What's new

Bugs in the Brain

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Without seeming to support the pseudo-science inherent in the concept <g> the point of the 'zapper' seems to be to generate a 'frequency' or pulsed voltage, which, in the case of 'tapping' is just the most primiitve method.

Since we're just talking 9 volts, all you need to make a better one yourself is a variable resistor, a capacitor and some wire.

Here's an example:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/Electronic/relaxo.html#c2

Go to the library and look for any circuit diagram for a 'blinker' circuit. You should be able to vary the frequency with the variable resistor. Naturally, if you want some *specific* frequency, things get more complicated :)

Zinj

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Without seeming to support the pseudo-science inherent in the concept <g> the point of the 'zapper' seems to be to generate a 'frequency' or pulsed voltage, which, in the case of 'tapping' is just the most primiitve method.

Since we're just talking 9 volts, all you need to make a better one yourself is a variable resistor, a capacitor and some wire.

She gives a complete circuit diagram in the book I referenced, along with Radio Shack part numbers.

She is adamant about things that do and don't work with regard to zapper circuits: some work and others might make the bugs stronger. :)

Just any old make-and-break circuit doesn't work. Since we don't really know the mechanism behind its workability, it's kinda hard to improve on it without doing a bunch of empirical research.

If its "workability" is in doubt, that's fine, I'm not particularly trying to convince anyone.

Paul

Zinjifar

She gives a complete circuit diagram in the book I referenced, along with Radio Shack part numbers.

She is adamant about things that do and don't work with regard to zapper circuits: some work and others might make the bugs stronger. :)

Just any old make-and-break circuit doesn't work. Since we don't really know the mechanism behind its workability, it's kinda hard to improve on it without doing a bunch of empirical research.

If its "workability" is in doubt, that's fine, I'm not particularly trying to convince anyone.

Paul

Well, I'm just saying that *any* basic blinker circuit would be superior to 'tapping' for creating a pulsed voltage, from once every few seconds to hundreds of times a second, but, I'm not even qualified to recommend variations in OCD rituals, much less anti-parasite frequencies :)

Zinj

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
http://www2.nau.edu/%7Ebah/BIO471/Reader/Sapolsky_2003.pdf

Back in 1994/5, I built and used a "zapper", as described by Hulda Clark. One of the most profound changes I noticed was in my mental attitude to things. Seven minutes into my first zap I was walking around in the twenty-minute lull before the next "session" and I was amazed at how quiet and calm it seemed in my head. I later told several people the feeling was very similar to the one I had when I attested Clear in 1978. (I heard later that remark almost got me declared.)

On other occasions I noticed that my usual resentment at being told off or given orders completely disappeared every time I zapped, and gradually returned over the next week or so.

Since the zapper suppposedly kills bugs (viruses, bacteria, worms etc.) in the body, I simply assumed that some of these bugs had been chomping around in my brain, some effects of which were various attitudes, and killing them removed these added attitudes. I didn't recall Hulda Clark saying much (if anything) about these mental changes, but what I experienced was what I experienced, and I didn't particularly care if anyone else went along with that theory or not. The zapping also fixes my arthritis twinges and other such things, and again, I don't particularly care if someone thinks that is impossible. It works for me. :)

Today I came across the referenced article, about the exact phenomenon of bugs in the brain hijacking some of the normal neural processes. I smiled.

I still use a zapper every couple of weeks, and have done so since I first started except for the six months I was on the RPF and couldn't.

Your turn Mick. :)

Paul

actually Paul I like you too much to go picking on you every time you say embrace something I consider ridiculous. Part of my New Years Resolutions was to live and let live.

I will not promise not to laugh though.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
actually Paul I like you too much to go picking on you every time you say embrace something I consider ridiculous. Part of my New Years Resolutions was to live and let live.

I will not promise not to laugh though.

But I like you picking on what I say, Mick, both you and Zinj. Because just as you think some of what I say is twaddle, I think some of what you say is twaddle.

It's real dull here if there aren't contrary views on things.

Especially dumb ones. :)

Paul

Zinjifar

But I like you picking on what I say, Mick, both you and Zinj. Because just as you think some of what I say is twaddle, I think some of what you say is twaddle.

Paul

Here's hoping that my twaddle includes actual 'workable' suggestions for rube-goldbergianizing the unicorn in the closet; even if I don't believe in unicorns :)

I do try (sometimes) to take paradigms at their own measure and work with them. In fact, it's one of the more interesting things to do with Hubbardism, since it isn't even *internally* consistent.

Zinj

Romuva

Patron Meritorious
Still I admire Paul's cost-effective alternatives.

Free Scientology=Not worth spending any money on.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

Paul

But the trouble is, Paul, that arguing back and forth where neither party is there to learn, is worthless. I enjoy a good fight - probably too much. I have realized that if I get into an argument where I am merely trying to beat down the opposing view, I am not arguing, just bullying.

I respect you too much to just go off on every idea you post about. Even if I disagree with almost everything you post about. Plus - I don't have that much time. :)