What's new

Carrie Fisher Outs John Travolta As Gay!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
There's a number of stories beginning to hit the internet stemming from an interview that the Advocate did with Carrie Fisher, a long time friend of John Travolta. Here's one of them below from Examiner.com
http://www.examiner.com/pop-culture...ay-according-to-carrie-fisher-s-new-interview

"John Travolta is gay according to Carrie Fisher's new interview and living a secret life as a homosexual.
Carrie Fisher has outed long time pal John Travolta in her recent interview. Fisher has had no problem speaking publicly about the sexual preferences of the 'Saturday Night Fever' star stating in fact he is gay.

John Travolta has been fighting off gay rumors and tabloid tales of gay escapades since the 80's. Travolta's legal team has been busy keeping up with all the gay speculation, stating that these claims are all false.

Carrie Fisher's recently spoke with the Advocate and the actress had no problem announcing to the world that Travolta is gay and openly discussed his private and personal sexual preferences.

When directly asked about John Travolta's homosexual rumors Carrie Fisher stated
Fisher stated “Wow! I mean, my feeling about John has always been that we know and we don’t care. Look, I’m sorry that he’s uncomfortable with it, and that’s all I can say. It only draws more attention to it when you make that kind of legal fuss. Just leave it be.”

dianaclass8

Silver Meritorious Patron
There's a number of stories beginning to hit the internet stemming from an interview that the Advocate did with Carrie Fisher, a long time friend of John Travolta. Here's one of them below from Examiner.com
http://www.examiner.com/pop-culture...ay-according-to-carrie-fisher-s-new-interview

"John Travolta is gay according to Carrie Fisher's new interview and living a secret life as a homosexual.
Carrie Fisher has outed long time pal John Travolta in her recent interview. Fisher has had no problem speaking publicly about the sexual preferences of the 'Saturday Night Fever' star stating in fact he is gay.

John Travolta has been fighting off gay rumors and tabloid tales of gay escapades since the 80's. Travolta's legal team has been busy keeping up with all the gay speculation, stating that these claims are all false.

Carrie Fisher's recently spoke with the Advocate and the actress had no problem announcing to the world that Travolta is gay and openly discussed his private and personal sexual preferences.

When directly asked about John Travolta's homosexual rumors Carrie Fisher stated
Fisher stated “Wow! I mean, my feeling about John has always been that we know and we don’t care. Look, I’m sorry that he’s uncomfortable with it, and that’s all I can say. It only draws more attention to it when you make that kind of legal fuss. Just leave it be.”

LOL! I like John, he actually is a very nice guy in person. I was one day at the Renaissance Restaurant at CCI and he was there eating too with other people and he talked to us to my heart's content and let us take pictures and he never stopped smiling.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Maybe he'll finally admit it publicly. Then, hopefully, the cult will have lost its main hold over him, although Kelly has to be taken into account too.

Paul

ScottN

Patron
Kind of sad that the sex lives of celebrities -- especially gay sex -- is still such a big deal.

(Remember in the 70s when celebs WANTED to be thought of as bisexual because it was considered cool? Ah, those were the days.:yes:)

I've read a lot of allegations about Cruise's alleged secret gay life, but not that much about Travolta's.

Wisened One

Crusader
I really don't believe that Carrie Fisher would out him like that. If she really was a friend to him, why would she announce that? I'm sure friends of Jody Foster never outed her (till she did, herself). Ya know?

I personally don't care what JT's preferences are. (Not even sure I believe he's gay or bi, but even if he is, who cares?).

I've always liked JT and always will! :yes:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
The major point for both Cruise and Travolta is the vehement public denials on *top* of the inherently homophobic nature of Scientology. For some that nature is considered irrelevant, since based on statements made by Hubbard in the 50s. However, in practice, Scientology *acts* on a homophobic internally, with the *exception* of 'celebrities', which makes the charge one of hypocrisy rather than simple homophobia.

Zinj

Feral

Rogue male
I'm sure the world will be happier to embrace him as a homosexual than a Scientologist.

Which would be more embarrassing to you?

What's more if John wasn't a scio he would have been so much more able to come to terms with his sexuality. There's no stigma nowadays except in backward cults.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
"Outing" people is something I never thought was a good thing.

Sort of like those in the Co$ that have this compulsion to get off others withholds - just something about that has always struck me a slimey act from a low life.

Like these do-gooders who run around telling people "in" that so & so has been "declared" so they have to "disconnect" from them. Always struck me as all about an attempt to harm the "declared" person and nothing ever to do with "protecting" the person being 'warned".

A slimeball is a slimeball no matter where they ooze to.

ScottN

Patron
Unfortunately, I think "coming out" would damage Travolta's career -- even more so than his links to the COS.

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Unfortunately, I think "coming out" would damage Travolta's career -- even more so than his links to the COS.

Hmmm. Many a celebrity has come out and as far as I can tell it has not harmed their careers. Ellen Degeneres, Neil Patrick Harris, Jodie Foster are very successful in their lives after having come out.

What about the *cheating on the wife part*.?????

I actually think that kind of thing is between the people themselves, and not for the world to pick to bits as in Tiger Wood's scandal.

Except in this case, Travolta is not only homosexual, but homo novis, one of the most ethical beings on the planet. JT supports the cult that is trying to put ethics in on the whole planet.
JT is a figurehead for the cult. Has he bothered to read any of the *entheta* out there? He has a public career, he is bloody stupid if he hasn't read it and a motherucker if he has read it but decided to ignore it. If he read it but didn't believe it he is just an idiot. There is also the option that he is being blackmailed, and if he is I'm guessing that what they have on him is pretty wild.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Well, perhaps, we'll get some of the higher profile "gay" people that were told by a reg they couls be " cured " of being a homosexual by auditing. Some people got sold lots of auditing that way. Of course, their being homosexual never changed.

Over the years there have been has flaps about that.

Per the policies of old ron being homosexual is a "bad" thing. Of course, even on this board, pointing out old ron sure screamed a whole lot about 1.1 homosexuals never would allow any wondering if he was a closet homosexual.

Anyway, these days, being against homosexuals is very out of fashionand the Co$ is locked into their 50s anti-gay stance.

There is no way out for 'em on that one !

ScottN

Patron
Hmmm. Many a celebrity has come out and as far as I can tell it has not harmed their careers. Ellen Degeneres, Neil Patrick Harris, Jodie Foster are very successful in their lives after having come out.

Yeah, but they weren't married with kids. Living a "lie," as it were.

It seems (imho) that it would be a bigger deal with Travolta because it's more of a secret.

But I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong. :yes:

Again, not saying that Travolta is gay.

Feral

Rogue male
So I guess it's a good time to mention that you shouldn't tell Carrie Fisher any personal secrets.

I think Carrie is off the Christmas card list.

Sindy

Crusader
Doesn't Matter

What about the *cheating on the wife part*.?????

I actually think that kind of thing is between the people themselves, and not for the world to pick to bits as in Tiger Wood's scandal.

Except in this case, Travolta is not only homosexual, but homo novis, one of the most ethical beings on the planet. JT supports the cult that is trying to put ethics in on the whole planet.
JT is a figurehead for the cult. Has he bothered to read any of the *entheta* out there? He has a public career, he is bloody stupid if he hasn't read it and a motherucker if he has read it but decided to ignore it. If he read it but didn't believe it he is just an idiot. There is also the option that he is being blackmailed, and if he is I'm guessing that what they have on him is pretty wild.

No matter what the church has on him, it doesn't matter. If the populace was willing to forgive OJ Simpson or not believe the prosecution about murder, they won't care what comes out about JT. In addition, no one likes a snitch, especially an organization that is supposed to keep your secrets confidential. It would so backfire on them.

They can't win. John Travolta is so much more loved than the C of S. He's in the catbird seat, not the church. If he started speaking out, forget about it, game over. If only! :melodramatic:

uniquemand

Unbeliever
This is huge news. I can't imagine the way the universe will have to restructure itself around Travoltas sex habits.

ScottN

Patron
Well, perhaps, we'll get some of the higher profile "gay" people that were told by a reg they couls be " cured " of being a homosexual by auditing. Some people got sold lots of auditing that way. Of course, their being homosexual never changed.

Who knew that Scientology and Conservative Christians had so much in common? :)

They both offer "the cure.":eyeroll: