What's new

CELEBRITY CENTRE STORY OF ORIGIN

A.K. Myers

Patron with Honors
I have a great solution for your situation. Don't study this topic anymore; instead, look for something which actually interests you.
Lakey

You are all taking wins for your participation in creating such a
wonderful organization that is responsible for getting such luminaries
as John Travolta, Karen Black, Kirstie Allie and Tom Cruise into the
cult.

Instead of patting yourself on the back about how hip or cool it
was back in the "good old days" when "the tech" was "standard,"
better you should be looking to how you could make up the
damage to all those careers that were ruined. I think if you
actually looked at this time, you would see that most of the
"good times" were had DESPITE $cientology's wonderful "tech."

CC was just another in the chain of overts against humanity,
originated by LRH to get rich celebrities to shill for his money
grubbing cult.

:coolwink:

whoisxenu

Patron with Honors
I have a great solution for your situation. Don't study this topic anymore; instead, look for something which actually interests you.
Lakey

Sorry - I guess my sense of humor doesn't translate easily to the internet. I meant I'm grateful for your post.:thumbsup:

lkwdblds

Crusader
You are all taking wins for your participation in creating such a
wonderful organization that is responsible for getting such luminaries
as John Travolta, Karen Black, Kirstie Allie and Tom Cruise into the
cult.

Instead of patting yourself on the back about how hip or cool it
was back in the "good old days" when "the tech" was "standard,"
better you should be looking to how you could make up the
damage to all those careers that were ruined. I think if you
actually looked at this time, you would see that most of the
"good times" were had DESPITE $cientology's wonderful "tech."

CC was just another in the chain of overts against humanity,
originated by LRH to get rich celebrities to shill for his money
grubbing cult.

To Whoisxenu: Sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm glad that you liked it.

To A K Meyers:
Your opening premise is just totally and completely 100% off the mark!!! I am not taking one iota of credit for anything having to do with Celebrity Centre. All I wanted to do was to research and chronicle the history of how the Organization came into existence. In the 1975 Celebrity Centre 35 year anniversary, magazine, Miscavige took credit for creating the Celebrity Centre network. I knew this was not true and set out to find out exactly how it was created and who created it. This I did.

I make no judgement about whether its creation is a net plus or a net minus. My own personal role was just serving as their Director of Disbursements for 2 years, from 1971 to 1973. I did not get even one Celebrity to come on lines. I wrote checks for them for 2 years.

Are you so filled with hate against C of S that you cannot even allow someone to write an accurate history of how a particular organization came into existence?

Karen Black was already there before I got there, John Travolta came a few years later and Tom Cruise came more years later. I did not have anything to do with any of them getting involved and I never claimed that I did.

Following your "logic", you would be bitter and hateful to the author of "The Rise and Fall of the 3rd Reich". The man, WIlliam Shirer, I believe, traced the history of how the 3rd Reich came to power. Is he supposed to be a bad guy and feel remorse about writing the history of an evil Organization?

As they say about history, Unless one learns the miistakes of history, one is destined to repeat them! All I did is write a history. A person can do whatever they want with it. They can just read it for entertainment or maybe somehow they can use it in their own life or maybe they do nothing with it. For doing that you have the audacity to trump up false charges against me and demand that I feel guilty. Go figure!
Lakey

A.K. Myers

Patron with Honors
No hate here.

Feel free to rehab the wins of the big beings who
were so successful back then. Those were wonderful
times and should be chronicled.

Carry on, nothing to see here.

lkwdblds

Crusader
No hate here.

Feel free to rehab the wins of the big beings who
were so successful back then. Those were wonderful
times and should be chronicled.

Carry on, nothing to see here.

You seem to have a habit of inserting words or intent into someone's posts which they never intended. I only said that you were way off the mark in your critique of me. I didn't accuse you of hate so why did you bring it up and then absolve yourself of having hate?

To me our disagreement seems to center around what should be chronicled in history. I believe that all history should be chronicled. It often is extremely interesting and sometimes it can cause enlightenment where people will not repeat mistakes which were made in the past. All the wars and disasters are chronicled in history books and encyclopedias. This gives us a background as to where we come from and what others before us endured, either good or bad.

If you feel that only worthy subjects should have their history written up, I have no problem with that. A problem does arise because what one person considers worthy of being chronicled may be different from another's. Probably, the best course is to chronicle everything and allow potential readers to make their own decisions on what subjects they want to read about.

Having read something, someone certainly has the right to criticize it but if they do, it makes sense that negative critiques take up things which were actually written about. That was my only beef with your earlier posting

Anyway, I see that you don't feel that the old Celebrity Centre history is worth writing about. That is perfectly okay with me. I understand why you feel that way and respect your feelings. No need to belabor the point further, right?
Lakey

A.K. Myers

Patron with Honors
Are you so filled with hate against C of S that you cannot even allow someone to write an accurate history of how a particular organization came into existence?

Yon brought up the subject of hate, not me.

Following your "logic", you would be bitter and hateful to the author of "The Rise and Fall of the 3rd Reich". The man, WIlliam Shirer, I believe, traced the history of how the 3rd Reich came to power. Is he supposed to be a bad guy and feel remorse about writing the history of an evil Organization?

Bitter? Hateful? Not me. Did I miss a withold or something?

All I did is write a history. A person can do whatever they want with it. They can just read it for entertainment or maybe somehow they can use it in their own life or maybe they do nothing with it. For doing that you have the audacity to trump up false charges against me and demand that I feel guilty. Go figure!
Lakey

If you consider the following lines as "history" then I am guilty
as charged:

THIS IS WHAT GREATNESS IS ALL ABOUT. THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF A BIG BEING IN ACTION AND WHAT CAN BE ACHIEVED BY ONE PERSON.

No trumped up charges. It was just a little too "good old days"
for my taste. I get enough of that over reading Marty's stuff.

lkwdblds

Crusader
Yon brought up the subject of hate, not me.

Bitter? Hateful? Not me. Did I miss a withold or something?

If you consider the following lines as "history" then I am guilty
as charged:

No trumped up charges. It was just a little too "good old days"
for my taste. I get enough of that over reading Marty's stuff.

On your first example, I concede the point to you and apologize. I selected a poor choice of words which inferred that you were hateful and I apologize for that. You were exhibiting some sort of negative reaction to my story and were suggesting that my time would be better spent helping to undo the damage to people harmed in C of S rather than writing a story of CC History.You were not being hateful; maybe judgmental would be the proper word. In any case, you had every right to make the criticism which you did and the criticism itself is well thought out.

On your second point, I don't fully agree. I speculated that using your line of reasoning, the author of the "Rise and Fall of the third Reich" would be bitter and hateful for writing the history of the third Reich simply because he wrote about an evil regime. I did not mean to infer that you were bitter or hateful yourself.

On what I wrote about Yvonne - looking back, I was still fairly new on ESMB when I wrote that history on Xmas day of 2009. I didn't know about the various factions here and pretty much thought everybody was a Freezoner or Indy type. If I was writing CC's history at this time, I would tone things down a bit as far as Yvonne and other Execs and celebrities are concerned. Even so, I still feel that Yvonne did show greatness in establishing the Center. She had enormous charisma and when she set her mind to something, things got done. Had Yvonne not taken on the job of creating a Celebrity Centre network for Hubbard, I don't believe that there would be a large Celebrity Centre with many big name celebrities in it today. I just don't think that anyone else could have pulled it off!

From today's perspective this may be a bad thing. Without the big name celebrities in C of S and without the publicity and funding which they generate, the C of S may have died out by now, though I doubt it.

The thing is that from the perspective of those who were there at the time, we were all taken up with what we were doing. We actually thought we were saving the world! We weren't all just fools. There was a collection of very creative and brilliant people assembled there at that time who were giving everything they had to forward Celebrity Centre. Though we were working on a small budget and had considerable opposition, we still got some amazing results. You almost had to be there to experience how exciting it was at that time.

40 years later, we find out that all is not what it seemed back in those heady days. A lot of people have been severely hurt and ripped off in C of S. We do all we can to rectify those problems.

In spite of the negative side which has been revealed, the history of the founding of the Centre still has a right to be told.
Lakey

A.K. Myers

Patron with Honors
On your first example, I concede the point to you and apologize. I selected a poor choice of words which inferred that you were hateful and I apologize for that. You were exhibiting some sort of negative reaction to my story and were suggesting that my time would be better spent helping to undo the damage to people harmed in C of S rather than writing a story of CC History.You were not being hateful; maybe judgmental would be the proper word. In any case, you had every right to make the criticism which you did and the criticism itself is well thought out.

On your second point, I don't fully agree. I speculated that using your line of reasoning, the author of the "Rise and Fall of the third Reich" would be bitter and hateful for writing the history of the third Reich simply because he wrote about an evil regime. I did not mean to infer that you were bitter or hateful yourself.

On what I wrote about Yvonne - looking back, I was still fairly new on ESMB when I wrote that history on Xmas day of 2009. I didn't know about the various factions here and pretty much thought everybody was a Freezoner or Indy type. If I was writing CC's history at this time, I would tone things down a bit as far as Yvonne and other Execs and celebrities are concerned. Even so, I still feel that Yvonne did show greatness in establishing the Center. She had enormous charisma and when she set her mind to something, things got done. Had Yvonne not taken on the job of creating a Celebrity Centre network for Hubbard, I don't believe that there would be a large Celebrity Centre with many big name celebrities in it today. I just don't think that anyone else could have pulled it off!

From today's perspective this may be a bad thing. Without the big name celebrities in C of S and without the publicity and funding which they generate, the C of S may have died out by now, though I doubt it.

The thing is that from the perspective of those who were there at the time, we were all taken up with what we were doing. We actually thought we were saving the world! We weren't all just fools. There was a collection of very creative and brilliant people assembled there at that time who were giving everything they had to forward Celebrity Centre. Though we were working on a small budget and had considerable opposition, we still got some amazing results. You almost had to be there to experience how exciting it was at that time.

40 years later, we find out that all is not what it seemed back in those heady days. A lot of people have been severely hurt and ripped off in C of S. We do all we can to rectify those problems.

In spite of the negative side which has been revealed, the history of the founding of the Centre still has a right to be told.
Lakey

Actually, we are in agreement. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
<snip>
She had enormous charisma and when she set her mind to something, things got done. Had Yvonne not taken on the job of creating a Celebrity Centre network for Hubbard, I don't believe that there would be a large Celebrity Centre with many big name celebrities in it today.
<snip>

Yvonne was a wonderfdul person. Surely you are going to include in your write up of CCLA that for what she did for CCLA & scientology that she was stripped from power, contracted brain cancer, & died - right?

<snip>
we were all taken up with what we were doing. We actually thought we were saving the world! We weren't all just fools.
<snip>
A most telling statement by you - and so sad. Most of us have come to terms with the fact we damn well were fools.
<snip>

. You almost had to be there to experience how exciting it was at that time.
<snip>
I was not almost there. I was there. It was exciting. As you said "we thought we were saving the world" but the reality is we were fools in a cult.

<snip>
We do all we can to rectify those problems.
<snip>
Hello?

<snip>
<snip>
What really has a right to be told is the behind the scenes horror of a man in his mid 50's pushing a peanut around the decks of the Apollo while he wife and children were made to watch. Or people who couldn't swim being overboarded. Or the RPFs RPF ? What about children locked in the ships chain locker ? Or the story of John Mc Master ? Or Pauletter Cooper ? You know, what was really happening.

What about what really happened instead of the Unicorns & Butterflies theety-weety goo-goo theta talk of how wonderful & well meaning it all was ?

<snip>
Lakey

You have written yet another thread which is going to end up a pig no matter how much lip stick gets splashed on it.

The cult of the church of scientology is not going to go down in history as a noble endeavor for the benefit of mankind.

Some people are never going to be able to man up to the irrefutable fact that by being fooled bu scientology they were fools. It is painful & sad to watch people be so completely unable to face their role.

I expect the few who continue to praise their efforts in scientology will continue to be baffled at why they are laughed at or politley humored but not ever taken seriously by the majority of people.

OK, now back to praising Hubbard, the tech, the wonderfulness of being on staff, &, of course, the orgs as it it was all wonderful - ( and Gawd forbid ) justified because some "believed" and just can't turn loose of that delusion ! ( Still reading Celebrity magazine ? )