What's new

Buddhism vs. Scientology.

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious
Ex-Scientologists (now they are wogs and SPs) and the wogs who never joined CoS do not think that Hubbard was Buddha in one of his past lives. But the Scientologists who read Hubbard’s idiotic poem, Hymn to Asia, believe that he was the incarnation of Buddha.

In this article I am going to compare and contrast Scientology with Buddhism to show that they have very little in common. In fact, these doctrines have only one thing in common -- they ascertain that the past lives exist. But their similarities end right here.

1. A core Buddhist belief is that an individual after his/her death either goes to Heaven or finds himself in Hell or returns to the earth in a new physical body.
But “Hubbard the Buddha” wrote that Heaven and Hell do not exist.

"A sign on one (the left as you enter) says 'This is Heaven'. The right has a sign 'Hell' with an arrow and inside the grounds one can see the excavations like archaeological diggings with the raw terraces, that lead to 'Hell'. Plain wire fencing encloses the place. There is a sentry box beside and outside the right pillar. The roadway 'leading up' to the gates is deeply eroded. An effigy of Joseph, complete with desert clothing is seen approaching the gates (but not moving) leading a donkey which 'carries' the original Madonna and child from 'Bethlehem'. The implanting boxes lie on either side of this 'entering' path at path level."
“Further, we have our hands on an appalling bit of technology where the world is concerned. With rapidity and a Meter it can be shown that Heaven is a false dream and that the old religion was based on [a] very painful lie, a cynical betrayal."
HCOB, 11 May 1963

The above description of Heaven does not look like a Buddhist paradise to me.

2. Buddhist do not believe in existence of the soul. Their denial of the existence of souls is called the “no-atman doctrine” (the word “atman” means “soul” in Sanskrit). According to Buddha, only the mind and the physical body exist.

The term “physical body” has the same meaning in all languages.

The Buddhists see the mind as a conglomerate of two parts -- intelligence and memory.

The term “intelligence” has the same meaning in all languages.

For the Buddhists, the term “memory” designates the sum of all past experiences. This is a very interesting topic, but it has nothing to do with Scientology.

The words “souls”, “spirits” and “thetans” are, obviously, synonyms. As one can see, the Buddhists do not believe in existence of the thetans.

3. The most evil person in the history of our universe, Xenu, is not mentioned in the Buddhist literature. Apparently, when Hubbard was Buddha, the notion of Xenu eluded him.

4. Buddha said that the hypnotism has only a brief influence on a person. But this also means that the implants do not exist. Apparently, LRH the Incarnation of Buddha contradicted LRH the Buddha. Perhaps, Hubbard could not recall correctly his life as Buddha. What else did he recall incorrectly?

5. There is a disagreement among the Buddhist denominations about the origins of the Universe.

5A. Majority of the Buddhist denominations believe that the Universe always existed, which means that it does not have a creator.
This notion runs contrary to the “Scientology doctrine” which states that the thetans created the Universe.

5B. Several Buddhist denominations hold the view that the entity known as Adi-Buddha (primordial Buddha) created the Universe. The Adi-Buddha was not created by anyone, he always existed. Instead of saying that Adi-Buddha created everything, the Buddhists say that everything “emanates” from him. But the differences between “creation” and “emanation” are insignificant.

Obviously, the Adi-Buddha is not a thetan, but an entity similar to Judeo-Christian God.

The Adi-Buddha has several names; his widely used name is Vairadhara.

Was LRH the incarnation of Vairadhara? If he were, the Scientologists might as well call him God Jehovah! Perhaps, this is how he wanted to be called. Well, in this case he was not alone -- there were mentally ill people, including David Koresh, who believed that they are God.

==========================================
Although I was an atheist when I joined CoS in search of new Dianetics methods, I knew few basic things about Buddhism. Unfortunately, I learned that Hubbard proclaimed himself as Buddha after I left CoS. I wish I have read Hymn to Asia when I was a Scientologist -- that would have been enough to send me packing and leaving CoS in a hurry.

My advice to the current Scientologists is to acquire some knowledge about Buddhism. You do not need to learn it in depth, but you should educate yourselves about its basics; a good book on Buddhism history will do.

Then you will come to inevitable conclusion that the motherfucker whom you see as the mankind’s Savior was either a retarded piece of shit or a piece of shit who was a conman. Which one of the two he was is not terribly important. But seeing yourself smarter and morally higher than the Founder is your way out of the Scientology scam. You have been fed a pack of lies, and because of that your mind is not functioning the way it should. But you are not stupid -- some day you will leave Scientology behind.

Some day you will join the ranks of ex-Scientologists, I am sure of that.
May your recovery from the Scientology scam be fast. The real Buddha is on your side.

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

In this article I am going to compare and contrast Scientology with Buddhism to show that they have very little in common.

-snip-

Scientologists think they know more about Buddhism than Buddhists do.

That's because...

2ns9wte.jpg

advance0026000.jpg

1410fb295e9fde1c29cf8fa1210f672c6b851759672ffe3eaff4b39e17a1e0776g.jpg

I can be addressed
But in our temples best
Address me and you address
Lord Buddha.
Address Lord Buddha
And you then address
Metteyya.

L. Ron Hubbard, from 'Hymn of Asia'

renegade

Silver Meritorious Patron
Saying he was the Buddah in a past life was one of his biggest and worst crimes. Believing that datum kept me from looking into Buddhism for a very long time and away from all the incredible benefits of Buddhism.

The being in present time is what hooked me into scn in the first place and was NOT lrh's discovery, but stollen from Buddhism.

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious
I would like to pose this question to Scientologists -- how do you explain the fact that the Buddhists have not accepted Hubbard as Buddha?

I would like to pose this question to Scientologists -- how do you explain the fact that the Buddhists have not accepted Hubbard as Buddha?

Why would they? Such a statement is meaningless in the Buddhist philosophy. There are deemed to be infinitely many Buddhas, each present in his own time & community. In accordance with Buddhism ...

All Sentient Beings Have Buddha Nature

Mark A. Baker

Hatshepsut

Crusader
Two days ago I came across a terrific series of videos__11 of them__

It's a youtube poster called Vesica Institue. The title is Rosicrucian Initiation. As I labored through the lecture I could not help but notice that Rosicrucianism is the inner order of the Golden Dawn. The big cheeses of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn were all S.R.I.A.. That is Societas Rosicruciana In Anglia.

delicious piece by Wynn Westcott re history and humanitariun goals and moving up thru the levels

http://www.golden-dawn.com/en/UserFiles/en/file/pdf/Westcott_Lecture.pdf

I was reading Max Heindel's Rosicrucian Cosmo Conception last week (difficult) and I found it does depict some Hindu and original Buddhist beliefs. The diagrams are there so I KNOW I did not misread these concepts.

This is well worth watching if you are interested in what Aleister Crowley was initiated into at the time of Wm Wynn Westcott and S.L. MacGregor. I finally understood whey the idea of the Illuminati and the Freemansons are considered suspect to running things. It all comes from the basic secrecy of the second and thrid levels. Rosicrucianism was pretty clandestine in it's beginning. The witch hunts for heresy were in abundance against them. They had research colleges and collaborated one with another in scientific studies that could benefit the condition of man and his spiritual condition. Rosicrucianism brings to mind the grade chart of LRH. :)

[video=youtube;Ko97juE0VVk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ko97juE0VVk[/video]

There has come to be a wide variety of lodges with their own revisals just like there have come to be many Independent Scientology groups like Idenics and Dianology etc. One that I caught a glimpse of was doing gpm work much like the 'gunas principle' as presented by Max Sandor. Starting from an exterior viewpoint, you move into and occupy a primal energy and then it's opposing energy mving up the tree. Wowser.

So if Buddhism and Zen can manipulate the mental faculties to the way of a Middle Pillar equinimity as in Rosicrucian Initiation practices, I'd say there are some slight similarities with the Scientology grade chart. One very vast difference is that the conception of where a being comes from and where he's heading differs greatly from time to time as older order evolved. And it is somewhat different to what those of us who came out of the C of S tend to have cognited on.:confused2:

Last edited:

Hatshepsut

Crusader
Snippet of One Golden Dawn community's workings as illustrated by someone helping his neophytes.

Image33.gif

GUNAS PRINCIPAL
http://www.censorthis.com/ouran/GD72.html

[video=youtube;0DckWHJ9TcY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DckWHJ9TcY&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

I posit that Scientology's roots and Ron Hubbard's interest in magick and BTs came from Rosicrucian influence. Did you know that they scout out the angels behind any manifestation and seek to use these spirits to cause effects in accordance with their goal of the spiritual alchemy, the raising all the parts of man back to the ONE.

Last edited:

Demented LRH

Patron Meritorious
Why would they? Such a statement is meaningless in the Buddhist philosophy. There are deemed to be infinitely many Buddhas, each present in his own time & community. In accordance with Buddhism ...

All Sentient Beings Have Buddha Nature

Mark A. Baker
The words "Buddha nature" are used to indicate that anyone can become a Buddha. However, this phrase does not mean that an entity had already become a Buddha. The process of gaining Buddhahood is very long, it includes several stages.

Some Buddhist denominations believe that the number of Buddhas is infinite, some do not. But even those who believe in the infinity of Buddhas hold the view that ALL contemporaries of a Buddha know that he is the Savior. The study their Savior's teachings. But the Buddhist who inhabit the Earth do not study the Tech, vast majority of them have not heard about Hubbard.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
One thing about Buddha, he seems to have made a lasting impression without ever having to smash his name into anything. Scientology would be anathema to a true Buddhist, IMO.

Gadfly

Crusader
One thing about Buddha, he seems to have made a lasting impression without ever having to smash his name into anything. Scientology would be anathema to a true Buddhist, IMO.

I remember back on Flag in about 1985. There was a large group of Buddhists from India touring Flag. They were being treated as VIPs, events were held, and much was being made about it.

The skinny and PR was that Buddhism was going to accept and adopt Scientology!

:hysterical:

I thought it was so GOOFY! That Scientology and Scientologists could actually have the view that these people would want much of anything that Hubbard had to offer.

In the end, they didn't.

The ideas and paths of Buddhism and Scientology are so very very different.

It always cracks me up, with belly laughter, when I think or hear Marty's (very dumb) comment that Scientology is "technological Buddhism". It PRETENDS to be that, just as it pretends to be so many things.

Hubbard was a master of "mocking up". The entire movement of Scientology is best viewed as a textbook case of a person who has applied the ideas of "mocking up" and "making something real by garnering agreement". Scientology includes the "tech" on how to pretend things into existence, and Scientology ITSELF is an example of THAT. It is a BIG LIE pretending to be something else.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I remember back on Flag in about 1985. There was a large group of Buddhists from India touring Flag. They were being treated as VIPs, events were held, and much was being made about it.

The skinny and PR was that Buddhism was going to accept and adopt Scientology!

I thought it was so GOOFY! That Scientology and Scientologists could actually have the view that these people would want much of anything that Hubbard had to offer.

In the end, they didn't.

The ideas and paths of Buddhism and Scientology are so very very different.

It always cracks me up, with belly laughter, when I think or hear Marty's (very dumb) comment that Scientology is "technological Buddhism". It PRETENDS to be that, just as it pretends to be so many things.

Hubbard was a master of "mocking up". The entire movement of Scientology is best viewed as a textbook case of a person who has applied the ideas of "mocking up" and "making something real by garnering agreement". Scientology includes the "tech" on how to pretend things into existence, and Scientology ITSELF is an example
of THAT. It is a BIG LIE pretending to be something else.​

The Dalai Lama returns from Flag with a vital
message of universal import for all Buddhists worldwide. . .

dalai-lama-.jpg

"Brothers and sisters, I have visited the West and studied the holy
scriptures of Scientology and the man who divined this wisdom,
L. Ron Hubbard. I have studied his book Hymn of Asia where
he has offered mankind a sacred message about the arrival of
Buddha back on our planet. I have studied the Founder's
path to enlightenment. I have also studied Mr. Hubbard's interaction
with men....and women--like Paulette Cooper--and I must tell
you that Mr. Hubbard is a depraved criminal and if he is really
the reincarnated Buddha, I'm so outta these cults and just
gonna hang out and party from now on!"

Div6

Crusader

He let others do it for him. The literature in the East surrounding him is enormous. There are books describing his "pre-Bhudda" incarnations, his 40 years of teaching after his "enlightenment", his "mystcal" conversions of others, and that is just in the Theraveda tradition. In fact, the Pali Canon ("Tech Vols", if you will) take up a whole bookcase:

300px-Tipitaka1.jpg

Gadfly

Crusader
He let others do it for him.

And, THAT is they key here.

People, on their own, without manipulation and lobbying by ones own agents, recognize and appreciate achievements of all kinds.

Hubbard apparently knew that NOBODY would EVER naturally, on their own, recognize him for much of anything of any value. So, Hubbard created an organization, with ENTIRE SECTIONS and DEPARTMENTS devoted to "spreading his good works", "making Hubbard well known and well thought of", and so forth.

He created posts in the Sea Org whose entire purpose is TO SMASH HIS NAME INTO HISTORY. Hubbard made sure that THAT Admin Scale was well aligned! :duh:

There is a street called L. Ron Hubbard Way in Hollywood, NOT because people in general loved and/or appreciated the man, but ONLY because various people from the Church of Scientololgy organized an INTENSE lobbying campaign to have the street name changed.

If the Church of Scientology weren't constantly working overtime to get Hubbard's name out there, and to somehow get him to be well thought of (generally with grandiose lies and gross exaggerations of his talents and achievements), for the most part Hubbard would have little or no footprint on the real world of useful people. There is really nothing outstanding about the man. He is amazingly MEDIOCRE in so many regards. Just about the only thing that Hubbard really excelled at was LYING (making shit up, fiction, make-believe).

renegade

After getting sick and tired of the reg at Flag contacting me, I told her I'm now a Buddhist so please remove me from all your mailing and call-in lists. She said ok.

Then she says "I can send you information on scn and Buddhism. We have a lot of fliers on it and I will gladly dig them up and send it to you!"

I told her no thanks, please don't send me any squirrelled Buddhism info!

Gadfly

Crusader
After getting sick and tired of the reg at Flag contacting me, I told her I'm now a Buddhist so please remove me from all your mailing and call-in lists. She said ok.

Then she says "I can send you information on scn and Buddhism. We have a lot of fliers on it and I will gladly dig them up and send it to you!"

I told her no thanks, please don't send me any squirrelled Buddhism info!

"squirrelled Buddhism " . . . .

BardoThodol

Snippet of One Golden Dawn community's workings as illustrated by someone helping his neophytes.

Image33.gif

GUNAS PRINCIPAL
http://www.censorthis.com/ouran/GD72.html

[video=youtube;0DckWHJ9TcY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DckWHJ9TcY&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

I posit that Scientology's roots and Ron Hubbard's interest in magick and BTs came from Rosicrucian influence. Did you know that they scout out the angels behind any manifestation and seek to use these spirits to cause effects in accordance with their goal of the spiritual alchemy, the raising all the parts of man back to the ONE.

Reminds me somewhat of a GPM line plot.