ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

BURNING DOWN HELL

Discussion in 'Scientology Technology' started by mockingbird, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

What's really scary is I had Louisiana hot links with chili for dinner. Excuse me, I feel a spiritual moment coming on. :unsure:

2. sallydannce

sallydannce Gold Meritorious Patron

Please be kind as I attempt to raise my "American culture" literacy level...

Wtf are Louisiana hot links? Yeah, yeah google is my friend but I'm busy here grooving out to SRV and, well, can't someone just tell me instead me having to look it up? I used to belong to a cult and we used to have to look everything up in antiquated dictionaries and then use funny little bits and bobs to demonstrate the definitions and I used to use my lipsticks and make-up to do demo's when I didn't have a demo kit handy which is kinda of pathetic but that's how the story went, back then. Whoa what a sentence! :ohmy:

Anyway where was I...oh yeah, would you be so kind as to tell me what Louisiana hot links are?

3. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

Seems lke the uptight long form reduced to loosely stitched short form.:wink2:

4. sallydannce

I told ya tea was the great universal solvent didn't I? Okay so some people squirreled things and got stuck into the coffee, and some hot [STRIKE]source[/STRIKE] sauce, same effect. :)

5. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

They are a thicker hot and spicy type of hotdog. More like a sausage. A good Hefe Weizen, Guinness, or other beer of choice goes well with them.

[​IMG]

6. Claire Swazey

Claire Swazey Spokeshole, fence sitter

Yummy, that's what.

7. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

It's really hard to read anything from the chandelier, much less find the right finger to hit the right key on a computer keyboard. I sympathize.

Lol you're :buzzin:!

Louisiana hot links are sausages laced with hot capsicum throughout. Yum!

Not quite up to "BURNING DOWN HELL" standards, but you can sure get a general feel for the burning part. :biggrin:

YUMMM!!

8. sallydannce

Thank you. Out here we call that a sausage. And no silly jokes ya hear.

Why is everything re-named in your culture? So confusing. :)

9. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Over here, we call them bangers and eat them with mash.

There would also be a chook or two on the barbie. :biggrin:

10. sallydannce

There ya go - sausage! Yeah! With hot capsicum you say? Nice!

Yeah I got a little buzz going on here, for sure. There is nothing quite like a most excellent brainstorming session, sipping coffee, sitting in a room over-looking a tranquil river. Ideas fly, doors open. :)

11. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Gotta run, guys. Don't burn down hell without me, ya here?

:run:

12. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

Why do you call chickens chooks?

13. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

I promise to save you a book of matches with a word of warning before we do. Take care!

14. Claire Swazey

Hot links and chili...yum. I bet the chili was spicey, too.

15. sallydannce

Oh ya gotta love that word "chook". :yes:

Onomatopoeia.

Chook, chook, chook. For the ESMB archival records: we had chooks when I was growing up so I know what chooks sound like. :p

16. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Why were skinny sausages named hot dogs? :confused2:

So many mysteries. Life is so short.

Bye now. :wave:

17. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

Because hot dogs are not sausages.

Sausage is completely different, except shape.

18. sallydannce

Without in-depth research my best guess is that it is onomatopoeia. I am incapable of doing "proper" research given the current relatively high levels of caffeine in my blood.

Or it could be the word "chicken" was harder to spell than "chook". :)

19. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

I guess the sound they make could sound like chook, chook, chook.

20. Claire Swazey

In 1884 vendors were accused of using dog meat in them. So then a slang expression developed.