What's new

Canberra Org

ttamaad

Silver Meritorious Patron
I just added another comment to replace the one removed.

I had to laugh

after placing my comment which tells people to come here for a look, I got this

Church of Scientology of Canberra

Thanks for reviewing this business; you've made The Brownbook just a little bit better.

Outethicsofficer

Mine was taken down too

Good on ya ttamaad,

I posted something else maybe because I referred to Scientology-cult in my last post on the site:confused2:

Thanks to all for keeping the pressure on.

James

Outethicsofficer

Mine was taken down too

Sorry guys hit the submit button twice.

Yesterday I happened to be in MCDonalds and noticed a guy sitting there he had a Golden Age Of Knowledge bag over his shoulder, sure looked like an SO member to me so, being the shy retiring type I am I went and said hello, turns out he had heard of me, his name is Mark Ellis, been in the SO twenty years, anyone have any idea what his post is? Said he was visiting for a few days. :D Or am I just paranoid?
James

Last edited:

Happy Days

Good on ya ttamaad,

I posted something else maybe because I referred to Scientology-cult in my last post on the site:confused2:

Thanks to all for keeping the pressure on.

James

Yeah, don't mention the C word .... as the Church is unfortunately a recognised religion in Oz ::grouch:

But keep posting on the site....:thumbsup:

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron

Yesterday I happened to be in MCDonalds and noticed a guy sitting there he had a Golden Age Of Knowledge bag over his shoulder, sure looked like an SO member to me so, being the shy retiring type I am I went and said hello, turns out he had heard of me, his name is Mark Ellis, been in the SO twenty years, anyone have any idea what his post is? Said he was visiting for a few days. :D Or am I just paranoid?
James

It'll be Mark J Ellis, usually on finance lines.

Nice enough guy, fairly stocky, dark hair?

No idea what he's doing in Canberra.:confused2:

Feral

Rogue male

James

There was another Mark Ellis, ex of Kerry Ellis, he worked in a roofing company.

This one is Ex SO

Happy Days

James

Please to see ya didn't have ya pitch fork and tail out, he may have choked on his burger... you have more front than a gold tooth....:lol:

He may have been in Canberra Org re: recent refund/repayments requests... I hear there's been quite a few :hysterical:

Carmel

Crusader
Yeah, don't mention the C word .... as the Church is unfortunately a recognised religion in Oz ::grouch:

But keep posting on the site....:thumbsup:

I didn't mention the "c" word, but they took mine down - bugger! I'll comment again, but I might leave it till the morning. :)

Feral

Rogue male
WTF! They left Scooters but took mine!

I don't know whether to be insulted or flattered, tell you what OSA, if you take my next one down the following one will be about a certain alien overlord.

Happy Days

Yeah, not too sure what's going on there... I thought thee were taken down because the reviews used the word 'cult' but this maybe not be the case.. as Carmel had not used it...
The more hits this web page gets the more it moves up the ratings... Nick B will use this as a stat for the org... so is it worth continuing....:confused2:

Mrs Pattycake

Patron with Honors
Maybe its just my picky marketing background, but I just can't believe that someone is editing the site and they have not noticed or corrected all the typos/ spelling mistakes in the What Is Scientology section - soooooo unprofessional !

But hey...

I guess that is nothing compared to the kind of unprofessionalism of Tommy Davis who seems to have forgotten that he is a spokesperson for a Church and that means representing a religion and usually swearing and yelling aren't part of most normal peoples idea of religion.

And these are the guys that are supposed to have the leading admin tech on the planet !!!:omg:

Last edited:

Happy Days

Maybe its just my picky marketing background, but I just can't believe that someone is editing the site and they have not noticed or correted all the typos/ spelling mistakes in the What Is Scientology section - soooooo unprofessional !

But hey...

I guess that is nothing compared to the kind of unprofessionalism of Tommy Davis who seems to have forgotten that he is a spokesperson for a Church and that means representing a religion and usually swearing and yelling aren't part of most normal peoples idea of religion.

And these are the guys that are supposed to have the leading admin tech on the planet !!!:omg:

You go Mrs P...

Professionalism has nothing to do with Scientology... don't we know that

Tommy is suffering from a bad case of ADHD.. I think and needs to be sedated.. :lol:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
From the Brownbook.net FAQ (my emphasis):

Any user can invite anybody to review a business that’s listed in Brownbook.net. Brownbook.net provides the capability to do this right from the business listing page.

You may choose to invite reviews for several reasons, its up to you:
- to get friends and customers to give great reviews for your business to build your online reputation
- to get other patrons to review a business that you’ve all used
- to get friends and customers to provide balance in case you’ve received a negative review that can’t be resolved

Click ‘invite reviews’ and enter the email addresses of the people you’d like to invite, and the system will send them an instant email to invite them to review the business you’ve chosen.​

From this I get the idea that the business user can't just delete reviews that are unfavourable. I guess there are some forbidden words, swearwords etc. that the software automatically deletes, but I don't know. I don't understand how selected reviews were removed. Did the CofS business owner (heh) complain to the website admins and they manually removed them? If so, it won't take long for them to get pissed off at such CofS bawwwwwing.

Note that a user (i.e. us) can add businesses that don't already have an entry, and comment on them. Like the other orgs in OZ that aren't represented, for instance. . . .

Paul

Feral

Rogue male
I can't remember what I wrote, but I'm sure it was civil. So how did it vanish? Must be the bawwwwing!

Outethicsofficer

I'll be a monkeys uncle then

I posted something on this brownbooks.com thing for ACT, its has been removed again so too have all the others except from peaches and the ones already there, I will need to look into this further, what gives! :confused2:

So a business can just get rid of the bad reviews! Hmm:confused2:

James

I only posted my name and contact details for anyone who wished to email me. I was very polite.:yes:
James

TA Jacker

Patron
I whacked up a little somethin too. We'll see how it goes.

There must be a way of putting up reviews that stick. I noticed when I clicked on the "report this review" link on one of the posted reviews that you can get reported for unfairly reporting a review to get it removed. We may be able to get them on this point with the Brownbook (shit that name makes me laugh, trust ol' Bumhurts to get himself onto that site) Administration.

ttamaad

Well, I got an email from Brownbook (the site where scn listed themselves) I see a few more of our comments have been taken down. It appears that the site owners are doing it rather than scientology...

Hi

Thanks for trying out Brownbook, but please may I ask you to keep reveiws specific to the business being reviewed, and lets also keep them impartial.
My colleagues and I put a lot of effort (not to mention money and sweat) into creating Brownbook, but when it becomes a place for generalist and cutting remarks (and occupies me on a sunday to clean it up) it gets a bit frustrating.

You are most welcome to voice your opinions about anything, but please use your own website, not mine.

Thanks for understanding

Dave
--
Dave Ingram
CEO, Brownbook.net

Does anyone have any comment regarding how I should reply to him??

Feral

Rogue male
Well, I got an email from Brownbook (the site where scn listed themselves) I see a few more of our comments have been taken down. It appears that the site owners are doing it rather than scientology...

Does anyone have any comment regarding how I should reply to him??

Well, I would approach him cordially and try to educate him of the harm done by the cult.

I would also apologise if it offends him that we have aired our spleen on his site, but which is worse? Promoting a dangerous cult or warning others of it?

supafreak

Patron Meritorious
I've left a review, and it's up for the moment. I won't be surprised if the admins take it down.

Also, if you look at Nick Broadhurst's profile, he's made pages for a few Scn fronts: http://www.brownbook.net/account/profile/33008 Might be worthwhile to harpoon them, too. I just couldn't resist posting the link to the St Petersburg Times reports on old Nick's Scientology Media Archive page: http://www.brownbook.net/business/31269492/scientology-international-media-archive And I left a convenient link to a free online download of "A Piece of Blue Sky."

Last edited: