What's new

Cant leave...

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
"The amazing thing was, I was NEVER told what I was accused of. It was only said that I'd done horrible things, that I'd committed crimes and I should know what they are!"

The reason you don't know what they are is because they are not crimes from a normal human beings viewpoint.

It could be they were merely operating on Hubbard's well-known statements in tech/policy that people who criticise Scientology have crimes. They would have had absolute certainty that crimes had been committed because Hubbard says so. The niggly details of what crimes, or real-world evidence, are unimportant in such an insulated society.

Paul

CastingDirector

[FONT=arial, sans, sans-serif]My name is Stephanie Lewis and I'm a casting director in NYC. I wanted to write because I'm currently casting a new docu-series which highlights the stories of women as they begin the process of converting religions. Please let me know if you think you might be a good fit.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans, sans-serif]Thanks so much.[/FONT]

NOW CASTING: Women Considering Changing Religions

Are you a woman currently considering converting from one religion to another?
Do you have a really good reason or variety of reasons for wanting to change religions? Are you concerned about how your decision would affect your relationship with your parents, siblings, and extended family?

If so, then an exciting new documentary television series on a major cable network is currently looking for you! The show would follow the lives of women who are considering converting religions for various reasons.

If you are – or you know – a dynamic woman with plenty of personality who is currently thinking about converting religions, we want to talk to you!
To submit or nominate someone, please email us the full name(s) and contact info, a short bio on what you’re thinking about doing and why, and how your decision would affect your friends and family and several photos to: [email protected]

TheSpectator

Patron with Honors
Hey guys, quick update! :biggrin:

I haven't been back to the org and I don't miss it. Every day I do still get the urge to go and finish my course anyway but it feels so good and liberating when I don't give in to that.
I've only been called once and I did answer but I said I hadn't been feeling well. Which is true by the way, ever since I started doubting the church and wanted to leave I've felt a little sick. I know they'll call again to check when I'm better and can come again but I'm postponing the trouble for now haha. I'm a little scared about ignoring them. I heard it's probably the best way to get them to stop trying to get in contact with me but I just haven't figured out how I'm going to handle this...
These past days I have done a lot of fun things. All of which on my own. I haven't told any of my Church friends that I'm leaving yet.
I still can't fully get my mind off all these mixed feelings (why I want to leave, why I want to stay, why I do like Scientology + Dianetics and why I don't, etc, etc) but this surely is more fun than what I used to do pretty much every day. I found this musical theatre group I wanted to join but unfortunately can't until September. So for now I spend my free time doing a whole bunch of different things. Today I suddenly got the great idea to go to the zoo and draw animals.
I like it this way. I'm doing alright :)

SUPER COOL! Enjoy life, there's so much of it yet to be lived! :happydance:

TheSpectator

Patron with Honors
It could be they were merely operating on Hubbard's well-known statements in tech/policy that people who criticise Scientology have crimes. They would have had absolute certainty that crimes had been committed because Hubbard says so. The niggly details of what crimes, or real-world evidence, are unimportant in such an insulated society.

Paul

Yes, I think you're partially right with this. They didn't have anything so for awhile I was under the microscope. ANYTHING I did that seemed possibly "out-ethics" was regarded as a string to pull so they'd eventually find the Sherman Tank. Well, there was never a tank there!!! Nothing to find. So they stuck with the generalities.

They did dig up "situations" from my PC folder but those were completely contrived and false. Good god!, what are these auditors coerced into writing down? Long story short: From one PTS Interview I went to the MAA and told the situations I needed to handle. I thought they were joking! I asked, "Did you get this from someone else's PTS Interview?" The only thing similar to mine were the names. ALL the actions and activities were different!

Jump

Operating teatime
Yes, I think you're partially right with this. They didn't have anything so for awhile I was under the microscope. ANYTHING I did that seemed possibly "out-ethics" was regarded as a string to pull so they'd eventually find the Sherman Tank. Well, there was never a tank there!!! Nothing to find. So they stuck with the generalities.

They did dig up "situations" from my PC folder but those were completely contrived and false. Good god!, what are these auditors coerced into writing down? Long story short: From one PTS Interview I went to the MAA and told the situations I needed to handle. I thought they were joking! I asked, "Did you get this from someone else's PTS Interview?" The only thing similar to mine were the names. ALL the actions and activities were different!

Sounds like they mocked it up. At least it's scriptural.

the euphoric effect of Scientology wears off over time, and if you're gone too long, you start thinking "WTF was I thinking?"

[/QUOTE]

Understatement of the year. I now think ' Was I the full quid' ?????????????????? Or only marginally above having a mild intellectual disability for being dumb enough to even contemplate that the nonsense had some level of truth in it.

I remember even thinking tinnitus ( ringing in the ears) was from a thetan flying around closeby. And I was dumb enough to almost buy such nonsense.

Sometimes I wonder if even LRH tried not to smile when the twaddle came out of his mouth.

JustSheila

Crusader
Hi,

I was once in your shoes as the Church had laid such a huge guilt on me. I felt so bad about leaving them in the lurch as they had so few staff to cover the main posts. I felt like such a deserter ... and yes they were surely my closest friends. But then were they really my friends? Or only being my friends while I agreed with them and went along with all. I eventually learnt it really was the latter as true. Friends stick by you and accept you for who you are.

Scientologists were only my friends if I did what I was approved of. You try and tell them you want to quit and they will come back hard with the doubt condition and many expensive handlings. Well expensive to you.

I remember after my last lot of auditing and finally leaving the Regs office just in one piece, after an ear bashing. For the next few days my phone rang incessantly probably 30= + times per day. I even thought twice about being as inconscpicuous as possible around my home although fortunately it was a long drive to the Org. I remember the times I was instructed to drive to peoples houses who started working at the Org, for a few weeks then blew. I was instructed to pick them up no matter what they wanted. The place is just way too crazy.

:welcome2: to ESMB, BMU Scotty! Nice beginning post. We're happy to have you aboard our earthship. :biggrin:

You are VERY welcome to start a thread in the Newbs section and tell us a bit about you. I think you'll fit in here just fine.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I don't know.
I never saw David's folder. I had never audited him.
The AOLA D of P who tried to "salvage" me said that Dr Denk had prescribed the Thorazine.
I wonder if Denk even bothered to examine his "patient", or just prescribed on the C/S's say-so?

:welcome2: to ESMB, BMU Scotty! Nice beginning post. We're happy to have you aboard our earthship. :biggrin:

You are VERY welcome to start a thread in the Newbs section and tell us a bit about you. I think you'll fit in here just fine.

Thanks JustSheila. I should do something on the newbies thread. An earthship is certainly preferable to an SO ship. Hahah!!!

Beam-Me-Up_Scotty
2Q==

Enterprise Crew

Jump

Operating teatime
Jump, was it something I said? :confused2:

Hiya Blanky,

I had to go searching for what you were talking abt, then I realised I hit 'disagree' instead of 'like' (now corrected).

I'm hoping Lorna has moved on and doesn't need a message board now. But it would be nice to get an update for sure.

It is a difficult concept for the average joe to understand is 'if it's so bad, then why don't they just leave'. Lorna was so lucky not to have family, employment, sunk costs, spiritual manipulation etc to contend with, just illusory friendships. It's nice that she could get away from that environment so cleanly.

Someone commented recently that the CoS wasn't that bad, because at least they didn't put an ice pick into people's brains. (Alluding to 'frontal lobotomies' that were performed by psychiatrists in the 1950s as an in-office procedure).

The fact is, that they put a sword through countless hearts by torn families, abuse of people's spirituality, manufactured life-stresses and unattainable goals. All the while standing back with a shrug saying, hey, it wasn't us.

Hubbard designed it exactly that way.

And good on you for seeing the big picture and walking the narrow line. I don't think I could disagree with anything you said.

:thumbsup:

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
My name is Stephanie Lewis and I'm a casting director in NYC. I wanted to write because I'm currently casting a new docu-series which highlights the stories of women as they begin the process of converting religions. Please let me know if you think you might be a good fit.

Thanks so much.

Do you have a really good reason or variety of reasons for wanting to change religions? Are you concerned about how your decision would affect your relationship with your parents, siblings, and extended family?

If so, then an exciting new documentary television series on a major cable network is currently looking for you! The show would follow the lives of women who are considering converting religions for various reasons.

If you are – or you know – a dynamic woman with plenty of personality who is currently thinking about converting religions, we want to talk to you!
To submit or nominate someone, please email us the full name(s) and contact info, a short bio on what you’re thinking about doing and why, and how your decision would affect your friends and family and several photos to: [email protected]

This person is leaving scientology and you are asking her to send you her full name? Bad idea! Have you read much here?

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
This person is leaving scientology and you are asking her to send you her full name? Bad idea! Have you read much here?

Exactly, This "casting director" is either very naive or I'd suspect her motives. I've been "out" for nearly 30 years and even I don't reveal my full name on here.

Jump

Operating teatime

There's a guy in Nigeria asking for personal details. Dealing with him would arguably result in less stress and disruption to your life.

IMHO

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

She's been crapping all over this Board with her casting call. It ain't just targetting Lorna. But obviously not someone who knows anything about Swinetology if she thinks the exes are going to beat a path to her door.

Lone Star

Crusader
My name is Stephanie Lewis and I'm a casting director in NYC. I wanted to write because I'm currently casting a new docu-series which highlights the stories of women as they begin the process of converting religions. Please let me know if you think you might be a good fit.

Thanks so much.

Will there be any pillow fights among pajama clad dynamic women in this reality series? If so, will it then lead to....oh I don't know.....a tickle fight? :coolwink:

If so then I'm definitely down wid it!! Watching it that is. :yes:

Unfortunately I'm not a "dynamic woman". Just an average guy stuck in apathy....until there's women engaged in tickle fights that is!! It cures my apathy more than Scientology ever did fo sho'!!

:buzzin:

:lol:

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Will there be any pillow fights among pajama clad dynamic women in this reality series? If so, will it then lead to....oh I don't know.....a tickle fight? :coolwink:

If so then I'm definitely down wid it!! Watching it that is. :yes:

Unfortunately I'm not a "dynamic woman". Just an average guy stuck in apathy....until there's women engaged in tickle fights that is!! It cures my apathy more than Scientology ever did fo sho'!!

:buzzin:

:lol:

What about dwarf tossing? I think any show casting ex-Scientologists needs to feature competitive dwarf tossing. I'd watch that! :biggrin:

Lorna

Patron
Hey Lorna,

How ya doing? :)

Blanky

Hey, sorry for never responding or updating! I'm totally new to message boards so I only check the messages here once in a while or I just read.
But I'm doing okay. I still haven't been back to the Org but people are calling and e-mailing me all the time now. It's making me a little nervous but knew this was going to happen, I've heard from you all and as I left so suddenly this is what you can expect, but I'm still trying to pay attention to other things for now. And I like that a lot. I'm still doing everything on my own but oh well... I'm alright :)

Last edited: