What's new

Byrnes

poppy

Patron
Hello everyone!:happydance:

Just wondering if anyone knows what happened to Jessica and Larry Byrnes? I was friends with Jessica's daughter Melissa Piccone (I think she married someone Brown??). I would love to hear from anyone who knows what they're doing now. I hope they are out!

British Mom

Patron with Honors
Hi,

I was friends with Jessica, but some years ago, when she lived in East Grinstead, I really liked her. My daughter was friends with Melissa. She stayed with them in USA, but that was years ago.

Last I heard was that they all joined the SO. I do hope they are out, if you find out, please let me know. Sorry, cant help anymore.

Best wishes, Suz

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Just wondering if anyone knows what happened to Jessica and Larry Byrnes? I was friends with Jessica's daughter Melissa Piccone (I think she married someone Brown??). I would love to hear from anyone who knows what they're doing now. I hope they are out!

She did marry someone named Brown, but I forget who exactly. She's on my HGB 1994 staff list as Melissa Brown. I remember her.

Paul

poppy

Patron
Hi,

I was friends with Jessica, but some years ago, when she lived in East Grinstead, I really liked her. My daughter was friends with Melissa. She stayed with them in USA, but that was years ago.

Last I heard was that they all joined the SO. I do hope they are out, if you find out, please let me know. Sorry, cant help anymore.

Best wishes, Suz

Hi Mum! :happydance:

feline

Patron Meritorious

I have Larry Byrnes (no mention of his wife or daughter) at Int. That information is about a year old and originated from BlownForGood- considered to be a reputable source. I'll keep looking for Jessica and Melissa.

poppy

Patron
I have Larry Byrnes (no mention of his wife or daughter) at Int. That information is about a year old and originated from BlownForGood- considered to be a reputable source. I'll keep looking for Jessica and Melissa.

Thank you Margaret! I seem remember that Jessica had to take a LOA about17 years ago to deal with a custody despute over her son. Don't know what happened or if she went back in but I'm pretty sure that if given an ultimatum she would have chosen her son over the SO. I have very fond memories of the time I spent with Jessica and Melissa.

feline

Patron Meritorious
Glad I could help, Poppy. I have been maintaining a database of people by last known location. I only have about 4000 entries but the number grows every day. Figured it would be handy to have and it turns out I was right.

Little Bear Victor

Silver Meritorious Patron
I remember Melissa Piccone and Larry Byrnes. Melissa was at ABLE or WISE. Larry was highly qualified and desirable person for executive posting as he had actual seaman experience. I believe he was even a sea captain of sorts, which would have made him the highest right-arm-ranking (actual seamanship-skills ranks) officer in the SO. Besides, he was wealthy.

Larry was briefly at ABLE Int and then at Int, as WDC ABLE. This was 1991-1993 -- he got enough of it pretty fast. Last I heard of him was that he and his whole family had left the SO; this was within a year of him arriving to Int, around 1993. I got the idea he had found the place unprofessional, but he was black PR'd as having been nattery and wanting to do things his own way.

Be that as it may, he hasn't been to Int in almost 15 years, and since I never heard of him again, I would assume he never went back to the SO. (I would check that BFG list again to see if it wasn't an EX-Int Base list. Larry certainly hasn't been there for a long time.)

feline

Patron Meritorious
I remember Melissa Piccone and Larry Byrnes. Melissa was at ABLE or WISE. Larry was highly qualified and desirable person for executive posting as he had actual seaman experience. I believe he was even a sea captain of sorts, which would have made him the highest right-arm-ranking (actual seamanship-skills ranks) officer in the SO. Besides, he was wealthy.

Larry was briefly at ABLE Int and then at Int, as WDC ABLE. This was 1991-1993 -- he got enough of it pretty fast. Last I heard of him was that he and his whole family had left the SO; this was within a year of him arriving to Int, around 1993. I got the idea he had found the place unprofessional, but he was black PR'd as having been nattery and wanting to do things his own way.

Be that as it may, he hasn't been to Int in almost 15 years, and since I never heard of him again, I would assume he never went back to the SO. (I would check that BFG list again to see if it wasn't an EX-Int Base list. Larry certainly hasn't been there for a long time.)

Thanks for that LBV. I am in an odd place with the data set- I still have all the spreadsheets but I am loading and doing re-checks to validate. And in the midst of that task, Excel decided to go retarded so I had to load OO.o and convert the formats. I didn't realize that my source was corrupt until I looked at it again based on your comments. Fortunately, I have a back-up and now my back-up has a back-up.

You are absolutely correct. I have put Larry where he belongs. Thank you!

Little Bear Victor

She was CMO IXU. Did she move? But didn't she marry the guy who was CO WISE WUS? Dan (?) Brown?

Paul

As I recall, she first arrived at ABLE Int and was the receptionist. I think you're right, she went to CMO IXU pretty fast, as she was slated to go to Int. I don't remember if she ever arrived there, but if she did, it was for a very short period.

poppy

Patron
Thanks everyone for the info on Melissa Piccone and the Byrnes family. If anyone else sees this and knows what they're all up to now I would love to hear. I wonder if they went back to New Hampshire?

OHTEEATE

I saw Larry and Jessica last in 2005 at Flag. They worked with us extensively as VMs after the hurricanes in Florida in 2004. I have no data on current whereabouts.

anonkatie

Patron with Honors
Someone claiming to be Larry Byrnes OTVIII is posting in the latest SP Times article comments.

He is using the name "ceocomp" and claiming to be out of Clearwater. Guy sounds really moonbat and doesn't listen to reason. Someone want to go over there who knows him and try to have an intelligent confab with him?

The comments to the article are overrun - there's him and about 4 others posting on behalf of the CoS.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...oners-keep-faith-but-leave-the-church/1062092