ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Brum Ideal Org update!

Discussion in 'Europe' started by ScudMuffin, May 28, 2010.

1. ScudMuffin

ScudMuffin Silver Meritorious Patron

Thought we could do with a new thread, no real need to necrothread.

BrumAnon: Pitmaston Update Thread

BrumAnon Operation: Pitstop

2. greebly

greebly Patron with Honors

lol

According to my data they still have not paid off the "mortgage" yet, lol.

When any exes get some time please PM me re:
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?p=423087

3. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

I hope they have enough room for a heliport, and space for all the Bentleys and Rolls Royces people will flock in from Wallsall and Bromsgrove, Woverhampton's not far, yes I can see this Org filling up in no time (as in never!)

4. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Take a look at the Birmingham central Mosque and the ideal org looks pretty puny.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...mingham+mosque&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=isch:1

Also note that there 140000 thousand Muslims in Birmingham and 1781 Scientologists in the whole of England and Wales per the last census.

Birmingham has plenty of big mosques, temples and churches this idle org doesn't make them look that big or powerful.

5. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

What's 'ideal' about Ideal Orgs is the fact that there's nobody inside them :)

6. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Smilla, how right you are empty orgs are good for me too.

7. Local rag the Birmingham Mail is reporting that the Ideal Org in Moseley (Pitmaston) will open soon:

I think it's lazy journalism and not much more than a regurgitated press release - it's been well-documented that the CoS bought the estate in September 2007 for example, and the reason given for the move is a claim and not a fact - but it's news nonetheless.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  8. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

So let's see. It's lain fallow for two years. They don't have permission (yet) to change its zoning to a place of worship. (They must use a different dictionary to mine, as they can't possibly admit that they worship money.)

"Outgrow" their former premises? Yeah, right. It's a shame the authorities don't have a "Dox or GTFO" culture.

Peaches Geldof? Yeah, great PR. But if you don't see the media or Internet you don't get the skinny, do you?

And they haven't started renos yet, but still hope to have it open by July, 4-8 weeks away! This is CofS Ideal Org renos, so I assume it involves gutting the place.

Sigh.

Paul

9. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Needs a flying saucer landing pad on the roof too.

Zinj

10. ScudMuffin

Doubt it'll open before the end of the year. They've been spouting the same spiel since 2006 at least.

11. degraded being

degraded being Sponsor

I rather hope Peaches will be there.

Rockstar progeny and Brit scenester queen Peaches Geldof makes a cameo in a Reddit forum for "WTF one-night stand stories." A commenter describes an alleged heroin-fueled Thanksgiving Eve sex party—and waking up in the Hollywood Celebrity Scientology Center.

12. ScudMuffin

She'd turn the place into a shooting gallery.

13. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

It would be an improvement

Zinj

14. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Bumping to find out if Birmingham moved to their plush renewed mega building, is it empty or has it burned down like so many others.

15. thetanbuster

thetanbuster Patron

I am dying to know, also.

16. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

I couldn't find anything on google about them moving in, I guess they must be still in the old one.

17. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

18. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

I went past Birmingham Org the other day. I couldn't find it. Does it have any shop front? Is it just anonymous rooms above a cafe? Has it moved into the vast warehouse out of town? (I doubt that!)

19. ScudMuffin

I went past at about 1.30am not long back, lights were on upstairs. Look for the baguette shop next to cafe rouge on ethel street and it's next to that, the doorway to the right. Next to the pawn shop.

Oh dear.

Not a clue what's going on. Probably scrabbling for pennies. The ideal org is open. Gets some use. Doubt it is as packed out as the base star would have us believe.

20. Vittorio

Vittorio Patron Meritorious

I don't believe the Ideal Org is open yet. There is nothing on Scientology.Org or the Brum website to suggest that it is.