ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Brighton Org - going down.

Discussion in 'Europe' started by JohnMccMaster, Jul 7, 2012.

?
  1. Yes - in a letter from informed individuals

75.0%
  2. No - they haven't got the cajones

25.0%
  1. JohnMccMaster

JohnMccMaster Patron with Honors

[​IMG]
    Mandeep Birdy - Is she still on staff?

Brighton Org UK is currently experiencing walk-outs and refund demands according to a newly ex-member.

The Org itself, based on Churchill Square, Brighton, is down to 9 staff, all on zero pay. They’re so strapped for cash they've sold furniture from both course rooms including the student’s (what students?) desks and chairs to raise rent money, replacing it with creaky charity shop wooden tables and chairs. I guess any students that are stupid enough to be there and communiKate will be leaving with free splinters to accompany their numbed minds.

Not too sure how far that money will stretch judging by what the rent is each month. Allegedly (hehe) it has been common practice for the staff to prey on their own members to partially or wholly foot the rent bill for at least ten years.

It appears both Hove and Hastings Missions are no longer listed and the only Scientology in the area can be found at Poole Mission, Bournemouth and Hastings Narconon. What's happened to Eastbourne Mission is unclear.

I believe the Independent declaration by Israel's Dani and Tami will have a snowball effect here once Mission holders get the concept of becoming independent. Payback for the 80′s Miscavige. Get ready for the reach-around.

Latest is one ex-public demanded his £16,000 back and got £700, which was scraped up from gullible public members.

All Brighton needs to do is declare Independence from St. Hill and Miscavige and, because they're public-run, could legally deliver Scientology to those who want it. As can all UK Orgs except St. Hill which is Sea Org. Unless there's another I don't know of. Which there probably is knowing me. What was I saying????

Any freeloader debts holding staffers back from this action are not legally enforceable, as with the auditor training recently received at Flag by certain Brighton staffers.

Rumour has it, don't you just love 'em, that the dubious financial jugglings of 2 well-known male staffers from the 90's are under scrutiny, and that's all I'm saying.

Watch this space. And the newspapers for upcoming ex-Brighton member's horror stories.

[​IMG]

2. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

Thanks for this. These are 'interesting times' for Scientology.

3. Random guy

Random guy Patron with Honors

Cross-posted to WWP

4. johnAnchovie

johnAnchovie Still raging

I would love to talk to Brighton ex staff and public, I knew the staff and field very well, and would like to see them out and free of all that awful mindfuck.

Please feel free, John, to put any of them in touch with me.

John

5. Freeminds

Freeminds Bitter defrocked apostate

Brighton Org is less than thirty miles by car from Stain Hill Manor. If $cientology can't make it go right in Brighton, they can't make it go right anywhere.

The Idle Org in Queen Victoria Street isn't seeing many people going in or out nowadays either. Unless there's some underground parking garage that I don't know about? For comparison, the Fan Museum (12 Crooms Hill, London, SE10 8ER, dedicated to the history of handheld fans and the craft of fan making) seems to get about five times as many people going inside per hour, based on my occasional studies of the cult's shrinkage.

6. Axiom142

Axiom142 Gold Meritorious Patron

When I was last down in Brighton, in August of last year, the signs had been taken down from the building in Churchill Square. There were ‘To Let’ signs up in most of the windows, although they appear to have left ‘Dianetics’ blinds up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Or perhaps they are still there but have just gone into hiding?

I wasn’t able to find an alternative address for the org, so perhaps they are resorting to operating out of someone’s spare room? This is supposed to be a Class V Org, remember.

When I first went there in the mid ‘80s, Brighton was easily the biggest and most successful mission in the UK. Then in ’87 it became an Org and went under the control of the Sea Org who promptly messed it up.

Axiom142

7. Freeminds

Scientology's latest nonsense statistics claim... what? Ten thousand "churches", missions and groups all around the world, and 25 million members.

That means that, on average, each "church" or other cult facility serves 2,500 people.

Do you see 2,500 people stopping by that shabby little office to buy a seventeen-volume copy of "Liar Liar Pants On Fire - The Official LRH Biography"? Can you imagine 2,500 people getting auditing in that office? Can you even imagine them delivering 2,500 free stress tests, when they're not even at street level?

Well obviously some Scientology groups must be larger than this one, to maintain the average. York, maybe? Oh... no that won't do: the mission there has failed, and closed. Hove? Likewise disappeared. Poole? Killed off by the Plymouth Ideal Org scam, I think. Hastings or Eastbourne? If they still exist at all, they're meeting in somebody's living room. Tunbridge Wells? Did that one ever get off the ground?

Chichester, Croydon, Hartlepool, Leeds, Yeovil, Glasgow... all failed. AFAIK.

Sunderland Org? Apart from that fact that the door is painted blue rather than black, it's every bit as closed up and deserted as Brighton.

Scientology seems to be dying on its arse in Britain.

8. Axiom142

Brighton had been going rapidly downhill for several years and then Anonymous happened. I’m not even sure they are still delivering services. At least not the ones that a Class V org is supposed to. They certainly aren’t at their old location, which was pretty seedy. They probably couldn’t afford it, which says a lot about the efficacy of the ‘Tech’.

Tunbridge Wells is a good example. Around 2005, I got a visitation from some IAS-bots and one of them was a ‘volunteer’, let’s call him, I dunno, ‘Roger Nunn’. Roger excitedly told me some gibberish about how there was going to be some sort of vote in the European Parliament in the next week and the IAS needed a big donation from me to help stop the SPs changing the law. “If the SPs get in, then it’s all over!”, he proclaimed.

No, it didn’t make a lot of sense then, either.

‘Roger’ told me that he was just helping out with the IAS while he was wrapping up his personal affairs and getting a visa so that he could go to Flag to train full-time as an auditor. Didn’t see him around much after that.

A few years later, there was a newsletter at St Hill, in which Roger was asking for funds to get a mission in Tunbridge Wells started. Quite why someone would want to give thousands to someone to start a mission which was supposed to make money for the mission-holder, was never explained.

And, a few years later, a got a flier through the door advertising the mission in T. Wells. From the address given, it operates a few hours a week from an address above some shops. Clearly it is not a success and I’d be surprised if it has any regular public. I must go along sometime and see if it is still there.

I worked at Chichester mission in 1986 for a few weeks before I joined the Sea Org. The mission operated out of about 2 rooms in someone’s (Gill Longhurst) flat in Franklin Place. It was a constant battle for survival – there was never enough money to pay even the basic bills. Once I paid the gas bill of around £100 just so Gill could carry on living there. The staff consisted of Gill (running the place and being the course supervisour), Simon Locke (part-time Book 1 auditor and dogsbody) and me (very part-time dogsbody). It closed a few years after that.

I’m pretty sure Croydon hasn’t been open for some years. There used to be a mission in Southampton, that closed in the late ‘80s, but then another one opened there in the noughties, don’t know if it is still going. Basically, the only time the missions were doing any business was when Roger Kaye was running things. When he got booted out in the early 90s, it all started going down the crapper.

Axiom142

9. Axiom142

Here is the latest list of cult orgs in the UK. It includes missions, but still doesn’t look very healthy. Gone are Chichester, York, Poole, Hove and Tunbridge Wells missions. Southampton is listed, but tellingly there are no contact details! If it doesn’t have a location, how can it exist?

And rather bizarrely, they are listing missions in India and Pakistan as being in the UK! And I don’t think that the Irish will be very happy to see that Dublin has been moved to the UK. :ohmy:

[​IMG]

Also, Brighton is listed as being in the same building as before, although as I showed previously, there doesn’t appear to be much going on there.

Axiom142

10. Dave B.

Dave B. Maximus Ultimus Mostimus

Need some captions for this pic. "Open your wallet or purse and make us happy again. "$cientology, happy smiling faces." OK your turn. :)

11. GoNuclear

GoNuclear Gold Meritorious Patron

It's amazing what has happened since Anonymous showed up on the scene over 4 years ago. If I am not mistaken, the above photo goes back to March of 2008, the second monthly Anonymous protest.

From time to time, I have looked pretty much like the folk in that picture. And whenever I have gotten like that, I go on colon cleanser for a week along with that Chinese "dieter's" tea. It has all sorts of interesting herbs, especially senna leaves. You either go easy with that stuff or you learn the hard way to go easy with it. You don't want to get to far from a bathroom on the program, believe me. But after a week, you no longer have that harumphed look that those org staffers in the photo have and you are smiling again, with your system functioning normally, your good mood and energy restored with backed up toxins no longer clouding your brain. Your o-ring might feel a bit tuckered out, but, overall you feel better.

Anyways ... from reading this, it seems that these orgs are full of staff, with the possible exception of OSAbots, that are not really credible enemies, just beaten down victims. They feel beaten down from the incredible horseshitistic pressure from above for them to produce, from public that have been squeezed and squeezed for dono's, from the answers and mocking they get from prospective public that have read what's on the web, and from themselves ... having been trained to believe that it is their fault for not making it go right. This could dictate a change in approach.

What I suggest is this ... they need to be told that it is all over and its time to get their lives back. If some Anons showed up and passed the plate for a starving staffer who was sincere about quitting IMMEDIATELY, no routing, no even going back in the building to retrieve half a pack of smokes or a well broken in coffee mug. The PR damage to the church would be overwhelming if it got out on the web that Anons were taking up collections for clams on the way out.

On the other hand ... if it continues to the bitter end, the staffers wind up living in their cars or out on the street and its over anyways. This could be the beginning of the long awaited implosion.

Pete

12. Freeminds

Just found this news item from last year... disgusting!

More here:
    http://tinyurl.com/LRonWasDumb

Last edited: May 6, 2014