What's new

California 10-year-old girl named Quinn Bennett gives $100,000 to Scientology

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
California 10-year-old girl named Quinn Bennett gives $100,000 to Scientology.

Tony Ortega - This is Scientology today: California 10-year-old celebrated for donating $100,000
http://tonyortega.org/2014/02/12/th...ld-celebrated-for-donating-100000/#more-13227

Excerpts:
Yesterday, former Scientology spokesman Mike Rinder posted a stunning new flier at his blog.
Once you’ve donated $100,000 to the cause, for example, Scientology names you a “humanitarian.”

As the flier Rinder posted indicates, the newest “humanitarian” in the push to raise money for the Silicon Valley Ideal Org is a 10 year old girl named Quinn Bennett…

GoodBadIdeal.jpg
When he posted the flier on his blog yesterday, Rinder didn’t realize how much money the girl had donated. Only later did a commenter point out to him that the “humanitarian” moniker requires a donation of at least 100 grand. Rinder says he’s still stunned.

Mike Rinder's original post: The Good, The Bad, The Really Ugly
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/the-good-the-bad-the-really-ugly/

Some relevant comments from Mike's blog.

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/the-good-the-bad-the-really-ugly/#comment-35047
anonymous555 says

February 11, 2014 at 1:00 pm

I know that family; she would stand up at events and reg the money from the crowd bit by bit over a lot of events. She was essentially a mascot that a lot of public rallied behind. It wasn’t money she or her family had already. Still really weird to use her that way though.
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/the-good-the-bad-the-really-ugly/#comment-35092
anonymous555 says

February 11, 2014 at 8:47 pm

The family isn’t rich at all. She basically asked a bunch of other church members to donate in her name till she got to 100K eventually over the course of a lot of events. They did it for the awww factor and so that the church could say to adults, “This little girl drummed up 100K, why can’t you?” (Source: I was there.)

anonymous555 says

The family isn’t rich at all. She basically asked a bunch of other church members to donate in her name till she got to 100K eventually over the course of a lot of events. They did it for the awww factor and so that the church could say to adults, “This little girl drummed up 100K, why can’t you?” (Source: I was there.)

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is DISGUSTING! Those parents (or guardians) as well as the regges and anyone else involved, should be ashamed of themselves! To use a little girl to forward their money-making schemes. Disgusting is even too mild a word. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
True, this is ugly.

But not anywhere nearly as ugly as they have proven-for-a-fact to routinely behave towards pretty much all.

Bat shit crazy is so mild in describing this particular little cult.

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
I'm sure the parents are so proud of their little theta child. One can see the expansive viewpoint this child had and the evident spirituality in such generosity from a child. The parents are, obvious to us, misguided, but they don't think so.
They think only of the heroic action of their child and how theta that is. :duh: Just think what she could have done for the Girl Scouts selling cookies! Unfortunately, they will ride this wave of PR, which will keep them in the cult lime-light a bit longer than they would've stayed without this. Hopefully, the parents will soon, 'cognite' their way out of the cult. Meanwhile, their daughter is a child-star. Ugh!

Gib

Crusader
I'm sure the parents are so proud of their little theta child. One can see the expansive viewpoint this child had and the evident spirituality in such generosity from a child. The parents are, obvious to us, misguided, but they don't think so.
They think only of the heroic action of their child and how theta that is. :duh: Just think what she could have done for the Girl Scouts selling cookies! Unfortunately, they will ride this wave of PR, which will keep them in the cult lime-light a bit longer than they would've stayed without this. Hopefully, the parents will soon, 'cognite' their way out of the cult. Meanwhile, their daughter is a child-star. Ugh!

Unfortunately the child has become a "shill" and doesn't even know it, as well as the parents. and we all did as well.

It's a PR world, which is what is Keeping Scientology [STRIKE]Working[/STRIKE] scamming.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Me too only can tell it's ugly and disgusting
:confused2:

Don't they listen to the news ???? (given they don't read internet entheta) :duh:

Arthur Dent

Me too only can tell it's ugly and disgusting
:confused2:

Don't they listen to the news ???? (given they don't read internet entheta) :duh:

No! They don't. They'd shut it off in a heartbeat because listening would cost them... umm. $8,000/per 12.5 hours of interrogation if they were exposed to the truth... although I heard there's a sale, so maybe $5,000/per. It's much better if truth from the outside is not absorbed and scios have this invisible barrier around them that prevents news from getting in! :duh: They will go to great lengths to not be exposed to 'poisonous' truth!

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Okay - time to apply the tech!:coolwink: Here is a little quiz on LRH technology (that will rid the world of insanity and criminality ...:whistling:)

What tone level is this Ideal Org?

Clue: "Uses children for strange purposes" Science of Survival - LRH

Sindy

Crusader

Based on the comment above, from someone who was there, apparently, I don't see where generosity comes into play. Per the comment above, the industrious little one figured out how to become a Humanitarian without doing or paying anything. Well, kudos to her (I guess :ohmy:). She then gets put into the spotlight and lavished with praise for something she didn't actually do. That's the typical Scientology BS. What kind of lesson is that? It's teaching her to be a scam artist like the rest. That's the disgusting part.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Based on the comment above, from someone who was there, apparently, I don't see where generosity comes into play. Per the comment above, the industrious little one figured out how to become a Humanitarian without doing or paying anything. Well, kudos to her (I guess :ohmy:). She then gets put into the spotlight and lavished with praise for something she didn't actually do. That's the typical Scientology BS. What kind of lesson is that? It's teaching her to be a scam artist like the rest. That's the disgusting part.
Basically, she was acting as a Reg.

Wonder if she received commission?

In any event, it was great training for her future as a Reg.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
anonymous555 says

anonymous555 says

This rings true. No way could a 10 year old make 100,000 by herself. If she did, it would be a story far bigger than her donation. So if it was her money, why is the success story of how she made it omitted?

Here is the sad part: In another few years, she is not going to be a cute girl anymore, she's gonna be a reg and people will not go aww, they will duck her calls.

secretiveoldfag

Woll Smoth has been doing the same thing for the cult for years.

Child abuse, that's all it is. Scientologists are the experts.

Jump

Operating teatime
Woll Smoth has been doing the same thing for the cult for years.

Child abuse, that's all it is. Scientologists are the experts.

David Miscavige will be pleased that his legal defence funds will hold out for a further few weeks thanks to Quinn Bennett, Humanitarian.

:duh:

Reasonable

First of all she isn't a self made doner. She regged others. She is a reg.

But how Scientology spins it to act as if she earned the money and donated it.

The good thing is that the cult did not at least steal her money.

The one good thing is that this girl learned how to sell, this can come in handy throughout life.

Jump

Operating teatime

The one good thing is that this girl learned how to sell, this can come in handy throughout life.

And DM got another hundred gee's - which will come in handy in his life.

Learned how to sell through misrepresentation. Learned how to scam.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Quinn (4th grade) and her brother, Rowan, are students at the Delphian School in Sheridan, OR, where they recently celebrated "Snow Day".

"This special day was on Saturday, and the activity was given quite a boost when the entire hill was covered in about 10 inches of snow! Students made snow angels, igloos, snowmen, and anything else you can imagine! They had a blast playing in the snow with all their friends. Sledding was also a very popular activity."

[video=youtube;YjaSEqFvxJ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjaSEqFvxJ4[/video]

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152247491247437.1073741879.69536482436&type=1 (Photos)

Quinn's mother, Kaellagh Bennett, teaches at Delphian. Her father owns a company in Portland, OR.

Last edited:
Quinn's mother, Kaellagh Bennett, teaches at Delphian. Her father owns a company in Portland, OR.

You sure about the dad? Pretty sure he works at delphi, too. Haven't spoken to either in 7 or 8 years, so I could be wrong, but if the kids were there for the snow day, it means they most likely live on campus, because the road up to the school would be inaccessible with that much snow. And if they live on campus, both parents have to work there. Unless things have changed.

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
Quinn (4th grade) and her brother, Rowan, are students at the Delphian School in Sheridan, OR, where they recently celebrated "Snow Day".

"This special day was on Saturday, and the activity was given quite a boost when the entire hill was covered in about 10 inches of snow! Students made snow angels, igloos, snowmen, and anything else you can imagine! They had a blast playing in the snow with all their friends. Sledding was also a very popular activity."

[video=youtube;YjaSEqFvxJ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjaSEqFvxJ4[/video]

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152247491247437.1073741879.69536482436&type=1 (Photos)

They just DON'T get it! Is a "snow day", or kids playing in the snow, something so out of the norm for them? Isn't this what kids do all the time in the snow? The fact that they go out of their way to showcase such a day tells me this was a VERY special day and a huge treat for these kids. That's very bothersome to me.

And wondering from the outside, about this young girl who raised the $100,000---is she an EMPLOYEE of the cult? Isn't she rather young? But they insist they don't have children working for the cult, correct? So then, if she's not an employee, this reeks to me of swindling this young girl out of her college fund or something similar. Sometimes my brain gets so pissed off & twisted with crap like this I have a hard time putting it into words.... UGH! :angry::duh::omg: