What's new

Celebrating the strengths of ESMB

Gib

Crusader
It was on ESMB that I discovered the lack of toilet paper was universal.

Finally...I was not alone!!

It was then that I knew I had found home.

Here's a picture of quanoloco at home

hqdefault.jpg

Gib

Crusader
Here's a picture of quanoloco at home

hqdefault.jpg

The first person who sent a request to become a friend on ESMB for me, when I first started posting here on ESMB, was quanoloco. I had no idea what that meant, but I did, but not really, he/she understood my beginning posts, I wasn't alone. What relief, I was in tears at the time as I am now.

And in the beginning, as I just started posting, another poster here, Auditors Toad, sent me a PM. :omg: On my god, what to do, I replied. So glad I did. This was back in 2012.

So to the the two of you folks, I really wish we could meet in person. :cheers:

Here's what's funny too, I didn't know what quanoloco meant as a handle in the beginning when I first started to post here. LOL

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Happy 10th anniversary ESMB

When I landed here, 6 years ago, It was difficult for me to integrate, because of a major language issue and also, ESMB at that time was very different. It was a tight little community.

I tried 3 times..The last one was the good one! Perseverance and the welcome of a few thoughtful members helped me to give it a try in interacting with some of you. Then, how surprised I was to discover this sense of humour , parody, that was to become a specific unique trait of ESMB. I can't count the times I was rolling around and was laughing out loud.

This place became slowly a joyful place where people could share about anything concerning $cientology, getting mutual help, guidance through difficult times for people who landed here, just having departed their traumatic $cientology journey. Lurkers know they can join ESMB and share without us being judgmental, they only need a little courage as we did. But I tell them to jump...they will be helped and guided to be part of the family..and even protected..since we are encouraged and inclined to be nice with newbies...lol..and nobody want to be assigned to ESMB rpf for not being nice to newbies. :biggrin:

ESMB has become a beautiful community and is unique because of Emma who founded it to be a place where people can meet and reunite (not an activist board) so it allows anyone having encountered $cientology, briefly or been deeply involved, to join the community and get the benefit of such sharing with other generous fellow members. The strong community values are embedded with generosity, welcoming, friendship and empathy making it a unique board as well as for the administration and moderation nice work. I myself had one board and have been moderator on 2 boards...I have never seen such a seamless gentle administration with very minimal interventions. Although there is a lot of technical work involved, which I know from experience. People must be dedicated and they deserve our gratefulness. God bless them for their amazing tolerance and patience. As a good friend of mine would say : ''Tremendous high quality people'' I salute you gals and guys.

While I was a member on ESMB I was going through very challenging times in my life. But many of you have been a little lighthouse on my way...because I've learned how to stand , keep my positions, how to avoid being judgmental, how to bite without hurting, grow a thick skin, take out the unnecessary drama in my life, make my point, respect others viewpoint, but also also learned to say ''fuck you'' and actually that was much needed in my life at that moment. ESMB offers many challenging opportunities to strengthen us and develop new abilities. It's a nice fertile ground for learning and practice.

There is one point for which I feel especially grateful , to all of you who over the years engaged with me in sharing discussions despite my bad english. I have told a few times that a major brain\neuronal incident has damaged a part of my left brain..and learning a new language + writing is very difficult for me. Before it happened, long ago, I was fluent in english and actually have been a translator for a flag unit..which I never said..(was ashamed I had again to learn english) I am lucky to have recover almost all my mastering of my native language though and am now proud of my english improvement with your great help.

So to all of you who helped me generously back channel, (you know who you are) much thanks. You help me to integrate here. Apart from a very few incidents, nobody uses this flaw of me when we have arguments. I do really appreciate..it contributed for me to challenge and develop humbleness, since each times I read back my post, I know it is not well written, but this is my very best and I overcome it to keep sharing on ESMB.

Also, being a Latin,can makes me appear different from some of you because of cultural influence in POV..But cultural mixes can enrich our background..it does for me though: as we, humans, are no different. We carry all the same dreams and are looking for the same basics in life. I love anglo-saxons and to share with them. So I wanna thank all of you who made a little place for me here, despite I am an annoying little passionate pit bull.

I tried to leave ESMB..but I cant...:blush
I also tried to avoid making true friends on ESMB..
but..I've fallen..deep..very deep......
and those few people are unique gems that I cherish.

Much thanks.
Lotus
XXX

Last edited:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
I could write tonnes about this, but I'm shortening it to just my ut-most thanks for giving the opportunity to meet so many fine people, and, if I can make ya laugh, shake yer head up a bit and pass on some knowledge maybe, or just info's and keepin' shit straight, troll the crap outta silly shiote... then it has been a wonderful journey.
Thank you Emma for doing so much for so many, it is pretty awesome in the nth degree:)

:cheers: :cheers: :party: :party: :dancer: :dancer:

:fire: :fire: :fire:

:booze: :bong:

:biggrin:

:coolwink:

Glenda

Crusader
Dancing is the best revenge

I began my ESMB experience with the user name SallyDannce. I was listening to Lou Reed as I was signing up to ESMB. I had no idea what name to use. I was listening to "Sally Can't Dance". I felt a deep rebellion rise, and basically said "to hell with that! Sally can Dance!!" I was in an almost permanent state of rebellion back then. Angry to the core, sad to the marrow of my bones and off my rocker with cognitive dissonance and dissociation.

I was struggling to live life, sans the scientology conditioning. I figured if I could get myself to a place where I felt like spontaneously dancing, with heart and soul, I would be doing okay. Sort of like a slightly-weird benchmark to attain. Real personal freedom regained, or something like that.

So it began. Without a checksheet to guide me, I made a commitment with myself to crawl out of the mess and push myself back into the real world, to find some joy and meaning in my life. I introduced daily dancing to help build my confidence, raise oxytocin levels and to learn how to have simple silly fun again.

My dancing is not about prowess. Hell no! It is about independence, it’s about living life on my own terms. It's about shedding the cult identity and fearlessly - and sometimes with loads of fear - reinventing myself and re-building a life which is all mine. Spontaneously dancing is, for me, a true expression of joy.

ESMB has been with me all the way as I have danced and bashed through the mental prison walls. Sometimes I have posted, danced, posted, danced, posted... I have no idea if this is "normal" behaviour. I hope not. :wink2:

Perhaps dancing is the best revenge. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNRYzn9OEd4

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Re: Dancing is the best revenge

I began my ESMB experience with the user name SallyDannce. I was listening to Lou Reed as I was signing up to ESMB. I had no idea what name to use. I was listening to "Sally Can't Dance". I felt a deep rebellion rise, and basically said "to hell with that! Sally can Dance!!" I was in an almost permanent state of rebellion back then. Angry to the core, sad to the marrow of my bones and off my rocker with cognitive dissonance and dissociation.

I was struggling to live life, sans the scientology conditioning. I figured if I could get myself to a place where I felt like spontaneously dancing, with heart and soul, I would be doing okay. Sort of like a slightly-weird benchmark to attain. Real personal freedom regained, or something like that.

So it began. Without a checksheet to guide me, I made a commitment with myself to crawl out of the mess and push myself back into the real world, to find some joy and meaning in my life. I introduced daily dancing to help build my confidence, raise oxytocin levels and to learn how to have simple silly fun again.

My dancing is not about prowess. Hell no! It is about independence, it’s about living life on my own terms. It's about shedding the cult identity and fearlessly - and sometimes with loads of fear - reinventing myself and re-building a life which is all mine. Spontaneously dancing is, for me, a true expression of joy.

ESMB has been with me all the way as I have danced and bashed through the mental prison walls. Sometimes I have posted, danced, posted, danced, posted... I have no idea if this is "normal" behaviour. I hope not. :wink2:

Perhaps dancing is the best revenge. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78AVc2jV4Sg

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
dancing is a great release to freedom, I miss it so much, hiking around to, but at least I still swim like a dolphin, sting like a bee, and farts becoming of an ol' grizzly bear.

:)

And Glenda dear, that's a pretty strange video, are you trying to tell us something? I mean, if yer gonna dance, well hell's-bells!!!

tenor.gif

tumblr_mp2c66Bn9J1roycz2o1_400.gif

dd2.gif

280sw007883.gif

tumblr_n9ygqdn54z1s65lsno1_400.gif

Must go nao, bedtimes~~!~~ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :run: :tobed:

:)

guanoloco

As-Wased
The first person who sent a request to become a friend on ESMB for me, when I first started posting here on ESMB, was quanoloco. I had no idea what that meant, but I did, but not really, he/she understood my beginning posts, I wasn't alone. What relief, I was in tears at the time as I am now.

And in the beginning, as I just started posting, another poster here, Auditors Toad, sent me a PM. :omg: On my god, what to do, I replied. So glad I did. This was back in 2012.

So to the the two of you folks, I really wish we could meet in person. :cheers:

Here's what's funny too, I didn't know what quanoloco meant as a handle in the beginning when I first started to post here. LOL

That's awesome, Gib!..ESMB truly is empowering.

I've thanked Emma many times and am still very grateful.

Hu666ard really was some stinker, huh?

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
I started here as "Suzy Q". I had to be taught how to use the forum... and more.

I faded away from the Sciobots when I was 18 - I stayed under the radar because of family & friends still in. But when they were out all bets were off.

I had convinced them I was dead for a number of years. They contacted me & I freaked out. I turned to the internet to find other ex folks. I had not been keeping up with the times.

I found this community and I felt right at home. There were people I knew and people I wanted to know. I got to vent a lifetime of emotions, observations, anger and joy. I got to share and came to understand I truly was not the only one.... I knew that on one level but this was on many levels.

I got brave and said to hell with them and came out of the closet at last as who I am. They don't care! I feel FREE!

This community/family is not perfect.... none are. But this is a welcoming & loving place... a safe place full of intelligent, caring people who are here for everyone who comes. There are a few jerks from time to time... I am sure I have been one as well.

This is a "home" like no other.... thank you for being here and for being family.

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: