What's new

CCHR Useless in Crisis

:newhere:

Hola, I'm fairly new around here, and I have to remain anonymous, but I'm glad this forum exists.

So, I just wanted to share this story, because even though it happened years ago, it still makes me angry.

I was dating a fellow at the time. This fellow had a sister who was in a relationship with a guy who was on psychiatric meds. Let's call the guy on meds "John." I'll never know whether it was an underlying condition, his meds, or some combination thereof, but John basically had a violent psychotic break one evening - he was shouting, hallucinating, and went after the sister with a knife. The police ended up taking him away to a psych facility.

The guy I was dating called me to both a) share the story and talk about it, and b) ask for my advice. I had already told him my concerns about psych meds (which have since changed considerably, but I digress), and I told him that I feared John was in danger being in a psych facility.

My first thought was to contact CCHR for guidance about how to protect John's rights and how to prevent him from being locked up in a psych ward long-term. I told the guy I was dating about how awesome and caring Scientologists are, and how this group would surely be happy to help John. So I called CCHR.

And this is where one of my biggest ARC breaks with Scientology occurred.

The person on the other end of the line didn't have any guidance to offer - nothing, nada, zip, zilch, zero. In fact, the longer I talked to her, the more evident it became that she very clearly COULDN'T CARE LESS about the person I was trying to help. She was annoyed that I was bothering her. With a real life case. Of the exact thing she had supposedly devoted her career to helping.

What. The. Hell. ?!?!?!?!??! :flames:

Sadly, over time, the pattern became clear - for all of Scientology's talk about human rights, and existing to help people, and achieving supposed wins all over the world, in many cases, it was all just a bunch of hot air. Not only did they not have any practical suggestions to offer for real life situations*, they made it pretty clear that they thought anyone stupid enough to need their help was too stupid to deserve any of their attention or help. I had also noticed this while I was on staff in the SO. Supposedly all of these people had signed up to "save the planet," but as best as I could tell, most of them thought the planet was populated by a bunch of degenerates who didn't deserve their attention, much less their help. I mean, how does that even make any sense?!?

* I have a relative who is married to a violent abuser. The church doesn't offer any meaningful resources to abuse victims, such as shelter, safety planning, legal guidance, etc., but they simultaneously forbid the support of organizations that DO offer these resources because those organizations typically employ psychologists who offer counseling to battered women.

Over 1000 women are murdered every year in the U.S. by partners, and Scientology's answer is to offer NO answer, and to simultaneously forbid the support of groups who LITERALLY SAVE LIVES. And I would personally love the opportunity to dress down any a*hole who wants to condescendingly tell an abuse victim that "she must have done something to pull it in." In this regard, I think Scientologists have mastered the art of victim blaming. I recently did a fundraiser for a domestic violence agency, in honor of my relative, and my Scientologist friends flat out refused to donate because the group collaborates with social workers who offer counseling. I find this kind of narrow-mindedness morally reprehensible, and it's a great example of why I find it increasingly difficult to respect the people in the church who haven't realized yet that they are part of a pseudo-cult.

And while I'm on this arc, I also recall my local Scientology chiropractor being ordered by the church to stop practicing. He was practicing a cutting edge form of energy analysis that was having amazing results with his patients. Apparently this threatened Scientology's bottom line, because they threatened him to the point that he gave up his practice. The logic was that he was practicing non-Scientology. WHAT?!?!?!? HOW INSANE IS THAT?!?!? What's next, not being allowed to go to any doctor, anywhere, but instead being forced to use Scientology tools, and being blamed if you don't get better when auditing/conditions/being-yelled-at/etc. doesn't cure your [insert random medical condition here]??!?!?!?!?! :duh:

It's all just mind-bogglingly screwed up, and I don't understand how so many people accept it. I realize it's like the boiling frog analogy, but COME ON!!!

Okay. That's all for now. I needed to get that out of my system. Thanks for reading!

:newhere:

Hola, I'm fairly new around here, and I have to remain anonymous, but I'm glad this forum exists.

So, I just wanted to share this story, because even though it happened years ago, it still makes me angry.

I was dating a fellow at the time. This fellow had a sister who was in a relationship with a guy who was on psychiatric meds. Let's call the guy on meds "John." I'll never know whether it was an underlying condition, his meds, or some combination thereof, but John basically had a violent psychotic break one evening - he was shouting, hallucinating, and went after the sister with a knife. The police ended up taking him away to a psych facility.

The guy I was dating called me to both a) share the story and talk about it, and b) ask for my advice. I had already told him my concerns about psych meds (which have since changed considerably, but I digress), and I told him that I feared John was in danger being in a psych facility.

My first thought was to contact CCHR for guidance about how to protect John's rights and how to prevent him from being locked up in a psych ward long-term. I told the guy I was dating about how awesome and caring Scientologists are, and how this group would surely be happy to help John. So I called CCHR.

And this is where one of my biggest ARC breaks with Scientology occurred.

The person on the other end of the line didn't have any guidance to offer - nothing, nada, zip, zilch, zero. In fact, the longer I talked to her, the more evident it became that she very clearly COULDN'T CARE LESS about the person I was trying to help. She was annoyed that I was bothering her. With a real life case. Of the exact thing she had supposedly devoted her career to helping.

Sadly, over time, the pattern became clear - for all of Scientology's talk about human rights, and existing to help people, and achieving supposed wins all over the world, in many cases, it was all just a bunch of hot air. Not only did they not have any practical suggestions to offer for real life situations*, they made it pretty clear that they thought anyone stupid enough to need their help was too stupid to deserve any of their attention or help. I had also noticed this while I was on staff in the SO. Supposedly all of these people had signed up to "save the planet," but as best as I could tell, most of them thought the planet was populated by a bunch of degenerates who didn't deserve their attention, much less their help. I mean, how does that even make any sense?!?

* I have a relative who is married to a violent abuser. The church doesn't offer any meaningful resources to abuse victims, such as shelter, safety planning, legal guidance, etc., but they simultaneously forbid the support of organizations that DO offer these resources because those organizations typically employ psychologists who offer counseling to battered women.

Over 1000 women are murdered every year in the U.S. by partners, and Scientology's answer is to offer NO answer, and to simultaneously forbid the support of groups who LITERALLY SAVE LIVES. And I would personally love the opportunity to dress down any a*hole who wants to condescendingly tell an abuse victim that "she must have done something to pull it in." In this regard, I think Scientologists have mastered the art of victim blaming. I recently did a fundraiser for a domestic violence agency, in honor of my relative, and my Scientologist friends flat out refused to donate because the group collaborates with social workers who offer counseling. I find this kind of narrow-mindedness morally reprehensible, and it's a great example of why I find it increasingly difficult to respect the people in the church who haven't realized yet that they are part of a pseudo-cult.

And while I'm on this arc, I also recall my local Scientology chiropractor being ordered by the church to stop practicing. He was practicing a cutting edge form of energy analysis that was having amazing results with his patients. Apparently this threatened Scientology's bottom line, because they threatened him to the point that he gave up his practice. The logic was that he was practicing non-Scientology. WHAT?!?!?!? HOW INSANE IS THAT?!?!? What's next, not being allowed to go to any doctor, anywhere, but instead being forced to use Scientology tools, and being blamed if you don't get better when auditing/conditions/being-yelled-at/etc. doesn't cure your [insert random medical condition here]??!?!?!?!?! :duh:

It's all just mind-bogglingly screwed up, and I don't understand how so many people accept it. I realize it's like the boiling frog analogy, but COME ON!!!

Okay. That's all for now. I needed to get that out of my system. Thanks for reading!
Thanks for writing, White Rabbit. It's always a joy to read a post from someone coming out of the spell. CCHR never has made any sense... they blindly follow an LRH policy of hate, that can be only attributed to his own overts on the field to begin with. Can you imagine back in the 49s and 50s all the lies and cons he had to tell these professional shrinks about how his way is the only way, and the rest of them were nuts? He needed to villify his competition and make them seem useless and harmful, but did it by allegations and lies... the first era of Black PR and fair game was with the psychs. Granted, some of their surgeries were a bit looney, but to condemn the entire field of "talk therapy" which is what counseling is, is truly the looney approach. He could have made them true believers of a lot of his insight, and brought them onboard, but not the paranoid Mr. Hubbard... er... Dr. Hubbard, L Ron Hubbard PhD, DD, etc.
Welcome aboard. Come on in. The water's nice.:thumbsup:

OMG, you have no idea (well, then again maybe you do, given the setting, haha) how refreshing it is to be able to write all of that and not get attacked!

Also, this:

Granted, some of their surgeries were a bit looney, but to condemn the entire field of "talk therapy" which is what counseling is, is truly the looney approach.

Lobotomies are insane, but to equate them to talk therapy and wholesale dismiss both of them is arguably just as insane - yet that's what Scientologists do without a second thought!

I actually started talk therapy a while back, and it has been tremendously helpful. I experienced child abuse growing up, including extreme violence and credible death threats - really, really bad stuff.

When I sought help from Scientology with this, they acted like the abuse was no big deal (?!?!?!) and judged me as "down-tone." They were so unbelievably glib and robotic, they couldn't understand that IT MADE SENSE for a teenager living in a domestic war zone and couch-surfing to remain safe to feel a bit scared/depressed/anxious at times. If anything, I was amazingly up-tone, given my circumstances!! I ended up moving out on my own and building an awesome life for myself. But the fact that I occasionally needed to talk to someone safe and let my emotions out - well, that clearly meant that there was something extremely wrong with me, according to Scientology. Because, apparently, according to them, an "up-tone" CHILD (I was a child, ferchrissakes!!) would be happy and cheerful about getting the daylights knocked out of them on a regular basis just because dad's in a bad mood. Oh, and that thing where dad keeps threatening to kill the whole family? Yeah, he's just trying to be funny!! No reason to get upset at all! :angry: Yes, those jerks actually treated me like there was something wrong with ME. I now understand that, not only did they not help me by doing that, they compounded the trauma I had experienced - they did the OPPOSITE of helping. Child abuse victims already feel tremendous shame about themselves - Scientology then added a layer of shame by faulting me for having a normal human reaction to being beaten and threatened by my caregivers on a regular basis.

Oh, man... I could write all night...

I feel so bad for the people trapped on the inside. Some are perpetrators who are fine with abusing others (shudder), and I have zero interest in aiding those people, but many of them are genuinely good people being exploited by the organization, and they deserve a path out.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Welcome White Rabbit ... CCHR was only ever set up for the 'PR area control' it's supposed to achieve which is also meant to create a 'need' for scientology and make it well thought of.

Nobody genuinely gives a toss about the people that go there for assistance ... once they have agreed to do an affidavit with a staff member (hopefully slamming the psychs) and have done one, they are summarily flicked straight out the door, job done ... next loser, come on through.

CCHR is just another soulless scientology org full of snarling 'execs' yelling for stats, it's sickening. Many of the staff (volunteers and almost always scientologists) are absolutely genuine when they join but would have to be fairly dim not to realise the real purpose of the place within a very short time and run ... but to do so would (of course) create problems and their 'eternity' would suddenly be at risk within the cofs.

:whistling:

Welcome White Rabbit ... CCHR was only ever set up for the 'PR area control' it's supposed to achieve which is also meant to create a 'need' for scientology and make it well thought of...

Thanks, and yes, this makes sense.

I noticed something similar when I visited one of the LRH Houses. It really came off as a (poorly devised) PR front. I'm an activist at heart, so I inevitably got excited and started asking more specific questions about actions that I could get involved in. At the time, I couldn't figure out why they didn't want my help. Nowadays I realize there wasn't really much of anything to help WITH, but they couldn't very well admit that after filling my head with all of the wonderful things they're supposedly busy doing and accomplishing. I remember the woman at that LRH House just seeming - exhausted. Even more exhausted than the average SO member.

Speaking of which, the LRH Houses are staffed by SO members, which seemed unnecessary to me back in the day, but now I realize that it would be far too easy for a non-SO member to realize the scam, blow, and talk to others. It's much easier to control SO members and prevent such a blow.

One of the awesome people I was on staff with years ago is currently posted at an LRH House. Maybe it will help him to finally see through the facade and break free. He was super bright, but sadly (in this context), he was also loyal to a fault. I suppose I can still hold out hope!

(Ben Davis
- if you ever read this, I would love to hear from you!!! :hug:)

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi White Rabbit,

Welcome to ESMB! :)

If you feel like you could write all night - and you can - do it! Let it rip! :)

I am ex-CCHR. You have made very accurate observations. It is a group hidden beneath the "world domination" agenda of the cult of scientology, hidden behind the "human rights" cloaking (my blood pressure is rising).

I am yet to untangle a lot of what I was involved in with CCHR - it is a mind-fuck. The way CCHR lures in "psych victims" and just uses them for an agenda, never revealed to the individual, still manages to make me feel "dirty".

Great to have you here. :)

Sindy

Crusader
images

So glad you are here! Keep talkin' :) :hug:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Not only did they not have any practical suggestions to offer for real life situations*, they made it pretty clear that they thought anyone stupid enough to need their help was too stupid to deserve any of their attention or help. I had also noticed this while I was on staff in the SO. Supposedly all of these people had signed up to "save the planet," but as best as I could tell, most of them thought the planet was populated by a bunch of degenerates who didn't deserve their attention, much less their help. I mean, how does that even make any sense?!?

Keep talking White Rabbit! I want to see how deep that rabbit hole really goes! And you're doing great leading the way. :thumbsup:

The part I just bolded brought back some memories of my brief time in the Sea Org and I realized that that was the attitude that I was developing back then. And it certainly makes no sense whatsoever. It did to me at the time though. And that just goes to show how ones values can be warped so badly in that type of insane environment that one can come to feel disdain for those people who we are supposed to be helping in the first place.

:hmm:

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome, White Rabbit, and thanks for all you've added to the forum! A comment you made about abused children "clicked" for me... as well as all the rest.

Now, I have questions: LRH House? What IS that? Can you tell us more about what is an "LRH House," what is the supposed reason for it, what goes on within one? I can't remember this subject ever being discussed here on ESMB, and I'm wildly curious!

Thanks!

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

Sadly, over time, the pattern became clear - for all of Scientology's talk about human rights, and existing to help people, and achieving supposed wins all over the world, in many cases, it was all just a bunch of hot air.

-snip-

Welcome to ESMB, White Rabbit.

I pasted together some items which might provide some background.

From Hubbard's 'Excalibur' letter of 1938:

"Living is a pretty grim joke, but a joke just the same. The entire function of man is to survive. Not for 'what' [any ideal] but just to survive... I turned the thing up [the 'dynamic principle of existence: Survive!'], so it's up to me to survive in a big way.

"Personal immortality is only to be gained through the printed word, barred note, or painted canvas or hard granite [or stainless steel]. Foolishly perhaps, but determined none the less, I have high hopes of smashing my name into history so violently that it will take a legendary form even if all the books are destroyed. That goal is the real goal [hidden agenda] as far as I am concerned. Things which stand too consistently in my way make me nervous.

"It's a pretty big job. In a hundred years Roosevelt will have been forgotten - which gives some idea of the magnitude of my attempt...

"Psychiatrists, reaching the high of the dusty desk, tell us that Genghis Khan, Napoleon, and Alexander were madmen. I know they're maligning some very intelligent gentlemen...

"I can make Napoleon look like a punk..."

Yet, Hubbard, while despising and distrusting psychologists and psychiatrists, saw himself as a master of psychology.

From Hubbard's 1946 (to himself) 'Affirmations':

"Your writing has a deep hypnotic effect on people and they are always pleased with what you write...

"Your psychology is advanced and true and wonderful. It hypnotizes people. It predicts their emotions, for you are their ruler."

Insincerity and "lip service" seem to have been an issue in Scientology, even back in Dianetics days.

In October 1950, Dr. J. A. Winter, who had written the 'Introduction' to 'Dianetics, The Modern Science of Mental Health', resigned in protest from the Hubbard Dianetic Foundation. He described the ideals presented by Hubbard as "lip service."

In March of 1951, John Campbell, publisher of 'Astounding Science Fiction', also resigned in protest against the "cult" of Dianetics.

Meanwhile, Hubbard was busy writing letters to the FBI describing many of his former Dianetic associates as communists and communist sympathizers.

Hubbard was soon to write the book 'Science of Survival', where he would present the Hubbard Chart of Human Evaluation and Tone Scale. One little twist that Hubbard included was that placement of the person on the Tone Scale could be easily ascertained by noting the person's opinion of Dianetics, the Hubbard Chart of Human Evaluation, and the book 'Science of Survival', and, of course, its author.

Wrote Hubbard in 'Science of Survival' of 1951:

Those chronically below 2.0 on the Tone Scale - which would include those who don't appreciate his teachings - should have "no rights of any kind," and, ideally, be "disposed of quietly and without sorrow," or at least be quarantined or isolated from society.

This was an early expression of what, in the 1960s, would become known as Disconnection and Fair Game.

According to Hubbard, his teachings - Dianetics and Scientology - were so true, and so powerful, that any kind of "attack" on them could be extremely dangerous for the attacker.

From the Hubbard's 'HCO Manual of Justice' of 1959:

"Dianetics and Scientology are self-protecting sciences. If one attacks them one attacks all the know-how of the mind. It caves in the bank. It's gruesome sometimes.

"At this instance there are men hiding in terror on Earth because they found out what they were attacking. There are men dead because they attacked us - for instance Dr. Joe Winter [wrote Introduction to 'DMSMH', and the book, 'A Doctor's Report on Dianetics' with an Introduction by Fritz Perls]. He simply realized what he did and died. There are men bankrupt because they attacked us - [Don] Purcell, Ridgeway, [publisher of 'DMSMH'] Ceppos."

Hubbard even gloated over the assassination of John F. Kennedy in his 1966 PR piece, 'What is Greatness?', blaming Kennedy for the early 1960s FDA e-meter raid, on the Washington, DC org. The message, essentially, was that Kennedy had "pulled in" his own assassination by attacking Scientology.

Despite the idea that the universe itself would destroy "attackers" - without any action by Hubbard or his followers - Hubbard was still preoccupied with "attacking the attackers," and almost anything could be regarded as an "attack." This had been Hubbard "philosophy" since even before 1950.

However, it wasn't until 1955, in his 'Manual on Dissemination of Material', that Hubbard began instructing Scientologists on such things as "attacking" and "ruining utterly."

And his instructions in this area continued, with Hubbard developing special "tech" for various forms of attacking, overwhelming, dominating, influencing, deceiving, and manipulating.

Much of this "tech" was directed at outsiders ("wogs") and at former members of Scientology who "squirreled," but much of it - in various forms - was also directed at members of Scientology in good standing.

A question from Hubbard's Security Check for Scientologists of 1961:

"Have you ever had unkind thoughts about L. Ron Hubbard?"

Hubbard remained concerned with what he called "SPs," and wrote extensively on the subject. He wrote in 'Discipline. SPs and Admin' in 1969:

"I am not interested in wog morality... I can make Captain Bligh look like a Sunday School teacher."

Excerpt from the 1960 'Department of Government Affairs' by L. Ron Hubbard:

"If attacked on some vulnerable point by anyone or anything or any organization, always find or manufacture enough threat against them to get them to sue for peace...

"The goal of the Department [of Government Affairs, renamed Guardians Office, renamed Office of Special Affairs] is to bring the government and hostile philosophies or societies into a state of complete compliance... This is done by high level ability to control and in its absence by low level ability to overwhelm. Introvert such agencies. Control such agencies..."

In the late 1960s, Hubbard wrote about "taking over political guidance" by "taking over absolutely the field of mental healing."

Those who were in a position to decide (and police) who is to be classified as "sane" or classified as "insane," and who had control over "mental healing," would rule, so the idea went.

And From an LRH Executive Directive of 24 November 1968:

"We're going to take over mental hospitals and political guidance and the whole field of mental healing [which includes criminal rehabilitation] It may take us years, but we've got the years. We've got the tech..."

And finally, from Hubbard's 1969 'Intelligence Actions, Covert Intelligence Data Collection':

"...take over absolutely the field of mental healing on this planet in all its forms...

"Our total victory [over the 'psychs' and 'wogs'] will come when we run his organizations, perform his functions, and obtain his financing and appropriations."

Travelling back in time to the 1950s, finds Hubbard again concerned with psychiatrists:

'PABs' were precursors of HCOBs. This is from a 'Professional Auditors Bulletin' of 30 September 1955:

I could tell you about long strings of psychotics run in on the Foundation and the Association, sent in to us by psychiatrists who then, using LSD and pain-drug-hypnosis, spun them and told everyone that Dianetics and Scientology drove people insane. I could tell you about the strange politics and ambitions of psychiatry, so well covered in the book Psychopolitics [Note: Hubbard's hoax Russian textbook, which he had just secretly authored and was not yet published], and give you a proper riddle as to why we, a small group, the only ANGLO-SAXON DEVELOPMENT IN THE FIELD OF THE MIND AND SPIRIT[sic], have been subjected to so much attack and finance... But I am not telling you stories or being dramatic. I am inviting your cooperation in your own future security...

As for dealing with those whose behavior became erratic or an embarrassment after Scientology processing, Hubbard wrote, in the same 'PAB':

You'll find the family physician or psychiatrist was called in midway in processing... You'll find there is a vested interest somewhere in the insanity of the person. An so testify that you suspect it. We will have on hand lots of literature on LSD...

And it went on and on, until one day in 1973 when Hubbard made an announcement.

THE TECHNICAL BREAKTHROUGH OF 1973!
THE INTROSPECTION RD

I have made a technical breakthrough which possibly ranks with the major discoveries of the twentieth century. It is certainly the greatest achievement of 1973 and is now being released after a final write-up of the research. It is called the Introspection Rundown.

In 1970 the actual cause of PSYCHOSIS was isolated... In the ensuing years this has been proven beyond doubt to be correct.

But what is a psychotic break?

Man has never been able to solve the psychotic break. In fact, human beings are actually afraid of a person in a psychotic break and in desperation turn to psychiatry to handle.

[And here Hubbard goes on about psychiatry, ice picks, electric shocks, etc., then...]

THIS MEANS THE LAST REASON TO HAVE PSYCHIATRY AROUND IS GONE.

[Then there are the steps of the RD, and the HCOB ends with...]

THIS PLANET IS OURS.

[Then there's the HCOB of February 1974, titled...]

INTROSPECTION RD
ADDITIONAL STEPS​

ISOLATION​

In a person in a psychotic break, it is necessary to isolate them for them to destimulate and to protect them and others from possible damage...

There comes a point where the C/S must decide to release the person from isolation. To do this the C/S must know if the person can take responsibility for his actions...

The C/S's action is a direct comm line to the person by notes. The person is provided with paper and pen to reply. The C/S must determine the person's responsibility level. Example: "Dear Joe. What can you guarantee me if you are let out of isolation?"... "Dear Joe. I'm sorry but no go on coming out of isolation yet. Your actions threatened the survival of hundreds of people indirectly and 6 families directly by burning down their houses. You are unaware of the effects this could have had and still only concerned about your own welfare. You must hate the human race quite a bit."

[This eventually leads to the cognition...]

"But, but, I never meant to threaten others' survival. I just wanted to burn down their houses because I like fires. Gosh, I didn't mean it. I don't hate the human race. Oh, I really don't hate the human race."

But Hubbard didn't stop there. He continued making discoveries about psychiatrists even while doing his advanced upper level research in the early 1980s.

HCO BULLETIN OF 26 AUGUST 1982

PAIN AND SEX

...Despite the false data of Freud, psychologists, psychiatrists and other criminals, they are not native to a being. They are only artificial wavelengths. They have exact frequencies that can be manufactured. A being or a machine can synthesize either one.

Destructive creatures who do not want people big or reaching—since they are terrified of punishment due to their crimes—invented pain and sex to shrink people and cut their alertness, knowingness, power and reach...

These are data which emerged from recent thorough research of the whole track. This is not theory or some strange opinion. It is provable electronic fact...

And there's lots more, but this was just a sampling. :)

And, in honor of your moniker, White Rabbit, some music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oRKvpZ7PjE

Veda

Sponsor
Almost forgot :), re. the origin of the CCHR:

From Ron's Journal 68 :

..."And the general attack line is along the lines of human rights, human rights.

"Now I'll give you a clue now how this is handled, somebody comes up to you he's hostile person - he's hostile to Scientology and he says to you, he says, 'na na na na', and you say why are you against human rights and then if you know anything about Human Rights like the universal declaration of human rights, United Nations - that sort of thing, you know something about this subject you just follow it right straight up, total attack, in other words you don't defend Scientology, you just attack along this line of human rights...

"Whereas an attack on Scientology is actually an attack on human rights - anyone making an attack on Scientology is an attack on human rights...

"Now actually what will happen, what will happen really is each time Scientology is attacked we will build into society if all of you do this, we'll build into the society an actual stimulus response mechanism, whereas an attack on Scientology is actually an attack on human rights..."

Shortly after this RJ '68 was released, the Citizens Commission on Human Rights was started.

Anonycat

Crusader
A couple excerpts from: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?ubs5u5tlbwm97pm

In the early ‘70s the bottom was found with the discoveries of exactly what psychosis was and the development of processes to handle it. This was outside the scope of organizations at the time and is not in general use; but it did finalize the task of undercutting low enough to include all spiritual and mental materials, then, within the subject of Scientology, in a state of applicability.

(practice medicine with out a license? Yes, the cult does.)

Within the same civilization, many other subjects than Scientology exist. Many of these other subjects are in a very primitive state while pretending a very advanced position. Psychiatry and Psychology are a pair of these.

Their pretenses, inhumanities and even cruelties muddy up the field of the spirit and mind. Because they produce negative or even damaging results and because they were “authority” before Scientology began to guide the field toward saner and more civilized levels, Scientology’s task of handling the public is made far more difficult than if the public had not been so harmed and made suspicious of the field of the mind. Yet the most mind-wrenching problems Psychiatry and Psychology practitioners think they have (they have not confronted the real ones) give way before the lowest most pedestrian levels of Scientology.

(Gather around the cult leader for wild misinformation!)

There is an amusing story of a Scientologist who attended a social meeting of Psychiatrists and Psychologists and listened to them for a while as they moaned about their patients and their own cases and then, being compassionate, began to explain to them in a sort of technical baby talk the nature and resolution of these “vast” “unsolvable” “problems”. As he took no offense at their ignorant arrogance which first greeted him and as he did seem to have a grasp of their troubles, they kept him up until four AM going over their “problems” in detail and gave him more and more absorbed attention and began to cognite (sic).

They were very tame and very respectful when he left, certain they had heard the guru of all time: and this is amusing because he was not a trained auditor in any sense of the word and had only read a few Scientology books! Yet to them he was their dean as a professional by comparative and sensible knowledge.

Anonycat

Crusader
A broken ankle fixed! So it's not just cancer and leukemia and stuff!

A recent example of this occurred when a preclear broke her ankle and was given medical treatment. Naturally the org was anxious to get on with her program of processing and the ankle injury was in the way. After weeks in medical hands with the ankle getting worse, the engram of the injury was run out, the ankle got well and the person was again being routinely processed a few days later. The auditor could be said to have been engaged in healing. All he was doing was getting a body difficulty out of his road so he could get on with it.

Ron said that total replacement of some doctors is not required:

But this is no reason why Scientology would make any effort to replace the medical doctor since he has considerable value in the mechanics of bones and structural matters. The only place he falls down is in handling general illnesses, especially of a chronic nature.

Awesome, cholesterol is cool! Thanks, Ron!

For instance there are books and books and books out currently, by M.D.s and others who should have done their homework, inveighing against “cholesterol”: This is a biochemical composition of animal oils and fats. They say it gets into the arteries and causes strokes and heart attacks.

Well, that is all very well. But did you also know that every glandular secretion in the body, the secretions which keep one young and functioning are ALL made by the glands from cholesterol? If people do not take in cholesterol bearing foods they, by simple logic, could be seen to rapidly age and die. What’s wanted is the knowledge of how to keep cholesterol controlled not how to take everyone off cholesterol. One would think the American Medical Association owned shares in undertaking parlors.

Ho Tai

Patron Meritorious
$cientology: Making the able (to obtain $$) more able (to give them $$). Screw everyone else.

WR, Welcome to ESMB!

yeah...

it's enough to gag a maggot innit?

GBS said "christianity is a marvelous idea! it's a shame no one ever tried it"

he might say the same of scientology

Oh wow, thank you for all of the warm welcomes!!! :thankyou:

I can't find the words to articulate just how awesome it feels to FINALLY express my thoughts after holding them in for several years! Since words fail me, I'll offer a graphic of the emotion I'm feeling right now:
:party:

I'm so glad we have the Internet to be able to connect and share our thoughts and experiences. Can you believe that a small part of me was STILL worried about backlash to my comments?! Geez. That stuff sinks in and is really hard to shake!!

I will reply to each of you just as soon as I can, and I have many more thoughts to share over time.

Virtual hugs all around!!