What's new

Charges against Eastgate dropped: Gee that sucks!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Thanks, Zhent.

I like the final 9 seconds of that video. The voiceover says the full text of Jan's statement will be published on their website. The video shows a shark and a sign saying beach closed.

Note also that Jan says "she has always maintained her innocence," which she can say with a straight face as it is probably true. It's not the same as saying she is innocent of the charges, though.

Paul

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
" Now based in Los Angeles where she counts Tom Cruise and John Travolta among her friends, Ms Eastgate released a statement to The Daily Telegraph"

Typical---Ol Tommy Cruise and JT are pitched into the mix, AGAIN> when are you two
bozo's going to STOP fronting for this criminal organization. GET YOUR HEAD'S OUT
OF THE SAND!
:kma:<<You two and Davey boy. WTFU, Please.

This IS awful ...and the organization this lady represents ("CCHR= Citizens Commission on Human Rights" Rights? What :bs: Tonight I found out one more of the kids I knew while "in" Scientology took his own life. That's 8 kids I now Knew---including my Drs daughter hanging herself, the brilliant mind behind "Earthlink", Philip Gayle-jumping out of a 15 story window of M.I.T (University here, for anyone not familiar with it), ON L Ron Hubbard's B-day! (His Mom was a Spokesperson for CCHR, too). Ya have to wonder IF some of these kids *could* have gotten some help outside of $cientology--would they be alive today?

The case being dropped is awful---but there shall be no "Cheers" on this one, really. Scientology is going down the drain faster than a speeding bullet. :yes: This is just one more reason why NOT to ever join ANY Scientology organizations. To those supporting this? My sympathies to you few left. LRH's Final Policy was "The Way Out IS the Neeeeeeeearest Door". (Hey! He took it, why not you?)
Stop pitching Money their way---it's just being used to suppress we OUT, legal fees, and none used to "help people": Save your money--you WILL need it. Don't believe me: GO LOOK. This is a perfect example! You support this? You think this is a "Win"? Pulllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

Tory/Magoo

PS: Carmen---my deepest sympathies to you. Know that you are among a rather large group of peeps who have been screwed
royally by $cientology, in one way or another, including parents losing their kids to this CULT, Judges being paid off, etc. Doesn't make
it "right" AT ALL____In fact your story makes me cry, too. I wish I could hug you---:hug: You have to know you are loved by many.
Stay strong girl---Karma DOES come around. Be at peace with yourself, knowing you have done the best you can, for now.

Last edited:

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is very disappointing, although not entirely unexpected news.

The prosecution was always going to face an uphill task in trying to get a conviction. The extended period of time since the (alleged) offence and the unpalatable prospect of facing the might of the cult’s legal machine all counted against justice being served. I’m sure that the cult made certain that there was no physical evidence and it would come down to a case of one person’s word against another/s.

But to hear that coaching a minor to lie to the police in order to protect an offender was not illegal in 1985 and therefore no offence was committed, is beyond belief. :no:

Jan Eastgate and the cult probably think that they have dodged a bullet here, but I’m sure that there are plenty more unexploded skeletons waiting to go off in the closet.

What would be interesting, is to watch out for Eastgate being quietly removed from CCHR after a suitable period of time. She has been tainted and will be viewed as a liability now.

Axiom142

johnAnchovie

Still raging
I am very, very angry that the cult got to people at the top of and above the DPP.

The headline must read 'Scientology rapes Australia's ODPP'. Because that is what has just happened.

They have no respect for social justice, legal jurisprudence, the rights of the child and the cohesion of our society. The scientology people are rapacious and without morals. Thugs, bullies and mafiaesque, they are hated.

Carmen, you poor darling. I am so very sorry. Your and your mother's hurt are being felt the world over at this moment.

Just know this: Scientology, its executives, its perverters of what is right and good has been seen across the world, and it will continue to be seen and all their nasty tactics will not help them when they topple, when the weight of anger and hatred of their evil David Miscavige led actions reaches tipping point.

Tunisia, Libya, Egypt. All led by corrupt and brutal regimes fell because people had enough. That is happening right now with the scientology criminal cult.

Special message to David Miscavige.

You are a swine, your people are swine. You had better be scared, you should look at how Gaddafi was torn to pieces, a mad dog who had it all, Jets, private armies, foreign billions, he died like a rabid cur dog dragged as he was from a sewer pipe.

In your own fucked up speak: You have committed too many overts, you cannot be forgiven, there is no one left to forgive you. You have become an SP. I ain't doing you in. Anonymous ain't doing you in. You are doing yourself in.

Enjoy the malt whiskey while you can afford it. You are an alcoholic by the way, and a badly addicted man in many other ways. Your future is very bleak.

On Carmen you fall.

Remember this Pyrrhic victory, Miscavige, that is all it is. You and your nasty little cult will fall.

Last edited:

Feral

Rogue male
But to hear that coaching a minor to lie to the police in order to protect an offender was not illegal in 1985 and therefore no offence was committed, is beyond belief. :no:

Axiom142

This bit isn't quite as it seems. As it was explained to me, the law did provide the prosecutor with something like "obstructing the the course of the law". But the charge that was leveled was actually not even in existence when the alleged crime was committed.

Public pressure should be brought to bear on the Prosecutors to refile the correct charges, pronto. All aid should be given in finding those "missing" (not really so hard to find, were they?) witnesses, etc. and any evidence of old records being destroyed.

Jan Eastgate is a child abuser. I'll bet their publicists LOVE having John Travolta and Tom Cruise's names in close association with hers. Another footbullit for OSA! :clap:

Big hugs to Carmen and her Mum for doing the right thing, hard as it was to do, which helps to educate and protect others. Hold your heads up high. Even if no other actions are taken in this matter, this has shown the world how utterly devoid of compassion, honor and respect for human rights the Cult called the Church of Scientology really is, and how souless are it's Corporate Executives. I'm very proud of you for working to right a wrong for the benefit of all the other little children whose vitimization might also be hushed up and lied about in this matter by the COS, which truly is an evil entity in our midst.

FUCK OSA!

Every single OSA operative, including PI's, who worked to subvert justice in this matter should be facing criminal charges.

smartone

My Own Boss
Charges have been dropped for whatever reason but has that changed public opinion of either the cult or Jan Eastgate?:no:

Will there be a large proportion of people who believe Jan is innocent of the charges?:no:

Will this somehow exonerate the cult for its many, varied and now very well-known atrocities?:no:

I'm sure that sighs of relief have been heard at Int and Hemet as well as CLO in Sydney, but this is just another battle that the cult has managed to stop from being totally annihilated in. They have a lot more they are fighting and not winning at, even if they manage to buy off the attack at the last minute.:yes:

The real victories are the number of individuals who walk out of the cult and never go back.

And on that front, the cult IS being annihilated.

This all stinks of a payoff. SOP.

Just an aside..... I only have to mention the word 'Scientology' to the many people I've met since leaving that cult and they grimace because each and every one of them have heard of the cult and know it to be very nasty.

The bad PR is working. People are leaving Scientology like rats on a sinking ship. :yes:

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
This must be bitterly disappointing for Carmen. And as many above have pointed out, that the DPP dropped the charges does NOT mean Eastgate, and Scientology, are innocent.

I've said before that a wise man told me that if there's a choice between believing something's a conspiracy or something's the result of incompetence, go for incompetence every time. I see no reason to disbelieve Carmen's report of what the DPP told her, and this seems to be incompetence of the very highest, riskiest order. I hope someone at the DPP gets severely dealt with for this, as that little bit of incompetence has messed up lives.

As an aside, I also thought Eastgate's media release was unaccountably sober, much more than usual -- no jeering hurrahs this time apart from the inevitable expression of "innocence". I hope she realises what a lucky escape she had from punishment.

As always, thanks Zhent for posting the vid.

JackStraw

Can't they just vacate the current charge and arrest her for the earlier (1980) charge?

Seems simple to me...

Jack

jenni with an eye

Well... I'm bitterly disappointed for Carmen. :angry:

I was really hoping that at the end of the day justice would prevail.

What an incredible brave young lady Carmen is. :heartflower:

Jan & the cofs may think they got away with this one but just remember

karma is a bitch & she's my friend...this too will come back to haunt you :shark:

freethinker

Sponsor
That this kind of thing can happen is a sure indication the government officials are too corrupt or corruptable to do their purported duty.

That Carmen could find witnesses in a few hours that the police could not find in months means this outcome was decided a long time ago and time was added to quell the outrage that would result.

That a prosecutor would lay a charge that didn't exist when there was a charge that could have been is not incompetence, but a planned failure, unless you wish to believe a prosecutor would not crack open a law book to check on a law 35 years ago.

The truth is is all crimes are commercial and the one with the deepest pockets wins the way the system is set up. The supposed cost to the taxpayers was considered too costly over achieving justice.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
That this kind of thing can happen is a sure indication the government officials are too corrupt or corruptable to do their purported duty.

That Carmen could find witnesses in a few hours that the police could not find in months means this outcome was decided a long time ago and time was added to quell the outrage that would result.

That a prosecutor would lay a charge that didn't exist when there was a charge that could have been is not incompetence, but a planned failure, unless you wish to believe a prosecutor would not crack open a law book to check on a law 35 years ago.

The truth is is all crimes are commercial and the one with the deepest pockets wins the way the system is set up. The supposed cost to the taxpayers was considered too costly over achieving justice.

MOAR and MOAR we see this to be true.
How far we've come from when we were little kids and trusted
IF "Justice" was needed, "Justice" would be taken care of.

Now most of America is run---in fear of the criminals.
We, the people, are just minor bit players--for the most part.
((Ok: YOU big shots aren't...............:roflmao: Really?
You didn't get the memo?))

Well......onward and upward, even so. Karma will come about,
just as in Tommy Cruise's :bs:---I told DM on-line: "Karma WILL
come about--and probably in the LEAST expected way".
When TC jumped on Oprah's couch and told Matt Lower "You
don't know the source of Psychiatry".......I went:

BINGO!

And sure enough---it really changed a lot,
for the worse for C of $...great for us.

So hang in there....History DOES repeat itself and this
is NOT a "Win" for them..no matter how bad it seems.
To ALL who care.........really care :cheers:

Tory/Magoo

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
janeastgateimpact.jpg

The_Fixer

Class Clown
I may be off the track here, but here I go.

Like any government department here in Australia that does not produce a reasonable income and is a source of huge financial drain, the DPP may have thought that this would be a case that would become a huge drain on their financial resources given the pitbull nature of the defendant and her society's backers.

That and whether they thought it was politically worthwhile for the outcome given the input required.

It may have simply been a decision based upon financial consideration and political expendience combined?

Our legal prosecution system here has walked into one disaster after another over the years. One of the most noticeable I remember was the Lindy Chamberlain case ("The dingo got my baby!", of Evil Angels fame, or infamy). All that case exposed was the poor police investigation performance and the bastard mentality of the prosecution. There are many others here, that was just one example.

I don't necessarily think there was corruption involved. I believe we often have a lazy and inept police investigation network here, which often has to work under intense political pressure and an even worse legal representative system. Underfunding also creates other problems as well.

Before I get hung over that last comment, there are good people for sure in these systems. They are often pushed under by politics and the real truth often never surfaces until many years later.

freethinker

Sponsor
Doesn't all that fit corruption? The politics taking precedence over justice and people who CAN carry it out.
I may be off the track here, but here I go.

Like any government department here in Australia that does not produce a reasonable income and is a source of huge financial drain, the DPP may have thought that this would be a case that would become a huge drain on their financial resources given the pitbull nature of the defendant and her society's backers.

That and whether they thought it was politically worthwhile for the outcome given the input required.

It may have simply been a decision based upon financial consideration and political expendience combined?

Our legal prosecution system here has walked into one disaster after another over the years. One of the most noticeable I remember was the Lindy Chamberlain case ("The dingo got my baby!", of Evil Angels fame, or infamy). All that case exposed was the poor police investigation performance and the bastard mentality of the prosecution. There are many others here, that was just one example.

I don't necessarily think there was corruption involved. I believe we often have a lazy and inept police investigation network here, which often has to work under intense political pressure and an even worse legal representative system. Underfunding also creates other problems as well.

Before I get hung over that last comment, there are good people for sure in these systems. They are often pushed under by politics and the real truth often never surfaces until many years later.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
This bit isn't quite as it seems. As it was explained to me, the law did provide the prosecutor with something like "obstructing the the course of the law". But the charge that was leveled was actually not even in existence when the alleged crime was committed.

What I don't understand is that there was apparently another charge recently added. If that was also a mistake then it is a compounded one and pretty inexcusable.

Carmen - :hug::grouphug::rose:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
This is from OCMB

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=69967&sid=f729eedc69ecbe01a6ebb89caf6943d3

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/925/...eastgate-myers-coverup-of-child-sexual-abuse/

Petition to Recharge, Jan Eastgate Myers
Overview****
Jan Easgate is a high ranking member of Scientology who is alleged to have covered up child sexual abuse in that organization in 1985. She coached a mother and daughter (Carmen Rainer) to lie to the police about her stepfather (a member of Scientology) who had molested her as a minor. Ms. Eastgae was charged with two counts of "Perverting the Course of Justice" that were dropped on April 23rd 2012 under suspicious circumstances. Scientology has a history of manipulating the police and courts in to dropping cases. The dropping of this case has very serious questions surrounding it and there are contradictory facts found in relation to the stated reasons for the charges being dropped. The victim in this case has a right to her day in court and victims of this type of crime have a right to know justice will be done when they report it.

This petition is letting the prosecutors office know that the public is watching and that the reasons they gave do not stand up to scrutiny.

The petition Letter ****
We the undersigned are informing the Australia - New South Wales - Prosecutors Office that we demand justice for victim Carmen Rainer. The Prosecutors Office publicly dropped charges of "Perverting the Course of Justice" against Ms. Jan Eastgate Myers on or about the 23rd of April 2012 for her alleged involvement of covering up the sexual abuse of Ms. Rainer when she was a minor in 1985. We the undersigned find the excuses for dropping the charges by the Prosecutors Office and refusing to recharge unexceptable for the following reasons.

1. It has been stated that the law Ms. Eastgate was charged with did not exists in 1985. It is well known that there are laws on the books that do cover this time period that would cover an appropriate charge.

2. That witnesses needed to pursue the case are not able to be located by the police. This has been proven to be false. An article in the Village Voice date 24th of April 2012 show that the individuals were tracked down by common google searches and reached within an hour of looking.

3. This case is of importance to the victim and to the public at large. The victim has broken down in an emotional state in front of rolling TV cameras when learning of the failure of your offices to peruse to this matter. It also sets the dangerous precedence of letting victims know that there is no point in reporting abuse or those that coached them to remain quite prior to the date of what law you referred to in dropping this case.

4. There was a clear case to charge Ms. Eastgate in the first place and that the state felt it could get a conviction based on the original case. It was stated that due to a technicality of the law she was charged with and the now proven to be debunked excuse of not reaching witnesses that the charges were dropped. Being that nothing has changed about the validity of the charges and that the potential witness list has been strengthened, there is no reason for your offices not to recharge Ms. Eastgate.

It is for these reasons that we the undersigned demand that the New South Wales - Prosecutors Office recharge Ms. Jan Eastgate Myers with appropriate charges for this case and let justice run its course.