What's new

Celibacy causes Venereal Disease

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
[video=youtube;9DR_jrdoYXk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DR_jrdoYXk[/video]

Very interesting. Men on a ship far away from women get VD and he thinks it's because not being able to have sex they mentally create VD.

No you idiot it's because the men have been bending over backwards to help each other. When there's no woman around or wives have headaches many straight men have no problem in getting relief from other men. At one time it wasn't understood that a man can get venereal diseases from a male mouth or anus just as easily as from a ladies front bottom.

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hubbard is an idiot. Belief in spontaneous generation was dispelled by Louis Pasteur in the 19th century but ol' El Ron in the twentieth century still believes in it. The Jewish boy El Ron uses as an example most likely had sex with another woman some time before the symptoms manifested themselves or he had sex with a fellow sailor. VD does not spontaneously generate itself.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Well, I'm sorry folks but this is one area where Ron was an expert in...getting and transmitting VD that is.

RogerB

Crusader
Errr, this is further proof that Hubbard was a deluded, lying fraud who invented shit out of thin air calling it, actually misrepresenting it as, "research."

The assertion revealed in this clip are so stupid that he really ought to have been embarrassed by them . . . but the bastard was so vain, so arrogant that embarrassment at uttered nonsense was beyond him.

Can you imagine how he would have reacted against anyone who pointed out his error on this??? :melodramatic:

Rog

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I know his navy record makes it clear he had gonorrhea.
This tape rings a faint bell and there's a good chance I heard this lecture live. I used to work in CF at Saint Hill in those days, and when Hubbard gave an SHSBC talk we staff members were allowed to sit in the Solarium and listen over an extension speaker.

Back then there were large numbers of Americans, Australians and South Africans at SH on the BC, and I wonder what they thought of having travelled thousands of miles at great expense only to hear him spouting this rubbish on the subject of VD.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
So does this mean that sex with infected people prevents VD?

Oh wait I am getting this confused with the smoking and cancer discovery.

Rd00

gbuck

oxymoron
This little jewish guy was called 'heinie' which is american for buttocks? And the vd originated in this guy whose name just happens to be buttocks! well maybe it did, it sure came out of the mouth of an asshole!

you could not make it up, but he did. Confusing bastard I reckon he was.

PTS

Elliott
Blubbard was a disgusting pig whom I am increasingly convinced spent most of his life drugged up and so delirious that he rarely knew what he was saying when he said it.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Hubbard take's on any issue, like venerial disease or anything else,
is a scientific approach, based on his researches which consist of

either

1) he has the particular issue (which is the result of a specific cause )
2) others have the issue ( which essentially is caused by aberrations, BT's, OW's, low tone...)

[STRIKE]QED[/STRIKE]
quod est absurdum

Last edited:
So does this mean that sex with infected people prevents VD?

Oh wait I am getting this confused with the smoking and cancer discovery.

Rd00

It means that there are billions of people who have VD but don't know it.
It means that monastic orders are full of VD ridden monks and nuns.
It means that the SO is VD-ridden.

Funny that nobody pointed this out to Hubbard as he blubbered.

BTW, I wonder if Heinie was a Commodore's Messenger.

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
Oh dear God. Talk about a little knowledge is dangerous. Well, he surely lost his giggling audience towards the end there, didn't he?

I think his bout of gonorrhea had quite an effect on Hubbard. Likely because the treatment he would have received involved regular installations of the medication directly into the urethrea as opposed to treatment after the development of penicillin, which was injected via syringe into the buttock.

Hubbard's first fallacy in thinking: VD = no sex

People who have venereal diseases are certainly capable of having sex and regularly do so. How else would it get spread?

Oh, and Heine had what was then termed "non specific urethritis". Symptoms would mimic gonorrheal discharge. But the microbe for neither gonorrhea nor syphilis could be seen in cultures. I'm pretty sure they never even heard of chlamydia in those days.

It is SO difficult to hear this bullshyte and realize that so many good people fell for this load of crap.

Oh well. Once again, I am so glad all (or most) of you here are OUT!

Note: If you ever want to do some interesting medical history reading, look up some of what is available online about the history of syphilis. Fascinating reading! Did you ever know that the popularity of the "Hot Springs" movement - as in Hot Springs, Arkansas - was related to it being a cure for syphilis? Yeah, I never did either, but it was.

How I got onto this: Doing genealogy research. Obtained the death certificate for a great, great, grandfather. It listed complications of syphilis as a contributing factor for his death. In 1910. Said he had it for "30+ years". And he was the "Civil War hero" of the family!

guanoloco

As-Wased
It means that there are billions of people who have VD but don't know it.
It means that monastic orders are full of VD ridden monks and nuns.
It means that the SO is VD-ridden.

Funny that nobody pointed this out to Hubbard as he blubbered.

BTW, I wonder if Heinie was a Commodore's Messenger.

With the latest SO/RTC/Miscavige obsession with masturbation VD stats should be straight up and vertical.

myrklix

Patron with Honors
C'mon, folks! After your experience in Scn you're now making what I take as inappropriate anti-semitic remarks? Besides, LRH was not Jewish -- he was a scientologist. Please, please help stop this disease of bigotry.

Hubbard is an idiot. Belief in spontaneous generation was dispelled by Louis Pasteur in the 19th century but ol' El Ron in the twentieth century still believes in it. The Jewish boy El Ron uses as an example most likely had sex with another woman some time before the symptoms manifested themselves or he had sex with a fellow sailor. VD does not spontaneously generate itself.

This little jewish guy was called 'heinie' which is american for buttocks? And the vd originated in this guy whose name just happens to be buttocks! well maybe it did, it sure came out of the mouth of an asshole!

you could not make it up, but he did. Confusing bastard I reckon he was.

guanoloco

As-Wased
C'mon, folks! After your experience in Scn you're now making what I take as inappropriate anti-semitic remarks? Besides, LRH was not Jewish -- he was a scientologist. Please, please help stop this disease of bigotry.

You didn't listen to the lecture. Elton Elray is talking about a Jewish boy on a ship named Heinie who came down with all the symptoms of VD but no bacteria.