Caution using the term 'haters'...

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
From Chuck Beatty on another thread:
And LRH went on to create the boxed off world of Scientology thinking and speaking, and OSA today has their OSA network order about how to survey and find the labels with which to label the "enemies", so that the enemies are positioned with what the surveys show are the WORST public images.

I've noticed on a few threads on this board the use of the term 'haters', i.e. ex-scientologists are ron-haters, tech-haters etc.

In the USA this term, which attaches a negative image to the target, has come to the fore over the last couple of decades. Its use was introduced by political liberals to denounce conservative talk radio shows as 'hate radio' and to discredit conservative callers. This was seemingly justified as many times callers would lose their composure and rant emotionally against something, sounding angry. So the liberals went A=A on it, anger = hate and got away with it. But the anger actually had nothing to do with the political content - it was caused by the butchery of the comm cycle by the host. Anyone who has done the drill 'How to dirty and clean a needle' can see it - cut comm, talking over, no ack, etc.

But the moniker stuck and even made it into state and federal legislation - 'hate' crimes came into being.

So new meanings have made it into the public mind; 'hate' and 'hater'. Hate being an irrational uncontrollable venomous attack against someone or something or an idea. A 'hater' is a disreputable mad dog who maniacally spews his wacko beliefs (hates) which are, of course, against what would be best for a group or a country.

So don't think it wouldn't be beyond OSA to couch the demeanor of posters on online message boards as 'haters' just as Beatty has referenced above!

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
From Chuck Beatty on another thread:

I've noticed on a few threads on this board the use of the term 'haters', i.e. ex-scientologists are ron-haters, tech-haters etc.

In the USA this term, which attaches a negative image to the target, has come to the fore over the last couple of decades. Its use was introduced by political liberals to denounce conservative talk radio shows as 'hate radio' and to discredit conservative callers. This was seemingly justified as many times callers would lose their composure and rant emotionally against something, sounding angry. So the liberals went A=A on it, anger = hate and got away with it. But the anger actually had nothing to do with the political content - it was caused by the butchery of the comm cycle by the host. Anyone who has done the drill 'How to dirty and clean a needle' can see it - cut comm, talking over, no ack, etc.

But the moniker stuck and even made it into state and federal legislation - 'hate' crimes came into being.

So new meanings have made it into the public mind; 'hate' and 'hater'. Hate being an irrational uncontrollable venomous attack against someone or something or an idea. A 'hater' is a disreputable mad dog who maniacally spews his wacko beliefs (hates) which are, of course, against what would be best for a group or a country.

So don't think it wouldn't be beyond OSA to couch the demeanor of posters on online message boards as 'haters' just as Beatty has referenced above!

I don't care what they call me as long as they don't use scientology jargon and concepts to call me it (because that is insulting).

:happydance:

TG1

Angelic Poster
For the record, the term "hate crime" was widely used long before the term "hater."

Obviously, hate crimes themselves go back as far as hate.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
First time I noticed the word, 'hater', was when Mr.Rathbun started to use it a lot in place of SP's.

Made me think he was doing a little bit of revisionism on the nomemclature for PR reasons.. He couldn't very well use the scilon term SP for the foul stink of it. A stink most Scilons are uncomfortably aware of.. Yet Mr.Rathbun is still 'applying' the 'tech', so 'Haters' replaced 'SP's'.

It's a bit like 'cancelling' Fair Game.. But only the word..

:yes:

paradox

ab intra silentio vera
First time I noticed the word, 'hater', was when Mr.Rathbun started to use it a lot in place of SP's.

Made me think he was doing a little bit of revisionism on the nomemclature for PR reasons.. He couldn't very well use the scilon term SP for the foul stink of it. A stink most Scilons are uncomfortably aware of.. Yet Mr.Rathbun is still 'applying' the 'tech', so 'Haters' replaced 'SP's'.

It's a bit like 'cancelling' Fair Game.. But only the word..

:yes:

Yep. You nailed it. Creepy dreck monger, mongering his idol's creepy dreck.

My sentiments have nothing to do with hate, and everything to do with expressed disgust and contempt for the obvious hidden agenda(s), disingenuous half-truths, and general weasel-worded PR-ishness and ARC Positioning dreck used to recover and reassert a new control line targeting the still susceptible, "ARCXen" field. Well, that and being up long past my bedtime.

Oh, my arc-breaky, achy breaky heart. :omg:

Last edited:

Mystic

Crusader
Why, us advanced "haters" don't "hate" at all. We just :hysterical: a lot. And have no need for "overts, withholds and ARC Xs". :hysterical:

Dukat

Patron with Honors
disreputable mad dog who maniacally spews his wacko beliefs (hates) which are, of course, against what would be best for a group or a country.

That nailed it for me! lol
State blah blah legislation means nothing to me cause we're all from different countries. And the Comm/no comm/ack yack LRH stuff doesn't mean anything either.

I'm like Mystic. For the lulz and also, I LOVE Dave Chappelle's "Player Haters."

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Sure they would. Just as they used to employ the word "bigot".

But I will say this: not all criticism of CofS or of Scn is just. It should be CORRECT in order to be just. The end does not justify the means. Thus, one can employ hate speech against CofS-- and the criterion would be this: not only is it harsh and/or strongly worded but is it untrue. If it's true then it's not hate speech.

Just as I did meet some critics who were stupid bigots. But most were not.