What's new

CCHR

RogerB

Crusader
Udarnik, A "Trade mark is not a Patient", years ago in NZ about 81 I did a Business Course , The very Young Tutor,One day confessed that he and a few mates had registered nearly every overseas successful Name that wasn,t operating in NZ yet. And Promptly got in early,
I thought what a scam, but a very expensive one ,Never seen him since , To find out if it worked , or was it a dream or the usual BS that he came up with. ........ Granitt

Well, wigee . . . . look at the fortunes that have been made by guys doing exactly that in the realm of internet domain names . . .

I know guys who have secured and made $millions per name! Now, what the stats are relative to grabbing a name of an overseas international company are in the .com business, I don't have direct figures.

I do know some played that game and held international corps "to ransom" . . . and it got so bad that the internic registrar brought out rules to prevent it. :yes::yes:

The $$millions I refer to above has been made per name dreamed up as being a name that is so generic that peeps in the business referred to by that generic name would pay highly to secure it . . . and the guy sold it to them.

R

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, wigee . . . . look at the fortunes that have been made by guys doing exactly that in the realm of internet domain names . . .

I know guys who have secured and made $millions per name! Now, what the stats are relative to grabbing a name of an overseas international company are in the .com business, I don't have direct figures.

I do know some played that game and held international corps "to ransom" . . . and it got so bad that the internic registrar brought out rules to prevent it. :yes::yes:

The $$millions I refer to above has been made per name dreamed up as being a name that is so generic that peeps in the business referred to by that generic name would pay highly to secure it . . . and the guy sold it to them.

R

I'm pretty sure that was the game, here, and there was no interaction between the Co$ and any of the Pharma companies.

prosecco

Patron Meritorious
Furthermore, in their marketing and sales, I think Pharma acts badly by pushing psych meds for temporary conditions such as divorce or death of a loved one that should not be medicated. But for major depressive disorder, what, besides an SSRI or and SNRI would you use? Electroshock? Lobotomy? There are some old meds called tricyclic antidepressants with horrible side effects. Want to go back to those? What, exactly, is in a psych's armamentarium besides drugs? Because they use what's really the only tools at their disposal, doesn't mean they're brainwashed.

Now a psychologist? They are there to help you talk through things. For real, chronic, medical conditions, a wise patient consults both, and like EC, determines - with their doctor's advice - when and if it's appropriate to titrate down the dosage or go off altogether.

I have always HATED the term, 'psych drug' as it's an emotive, needless connotation. A drug is a drug, while obviously taking reasonable precautions when operating machinery if the drug prescribed might affect your responses. But a friend was taking a beta blocker for a heart condition, angina, I think, and another was a beta blocker for depression. Same drug, different reasons.

Intelligence

Silver Meritorious Patron
http://www.examiner.com/article/sci...-leads-to-suffering-and-death?cid=db_articles

Scientology’s anti-psychiatry dogma leads to suffering and death

Published Feb 2, 2015 by Cult Examiner: "Today, Feb. 2, 2015, we once again read of a, “shocking case of Scientology mistreatment of the mentally ill” published by Tony Ortega on ‘The Underground Bunker’. (...) "The Church of Scientology’s dictatorial control over its adherents is not just deeply disturbing—it’s also immoral and dangerous. Brainwashed by their religion, Scientologists seem to lose concept of the boundary separating right from wrong."

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have always HATED the term, 'psych drug' as it's an emotive, needless connotation. A drug is a drug, while obviously taking reasonable precautions when operating machinery if the drug prescribed might affect your responses. But a friend was taking a beta blocker for a heart condition, angina, I think, and another was a beta blocker for depression. Same drug, different reasons.

I use it in the same way I use DMARD "Disease Modifying Anti-Rheumatic Drug" - as a class signifier. But I can see where someone on the outside sees a whole lot more baggage in the term. :yes:

Yes, incompetence exists in any field or practice. The difference between medicine and most others is that there is a STRONG profit motive to prescribe drugs. Pharmaceutical companies start courting (indoctrinating) future M.D.'s while they are still in med school. This occurs to such an extent that there is a "No Free Lunch" organization to make med school students aware of the unethical practices of the pharmaceutical industry. The American Medical Student Association (AMSA) also offers instruction on how to ethically deal with the pharmaceutical industry.

The pharmaceutical industry is the top spender on U.S. lobbying efforts. Their salesmen pitch their wares directly to medical schools and doctor's offices. With Direct-to-Consumer Pharmaceutical Advertising, this industry also encourages patients to ask their doctor for drugs before the patient has even been diagnosed.

The pharmaceutical industry is NOT promoting evidence based medicine as advocated by the AMSA: "Our vision for the practice of medicine is that it is simply based on evidence, not marketing, personal gain, or any interest other than that of the patient." (AMSA's educational efforts have born some fruit, as evidenced by their scorecard for Conflict of Interest Policies at Academic Medical Centers.)

Given the serious and extensive reform efforts of organizations such as No Free Lunch and the AMSA, CCHR's efforts are laughable and seem to discredit legitimate reform efforts.

the difference between a doctor's mistake an someone else's mistake is doctor get to bury their mistakes

Intelligence

I don't know if this post belongs on CCHR or the Psychotic Breaks Thread?

So, I'll just drop it here - the Story is related to both Threads:

http://www.examiner.com/article/sci...-darkness-after-son-shot-dead?cid=db_articles

Scientology – Mom says Dad revealed his heart of darkness after Son shot dead

Published Feb. 2, 2015 by Cult Examiner:

Published, Feb. 1, 2015, Victoria Brennan explains in detail how she is taken back, not able to understand the unfeeling behavior of Kyle’s biological father, Tom Brennan, a practicing Scientologist in Clearwater, Florida. Tom's “lack of caring, his seeming lack of emotion, went far beyond the boundaries of normalcy.” Many news stories and articles have been published about the tragic death of young, Kyle Brennan, but yesterday’s story was directed at the Dad.

Within hours of Kyle’s death, Kyle’s step-brother Scott contacted Tom Brennan by phone. Scott wanted to understand what had gone so horribly wrong in the last days of Kyle's life. But Tom was fooled by who was really calling him, in an apparent happy and jubilant mood of sorts.

Scott was immediately taken aback by how his step-father came across. Expecting him to be shaken, engulfed with grief, Scott was shocked when Tom Brennan answered the phone in a celebratory mood. Tom thought Scott was a different person, saying as he answered the call, “hey, Scott, how’s it going, what’s going on, buddy?

It’s of no concern to Scientologists who believe that the defining part of every human is his soul, or thetan. Each thetan is billions of years old, passing from one human life to the next through reincarnation. There is no judgment of the soul involved, and the process is automatic, without any necessary intervention through ritual, prayer or other means.

Victoria Britton, a Catholic, has vowed to keep her son, Kyle Brennan’s memory alive, and to press on seeking the truth about what really happened and who is responsible. “There are no words how to describe how a mother feels when she has lost a child. In many ways, I am able to cope by pretending he is still with us.”

MORE HERE:

http://www.examiner.com/article/sci...-darkness-after-son-shot-dead?cid=db_articles

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
the difference between a doctor's mistake an someone else's mistake is doctor get to bury their mistakes

Compare a doctor's mistake with that of a Scientology auditor:

If a doctor makes a serious mistake and is guilty of malpractice there's a system in place which would give the patient a chance at collecting compensation, plus the patient can file official complaints with medical boards, etc.

In contrast, if a Scientology auditor makes a mistake they would seek to charge the client for repair auditing despite the fact that it was their mistake. If the client was seriously harmed who would they see about being compensated for the damages they suffered?

RogerB

Crusader

Umm, I read a stat this morning on that very fact . . .

IGNORE everything you are told by regular doctors.
Doctors are the 3rd leading cause of death in the United States. 2014 numbers are between 210,000 and 440,000.
Most medicine practiced today is based off simplistic, biased advice centered on drug company profits, not preventative care in the true sense of the word.

That from one of my alternative medical guys . . .

Later in the report . . .

Doctors are the number one killer
*According to Dr Barbara Starfield, who prepared the report for
The Journal of the
American Medical Association
(JAMA is the largest and one of the most respected
medical journals in the entire world),
doctors are actually the number one killer
because they do not inform patients properly of the hazards of the procedures they
offer (why would they? The patient might have second thoughts and that would lose
income for the doctor!)
A fuller report of her findings are available in Appendix A, with significant references

And coincidentally . . . this morning's WSJ . . .

The Hospital Is No Place for a Heart Attack
A Group of 12 Institutions Are Working to Improve Survival Rates for In-Hospital Attack Patients
By RON WINSLOW

Feb. 2, 2015 6:37 p.m. ET

A hospital is a bad place to have a heart attack.
While cardiologists have made great strides speeding treatments to people who suffer a heart attack outside the hospital, scant attention has gone to patients already in the hospital for an unrelated medical problem who then have an attack. Recent studies suggest those patients are at least three times as likely to die before getting discharged as people who arrive at the emergency room after having a heart attack elsewhere.

Sayyittain'tsso!

Maybe the stats are better overseas than in the US??
/

RogerB

Crusader
On the issue of the fraud of "cholesterol" is the cause of heart disease, I got the attached info in an email (too long to copy-paste) last week.

It reiterated what I have already uploaded as a scanned image of a New York Times piece exposing the fraudulent science "a high fat diet, etc.," that led to this tripe, and again saw in the WSJ last month.

Here is the history of the scam . . . it costs a LOT of lives and misery.

Link:
http://www.alsearsmd.com/2015/01/th...-history-used-president-eisenhower-as-a-pawn/

On June 24, 1956, the American Heart Association broadcasted a show on the three major television networks. It presented a new theory on heart disease: that is was caused by cholesterol.

The major proponent of this theory was not a doctor or even a scientist. He was a little-known economist named Ancel Keys.

Keys called his theory the “lipid hypothesis.” The idea was that meat and eggs and butter were bad for you and should be replaced by corn oil, margarine, chicken and cold cereal.

Two weeks after the TV broadcast, the American Heart Association adopted the cholesterol theory of heart disease and later that year Ancel Keys ended up on the cover of Time Magazine as a health pioneer and hero.

There was one little problem. There was absolutely no science between Key’s idea, but it had plenty of powerful backers. Procter & Gamble for example quickly recognized it could make billions by selling vegetable oils in place of natural fat.

In the next 40 years, vegetable oil consumption more than tripled from just under three pounds per person per year to more than ten.

Snipped . . . (long dissertation)

Read all about it . . . and the cost to patients put on unnecessary statin drugs at the link
/

Boojuum

Supporting Roger's comment regarding fat and chlorestoral there's a fabulous book out which carefully disects the heart disease to fat connection.

The book:

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Fat-Surpr...F8&qid=1423007538&sr=8-1&keywords=big+fat+lie

The TED talk is pretty good but the book is fabulous. This book totally changed the way I regard doctors and medical science. The author tracks down about virtually any major study regarding high fat and low fat diets. She presents herself as a thorough and honest researcher. An excellent read. This is a bit off topic but it's a great book.

TED:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CHGiid6N9Q

If a doctor makes a serious mistake and is guilty of malpractice there's a system in place which would give the patient a chance at collecting compensation, plus the patient can file official complaints with medical boards, etc.

In contrast, if a Scientology auditor makes a mistake they would seek to charge the client for repair auditing despite the fact that it was their mistake. If the client was seriously harmed who would they see about being compensated for the damages they suffered?

esmb

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron

No, no, no. Justice and compensation is obtained in the REAL world, not from a message board on the internet. Because the cult allows zero checks and balances, and maintains a position of zero accountability from any external source, horrific abuses (yes these are very real within the cult) are gotten away with.

Scientology is a dangerous information controlling destructive system.

Lone Star

Crusader
When I was still in I was an enthusiastic supporter of CCHR. Oh I hated the psychs with the best of them. Even went up to the Capitol in Austin to help fight against "psych legislation".

Of course then as I woke up I found that most of the time CCHR greatly exaggerates and also just plain misrepresents what a lot of the bills they fight truly represent.

For example until a few years ago Austin was I think the only city of its size in the country that didn't have a system in place to provide a proper center for the police to take mentally disturbed arrestees. They would just have to take them to the Emergency Room. Which was very unworkable for obvious reasons. Unless you're a Scientologist, that is.

So when a bill was introduced to rectify this matter CCHR just went beserk. They said that it would give the cops the ability to just grab anyone off the street and "commit them". A Brave New World was just "around the corner" if this bill passed. They threw out all of the stops to fight it and defeat it. Thankfully it passed despite them. And of course all the bill did was give the police a valuable tool in dealing with the mentally ill.

And now CCHR Texas is rallying the troops for this Biennial Legislative Session. I haven't gone through the bill they are opposing because it is massive. But I can sense that CCHR is once again using hyperbole and probably outright falsehoods to make it sound like we are yet again at a most important crossroad in history.

In the past some of CCHR's biggest legislative allies have been very conservative members of both the Texas House and Senate. These members tend to also be very religious and so they tend to buy in to the "psychiatry can't be trusted" meme. I see one of the co-sponsors of this bill is one of the most religious and conservative Senators in Texas. So I'm betting that the provisions of this bill are far from "Orwellian". One thing that is good about the Texas government system is it's "Sunset Law". This bill is a result of a several year study by the Sunset Review Commission. I'm betting that it will do a lot of good in modernizing Texas' health and human services delivery. We need it, that's for sure.

(The Legiscan website is calling this a "moderate partisan bill" https://legiscan.com/TX/bill/SB219/2015)

A friend of mine told me yesterday that CCHR has a new giant billboard ad on the road from the Austin airport to downtown, where the Capitol is. I'm betting that this is to show the Legislators and Lobbyists who fly in that CCHR is bigger and more important than it actually is. Although I'll hand to them....in the past CCHR has had a lot of success in getting bills defeated. Perhaps those of us in Texas can contact our Senators and Reps to let them know who and what CCHR really is. :yes:

ImageProxy.mvc

Citizens Commission on Human Rights Texas
A Legislative Session Like No Other
We Need Your Boots on the Ground!

The Texas Legislative Session began on January 13[SUP]th[/SUP], and it promises to be a challenge. If you're reading this, you've probably faced legislative challenges before. You and your CCHR have helped to gain hard won protections for people who find themselves in contact with the mental health system. You've also headed off a great number of human rights catastrophes. You can count everything you've done as a preparation for this legislative session. Buy a new pair of sneakers because you're going to need them.

Here is why this session is different:

Usually, you are opposing or forwarding specific and well defined pieces of legislation. There are very few of those this year. You may not know this, but every so many years, State Agencies expire and have to be renewed in law. This triggers a set of reviews, hearings, and then massive, all encompassing legislation. The legislation generally encompasses every aspect of law that a particular agency touches on.

This time, all five Health and Human Services Agencies went through the Sunset Process. The result is a 2276 page bill that is a virtual "Christmas Tree." You could hang any amendment on it that you want to.
In short, this means that every gain you've ever contributed to, and every horrific bill you've ever stopped is on the table.

A short list could include: Child drugging, involuntary commitment, shock treatment, parental rights to refuse psych treatment, psychs in schools, emergency room detention, whether or not you can be court ordered to receive shock treatment. You name it, this bill can do it.

This bill could also be used to beef up protections but consider this:
We are dealing with 5 agencies and a third of the state budget. Any special interest you can name has a dog in this hunt. Occasionally we've looked at who lobbies for a particular interest represented in legislation.

Sometimes, between drug companies, the medical association, hospitals, psychs and the usual front groups there have potentially been as many as 200 people who lobbied for those interests and could be expected to be working in the background.

Because this legislation is so expansive there could be many, many more working in the background.
Because there is not a way to actually predict all the specific amendments that could come into play, it is going to take a massive education campaign to let your elected officials know what is important to the "folks back home."

A good start would be to look at those things you think are important about the right to refuse treatments, parental rights, your right to be informed about health and mental health issues. You may want to start with just one of these things.

You may want to include something about how the mental health system keeps growing and growing but we don't really see results.
Most legislators truly want to help. They are very responsive to calls for more funding and mental health treatment for children and other vulnerable populations. They are heavily educated by psychs and their front groups.

Really, though, legislators are regular people who share many of the same values we all do. Most of us really do believe in the sanctity of the family and the rights of parents to make decisions for their children.
Most of us deplore the idea of being detained anywhere or treated against our will. Most of us support the idea that children deserve to be loved, nurtured, and kept drug free.

Your legislator needs to be encouraged to look out for those values as they consider this monster of a bill. Maybe some of them need to be reminded that considering large bills that nobody can understand does not lead to good government.

Below, you'll find information on how to find and e-mail your Senator and your Rep. It's worth the time to send them a heart felt e-mail about your beliefs. The Sunset Bill was filed in the Senate and has a companion in the House. The bill numbers are SB219 and HB550.

Don't even get into any hateful generalities about psychiatry. Just push purpose. If there is some specific practice, like drugging, that you feel needs specific attention, then communicate that.

Mainly, just communicate like you are communicating to a friend. Maybe you are.
How to find out who your Senator and House Representive is. Go to http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/ In the section "Who Represents Me?" Type in your address and click Submit to find out who your Senator and Representative is. To Email Your Senator or Respesentative.
Senate Email: [email protected]
House Email: [email protected]

To send coorespondence by mail.
The Mailing Address for All Senators in Austin is:
P.O. Box 12068
Austin Texas 78711-2068

The Mailing Address for All Representatives in Austin is:
P.O. Box 2910
Austin Texas 78768-2910

For your convenience we have done this research for you. For help or questions, please call Debbie at CCHR Texas. 512-428-9840. Your help is appreciated and needed during this legislative session. If your contact information has changed recently please call CCHR as it is imperative we be able to contact you during this legislative session.

Thank you,

Debbie Convery
Public Outreach Executive
CCHR Texas
512-428-9840

elwood

Patron with Honors
When I was still in I was an enthusiastic supporter of CCHR. Oh I hated the psychs with the best of them. Even went up to the Capitol in Austin to help fight against "psych legislation".

Of course then as I woke up I found that most of the time CCHR greatly exaggerates and also just plain misrepresents what a lot of the bills they fight truly represent.

For example until a few years ago Austin was I think the only city of its size in the country that didn't have a system in place to provide a proper center for the police to take mentally disturbed arrestees. They would just have to take them to the Emergency Room. Which was very unworkable for obvious reasons. Unless you're a Scientologist, that is.

So when a bill was introduced to rectify this matter CCHR just went beserk. They said that it would give the cops the ability to just grab anyone off the street and "commit them". A Brave New World was just "around the corner" if this bill passed. They threw out all of the stops to fight it and defeat it. Thankfully it passed despite them. And of course all the bill did was give the police a valuable tool in dealing with the mentally ill.

And now CCHR Texas is rallying the troops for this Biennial Legislative Session. I haven't gone through the bill they are opposing because it is massive. But I can sense that CCHR is once again using hyperbole and probably outright falsehoods to make it sound like we are yet again at a most important crossroad in history.

In the past some of CCHR's biggest legislative allies have been very conservative members of both the Texas House and Senate. These members tend to also be very religious and so they tend to buy in to the "psychiatry can't be trusted" meme. I see one of the co-sponsors of this bill is one of the most religious and conservative Senators in Texas. So I'm betting that the provisions of this bill are far from "Orwellian". One thing that is good about the Texas government system is it's "Sunset Law". This bill is a result of a several year study by the Sunset Review Commission. I'm betting that it will do a lot of good in modernizing Texas' health and human services delivery. We need it, that's for sure.

(The Legiscan website is calling this a "moderate partisan bill" https://legiscan.com/TX/bill/SB219/2015)

A friend of mine told me yesterday that CCHR has a new giant billboard ad on the road from the Austin airport to downtown, where the Capitol is. I'm betting that this is to show the Legislators and Lobbyists who fly in that CCHR is bigger and more important than it actually is. Although I'll hand to them....in the past CCHR has had a lot of success in getting bills defeated. Perhaps those of us in Texas can contact our Senators and Reps to let them know who and what CCHR really is. :yes:

ImageProxy.mvc

Citizens Commission on Human Rights Texas
A Legislative Session Like No Other
We Need Your Boots on the Ground!

The Texas Legislative Session began on January 13[SUP]th[/SUP], and it promises to be a challenge. If you're reading this, you've probably faced legislative challenges before. You and your CCHR have helped to gain hard won protections for people who find themselves in contact with the mental health system. You've also headed off a great number of human rights catastrophes. You can count everything you've done as a preparation for this legislative session. Buy a new pair of sneakers because you're going to need them.

Here is why this session is different:

Usually, you are opposing or forwarding specific and well defined pieces of legislation. There are very few of those this year. You may not know this, but every so many years, State Agencies expire and have to be renewed in law. This triggers a set of reviews, hearings, and then massive, all encompassing legislation. The legislation generally encompasses every aspect of law that a particular agency touches on.

This time, all five Health and Human Services Agencies went through the Sunset Process. The result is a 2276 page bill that is a virtual "Christmas Tree." You could hang any amendment on it that you want to.
In short, this means that every gain you've ever contributed to, and every horrific bill you've ever stopped is on the table.

A short list could include: Child drugging, involuntary commitment, shock treatment, parental rights to refuse psych treatment, psychs in schools, emergency room detention, whether or not you can be court ordered to receive shock treatment. You name it, this bill can do it.

This bill could also be used to beef up protections but consider this:
We are dealing with 5 agencies and a third of the state budget. Any special interest you can name has a dog in this hunt. Occasionally we've looked at who lobbies for a particular interest represented in legislation.

Sometimes, between drug companies, the medical association, hospitals, psychs and the usual front groups there have potentially been as many as 200 people who lobbied for those interests and could be expected to be working in the background.

Because this legislation is so expansive there could be many, many more working in the background.
Because there is not a way to actually predict all the specific amendments that could come into play, it is going to take a massive education campaign to let your elected officials know what is important to the "folks back home."

A good start would be to look at those things you think are important about the right to refuse treatments, parental rights, your right to be informed about health and mental health issues. You may want to start with just one of these things.

You may want to include something about how the mental health system keeps growing and growing but we don't really see results.
Most legislators truly want to help. They are very responsive to calls for more funding and mental health treatment for children and other vulnerable populations. They are heavily educated by psychs and their front groups.

Really, though, legislators are regular people who share many of the same values we all do. Most of us really do believe in the sanctity of the family and the rights of parents to make decisions for their children.
Most of us deplore the idea of being detained anywhere or treated against our will. Most of us support the idea that children deserve to be loved, nurtured, and kept drug free.

Your legislator needs to be encouraged to look out for those values as they consider this monster of a bill. Maybe some of them need to be reminded that considering large bills that nobody can understand does not lead to good government.

Below, you'll find information on how to find and e-mail your Senator and your Rep. It's worth the time to send them a heart felt e-mail about your beliefs. The Sunset Bill was filed in the Senate and has a companion in the House. The bill numbers are SB219 and HB550.

Don't even get into any hateful generalities about psychiatry. Just push purpose. If there is some specific practice, like drugging, that you feel needs specific attention, then communicate that.

Mainly, just communicate like you are communicating to a friend. Maybe you are.
How to find out who your Senator and House Representive is. Go to http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/ In the section "Who Represents Me?" Type in your address and click Submit to find out who your Senator and Representative is. To Email Your Senator or Respesentative.
Senate Email: [email protected]
House Email: [email protected]

To send coorespondence by mail.
The Mailing Address for All Senators in Austin is:
P.O. Box 12068
Austin Texas 78711-2068

The Mailing Address for All Representatives in Austin is:
P.O. Box 2910
Austin Texas 78768-2910

For your convenience we have done this research for you. For help or questions, please call Debbie at CCHR Texas. 512-428-9840. Your help is appreciated and needed during this legislative session. If your contact information has changed recently please call CCHR as it is imperative we be able to contact you during this legislative session.

Thank you,

Debbie Convery
Public Outreach Executive
CCHR Texas
512-428-9840

I spotted another billboard just last week. North of Georgetown on I-35. About 30 miles north of Austin.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Dear Lone Star and elwood, thanks for posting what they are up to. CCHR needs to be taken down.

Lone Star

Crusader
I spotted another billboard just last week. North of Georgetown on I-35. About 30 miles north of Austin.

Oh I see they're going all out then. The one you saw is of course meant to be seen by the legislators and lobbyists driving down from Dallas/Fort Worth.

I bet they have one on I-35 coming up from San Antonio too.

This bill must be very "scary" to them.

elwood

Patron with Honors
Oh I see they're going all out then. The one you saw is of course meant to be seen by the legislators and lobbyists driving down from Dallas/Fort Worth.

I bet they have one on I-35 coming up from San Antonio too.

This bill must be very "scary" to them.

Any Texans on this board need to contact their State Representative and Senator immediately to let them know who CCHR is and what they do. Fortunately, CCHR has given us the information we need to find out who to contact.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Any Texans on this board need to contact their State Representative and Senator immediately to let them know who CCHR is and what they do. Fortunately, CCHR has given us the information we need to find out who to contact.

There is a publication called "The Yellowbooks"

LOOK HERE Leadership Directories, They are expensive.. but invaluable. One is called The State Yellowbook. I was fortunate, as, living inside the beltway some of my pals worked at Lobby firms,(< goodread) and one of them explained to me: "Arnie, you need THIS" and dropped one of the expired editions in my hands... When I looked inside what I found blew me away... and here is ONE story of how I used them:

In 1997 when Sen Enzi of Wyoming was pushing with Sen D'Amato NY to sponsor legislation to condemn Germany for placing $cientology on a list of organization that are considered a threat to democracy... I used the Congressional yellowbook to mail information, and diskettes to every one each of their staffers, and each one of their office locations... who are all listed in the Congressional Yellowbook by name. I got some good replies, and even was contacted by people working for D'Amato's opposition iun the senate race.

Everyone told me there is no use opposing D'Amato NY..and everyone knew he was as outstandingly corrupt as Sen Enzi of Wyoming was known as a simpleton.

1) Using the STATE LEADERSHIP DIRECTORY, - it listed all the HOME addresses of ever sitting Wyoming state legislator!

Well, I mailed out postcards (Oh and the lobby friends said mailing out postcards are best because ones with juicy dirt in them get passed around by everyone in the office and talked about at lunch... and there is more chance the elected official will hear of your cause if everyone in the office knows about it) Plus the 'little people' LOVE to get mail addressed to THEM by name, it idicated that person writing them isnt some YAHOO living in a trailer, but someone who can afford "THE CONGRESSIONAL YELLOWBOOK"

You guys get my drift?Anyway Every sitting legislator got a postcard:

"Ask your US Senator Enzi, why does he sponsor HR 324
which supports a SATANIC CULT?

Weblink LINK to a page about $cientology

some more one liners

Why do Cowboys like cults?
a satanic cult
WWW.LERMANET.COM

I did the same to D'Amato but worded for a more urban public

===

The legislation never got out of committee
This is a very long story

The key is, SOMEBODY needs to do this... anyone interested should PM me if they have questions
but THE LEADERSHIP DIRECTORIES are how you can get something done... even if it helps a little... its better than throwing more chaff into the windstorm of debris blowing through every elected officials office.

There is also a FEDERAL yellowbook, and a NON PROFIT YELLOWBOOK etc etc

Bright idea: DO I like I did, contact some corporate legislative offices, Like.. ahh Seagrams for instance, thats who helped me, but actually it was gal I knew working there...she is retired now, tell them who you are and why you are calling and ask if they might send you their copy of the yellow book when the new one arrives..Sure you may have 5% bad addresses, but you just saved $500

Get familiar with the different ones so you are asking for the right ones and dont sound like a hayseed. And there will be lobbysist IN the bigger law firms near the Statehouse in Texas, that you should sweet talk for their old STATE yellowbooks