What's new

Child of Scientologists: hi

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I left Scientology 20 years ago. And for a long time, I believed stuff just like the other people do here.

But just like I did when I got myself out of Scientology, I've gotten myself out of the Anti-Scientology views that most people here have, as well, by applying critical thinking to those, too.

I'd just like to say that you have alternative ways to interpret your time spent in Scientology than the standard anticult movement belief system allows. I found that the anticult movement beliefs I picked up after Scientology were actually more damaging to me than my earlier Scientology beliefs were.

The Church of Scientology under David Miscavige is a cult, and you should keep yourself informed of the abuses. But the beliefs these people have tend to make them very hysterical about Scientology and cults and brainwashing, and I found that's no way to go through life.

Here's a post I wrote about that on my blog:

How the AntiCult Movement Ideology Harms Ex Members

Welcome to ESMB, LearningConcern.
I don't need you to tell me how I should interpret my time spent in scientology, I'm quite capable of doing that for myself.

Why does it bother you personally if other people are 'hysterical' (I haven't noticed any hysteria here myself, and this group is obviously who you are aiming your remarks at) about scientology and cults and brainwashing?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I don't need you to tell me how I should interpret my time spent in scientology, I'm quite capable of doing that for myself.

Why does it bother you personally if other people are 'hysterical' (I haven't noticed any hysteria here myself, and this group is obviously who you are aiming your remarks at) about scientology and cults and brainwashing?
Hi there, Strati.

You can definitely interpret your time in Scientology any way you want.

I was just telling @learningconcern that there are alternatives to the way you interpret things. And I think those alternatives are more productive, constructive, and reflect the truth better, too.

Hystericism is not good for a person. Especially over time.

Dotey OT

Cyclops Duck of the North - BEWARE
Hystericism is not good for a person.

After inspecting the disaster that is the Facebook group "Scientology Deprogramming", and looking into the various cabals that are being ranted about, I had to go outside and get a breath of fresh air. Seriously. I don't think I would want to visit that group for any reason in the future. I wonder how anyone can take that level of noisy, people bashing racket. Talk about hysterical, there never was a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Maybe the people are ok, but they certainly are a hateful and very excited group. I wonder what is happening there? How did it come to that? ESMB can have it's moments, but I believe rationality prevails, at least from my perspective.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

After inspecting the disaster that is the Facebook group "Scientology Deprogramming", and looking into the various cabals that are being ranted about, I had to go outside and get a breath of fresh air. Seriously. I don't think I would want to visit that group for any reason in the future. I wonder how anyone can take that level of noisy, people bashing racket. Talk about hysterical, there never was a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Maybe the people are ok, but they certainly are a hateful and very excited group. I wonder what is happening there? How did it come to that? ESMB can have it's moments, but I believe rationality prevails, at least from my perspective.
I try and steer clear of Facebook most of the time. Not for any particular reason other than I can't figure out how to work it, it's completely beyond me, but having read your post I think I might take a wander over there and see what's going on.

Dotey OT

I try and steer clear of Facebook most of the time. Not for any particular reason other than I can't figure out how to work it, it's completely beyond me, but having read your post I think I might take a wander over there and see what's going on.
Your homework is to find the definition of Rinder Ninnie.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa

You do realize that, in one side of your mouth, you are saying that you wonder how anyone can take noisy, people bashing, while in the other side of your mouth you are bashing those people as "scum"?

Dotey OT

You do realize that, in one side of your mouth, you are saying that you wonder how anyone can take noisy, people bashing, while in the other side of your mouth you are bashing those people as "scum"?
Well, actually I was making a play on words from Star Wars episode 4, but you are correct that I do wonder how people could survive in that.

And I will note that you pointed it out.

But you did not refute that it indeed was going on.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Well, actually I was making a play on words from Star Wars episode 4, but you are correct that I do wonder how people could survive in that.

And I will note that you pointed it out.

But you did not refute that it indeed was going on.
Yes. It is one of the very few places on the Internet where Ex-Scientologists are allowed to express this kind of criticism.

It's an Open group, not a closed one. And it allows all kinds of viewpoints - from never ins such as Angry Gay Pope and others, to freezoners, to Ex & Antis.

I believe that the trend of stifling free speech and banning people for criticizing the wrong people (because criticizing people goes on all the time in the closed groups, too) is very bad for Exes after Scientology.

Who the hell would get out of a cult and put up with that kind of information control?

I sure don't.

Last edited:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
(snip)

Telling these people that Hubbard was a fiction-writing conman doesn't gel with what they are observing and experiencing in their early days in Scientology, though it will be retained in the back of their mind as a vague doubt, to be added to as they observe more and more of the 'out points' of the organisation. When people told me "ah, he was a science-fiction writer, so OF COURSE the whole thing is a con", it made me vigilant, but it didn't persuade me that the fascinating body of spiritual writing that he had produced (and that I was gradually consuming) was bogus.

(snip)
The Hubbard as Science Fiction Writer narrative is 100 degrees inverted the way Scientologists think.

Non-Scientologists point to this as a negative explaining that Hubbard is only using his imagination to exploit people as part of a deliberate con.

But Scientologists believe that Hubbard and other science fiction writers are simply subconsciously tapping into bits and pieces of past life recall and to the degree that they are naturally OT they can do this better than others. LRH was so OT that he could deliberately draw on his past life recall to make enough money selling Sci-Fi which financed his early research into Dianetics and Scientology and therefore made a vital contribution to their philosophy in it's infancy.

This is part of the larger problem with Scientology indoctrination. Once you operate on the basis (stable datum) that anything can be explained in the context of past lives anything becomes possible and any rationalization for the resulting behavior becomes justifiable. One thing that Scientologists dare not do is honestly question the possibility that past lives do not exist or at least that they do not exist the way Hubbard says they exist. KSW essentially makes that kind of doubt a crime and because they want this to be true so much they accept that as well so now to challenge their doubts about past lives and Sci-Fi is to challenge their sense of ethics, justice and discipline and to confirm the existence of SPs and the long list of other enemies of spiritual freedom.