What's new

Brighton Picket 16/8/08

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron
I arrived in Brighton around midday.It was very good to meet the Brighton annons.After shaking hands with Annons, waved to the video recorder in the upstairs window of the Dianetics and Scientology college.:no:

Interesting to note that every protest is different.
There were seven/ eight of us. Lots of fliers were handed out.Brighton residents are very supportive of the Annons presence.Unfortunately there is no car honking in Brighton. I missed that. A bus did honk once and i found myself shouting "Yay" only to realise it was because some idiot was crossing the road when they shouldn't have been.:D

My sign was the same one i used in East.Grinstead.

Scientology Ruins Lives.
Exscientologykids.com

Lots of people commented on how true that was.One kid shouted out to a masked Annon " Your masks scare little kids", "Rubbish" i shouted back.I chatted to one man who was talking about Citizens Commission of Human Rights. I wish i knew what he was talking about, think he'd been drinking. Whatever he was trying to say, he did agree with my sign.

An ex Scieno who didn't stop to chat, said in passing,wasted 17 years in there and it's Fantastic to see someone doing something about it.:thumbsup:

Had some very interesting conversations, yet again met some lovely people.At one point had a few people round me and instantly reminded of Tory and the wall of OTs blocking the sign, so raised my sign higher and carried on talking.I'm sure i wasn't being blocked but my sign did get read by hundreds of people and i aimed to make sure as many people as possible read it. As someone pointed out, you were unlikely to forget the Exscientologykids.com logo.

Went off to get a coffee and a much needed sandwich,Thank you,got talking to an Annon for too long and arrived back to find everyone had called it a day.Sorry i missed saying Goodbye.See you next time.

So although i missed seeing my London Anon friends, it was a very good day.What i continue to find quite incredible is how so many people worldwide go out of their way to protest $cientology, having never been in, yet determined to bring to light the abuse and suffering that has and still does go on inside the corporation of $cientology.

Thank You! :)

ScudMuffin

Went well here in brum

brum002xq7.jpg

More stuff below

http://forums.brumanon.co.uk/index.php?showforum=25

BrumAnon: Gets Ling Done.

Pixie

Crusader
What i continue to find quite incredible is how so many people worldwide go out of their way to protest $cientology, having never been in, yet determined to bring to light the abuse and suffering that has and still does go on inside the corporation of $cientology.

Thank You! :)

This is excellent Tamasin!! I agree, this continues to move me very deeply too. Sounds like another great protest. Well done to you Scud and Asagai and Anonymous.. you are my heros!! :thumbsup:

asagai

Patron Meritorious
And don't forget PollyC the SP, the Suppressive Parrot! :thumbsup:

He was last seen flying off to cross the Atlantic! He said he was going to fly over New York and cities westward to fly over each picket, screeching his support.

His aim was to finally make it to Int so he could swoop down over DM and yell "It's a con!".

I hope he made it OK. Don't know if we'll ever see him safely back in the UK!

Sharone Stainforth

Went well here in brum

Glad you had a good day. Love the hat.

Well done Tams, well done Scud, well done anonymous!

Thank You asagai.

I forgot to mention the Born again Christian who thought i should give up protesting Scientology and find God and Jesus. He wanted to pray for me, which was a nice sentiment.
There was also an aithiest who tried to convince me Scientology was exactly the same as Catholisism. It was a very different protest to the one in London, met some unusual characters to say the least.

This is excellent Tamasin!! I agree, this continues to move me very deeply too. Sounds like another great protest. Well done to you Scud and Asagai and Anonymous.. you are my heros!!

Its wonderful isn't it. Thank you Pixie.

Last edited:

Pixie

Crusader
And don't forget PollyC the SP, the Suppressive Parrot! :thumbsup:

He was last seen flying off to cross the Atlantic! He said he was going to fly over New York and cities westward to fly over each picket, screeching his support.

His aim was to finally make it to Int so he could swoop down over DM and yell "It's a con!".

I hope he made it OK. Don't know if we'll ever see him safely back in the UK!

:omg: Oh no! I forgot about PollyC again! :duh: I guess that means I'm in his bad books once again.. what can I say, you're going to have to apologise for me in the hope that he won't be as long 'chillin' about whether to forgive me or not! :eyeroll: So, he's flying over the protests screeching, well that's just great! Unless he meets a sexy brightly coloured bird while he's gone.. he'll probably be back, if not, just follow the trail of feathers.. :coolwink:

asagai

Patron Meritorious
:omg: Oh no! I forgot about PollyC again! :duh: I guess that means I'm in his bad books once again.. what can I say, you're going to have to apologise for me in the hope that he won't be as long 'chillin' about whether to forgive me or not! :eyeroll: So, he's flying over the protests screeching, well that's just great! Unless he meets a sexy brightly coloured bird while he's gone.. he'll probably be back, if not, just follow the trail of feathers.. :coolwink:

I fear DM may have caught him when he swooped too low and now he has him tethered to a tree, forever to fly around and around in the heat along with the other SPs at Int. :melodramatic: