What's new

BURNING DOWN HELL

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Prosecco
What about YOU? It would be brilliant to find out more about your story.

Okay , talking about my story is not where I wanted to go but if it persuades you to listen , ( that is a call back to Gib's thread on rhetoric http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...ric-Hubbard-dianetics-sicientology&p=1008246# )

Here is a post from my blog on me . I am really ready to get back to what I came here for .:coolwink:
Mockingbird's Nest The Sour Knight
http://mbnest.blogspot.com/2015/02/the-following-ideas-are-going-to-be-put.html

JustSheila

Crusader
Okay, MB, I went to those links. There are a few statements and a few hints, and if that is all you are comfortable to tell, that's fine.

May I run something by you to ensure I haven't misunderstood something you wrote?

When most people leave Scn, they go back to who they were before they joined.

This is not possible for everyone. Those who grew up in it, or those who joined at a young age, or those who were already confused about their character did not have an established, successful and solid adult personality pre-Scn.

It seems to me you are in a character-building process for yourself (besides taking apart Scn). Does that sound about right or did I completely miss the boat?

x x

Sheila

prosecco

Patron Meritorious
Okay, MB, I went to those links. There are a few statements and a few hints, and if that is all you are comfortable to tell, that's fine.

May I run something by you to ensure I haven't misunderstood something you wrote?

When most people leave Scn, they go back to who they were before they joined.

This is not possible for everyone. Those who grew up in it, or those who joined at a young age, or those who were already confused about their character did not have an established, successful and solid adult personality pre-Scn.

It seems to me you are in a character-building process for yourself (besides taking apart Scn). Does that sound about right or did I completely miss the boat?

x x

Sheila

Yes, agree but there's also the point that one stops developing when faced with trauma. For instance, growing up in scientology or one's formative years in the cult, could result in arrested development perhaps explaining why the learning curve can be so extreme for some exiting. I am amazed at some ex scientologists whose behaviour is actually quite juvenile. It's as if they don't have any social skills, but then overly polite covering up a multitude of sins by saying, 'thank you' all the time.

But I also know several who matured out of their former selves, and are doing really well.

mockingbird

Justsheila -

Grumble , grumble . Okay if anyone wants more I put up another post that will require looking at TV Tropes to decipher as it uses terms from that site .

Here is Even More on Me . http://mbnest.blogspot.com/

So it is there if you want to put in the time . I will warn you we are getting into darker material than a Million Years in Hell if we proceed much more . That thread had one murder the cult has responsibility for . That was the G rated version of a XXX rated story - for violence and trauma and mind control .

mockingbird

prosecco
Yes, agree but there's also the point that one stops developing when faced with trauma. For instance, growing up in Scientology or one's formative years in the cult, could result in arrested development perhaps explaining why the learning curve can be so extreme for some exiting. I am amazed at some ex Scientologists whose behaviour is actually quite juvenile. It's as if they don't have any social skills, but then overly polite covering up a multitude of sins by saying, 'thank you' all the time.

But I also know several who matured out of their former selves, and are doing really well.

I have to unfortunately agree to a very strong degree as I found cult literature from prominent experts who concur as well as experts in substance abuse who both claim certain experiences prevent the normal process from maturing emotionally can be damaged in situations with extreme trauma . I was born in 1971 and I had situations with extreme trauma from about 1977 or so until 2014 off and on so - I hope I am past six years old emotionally .:duh:

Seriously, I have in studying what has occurred realized that I have from six years old on never had - outside my family with my wife and kids - normal or healthy sustained family or group relationships . Those are the cards I have to play so I have no other option but to try and make the future better than the past .

I have a less than ideal starting point but some extraordinarily great people in my life , so I have it better than some worse than others .

mockingbird

On OT3, past life implants..The obscene dawg
"The material universe is very real, but any hypnotist can instruct a hypnotized subject into the construction of a universe which has tactile, sight, sound and any other manifestation possessed by the material universe, and who is to say then, that the hypnotized subject is not perceiving a universe?" Ron Hubbard

"There are conditions worse than being unable to see, and that is imagining one sees." Ron Hubbard
Lecture, Scientology and Effective Knowledge (15 July 1957).

Cleared Theta Clear
Beyond even the powerful Operating Thetan levels comes "Cleared Theta Clear," a state which Hubbard describes this way:
"A thetan who is completely rehabilitated and can do everything a thetan should do, such as move MEST and control others from a distance, or create his own universe; a person who is able to create his own universe or, living in the MEST universe is able to create illusions perceivable by others at will, to handle MEST universe objects without mechanical means and to have and feel no need of bodies or even the MEST universe to keep himself and his friends interested in existence."
— Ron Hubbard, Scientology 8-8008, p. 114 (1st ed), p. 151 (1990 ed.)

Something that took me a long time to put together is that the cleared theta clear includes "or, living in the MEST universe is able to create illusions perceivable by others at will" and that Hubbard saw hypnosis as being useful for getting someone to construct a universe that they perceive as real, as agreed upon so Hubbard could use the imagination of a victim to get the victim to see a universe that doesn't exist. Scientology is Hubbard's effort to enslave people by controlling their minds so they see a reality that doesn't exist, a reality he controlled.

Here are some quotes from the Philadelphia Doctorate Course lectures from 1952 which reveal even more.

RON THE HYPNOTIST

Originally Posted by PDC-04 pg6
HOW TO HANDLE THEM
The hypnotist is only interested in one thing, really.
The hypnotist is interested in taking the control of this individual.

Originally Posted by PDC-05 pg 7 SCALES OF HANDLING 2.12.52

"Well, that’s… that’s very interesting because we have hypnotism which can be demonstrated as a phenomenon,
and we show that the greater and greater agreement,
all you do to hypnotize somebody is just make him agree… agree… agree
and after that he’ll see anything.
He’ll do anything,
he’ll see anything.
He agrees, agrees, agrees." Ron Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by 8-8008-1952
pg47
Faith – Distrust

"There is no more over-rated quality in existence than faith.
The subject who, under the hands of a hypnotist operator, conceives an enormous agreement with the hypnotist, is experiencing faith as it is commonly understood. In this state the subject can perceive anything which the hypnotist may direct. I

In order to understand faith, one must,be able to differentiate between faith-in [trust] and faith. The difference between these two conditions is a direction of flow which earlier we found to be reality itself. Faith-in is an inflow of agreement and the placing of one's beingness and doingness under the control of another, and is, in other words, the sacrifice of one's universe.

This is the basic mechanism wherein, all along the 'whole' track, thetans have been recruited in some cause or mystery, and have surrendered to this their own identity and ability.

A little of this goes a very long distance. It is in essence the basic trick of hypnotism and by it one can convert and reduce the abilities of a subject for any purpose.

Faith-in is an inflow and brings about the acceptance of reality other than one's own. Faith itself would be without flow where one was in a full state of beingness and, with this condition, one could occasion faith itself to occur within his own universe, or could occasion people to have faith in him. " Ron Hubbard

RON THE HYPNOTIST
Structure/Function: 11 December 1952 page 1
again from the Philadelphia Doctorate Course

"All processes are based upon the original observation
that an individual could have implanted in him by hypnosis
and removed at will any obsession or aberration,
compulsion, desire, inhibition which you could think of – by hypnosis.“
"Hypnosis, then, was the wild variable;
sometimes it worked,
sometimes it didn’t work.
It worked on some people; it didn’t work on other people.
Any time you have a variable that is as wild as this, study it.
Well, I had a high certainty already –
I had survival. Got that in 1938 or before that. And uh…" Ron Hubbard