What's new

Chemical Wedding - New LRH movie!

Pascal

Silver Meritorious Patron
Jack Parsons was a brilliant chemist and inventor of the rocket fuel used for the US space flight to the moon. He was also a fanatical believer in the Magic of Aleister Crowley the aging occultist who considered himself 'The Beast' incarnate. In 1947 Jack Parsons and L. Ron Hubbard were performing Crowley's mystic rituals in a house in Pasadena, California. Parsons wrote excitedly to his occult leader, Crowley. 'I have had the most devastating experience of my life. I have been in direct touch with One who is most Holy and Beautiful as mentioned in your 'Book of the Law'. First instructions were received through Lafayette Ron Hubbard the seer. I have followed them to the letter. There was a desire for incarnation. I am to act as an instructor, guardian, guide for nine months; then it will be loosed on the world...' Crowley wrote despairingly to a disciple about Parsons: It appears that he has given away both his girl and his money to this writer of science fiction and is now invoking the ritual to produce a MOONCHILD. I am fairly frantic...' Nine months later while being visited by two students from Cambridge, Crowley died of cardiac degeneration. Missing from his personal possessions was his pocket-watch. His funeral took place in the Chapel of the Brighton Crematorium. The final rites were performed by the novelist Louis Marlowe reading extracts from Crowley's 'Book of the Law'. The Brighton Echo denounced the whole ceremony as a Black Mass. In 1952 Jack Parsons was blown up in his laboratory in Pasadena. L. Ron Hubbard died on his yacht as leader of the controversial Church of Scientology. But did the issue end with these three deaths? Would Crowley, as he claimed, ever return from death to rule the world? Why did US astronauts name a crater on the moon after Jack Parsons? Is L. Ron Hubbard really dead? What had been generated by the ceremony in California that seemed to signal Crowley's demise? And what happened to the missing pocket-watch? Unanswered questions till, late in the twentieth century, when Dr. Joshua Mathers brought a 'state of the art' interactive suit from Cal Tech California to Cambridge in England to be hitched up to the Z93, the biggest super-cooled, super-conductive computer in the world.

http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0974536/

Get it on eMule or Torrent.

:thumbsup:

klidov

A good portion of what is written here is true, and I have seen validated by different sources.

And there are a LOT of questions about Jack Parson's death, since he had his own lab (in the basement), and was extremely careful while mixing compounds. The explosion was caused by mixing some chemicals that even a first-year would know not to mix, let alone a genius like Jack Parsons.

Add also that Jack Parsons had sued (and won) against Elron, for the theft of his money & yacht. He only recovered a part of the stolen money.

There are whispers in the Occult world that Elron may have had a wee bit to do with the "accident" that killed Jack Parsons, especially because Elron stole Parson's girlfriend, and married her despite still being married to another wife.

She (the second wife & Jack Parson's former lover) helped Elron steal both the money & the ship.

ScudMuffin

It's not an LRH mobie you dork, it's a crowley movie. It was originally meant to be based on the Bruce Dickenson album "Chemical Wedding", released in 1998. but changed into an unrelated script. The film is based on that.

The film's about some professor doing a necromancy job on Crowleys brain and stuff, though I'd of preffered something based on the LP (I've been waiting for this film for 10 years).

http://www.sci-fi-london.com/festival/2008/programme/feature/chemical-wedding.php

Yeah, no L. Con here and rightly so.

[edit]

reference to "an American sci-fi writer" at the begining, that's about it so far. 1/3rd the way through.

Last edited:

Smitty

A good portion of what is written here is true, and I have seen validated by different sources.
And there are a LOT of questions about Jack Parson's death, since he had his own lab (in the basement), and was extremely careful while mixing compounds. The explosion was caused by mixing some chemicals that even a first-year would know not to mix, let alone a genius like Jack Parsons.
Add also that Jack Parsons had sued (and won) against Elron, for the theft of his money & yacht. He only recovered a part of the stolen money.
There are whispers in the Occult world that Elron may have had a wee bit to do with the "accident" that killed Jack Parsons, especially because Elron stole Parson's girlfriend, and married her despite still being married to another wife.
She (the second wife & Jack Parson's former lover) helped Elron steal both the money & the ship.

The scientology shore story is that Hubbard was working for U.S. Naval Intelligence on a secret program to discourage Parsons from involving himself with Crowley and the occult. However, Freedom of Information Act requests have not shown there was ever such a program and no witnesses exist or have come forward to substantiate the claims of the shore story.
What Hubbard did do is confidence trick Parsons out of his money and yacht. That is fact. The lab explosion may have been engineered by Hubbard. He is the only person who could have benefited from murdering Parsons.
"Never fear to hurt another in a just cause." Ron the Conman. Ron the Bigamist. Ron the Murderer.

Smitty

Last edited:

ScudMuffin

There's several references to Parsons (more plot centric), where as "Ron Hubbard" is a passing mention. Almost at the end, it's more about Crowley and trying to produce a "moonchild". And, of course, an excuse to have lots of sex on screen.

[edit]

Going through deleted scenes on the DVD, apparently the CoS stopped them using the main direct reference about Parsons giving money to hubbard that was supposed to go to Crowley. Also there's a bio of him in part of the extras menu. It also mentions several links to Crowleys Work from Scientology/Dianetics.

Last edited: