What's new

Champions of Human Rights — Yeah Right… by Mike Rinder

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/

He has a point.....:coolwink:

Champions of Human Rights — Yeah Right…by Mike Rinder

How ironic is the latest Press Release from the RCS? Once again, you are warned to put down any hot coffee and grab yourself a barf bag.

The arrogance of asserted superiority and “facts” in the face of stark evidence to the contrary is not limited to POB at his international circus tent performances. Apparently the assertions know no bounds and are being spewed into the broad public arena too. Like the infamous “Comical Ali” (Saddam Hussein’s propaganda spouting spokesman) it seems the RCS thinks that if they pronounce obvious, massive lies with a straight face, the world will believe them. And, like Comical Ali they are oblivious to the fact that everyone is laughing at them.

But really, it should come as no surprise.

In 1981 LRH wrote the HCOB entitled The Criminal Mind. In it, among many other things, he says the following:

THE CRIMINAL ACCUSES OTHERS OF THINGS WHICH HE HIMSELF IS DOING.

Apparently they add it up this way: “If I accuse him of robbing, then it would be assumed by others that I have not robbed a bank.” By loudly voicing a condemnation of a crime, the criminal, with a crooked think, supposes people will now suppose he is above bank robbery and won’t suspect him.

Now, with that in mind, check out the latest church Press Release.

I have not included the entirety of the rambling, self-congratulatory puff-piece listing numerous false stats, as nobody should be required to read such drivel. But here are a few salient sections (in italics) with my comments following each:

On the 63rd anniversary of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the Church of Scientology urges mandatory human rights education as the key to its full implementation of the Declaration. [The RCS would do well to educate itself on what the UDHR holds – so many of its Articles are being violated daily by the church. Remember “If I accuse him of robbing…”]

Human rights are the rights that belong to everyone without exception—to people of any color, creed, age, ethnicity or gender…. [Except anyone who dares express an opinion contrary to those held by David Miscavige and his clubbed seal followers.]

The United Nations estimates that 2.45 million people are trafficked each year, nearly a billion live in hunger, and almost half the world’s population subsists on less than $2.50 a day, making it clear any momentum generated this year must continue and that education and insistence on human rights has never been more vital. [Right… “victims of human trafficking are not permitted to leave upon arrival at their destination. They are held against their will through acts of coercion and forced to work or provide services to the trafficker or others. The work or services may include anything from bonded or forced labor to commercialized sexual exploitation. The arrangement may be structured as a work contract, but with no or low payment or on terms which are highly exploitative. Sometimes the arrangement is structured as debt bondage, with the victim not being permitted or able to pay off the debt.” Does thing ring any bells with anyone? And come now -- $2.50 a day would be a raise for those in the RPF…]

For more than four decades, the Church has worked to make the Universal Declaration of Human Rights broadly known. The Declaration appeared in the first edition of Freedom Magazine, the Church’s human rights journal, in 1968…. [Ah yes, wouldn’t a copy of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights look just swell in one of the modern day Freedoms “exposing” the pc folder data of “apostates” alongside the cartoon caricatures, photoshopped images and name calling that Mad magazine would reject? Surely you jest about Freedom mag – can anyone imagine someone from the United Nations reading one of those recent rags? They even turn off KoolAid drinkers and they can stomach almost anything.]

“There are many examples in history of what individuals can accomplish by demanding their rights and insisting on the rights of others,” says Rev. Robert Adams, Vice President of the Church of Scientology International…. [Is this the absolute pinnacle of irony or what? The unknown VICE President of CSI is making the pronouncement on behalf of the International Church about its largest worldwide campaign on Human Rights Day. And it is the VICE President rather than THE President because?... Well, we all know the answer to that, the President, in keeping with the great traditions of upholding human rights and dignity that the church has become so well known for, is held in the Hole, incommunicado for a decade. He has been “disappeared.” And POB doesnt dare announce the fact publicly, or appoint a "new" President as that would make it obvious Heber is "gone." POB has Heber held incommunicado until he dies and then he can make a grand pronouncement about him. This is no idle speculation, after keeping Mary Sue in similar circumstance for years, Miscavige was thrilled when she died as she was no longer a "problem."]

The arrogance required to make these statements boggles the mind. But then again, this IS what the Criminal Mind does. While strangling babies, Jack the Ripper is on TV campaigning for children’s rights. While violating human rights and destroying people’s lives daily, engaging in human trafficking and stealing money with false promises and hope, Pope on a Box is loudly announcing to the world that HE is the champion of Human Rights (and I mean this literally – check out the Scientology.org website and you will see all magnificences are directly attributed to the most magnificent one of all).

As a public service to one and all, but especially to POB who probably has never actually READ the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, following are some of its 30 Articles. It doesn’t take a double digit IQ to scan through these and determine whether the RCS is upholding or is in direct violation of them.

Article 1: All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Article 2: Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.

Article 3: Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

Article 4: No one shall be held in slavery or servitude; slavery and the slave trade shall be prohibited in all their forms.

Article 5: No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.

Article 7: All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law. All are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination.

Article 9: No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile.

Article 12: No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks.

Article 18: Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.

Article 19: Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

Article 20: (1) Everyone has the right to freedom of peaceful assembly and association. (2) No one may be compelled to belong to an association.

Article 30: Nothing in this Declaration may be interpreted as implying for any State, group or person any right to engage in any activity or to perform any act aimed at the destruction of any of the rights and freedoms set forth herein.

So, here’s a challenge for the RCS. How about educating YOUR people as a first step? All those little booklets and videos are really cool.

But of course, that would also mean telling them the truth about what you are actually doing with Heber Jentzsch, what sort of dirty tricks you are employing against those who expose your abuses, and letting everyone know the truth about what is really going on with Scientology expansion.

I’m not holding my breath.

Malstrom

From this article, a comment from Rinder in the comments section really hit home: " If someone managed to break down the gates to Gold and get them in a room they would attest to being “happy and well treated.”"

It makes me sad that there is nothing we can do to help these people. :(

mrinder | December 17, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Reply Les,
You wondered: “Is it likely that they are totally brainwashed by miscavige into believing that they are indeed the downstats and that miscavige’s bullshit PR actually has some credibility?”
Unfortunately, its not only likely, it is guaranteed. IF they were not totally brainwashed, they would have escaped from the gulag. The fact that they havent walked means, ipso facto, they are brainwashed. They certainly believe they are downstat DBs who are not worthy of even being in the presence of his magnificence. They have been introverted with so many invalidative sec check/false purpose questions that they have to mock up answers for in order to ever have them end (the “What evil purpose or counter-intention do you have towards COB?” type questions — not even “Is there….”) that they are unable to think clearly or see anything other than what they are TOLD to see.
They COULD leave. It is possible. A lot of people have done so. If someone managed to break down the gates to Gold and get them in a room they would attest to being “happy and well treated.” It’s sad. They are not strong enough to make a move. The whole place would have to be “freed” and they would have ot be assured that POB was deposed and NEVER coming back before they would start to actually look and see reality.
Sorry to give such a miserable assessment of the scene, but I am afraid its quite accurate.

Veda

Sponsor
Posted mainly for curious lurkers:

The CofS press release states: "For more than four decades, the Church has worked to make the Universal Declaration of Human Rights broadly known... The Declaration first appeared in the first edition of Freedom Magazine, the Church's human rights journal, in 1968..."

How true, and it was per these instructions from Ron's Journal '68 (To bring this up to date with the current social scene, 'RCS' [Radical Church of Scientology, i.e. Miscavology] can be substituted for "psychiatric"):

"...And the general attack line is along the lines of human rights, human rights.

"Now I'll give you a clue now how this is handled, somebody comes up to you, he's a hostile person - he's hostile to Scientology and he says to you, he says 'na na na Scientology' and you say 'Why are you against human rights?' and, then, if you know anything about human rights like the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, United Nations - that sort of thing, you know something about this subject, you just follow it right straight up, total attack, in other words you don't defend Scientology, you just simply attack along this line of human rights.

"Somebody else comes along, hostile, he says something to you about this, or he says something in the press or in a group or something like this, and something about treatment, or something in Scientology, and you should come back at him, 'Why are you in favor of psychiatric death camps? Why are you in favor of psychiatric brutality to human beings?', and just let him try to handle that ball. And use these two things.

"Now the hostile person and the hostile press line, for instance the newspaper writes an article on the subject of how bad Scientology is. Well, any Scientologist reading this should at once write the newspaper, 'Why are you in favor of psychiatric death camps? Why are you criticizing Scientology? Why are you in favor of psychiatric death camps?' And we will make some progress on this.

"Now actually what will happen, what will happen, really, is each time Scientology is attacked, we will build into society, if all of you do this, we'll build into society an actual stimulus-response mechanism, whereas an attack on Scientology is actually an attack on human rights, and a person making such an attack is in favor of psychiatric death camps. And if this is the way you handle this, and handle it consistently, even though you get bored with it and want something else to shoot them with, this will produce a fantastic effect..."

Shortly after this RJ '68 was released, the Citizens Commission on Human Rights was started, and 'Freedom' magazine was born.

Incidentally, using pc folder information for purposes of manipulation, intimidation, and attack, began in the 1960s. And Freedom Magazine was being used as a vehicle for the attack of Scientology's enemies since its inception, including its use to attack Gerry Armstrong and his then attorney Michael Flynn around the same time that Hubbard wrote his 1981 'The Criminal Mind' HCOB. I wouldn't be surprised if it had been used to attack other former Scientologists or their supporters. A complete collection of Freedom Magazines would certainly be an interesting read.

Both the CofS and outside the CofS Scientology are applying Hubbard's instructions re. Propaganda. "The objective is to be identified as attackers of popularly considered evils. This declassifies us from former labels. It reclassifies our attackers as evil people..." From confidential 'Black Propaganda' 12 January 1972

It's interesting how Marty&Mike and the Independent Scientologists have identified themselves as attackers of the popularly considered evil of ("anti-LRH, anti-Scientologist") David Miscavige and the "RCS" or "the Church of Miscavology," resulting in the "declassifying" of themselves "from former [negative] labels."

This is a PR&Propaganda battle between camps of Scientologists, each applying Hubbard's Public Opinion Manipulation Tech. Personally, while recognizing the superior vileness of Miscavige over his feuding fellow Scientologists, the MartyWorld people, I prefer not be handled by any of these folks with their application of Hubbard's instructions on shaping public opinion.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
It's interesting how Marty&Mike and the Independent Scientologists have identified themselves as attackers of the popularly considered evil of ("anti-LRH, anti-Scientologist") David Miscavige and the "RCS" or "the Church of Miscavology," resulting in the "declassifying" of themselves "from former [negative] labels."

Agree on that

To me, it's the same brainswashing - Only the target is different
The same pr tech - only the target is different

A am always amazed at the selective memory they appear to have NOW
and the ability to denial of facts and to not relate them with green on white
:unsure:

Veda

Sponsor
Vittorio, I just noticed that you gave my post a "like" and a "thank you," but, IMO, there is a big difference in where where we are coming from. You're obviously motivated by a sense of personal grudge, whereas I have no grudge against Marty Rathbun or Mike Rinder, or Independent Scientologists, and am concerned mainly with describing and explaining things for others to understand better. Ultimately, these "others" include Marty and Mike and the Independent Scientologists, when they are finally willing and able to do so. I'm sorry if that seems harsh to you, or sounds as though I'm tooting my own horn, but that's how it is.

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
Veda, it doesn't matter if we disagree over some things or how we approach the subject. I can still like your posts and the posts of others if I think they are worthy of it. That is the great thing about free thinking. We are not restricted to one idea, one approach or to boxes.

You may feel that I have a personal grudge, as do others, which is why there has been a great prevention to me speaking out against the Freezone. You use the term Implantology and I'm sure I've heard you mention this. This is actually true. Marty and Mike have left the Church but they are as fanatical as ever about deciding who and who isn't an 'op' on behalf of all their followers. From my experiences, the Freezone is not Scientology without the abuses. It's a mop up operation to collect many of those who have left and walked away. Not everyone in the Freezone is bad, far from in, but there are many there including Marty and Mike whose knowing actions over more than two decades and prevailing attitude make them unsafe terminals to go to.

It's like taking a rape victim to live with a rapist. I feel that people here are afraid to speak out about the Freezone, really speak out, because they feel that there is a vested interest in protecting it because it will 'help take out the Church'. The danger is is one of two options 1; That is becomes 'another Church' or the unification of both groups.

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
Some great quotes from mind control survivors;

In the MC survivor community, I've seen this tactic taken one step further. "Good guy bad guy" routine. By helping to publicly out their partner, after having been tight with him for many years, it makes other perps look like they are heros. Then the the outed perp's victims go running to THEM for protection and information. And the survivor's external control and victimization continues...

The above is very relevant when it comes to Marty and the quote below relevant when it comes to the GO/OSA.

The cultists throw out one of their people for the police and legal system to make an open fuss over and slap in prison, and the others continue doing their dirty work just like before, never being legally named.

Scientology is interesting news because of the suffering that it has caused to so many. Marty is essentially selling that suffering as a media martyr without acknowledging the huge part he played in causing it and that he continually plays the role of double agent, as does XX who went to the FZ survivors website and never denied it and whose UK Freezone group had a plant in attendance week in week out collecting information on people (Timo from Saint Hill).

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
Marty Rathbun complaining about the human rights record of someone else;

THROW ME THE SICK BUCKET.