What's new

Can Ex members that were top ranking in Scientology discuss their pay?

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi everyone! Welcome Lurker's and Fuck you OSA, of course.:wink2:

Heh - a bunch of us ex Scientologist's were discussing the Sea Org pay close to the top of the pyramid cult.

We were wondering what the pay was for the top ranking officials of Scientology.

Can and will anyone discuss their pay?

I know Debbie Cook was driving a BMW after she regged the crap out of Maria Pia Gardini and Dave Foster slapped Maria ....an ecclesiastical slap at that....:whistling:Read Maria Pia Gardini's Story if you have not read it....and listen to her. It is sad.

https://youtu.be/k3tIiv2Ke5s

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...i1.htm&usg=AFQjCNHRBy5GBNXTRhDXoaf-zYfzPgtSnQ

Please - don't feel bad if you made a lot of money....it does not matter at this point - you are OUT!
So many are suppressing Scientology daily too ...and doing a fine job at that.

Besides that - Scientology was rigged that way and no one blames anyone for taking money when they were at the top. Who wouldn't really?

We were wondering why people like Mike and Marty were able to start over. I think they said they had inheritance money...but lower level members are forced and bamboozled out of any inheritance ....it is regged out immediately. Is this true?

Also - David Miscavige claims he gave his father $100,000 (this is listed on the Ron Miscavige hate site) for a new home and that he used his whole inheritance to give to his Dad. He also paid his insurance for years. While he was on the Base - David MIscavige bought him a new casr. (talk about enurement)

Will any of you talk about it and if not, talk about why not?

The lower level Sea Org and Staff are broke when they leave...

At what point or level do the high ranking Officials stop getting paid or only paid $50 per week like the low level slaves?

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader

Heh - a bunch of us ex Scientologist's were discussing the Sea Org pay close to the top of the pyramid cult.

We were wondering what the pay was for the top ranking officials of Scientology.

I know Debbie Cook was driving a BMW after she regged the crap out of Maria Pia Gardini and Dave Foster slapped Maria ....an ecclesiastical slap at that....:whistling:Read Maria Pia Gardini's Story if you have not read it....and listen to her. It is sad.

https://youtu.be/k3tIiv2Ke5s

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...i1.htm&usg=AFQjCNHRBy5GBNXTRhDXoaf-zYfzPgtSnQ

Please - don't feel bad if you made a lot of money....it does not matter at this point - you are OUT!
So many are suppressing Scientology daily too ...and doing a fine job at that.

Besides that - Scientology was rigged that way and no one blames anyone for taking money when they were at the top. Who wouldn't really?

We were wondering why people like Mike and Marty were able to start over. I think they said they had inheritance money...but lower level members are forced and bamboozled out of any inheritance ....it is regged out immediately. Is this true?

Also - David Miscavige claims he gave his father $100,000 (this is listed on the Ron Miscavige hate site) for a new home and that he used his whole inheritance to give to his Dad. He also paid his insurance for years. While he was on the Base - David MIscavige bought him a new casr. (talk about enurement)

Will any of you talk about it and if not, talk about why not?

The lower level Sea Org and Staff are broke when they leave...

At what point or level do the high ranking Officials stop getting paid or only paid $50 per week like the low level slaves?

Probably when they rake in a millionaire? "Yee-haw, we gots another one, here's yer 10%" type of shite.

As to the point I bolded ... Looking to the deaths created and all the info available, if yer broke and mentally broken nothing could be finer than dropping yer body. Bunch of fvcking fuckers imho.
As far as I have ever seen, it doesn't really matter how far 'up the bridge' you get, if you run out of money to 'donater', yer pretty much toast, and if they (cult) can convince you that you are now a useless piece of crap, time to 'go exterior' blah-blah-blah... *sigh*

"For purity's sake, please give all you haz to our noble cause..." Dirty, filthy, useless money... :eyeroll:

sheesh.

Martin-O

Patron

[...]

I was told once (during the early 1990s) that the top Div 2 regges at the FSO made about $ 2,000 a month. Despite that monstrous income regges such as Paul Miller managed to be broke so that they had to steal food from the "Hourglass" café.

BTW, the low level slaves of the FSO were only paid $ 30 a week at that time.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I once managed to get a look at the FSO payroll printout in the early 1980's. The FSO bookstore officer made on the order of a thousand dollars. I don't recall the exact figure, but I very clearly recall being very upset over the disparity of incomes. Mere executives didn't make a fraction of what top-producing sales people did, which tells you all you need to know about LRH's priorities.

I recall there being an HCOPL which said that regges made a percentage of money they regged. Maybe 2-3%. For an FSO reg, that's a very tidy amount.

I have the OEC volumes still stashed somewhere, I should look it up.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
SO reges only get $50 (or less) per week pay, or the same as other SO members in their orgs (except it's officially called 'allowance' or some other bullshit term to fit in with whatever the current fiction is regarding staff employment. SO members call it "pay" when talking to each other, though). However, reges/bookstore officers/execs-acting-as-reges may also collect weekly bonuses and/or commissions of various kinds which boost the total to these ridiculous levels. Execs like Debbie Cook also only received $50 (or whatever) pay. In the 70s I recall tech bonuses being paid for things like student completions: dunno if they still are.

I vaguely remember reading that the Dwarf received/s an official annual salary of roughly $50k, although through enurement of cult funds he (er, reportedly) manages to boost that to fund a rock-star lifestyle. I even more vaguely remember a handful of other execs at that level also collecting $50k salaries, apparently only to make the Dwarf's greed less obvious. I read that online some years ago, and have no idea where.

Paul

Martin-O

Patron
SO reges only get $50 (or less) per week pay, or the same as other SO members in their orgs (except it's officially called 'allowance' or some other bullshit term to fit in with whatever the current fiction is regarding staff employment. SO members call it "pay" when talking to each other, though). However, reges/bookstore officers/execs-acting-as-reges may also collect weekly bonuses and/or commissions of various kinds which boost the total to these ridiculous levels. Execs like Debbie Cook also only received $50 (or whatever) pay.

Debbie Cook made way more than $ 50. Every Wednesday night she was personally involved in all the major reg cycles that were going on at the FSO. So she got a percentage there. Likewise she got commission from reg cycles over E-Meters, books and materials, which were most profitable for the regges.

I remember that we sometimes got $15 book commission in addition to our regular $ 30 weekly pay (during an "upstat week"). That $ 15 came out of the book commission pocket from Debbie Cook, which she "donated" to the upstat FSO staff. Let's say, if 300 out of 550 FSO staff were upstat, she was able to pay us $ 4,500 out of her own pocket during that week.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Total money a person receives = pay + commissions + bonuses (+ enurement for you-know-who). Maybe I should have bolded pay. :)

Paul

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
My understanding is that the biggest commission era at the FSO was in the mid-80's.

The planetary dissemination donations selling kicked in big-time when it became allowed to debit service advance payments accounts for the donations and until '87 or so the commish was 15%. By '84 the weekly totals of donations was low hundreds of thousands range. So there was 25-50 k paid out to a very few staff members weekly.

But these were the hardest working SO members around, except perhaps the RPF'ers. They were always there. Zero days off per year for anyone. Pat Clouden, Dick Story, Paul Miller, David Light, Sonia Cacavella, Harvey Jacques, etc. So they spent the $ there, in the Ft Harrison buying food, paying Flag Crew rent for offices and Cabanas for reg spaces, Phone bills :omg: could be thousands of dollars per week (each reg), Hotel rooms in the FH to sleep (often a few hours per night). Wednesdays were most often all-nighters

Aside from a nice car, possibly a nice watch or purse, the regges had nothing, Even if they did, they didn't have any time to spend money or anywhere to go to spend it. When anyone did build a sizable balance in their checking account, they would get regged themselves. Some of the stories of the regges being regged are the funniest and most horrifying reg stories of all.

By the mid-late '80's the commissions had been cut to 5%. But there were more campaigns and more regges and more money was beeing made than ever before, under Harvey Jacques leadership as the NEP REP FSO. Six hundred grand and above per week.

What happened to the $? The royalties to LRH on the various books, lectures, films, limited-edition leather-bounds, etc. ranged from 15% - 50%. The ROYS and Restock fees, deposited directly into a Bridge Publishing account at a Clearwater bank every week on Thursday between 2:00pm and 5:00pm EST, whereby in LA, Bridge would verify the deposit and cut a check to pass through the ROYs direct into the hands of an ASI Executive by 5:00 pm PST.

Another nice example of "What your Donations Buy".

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Guys and gals like Vicky Aznaran, Mike Rinder, Mark "Marty" Rathbun...What did they get paid? Anyone know ?

Mike Laws

Patron Meritorious
Can't call myself a top ranking Scientologist/SO, but was pretty high up, in RTC, and worked under Vicki Aznaran. Is this of interest, or otherwise, for the big names, they can always be asked!

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Can't call myself a top ranking Scientologist/SO, but was pretty high up, in RTC, and worked under Vicki Aznaran. Is this of interest, or otherwise, for the big names, they can always be asked!

Mike Laws in the HOUSE!! Yeah - welcome Mike!!

:dancer::cheerleader::party::woohoo::woohoo::sing::sing::wave:

Can you tell us what you got paid?

What did Vicky and her hubby get paid?

Marty and Mike?

If you know - it would be very much appreciated.

Trying to piece together some missing pieces as to how the Organization ran.

Thanks Mike and good to see you !!

:yes::happydance:

Mike Laws

Patron Meritorious
Mike Laws in the HOUSE!! Yeah - welcome Mike!!

:dancer::cheerleader::party::woohoo::woohoo::sing::sing::wave:

Can you tell us what you got paid?

What did Vicky and her hubby get paid?

Marty and Mike?

If you know - it would be very much appreciated.

Trying to piece together some missing pieces as to how the Organization ran.

Thanks Mike and good to see you !!

:yes::happydance:

LOL,

OK, a bit of context. I joined the SO at age 15. 1980 in Sydney. Was in Sydney until 83, when I was recruited into the new RTC. FOLO ANZO had a hard time making the normal $24/pay constantly, even at all. From memory, there were about 60 people, so this was only $1,500 or so a week, an impossible sum to meet. From memory, my pay for the year there ran between a low of 300 and a high of 6 or 700. I don't remember ever having uniforms provided, we had to supply all clothing our self. Bonuses are a big deal in the SO, and even a small amount, like $50.00 was a big deal. There were anniversary bonuses, that were never missed, like SO day, and it was big, something like $50-100 for EACH year you were in. Then there were Christmas bonuses, etc.. But in Australia I don't ever remember they being more than $100.00, most probably between $40 and 80 bucks.

Remember also, Australia has had some amazing inflation over the last 25 years, So $24 in 80 is worth nearly $90 today: http://www.rba.gov.au/calculator/annualDecimal.html

At work, break over, will tell the RTC end of it later!

Mike Laws

Patron Meritorious
For accurate context to my Australian to RTC SO pay thing, it is also important to realize the purchasing power of a US dollar vs an Aussie Dollar. This site shows a 30% or so average benefit towards the US dollar:http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-livin...A&city2=Sydney&tracking=getDispatchComparison. This is dollar to dollar, plus there is more of a benefit with the US dollar having a higher value. $24 Aus at that time was probably worth $50 US. We did go through trash dumpsters at the local dairy to get food, public that worked for KFC as a manager (and I remember as SO thinking that a manager at KFC was an amazing job) would bring us left over KFC at the end of the night when he came by.

So, going from perhaps a quarter pay to full pay in better dollars, gave us probably a real 6X increase over what we got in Oz.

In RTC, as well as the whole Int base, we got the same basic $24. This includes Vicki Aznaran, Jesse Prince, etc. Marty was after my time, he was ASI staff while I was RTC, and I have no idea what DM RTC this was, might call someone that was there. The differences were bonuses. I asked Jesse prince what he remembered, he remembered pay and bonuses totaling $110/115/week on average. Vicki may have been 1.5-2 times that. Mine from memory was $80-100 total pay per week, which was a lot of money to me! Christmas bonuses could be over $1,000. I am sure the higher execs might have gotten a couple grand.

The pay is one part, the other is that at that time RTC looked after its staff better than any other org I had heard of. All medical. All uniforms. Any and all expenses. Jesse reminded me of when he had a surgery in beverly hills and the org paid $10,000. Execs had their own org cars often and expense credit cards. These are normal real world perks but were unheard of in the SO.

This was pretty accurate I think up to about 87. SO pay was better at Int, but no one really made much money, there was no massive difference.

FSO would have been the same, but the big things was book commissions. Debbie cook would have had the same pay, plus some production bonuses, maybe the same as Int, probably half, but the big one that made a bunch of SO a bunch of money was book commissions, books, special properties from ASI (I remember staff at Int being regged for their inheritances or whatever to buy properties, as investments, and then the sellers getting big commissions.

Realize that there was an anomaly in SO compensation with ASI. Supposedly ASI resigned from the SO, but they were still SO, attended events, had posh room and board in LA, and real world pay checks for their positions. I remember mid 80's hearing that all the ASI execs made between $50-80,000 a year, can't remember if that included bonuses. DM was making more money than any other SO member in history by a multiple. Their berthing was provided by Pac Base estates, much nicer than most, they had their own wing, but paid for it, something that was below market.

This is kind of interesting, I don't know anywhere where their is a time line of pay for SO, would be interesting to put this together.

Rinder would have been base plus some bonuses, I would guess him at $30-50 or so in the mid 80's.

Does this help? There are plenty more people I could call for later information as well.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
This is kind of interesting, I don't know anywhere where their is a time line of pay for SO, would be interesting to put this together.

There's the theoretical amount, that an SO Member would call "full pay," and what one actually got. I'll just give the full pay figures that I recall.

I joined the SO in Sept 72. At that time, full pay was £4 in the UK, I believe $10 in the US.

Somewhere between 1972 and 1986 I believe full pay was increased to £10 in the UK, but actually receiving that amount was so rare that I couldn't say when the change came.

In 1986 I went to LA, and full pay was $30. I actually got that in hand every week for several years, which was very different! And very welcome.

Around 1994? full pay was increased to $50, but one had to pay some tax or something and received $46 or $47. Well, usually it was half pay or less, but the "full" figure was $50.

Dunno what it is now.

Paul

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
No idea of pay variances in SO. I do know most staff rolled their own smokes & were hungry most of the time.

Every now & then I could take a staff member out for a meal & they not get slammed for taking a gift ( big no no apparently ).
It seemed to cause them more trouble, but, they got a good big meal.

I suspected - when they got paid - in PAC that rank & file were $30 to $50 a week. Lot of beans & rice with no pay.

I remember somebody on RPF cut themselves with a powersaw ( after 36 hours working ) & needed to go to ER for stitches - SO wouldn't pay for it as he was called PTS for having an accident.
( he went back to 36 hours on & 3 hours off for construction in renos ).

Some public gals danced at night in titty bars for course money. ( I never heard of gals in the SO doing that kind of moon lighting ).

It bothered me then that kids couldn't be getting much time or attention from their parents & 'gifts' seemed to not exist.

The way kids are still treated still bothers me.

Parents want to thrown away their own life blindly, ok . . . but their kids lives?

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
///
Realize that there was an anomaly in SO compensation with ASI. Supposedly ASI resigned from the SO, but they were still SO, attended events, had posh room and board in LA, and real world pay checks for their positions. I remember mid 80's hearing that all the ASI execs made between $50-80,000 a year, can't remember if that included bonuses. DM was making more money than any other SO member in history by a multiple. Their berthing was provided by Pac Base estates, much nicer than most, they had their own wing, but paid for it, something that was below market.

Rinder would have been base plus some bonuses, I would guess him at $30-50 or so in the mid 80's.
///

Do you know if ASI housing was provided under the table or if it was included in that $50-80,000 as a valuated compensation for tax reporting? Or, if they paid rent back to ASI?

Whenever I see wages mentioned I take notice. In actual dollars dispersed, my impression is that circa late 70s it was around $3. - $20. per week and then got up to $30. - $50. by the 90s. It seems that $50. has remained the top amount for a typical week up to present time, not including bonuses or outliers. Just my impression, could be wrong.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
There's the theoretical amount, that an SO Member would call "full pay," and what one actually got. I'll just give the full pay figures that I recall.

I joined the SO in Sept 72. At that time, full pay was £4 in the UK, I believe $10 in the US.

Somewhere between 1972 and 1986 I believe full pay was increased to £10 in the UK, but actually receiving that amount was so rare that I couldn't say when the change came.

In 1986 I went to LA, and full pay was $30. I actually got that in hand every week for several years, which was very different! And very welcome.

Around 1994? full pay was increased to $50, but one had to pay some tax or something and received $46 or $47. Well, usually it was half pay or less, but the "full" figure was $50.

Dunno what it is now.

Paul

http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

If we assume standard weekly SO pay was $30. in 1986, then adjusted for inflation in 2016 it should be $65.98.

If SO pay was $50. in 1994 then in 2016 adjusted for inflation, it should be $81.32.

I have never known the Church to announce SO pay levels among its many glowing statistical metrics.
_____
Now, if we assume that the current pay is still $50. then that would constitute a disparity of $31.32 per week per crew member from 1994 levels. If we then assume there are 5000 SO staff (which I think may be overly optimistic, but which seems to be closer to the official representation) then $31.32 X 5000 staff = $156,600. per week or $8,143,200. per year in savings to the Church in 2016 alone.

Last edited: