What's new

CCHR & Scientology

Neo

Silver Meritorious Patron
With a little tweaking, sounds like some other things currently going on...

"We would seek peoples bad experiences with Scientology, investigate them (ride on up to the internets; wikipedia), and attempt to extract enough data to go after the Scientologist in question."

No mockery or fun being poked at, near or around you, Neo.

Yes, this is a valid point, however, then it would become just like CCHR's witch hunt, which tends to find very little creditable evidence of wrong doing.

I tend to think there is more seeking of peoples experiences in general with regards to Scientology. Well, there is at this message board. It just so happens that a lot of it is bad. But some of it is good too. People have expressed so, and should have the right to express so. No point in denying your own experiences.

Besides, with regards to seeking peoples bad experiences with Scientology, there is no need to make anything up, just seek the truth.

BTW - I didn't take it to be mockery or poking of fun. Not that that is always a bad thing.

Neo

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I honestly think that is a mis-understanding on the part of many Scientologists. As I stated in another thread, I do think Hubbard, when referring to "psychs", was referring to the Ewen Camerons (this guy was a fucking maniacal beast, imho), Josef Mengeles and Walter Freemans.

Is there any evidence for that? Hubbard didn't seem to have a problem pointing out the error when he had been broadly misunderstood. I don't recall him EVER saying it was only the "bad" psychs he was raving on about and the "good" psychs were OK.

Paul

Björkist

Silver Meritorious Patron
Is there any evidence for that? Hubbard didn't seem to have a problem pointing out the error when he had been broadly misunderstood. I don't recall him EVER saying it was only the "bad" psychs he was raving on about and the "good" psychs were OK.

Paul

Just stating that that's my interpretation of it.

I can't provide a reference or anything. :blush:

Similar to me, several weeks ago, being lambasted for not being able to provide a reference (although demanded by some) to support what I clearly stated was my opinion about an SP, aberrative personality, and merchant of chaos being different names for the same wavelength manifestation.

Just my humble opinion. Nothing more, nothing less.