What's new

CADA Attn. FZers and Indies

CADA–Attention FZer’s and ludy’s

The great granddaddy of all “squirrel groups” it was formed, like ARCBA, the year DMSMH was published. ARCBA was very hip. It formed when Ron lectured in Oakland that summer and never went squirrel and it was still very much alive when i began training in ’71. Many of its people like Bill Steiner and Jack Spears fell in with Rick Melrose when he forged the San Francisco org in 1968 and one of its members, I forget his name, taught me all I needed to know to see my pal Billy Martin through terminal cancer.
But CADA separated and has generated a unique history. Jack Horner and Alan Water were both hotshot scientologists who led teacher dominated groups, Horner with his Dianology/Eductivism in LA and Alan at the Texas ranch. Most “squirrel” groups form when an “alpha male” gets into Scientopoly gets his ego swollen and his charisma supercharged. He gets a few people in, usually half of them his three night stands and people from their circles. He racks up power stats in the academy, joins staff, does a coupla thousand WDAH’s, goes into The Academy and masters course supervision, becomes Tech Sec or HAS and does the FEBC (or runs some comparable track) and he’s just fine so long as he’s learning and once he’s topped off his tank on learning he’s not just fine for long . . .
Ron was no dummy. He saw how squirrel groups happened and started The Sea Org. The Sea Org claims the motto “We Come Back” but its real motto is “Grab The Hotshots And Bust Their Thumbs.” Want to know why none of the CIV orgs are prospering? Because if anyone shows up in a CIV Academy and shows an aptitude for auditing they get suckered into a staff contract and get sent to Clearwater for “much better auditor training than you can get here” and get stuffed in The Meatgrinder. So far as i know EVERY squirrel group that had the least success was started by pre-Sea Org people including the AAC’s and FZ. Both Mayo and CBR got a big whiff of dianetics before its Waffen SS was formed. And CBR was the perfect looneytune to be charged with the task of screwing up the fallout from the demolition derby after LRH bagged it (look at what the sonofabitch did to Mystic f’crissakes). DM appears to have become incompetent but the story of his power play was choreographed by Machiarrel. “Let the fur fly.” “Shoot first and ask questions later.” He handed out Declares like party favors, consolidated power with a hand picked group of henchmen, Wilhere, McShane (sp?) Rinder etc. (The Iron Law of Oligarchy) got the thing by the neck, declared an amnesty, shitcanned the Declares on the able and experienced ones willing to play ball with him and let CBR mangle the dregs. Textbook. Then he stuck the former declares in the open slots, slopped his hogs with the leftover power the dregs left behind, launched the massive book campaign that played the “well-he’s-dead-now-so-let’s-have-a-look” crowd for all it was worth and has done nothing but screw the pooch ever since.
His one single success has been his reign of terror. Dianetics was a grassroots movement in 1950. It was still a grassroots movement when I took the Comm Course in 1971. It is a grassroots movement today. It will always be a grassroots movement. “No one owns dianetics,” it is a word. It is well defined in The American Heritage Dictionary and no one owns America either for America too was is and will always be a grassroots movement. However near the end of the first decade of The Twenty First Century the grassroots movement which is dianetics began to slip through the shackles of fear woven by DM and his OSA henchmen . . .

Part Two
Most of you are well familiar with Francis Ford Coppola’s trilogy starring the young Al Pacino as Michael Corleone. Most of you who have not smoked too much pot can recall Michael’s execution of his brother Fredo. Fredo’s loose tongue in Havana revealed his treachery to Michael who soon delivers il bocce di mori. But he does not kill him immediately for their mother still lives. Before the first blades of grass sprout on her grave she and Sonny are reunited with Fredo.
I know A. E. Van Vogt was still President of CADA in the early Nineties. I know OSA made a big push against CADA firing a salvo of about 125 torpedoes on it. And I know Hubbard and Van Vogt were siblings in Campbell’s family. I don’t know when Van Vogt died. I don’t know when CoS sent in les agents provacateurs, but I presume it was, pro forma, shortly thereafter. CoS managed to wreak some havoc on CADA but over a hundred gooks were flushed out.
I have not gotten to the main body of this piece of writing but this is a good place to rest and let esmbers chirp in.
So . . .
What can we tell ourselves about CADA?