What's new

Change you brain change your life

apple

Patron Meritorious
This is the first of seven clips by Dr. Daniel Amen on u-tube, all well worth watching. It blew me away. Especially the the scanned brain images of normal brains compared to those of people who have done drugs, alcohol and have dementia. After watching the clips it made me wonder, if Hubbard was on drugs and alcohol as people have said. How would his brain look? Would it full of holes like the drugie brain? This may explain his behavior or part of it anyway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mudf4-ngvUk

Carte Blanche

Thank you for posting this. It makes a lot of sense and even if I am not buying the book and CDs, I realize I need to force myself to make a change and actually start exercising more etc., and hopefully change my life as a whole for the better.

Carte Blanche

G

Gottabrain

Why is this thread in "Staff War Stories?" :confused2:

I don't get it.

signals-shes-confused-400a020607.jpg

I love Dr. Amen's work. He is one "evil psych" I would go to if I needed help with my brain any day! I especially like that he is humanistic, integrates mind, body and spirit into his work with people, and also that he utilizes all forms of help, including supplements and natural substances as well as medication, talking and group therapy, etc. to create the optimal outcomes for his patients. At an early point in his life, he considered going into the ministry. :happydance: He knows that people have souls. Caring about people just flows out from his being. He also teaches with a twinkle in his eye, talk about high affinity and enthusiasm!

Watch his lectures online, all you guys who were indoctrinated to be afraid of and shun psychiatry. The ever expanding field of knowledge that is neuro-biology is just fascinating! :yes: It won't hurt you to look at it, and you might learn something new and valuable that will help you and others that you care about. You might also gain a different viewpoint, which is what education is all about. Go for it! :thumbsup:

looker

Patron Meritorious
This is the first of seven clips by Dr. Daniel Amen on u-tube, all well worth watching. It blew me away. Especially the the scanned brain images of normal brains compared to those of people who have done drugs, alcohol and have dementia. After watching the clips it made me wonder, if Hubbard was on drugs and alcohol as people have said. How would his brain look? Would it full of holes like the drugie brain? This may explain his behavior or part of it anyway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mudf4-ngvUk

This is an area that is fascinating to me. Some have said we are a product of 60% genetics and 40% environment.

I have tried the Luminosity brain training site and noticed a difference in my mental acuity for the better. It makes me wonder if the brain is plastic enough to change through well thought out therapies and nutrition. I think the answer is yes.

Like mentioned in the video, I saw a TV show once where a Buddhist monk was meditating in an MRI tube and you could see a difference between meditative and non meditative state. The active areas of the brain changed. I also watched a show where a Christian woman was praying while having an MRI scan and again one could see a brain activity center change.

In my opinion, The technology hubbard stole regarding a process where one talks about opposite pairs of considerations can also create a state of brain change. Those processes are in the Creation Of Human Ability, Grades and Power Processing and OT2. I don't condone or promote these processes, as practiced in the COS or Freezone but just offer them as a reference.

These are just my thoughts and curiosities not necessarily opinions;

Much is said about the division of opinion in America, words are used like Main Stream Media selective information, Low information voters, Media brainwashing etc..

When surfing the web about brain activity, and MRIs I found this;

Studies show Liberal brains are different than Conservative brains. Liberals are much more tolerant of chaos and creativity and, DON"T worry much about the future. Conservatives desire order and cleanliness and DO worry about the future. http://2012election.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=004818 For those interested I urge you to read all 16 of the articles especially 16. 16 talks about dreams and persuasions.

I don't mean for this to be a political opinion post at all, but merely, (for me) interesting, food for thought more to think about and consider regarding the brain and behaviour.

The Dali Lama said to the effect; Its important to understand how meditation maps to behaviors, but also important to understand how behaviors map to the mind. Perhaps in the future we will understand this better as research continues..

Im glad this type of research is available on youtube. Maybe there is hope for me yet.
:)

Last edited:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Why is this thread in "Staff War Stories?" :confused2:

I don't get it.

signals-shes-confused-400a020607.jpg

It was a brain developing exercise for ya.

I made a mistake.

Well maybe not so much. It got_ta_brain out of her rut(folds) and gave her a chance to increase her gray matter. See you are a therapist in action Apple.:thumbsup:

And Gottabrain, what the hell are you doing here, how about you just give some of us, like me, a chance to catch up with ya.:bighug:

okay okay I will settle down and get back to the study program, it looks fantasizingly mind bending. Thanks Apple.

P.S. I believe a mod could move/rewire this thread if need be.