What's new

Canberra Org shrinking not expanding - yet another move

Carmel

Crusader
Canberra Org has moved yet again - this time to premises about a third of the size of the last.

Some history:
To my knowledge, Canberra Org has never been one that has thrived - although somehow it has survived. In '90 in was in Bunda St in "Civic", in the centre of the city. That was a pretty dingy premises of about 70 square metres. In about '95, a house about 3 blocks away was acquired, and all the delivery (div 4) was done there (the other divs operated from Bunda St). Later, "Bunda St" was replaced by a new premises in Civic (centre of town still), and the house for the div 4 delivery was kept. Around '96, the house was closed, and all of the org was in "East Rove" in Civic (about 180 sq metres). Around 2002, Jenna Miscavige and her husband were here on mission in Oz to relocate the org. The whole org was moved to an industrial area (Phillip St), about 210 - 220 sq metres. It was cheaper (being in an industrial area, but it was still on the first floor - ie upstairs with no ground floor access). About a year ago, four of the six remaining Canberra staff 'blew', in one hit. I heard (about four months ago), that any C/Sing for Canberra org was being done by the Sydney C/S.

About a month ago, Canberra org moved again, to Ilinga St (back at Civic in the centre of town), to an upstairs office suite, previously occupied by their solicitor - about 70 sq metres. Apparently there are two staff left at Canberra Org - the ED and the Flag Rep.

The Canberra exes may well be able to shed more light on this, and/or give more accurate info than I have. Needless to say, Canberra Org doesn't appear to be expanding. It hardly meets the criteria of an "org", and to keep calling it one is obviously another example of PR BS by the CofS. Anyone within the ranks who would dare to try and get it called as it is though, would undoubtedly get their head chopped off.

Lucretia

Patron with Honors
Interesting info Carmel. Thank you.

Maybe Canberra will be the first Oz city to rid itself of its nasty little abcess.

How about the other orgs in Oz (I use the term loosely, in light of the 2 person show just mentioned)? Adelaide is pretty precarious I think. We haven't had any phone calls for...5-6 months. They are not even ringing to invite us to events. However, we may have been black listed .... don't know.

Anyway, it would be interesting to know how $cn Oz is going in the light of the big OT blows in Sydney, and possibly elsewhere.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
<snip>

Apparently there are two staff left at Canberra Org - the ED and the Flag Rep.

<snip>

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

:happydance: :happydance:

Two staff and one of them has the full time job of writing reports!!!! Jesus, how friggin idiotic CAN YOU GET!!!!!

That's Scientology admin for you!

All in all, this is very good news.

I wonder if Int management will let it go or send in a garrison mission. I'm sure the remaining CLO ANZO staff would like to spend a year or two bodyrouting in Canberra. :devil:

Thanks for the report, Ceedia.

haiqu

Patron Meritorious
The Canberra exes may well be able to shed more light on this, and/or give more accurate info than I have. Needless to say, Canberra Org doesn't appear to be expanding. It hardly meets the criteria of an "org", and to keep calling it one is obviously another example of PR BS by the CofS.

Canberra never qualified as an org in the first place. Its creation was the result of a stat push from management.

The profile of the average person in Canberra (from my analysis of thouands of street surveys) is "highly educated, but out-ethics" and they don't want anyone to change that. It's a wog utopian bubble.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Maybe they sit around and KR each other. "Dear Joe: On Jan 13 Sue drank some of my coffee without saying pretty please. She will now be routed to the MAA who is in fact Sue. ML, Joe."

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Canberra actually had more staff 30 years ago when it was a mission being run out of someone's house.

Now it has two SO members getting the few remaining public to do some sort of delivery so as to keep the "org" open.

Adelaide is in a similar position from what I've heard, as is Brisbane.

So ANZO has at least four orgs (as there's supposedly a Day and Foundation in Adelaide) that are on life-support.

GO ANZO, GO!!!! :p

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
Just a report on what's happening here in Christchurch ...

There is a mission running from a home. The couple running it came with Mike Ferris to bullbait and generally hassle our protest as I posted at the time. They scarpered when the police came.

THey also list Dianetics books and other random junk on Trade Me. Every now and then people tell me that they receive this flier in their letter boxes, and they once put one in mine. I sent it back to them telling them that I was an SP and not to put another one in my letter box. They worked out that it was from me and I haven't had another one since. This latest one was delivered last week to our neighbours' letterbox.

scan0001.jpg

The other thing that they do is run the free stress test bullshit at the Sunday markets. I don't know about the legality of the e-meter being used like that in this country, and it's something I might have to find out about.

It's definitely not something that is growing in Christchurch, that's for sure.

Lucretia

Patron with Honors
It is amazing to me that any one would be stupid enough to put their credit card details on a scrap of mail order paper, or that the $cns even expect it. Has any one ever heard of somebody ordering Dianetics this way? Maybe it's the first filter for the terminally gullible (I include myself in this description, not that I gave my cc details to just anybody you understand!).

Good news about the shrinking "orgs". I drove past Adelaide this W/E and the org is still there physically. Didn't see anyone around though.

Wisened One

Crusader
Jeeez, and I can just HEAR the phone calls those two lonely staff are getting on a daily basis:

'You two are gonna be spearheading scn back into being BIG again! You two will be getting awards for being the ones who stuck it out!' Blaaablaaaablaaaaa, then the face-ripping they'll be getting, too.....I say KEEP it up, that way, THEY will blow, too! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
It is amazing to me that any one would be stupid enough to put their credit card details on a scrap of mail order paper, or that the $cns even expect it. Has any one ever heard of somebody ordering Dianetics this way? Maybe it's the first filter for the terminally gullible (I include myself in this description, not that I gave my cc details to just anybody you understand!).

I thought the same thing Lucretia! Also, I'm not too sure what mental potentials are. Are they potentials that have gone mental? How can we measure them? How do we know how many we have?

I bet they don't pay the Hebrew University of Jerusalem or their agent licensing fees for the use of the name and likeness as they should. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein_in_popular_culture

Paul

I'm betting they don't either! My neighbours just laugh at the whole thing anyway, so I'm happy they keep using this flier. It shows what idiots they are.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is good news! :thumbsup:

Having a staff of two and calling themselves an ‘Org’ is a joke. They wouldn’t even qualify to be a mission. Just barely make it as a ‘group’.

Letting an org collapse is a very serious offence (in the Scientology world). The ANZO CLO should be hauled over the coals. But, they’re probably too much in apathy to care. I’d at least expect them to fire in a garrison mission to try and build it up. The fact that they haven’t done this suggests that they are incapable of any real action now.

Surely none of the orgs in Oz can be viable now and with their best customers having left or about to, it’s difficult to see how they can recover. Given the pressure that the CoS is under in the rest of the world, it’s not as though the cavalry is about to ride to the rescue anytime soon either.

Axiom142

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
I bet they don't pay the Hebrew University of Jerusalem or their agent licensing fees for the use of the name and likeness as they should. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein_in_popular_culture

Paul

Very interesting point Paul. This site http://www.rogerrichman.us/
is where the royalties should be paid, and they are the watchdog for the illegal uses of famous people. Einstein is listed as on their books and this is what they say they do:

The Roger Richman Agency, Inc. is the preeminent licensing agency specializing in protecting and promoting the personae of world-renowned entertainment and historic personalities. Located in Beverly Hills, CA, the Agency has operated for 26 years and was headed by Roger Richman, who pioneered celebrity rights legislation.

They just might be interested in receiving a copy of this delightful flier!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
They just might be interested in receiving a copy of this delightful flier!

I'm sure some helpful activist will oblige, either with an original or an e-mailed image. :). It's not just Christchurch. It was used at SH in the 70s or 80s and I imagine it's been used elsewhere lots too.

Paul (not me)

Lucretia

Patron with Honors
I thought the same thing Lucretia! Also, I'm not too sure what mental potentials are. Are they potentials that have gone mental? How can we measure them? How do we know how many we have?

Haha! They might be potential potentials. Unknowable except in application. unmeasurable except in effect and all open to inflation, as with all $cn. A bit like known knowns, known unknowns, unknown knowns - you know! Weasle words.

Zander

Patron with Honors

I'm sure the original version (back in the 80's) said "We only use 10% of our brain's capacity" or something like that. This would probably make a lot more sense than "mental potentials" but they probably figured it sounded too "psych".

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Canberra, Brisbane, etc

so what is going to happen to $cilons buildings when the last troll quits?
Religious Technology Center isnt going to bail them out. :deadhorse:
the local council's will have to bulldoze & sell the lots.