What's new

Breaking up Married Couples

I realized today another quality of the current Co$ culture:

managed relationships, particularly marriage.

here is a post where Blown For Good (BFG) details how Dave, Greg Wilhere, and Marty arranged marriages, but especially divorces for some married couples.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...-is-your-opinion&p=79723&viewfull=1#post79723

I have some friends. He joined the SO and divorced his wife, who he loves. He sees her at least weekly still. He married a Stepford Wife (younger). It became clear to me today that he was manipulated into this.

I exchanged PMs with someone, who was dropped, but not told that he / she was dropped in a SO relationship.

An old girl friend, that I'm still in touch with had to divorce her husband, because he was leaving the SO.

My question:

How often is this done as a covert manipulation? as an overt order/

who and what do you know? Name Names if you can. Dates, Places, Circumstances - all the better.

FoTi

Crusader
I realized today another quality of the current Co$ culture:

managed relationships, particularly marriage.

here is a post where Blown For Good (BFG) details how Dave, Greg Wilhere, and Marty arranged marriages, but especially divorces for some married couples.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...-is-your-opinion&p=79723&viewfull=1#post79723

I have some friends. He joined the SO and divorced his wife, who he loves. He sees her at least weekly still. He married a Stepford Wife (younger). It became clear to me today that he was manipulated into this.

I exchanged PMs with someone, who was dropped, but not told that he / she was dropped in a SO relationship.

An old girl friend, that I'm still in touch with had to divorce her husband, because he was leaving the SO.

My question:

who and what do you know? Name Names if you can. Dates, Places, Circumstances - all the better.

Is there a rule that anyone in the SO cannot be married to someone who is not in the SO?

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm not going to go into the particulars here at this time but, DM and some CMO Children of the Corn were personally and directly involved in instigating, aiding and abetting the tragic failure of my first marriage. I'm not saying they were responsible as I was the one that was responsible for f'n things up. But, they sure enough pushed...heavily...what they wanted.

My wound and her wound has healed but our scars are bone deep, ugly and permanent.:bigcry:

When it comes to Marriage and Divorce the CofS and SO care about what they deem is in their best interests, and the interests of their control and coffers, period.:yes:

Face :)

Last edited:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Is there a rule that anyone in the SO cannot be married to someone who is not in the SO?

What?!? And miss the oppurtunity to marry into money! Heaven forbid!

What the hell, what other rules govern the' freedom' espousing ones?

From everything I have read over the last few years, fairly often comes up the marriage thing.
There seems to be quite a history throughout Rotten Ron's creation.
Some things I have noticed~ Marriges of convience, to whit, a poor slob m/f SO or member person in good stead with making money but has none, gets paired up with someone else who has been separated because their other half can't produce, the upswing being 2 things, possibly a rich family, or usable for the cult in otherways like, um, PR, or recruiting. Also, its like a sick sort of rewards system, dunno, but I'd sure like to know how many times Lafette Ronald Hubbard played people like chess pieces, sacrificing/pillaging the pawns to make ??? Arghhhhhh :angry:
They are always being culled and switched for the best finances/pr/ imho.
Its such a travesty, this cult of Lron's, not only for the abuses and crimes it has perpetrated, but for the toll it exacts on people's relationships, the love, the cherishing, the individual commital to one another, I find basically nothing of it in the writings of the ol' wingbag, its all control and power.
Actually, Lron's views on the fairer sex were frustrated visions I think, in a most disfunctional way, of dominance and placement, heirarchy.
Cult-wise, what-ever is for the greater good. Disconnection? Marrying into the flocK? Abandoning your family?
Destroying your actual world?

All in a days work for the Hydra of Ron.

Mini-rantover fer nao, sry for the derails :(
Just pisses me off.

Ladybird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Here is an excerpt from a post in 2008 by Amy Scobee listing over 500 people who were forced to divorce at the INT/GOLD base in Hemet, California. It is a long list but I know a lot of the people and I think posting the list is important to truly get the impact of how much pain and suffering the cult causes on the 2nd dynamic:

This is only what a friend of mine and myself remembered, mostly from the past 20 years. It is NOT even a complete list!

These are people who divorced either because they were forced to, one of the spouses was declared or sent to the RPF or offloaded from the base, plus some who did it on their "own determinism."

This is close to 500 individual people divorced, on the Int Base which used to have about 800 people. Also notable is that there are now half that amount of people on the base.

(The only thing less stable was staying on post. The statistics for that were 350 post changes in 3 years.)

240 DIVORCES AT THE INT BASE IN 20 YEARS:

Jenny & Ludwig Alpers
Adrienne & Abby Ambron
Diane & Paul Anderson
Karen & Russ Andrus
Mary & Tom Ashworth
Pat & Tom Ashworth
Vivienne & Ben Atwood

Rebecca & Ailon Barram
Laurence & Danny Barram
Corinne & Henning Benndorf
Corrine & JY Besnard
Brenda & Bill Black
Darnelle & David Bloomberg
Neel & David Bogard
Maureen & Bruce Bolstad
Evelyn & Chris Borglin
Carol & Thomas Bourke
Anne & Andrew Bradley
Sarah & Glenn Briggs
Annie & Pat Broker
Pat & Bruce Bromley
Clarisse & John Brousseau
Diedre & John Brousseau
Samantha & Mike Brown
Janadair & Bill Brugger
Angela & Guido Buchele
Marsha & John Busby
Diane & Spike Bush
Eve & Jamie Butterworth

Jennifer & Bob Champagne
Vikki & Chris Chaney
Katie & Josh Charbonneau
Susie & Niels Christiansen
Nicole & Nikki Cifarelli
Jessica & Dan Cohee Jr.
Power & Elsa Coleman
Evelyn & Steve Cook
Shelly & Nicola Corrias
Nancy & Dan Crocini
Geray & Rick Cruzen
Sarah & Ian Cunningham
Sarah & Jim Cupp
Anna & Derek Cusworth

Elena & Kenny Davies
Denise & Ken Delderfield
Marion & Bill Dendiu
Jenny & Tom DeVocht
Hillary & Paul Dezotel
Rikke & Burt Drake
Phyllis & Burt Drake
Gwen & Danny Dunigan
Kettie & Danny Dunigan
Tania & John Dunstan

Megan & Hans Eisenman
Lynne & Kip Engen
Melissa & Nathaniel Epstein
Lilia & Mickey Estrada
Lelanya & Paul Eves

Olga & Bob Ferris
Julie & Mark Fisher
Pauline & David Flood
Barbara & Bill Foster
Kerrie & Joe Frances
Falbala & Wolfi Frank
Lisa & Francesco Frau

Shannon & Matthis Gahwiler
Cynthia & Calwell Garth
Charlotte & Erick Geisler
Deborah & Randall Gillion
Kathleen & John Goodwin
Luanda & Damien Gouessan
Marine & Ryan Greeve
Barbara & Jay Griffen
Sarah & Pat Gualterri
Melita & Chris Guider
Danielle & Steffan Guttermann

April & James Hall
Sue & Steve Hall
Marg & Martin Hapscheidt
Fran & Fred Harris
Suzanne & Martin Hattenbach
Nancy & Jeff Hawkins
Cathy & Jeff Hawkins
Gladys & Josh Hemphill
Gerda & Humberto Herrera
Mary Chris & Bruce Hines
Marg & Ted Horner
Diana & Jonathan Horwich
Stephanie & Jonathan Horwich
Lucy & Greg Huff

Gunhild & Larry Jacobs
Camilla & Joe Jarchow
Sharon & Xavier Jarquin
Sue & Charles Johnson
Lisbeth & John Jones
Nancy & Pascal Julienne

Karen & Rick Kamman
Yvonne & Kalle Kannisto
Theresa & Ted Karbowski
Alison & Jason Knapmeyer
Diane & Lief Konneus
Sue & Dan Koon
Misha & Tristan Korringa
Tasha & Brad Kugler
Theresa & Fritz Laner
Diane & Tim Larsen
Susie & Real Laplaine
Suzie & Robert Lemoine
Vanella & Guillaume Leserve
Lia & Carl Lewis
Heather & John Lindstein
Mariette & Billy Lindstein
Leticia & Pablo Lobato
Michelle & Pablo Lopez
Annie & Jim Logan

Birdie & Jesse Magnuson
Sadie & Chris Maifield
Jenny & Nori Matsumuri
Marcy & Warren McShane
Taryn & Sean McShane
Marie & Dave Medina
Georgianna & Jim Moonie
Liz & Jim Moonie
Sheri & Gary Moorehead
Betsy & Shawn Morrison
Chloe & Shawn Morrison
Amy & Jim Mortland
Barbara & Jim Mortland
Barbara & Clark Morton
Jan & Ken Mortenson
Bonny & Sheldon Mousell
Heather & Jurgen Muller
Rae & Doug Muller
Francine & Scott Musselman

Barbara & Norm Newton
Lorie & Nick Nierop
Alison & Mike Norton

Carol & Nigel Oakes
Anna Marie & Mike Ogletree
Gisele & Jan Olsen
Megan & John Oldfield
Bronwyn & Ulf Olofsson
Cathy & Tom Ondreicka
Anna & Tim Ottavi

Jackie & Sinar Parman
Cory & Adam Parselle
Astra & James Parselle
Amy & David Paul
Wendy & John Paulson
Vicki & Jim Pearson
Melanie & John Peeler
Mette & Leonardo Pereznieto
Marie-Noelle & Sigmar Pietsch
Sue & Gilles Pische
Stephanie & Tom Pope
Nancy & Jeff Porter
Bettina & Kevin Posten
Gail & Alan Povall
Mimica & Seth Price
Paula & Matt Price
Sue & Bill Price
Monica & Jesse Prince
Karen & Ivano Priori
Alenka & Misha Priv

Michelle & Niklas Rahkonen
Sandy & Niklas Rahkonen
Luzia & Jesse Radstrom
Megan & Chris Rae
Inci & Izzy Ramirez
Jane & Izzy Ramirez
Anne & Marty Rathbun
Geray & Marty Rathbun
Dana & Martin Reid
Mary & Ray Reiser
Diana & Wendell Reynolds
Ellen & Wendell Reynolds
Cathy & Mike Rinder
Linda & Charlie Rush
Camilla & Greg Ryerson

Monica & Francisco Sans Polo
Tory & Neil Schell
Karen & Peter Schless
Lisa & Paul Schroer
Karen & Kenny Seybold
Yael & Phil Sherlock
Stephanie & Chris Silcock
Caroline & Urs Sporri
Daniella & Sharder Starkey
Carol & Barry Stein
Mary & Barry Stein
Giselle & Andrew Stevens
Joan & Andrew Stevens
Laurisse & Uwe Stuckenbrock
Donna & Jon Stumbke
Georgiana & Ron Sommerville
Lynne & Ron Sommerville
Cheryl & Mike Sutter
Janadair & Marcus Swanson

Brigitte & Thomas Teutsch
Fleur & John Thomas
Tammy & Cliff Thomas
Jean & Mike Tomazevic
Suzette & Sterling Thompkins
Joan & Mark Treasure
Angie & Vince Trent
Jackie & Kevin True

Melissa & Martin Uvitzl

Tory & Ghislain Viau

Karen & Bruce Wagoner
Pam & Bruce Wagoner
Jessica & Bob Waldman
Sue & Jeff Walker
Cynthia & Jean-Michel Wargniez
Sonja & Richard Weingartner
Maj & Alec Wheelis
Anne & Jeff Weber
Lalania & Kurt Weiland
Elena & Beckett Wells
Karen & Dave West
Maj & Alec Wheelis
Cheryl & Karl Whitcher
Kendra & Karl Whitcher
Mark & Denise Whitta
Becky & Darius Wilhere
Sandy & Greg Wilhere
Lee & Steve Willett
Mary & Russ Williams
Anna & John Willoughby
Heather & Arepa Willoughby
Christina & Craig Wilson
Donna & Kuno Wolff
Jackie & Kuno Wolff

Michelle & Marc Yager
Vikki & Jimmy Yeoh
Georgianna & Steve Young
Joanne & Steve Young

Samantha & Daniel Zimmatore

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
"That which God has joined together, let no man put asunder."

Or perhaps God wasn't involved. Are we talking about marriages that were originally conducted in the church of a proper religion, or Scieno-PlayDoh here?

Even so, Scientology... still splitting up families and assaulting human rights at every turn. Grrr....

frhidden

Patron with Honors
Of course the third dynamic was more important than the second dynamic. That should have been clear to anyone in the SO and in Scientology.

That was why I could never find a life partner in Scientology. When I found my wife-to-be I disseminated to her and six weeks later and a few weeks married she had started the HQS Course.

A few months later I went to Flag for some auditing. She joined me there for the Christmas vacation and she did the Student Hat there.

So here is this bright young hot chick, HCO qualified. I must have been nuts to take her into the lion's den. Right in front of me she was approached by this other young hot chick who wanted to recruit her. The pitch was how hot she would look in a SO uniform. When the small problem was raised that she was just married, that was brushed aside as easily handled. There was no doubt in my mind that this recruiter would have sold her grandmother to get a product.

Surely we all knew the game bring played?

Our 25th wedding anniversary is this year! :)

Caliwog

Patron Meritorious
I realized today another quality of the current Co$ culture...

Well... it's not just part of the current culture, it's part of Scientology, period.

The mindset is part of "Greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics." Remember that in the Scientology universe, the individual (first dynamic) is on the bottom, and a relationship (second dynamic) is only one step up. So if a spouse is seen as impeding the progress of Scientology, you have to let them go. Even if you love them. Why? Because Scientology is more important.

(One wonders if this was Ron's mindset when he let his allegedly-beloved wife take the fall for Operation Snow White and go to jail, while he hid from prosecutors. Surely such an ethical being as LRH wasn't putting his own first-dynamic ass ahead of his wife's!)

I'm sure some Hubbard apologists will say "This isn't true, I knew plenty of loving couples in the Sea Org. Right, but chances are their commitment to Scientology was compatible, or one spouse dare not tell the other how he/she feels for fear of getting KR'd (assuming you know what that means). Never trust a Scientologist, not even one to whom you are married...

Ladybird

Congratulations frhidden! 27 years for us although we did spend some years apart due to RPF, disconnection etc. We are the lucky ones who got out of the cult and still together!

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
My situation as mission public was not nearly as severe as those who were org staff or sea ogres, but I have done lots of reading. From what I gather from reading on here, the Clambake, and all manner of stories on the web from those who were in deep and left ... very often marriage for sea ogres was a matter of convenience. If you were single, you lived like a pig with 12 guys in a room that was generally occupied by a single human. In fact, even when I was onboard a submarine, the living conditions were not as bad. There was the constant push for cleanliness and proper stowage of gear including personal gear and at least you had a rack curtain. It wasn't better for the women, either. In fact, it might have been a good deal worse because women are generally higher maintenance as far as grooming needs, bathroom time, the amount of personal gear, etc. and yet they were packed in like sardines just like the guys and had no more bathroom time either. Then there is the shared need for someone safe to hang onto, someone who could provide "benefits." Marriage was the solution.

If you "mocked up a toodee" with someone, your living quarters improved dramatically and there were "benefits" as well. After all, its not like you could afford to do the club scene night after night ... and if you did, and you found yourself out on the dance floor for that slow dance, where would you go afterwards anyways? And what about a car? And what about the ethics visit after a night of partying? No, you had to keep it all in house, and house rules had it that there was no such thing as "mocking up a toodee" without that trip down the isle, not if you wanted "benefits."

Under those circumstances, and the horrendous work hours ... it's not like you got a great deal of time to actually get to know someone. So perhaps a particular "who" was not all that important as long as she at least shaved her armpits and waxed her legs, didn't have a moustache, provided half way decent "benefits," and didn't snore at 185 decibels. There wouldn't have been much time for getting nagged to death anyways and not much to nag you about either.

Pete

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
I'm not going to go into the particulars here at this time but, DM and some CMO Children of the Corn were personally and directly involved in instigating, aiding and abetting the tragic failure of my first marriage. I'm not saying they were responsible as I was the one that was responsible for f'n things up. But, they sure enough pushed...heavily...what they wanted.

My wound and her wound has healed but our scars are bone deep, ugly and permanent.:bigcry:

When it comes to Marriage and Divorce the CofS and SO care about what they deem is in their best interests, and the interests of their control and coffers, period.:yes:

Face :)

That fucking cult. I'm so sorry, Face.

A true (not talkin' 'bout ideological beliefs here) good church knows it exists for its congregation, not the other way around. Cof$ has never realized that and never will.

Again, I'm truly sorry this happened to you.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
When I was at that stupid mission (I wrote a thread about it. Kinda old now so mebbe not everyone has seen it. Anyway, I was staff, backwoods teeeeeeeny mission, really not a good scene. There. I've summed it up.) I knew another staffer who was married to a non Scn'ist. He got into Scn after he married the lady. She never stood in the way of his Scn stuff. Never. And the mission holder was pushing him and this single female staffer together. There was a bit of a mutual attraction already and the ED capitalized on it and pushed the issue. I don't think the marriage broke up but it may've been a close call.

Things came to a head when J and I left staff and then the mission holder disbanded the place soon after so that she could go live in Xenu City and spend all her money on OT levels that don't do anything. So then the two staffers were left alone and that's probably part of the reason the marriage didn't break up. I think if the mission would have still been there and these two kept getting pushed that maybe a divorce would have happened with the guy then hooking up with the female staffer.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is also one of the targets for handling their enemies, the SPs. If they are in a marriage, do anything to help break them up, it destabilizes the SP....(Myself, and many others) They also supply advice, documents and lawyers to spouses of their enemies during custody proceedings. (myself (I have a letter from DSA OSA Sylvia rat bastard Stanard to my son's mother during custody litigation offering a lawyer who later introduced their own RFW RUBBISH as supposed "evidence"!!!), and Tom Padgett, and many others) and then, in a related vein, add Paulette Cooper's boyfriend... who was run in onto her, saying all the right things, but turned out to be a clam working for scn, he is the one who stole a sheet of her printed letterhead from their bedroom, upon which Scientology typed the bomb threat, to be added "proof" she was the bad person who did it.

arnie lerma

Last edited:

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Yes, Arnie, I absolutely believe that's a weapon they use. They have a lot of things they do to control people.

So if someone's hostile to them or they even think maybe, they'll try to bust up a relationship between that person and someone in "good standing".

They also interfere when nothing's wrong at all. It's like- they never leave anyone alone.

Jquepublic

My divorce was directly related to Scientology. In fact my husband was on OT VII when I decided to leave staff and happened to be at Flag on a 6 month check while I was on my routing form. He had some pre-pubescent Ethics Officer tell him that divorce was his "most pro-survival option".

I really should send her a thank you note, come to think of it. I'm not sure how it worked out for him but things have gone well on this end!