie star = stellar Cult member = successful / winning life...........is a fallacious one.

IMO I just don't see valid connections between these.

NO PROBLEM! DONE!!! :thumbsup:

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
They must be spending extremely heavy for advertising. They bought board advertising along the ice during the NHL playoffs, when I go to sign in to my yahoo mail account a video ad plays full page size in the background, every day the local newspaper has a fawning article about Cruise & the movie, ads are running frequently on TV and ads show up on so many web pages I can't keep track.
The media have been calling him Teflon Tom because all the bad info about him seems to not be sticking. This infuriates me, as it is these same media buffoons that are making him Teflon Tom. I would have thought they might have learned something from the Cosby story.
Anyway, long time boycotter who encourages others to boycott. Never thought he was a decent actor. All I saw in his past performances was his over the top manic intensity.

I'm in Vegas this weekend & there are plenty of digital bulletin boards showing the ad for this film, rotating amongst others. I hope the damn thing BOMBS big time.

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
Tom Cruise Came to NYC For Movie Premiere But Didn’t See 9 Year Old Daughter Suri

by Roger Friedman - July 30, 2015 6:13 pm

snip:

The movie star saw a lot of people on this whirlwind trip, but the one person he didn’t see was his 9 year old daughter, Suri. Her mother, Katie Holmes, is living in New York with Suri right now. Last week Katie was on a lot of talk shows promoting her run in Showtime’s “Ray Donovan.” Her rep declined comment. But I am told she and Suri were in town this week while Cruise was here. It’s possible Suri saw him on Jimmy Fallon or “Entertainment Tonight.”

By all accounts, Cruise has not visited with Suri for almost two years. Sources say this is because Scientology has required him to “disconnect” from her. Cruise’s official excuse is that he’s been away shooting movies. But for a few minutes earlier this week, he and Suri were in the same city. But the
mission to get together proved impossible.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2015/07/3...emiere-but-didnt-see-9-year-old-daughter-suri

I thought I just read something on Tony Ortega's site stating he DID see his youngest daughter recently...? :confused2:

I hear M:I6 will be out in 2017... But what I cannot wait for is the 'Movies' that will be done at his new state of the art studios that was built just for him.

"It was announced on Monday that Tom Cruise would be partnering up with the Church of Scientology to create a massive film and TV studio right in the middle of Hollywood. We're hearing that the $50 million dollar lot will include two sound stages where the 53-year-old actor will film all of his blockbusters from here on out — Oh, and it's supposedly going to be so huge that it will rival Universal and Paramount!
Daily Mail reported that former Scientologists who knew about the studio plan believe that Sea Org members are currently just months away from completing the building process on Sunset Boulevard"

Maybe Tom will reboot battlefield earth!! I hear from Marty that Cruise and Travolta have not talked in 15 years because of that suck ass movie. DM and TC blame Travolta but everyone knows that it was not 'out ethics' how could it? You know damn well that DM had his hands in every second of that film.

Leland

Crusader
I replied to this news bullshit about the size of KTLA studio in Hollywood that the Cult bought.....on another thread...

The Television studio lot that the cult bought is about 3.5 acres.

Paramount in Hollywood is 65 acres....

I think Universal is around 400 acres.....

The KTLA studio that the Cult bought.....is puny. It is small....

The news article that compares the KTLA lot with Paramount and Universal is hyperbole.

And they can't put up any new buildings...because the lot is already covered in buildings.....