What's new

Children on the Purification Rundown

jojo

Patron
Just going through some old papers and I found a KR written back in the 80's by my husband. Here it is (some names will be changed):

About 3 wks ago Reggie regged me and my wife to buy a purif and audition package for my son (17 yrs old) and daughter (5 years old). The cycle was sold based on a loan from XXX Realty that hasn't gone through yet. Reggie said that the purif was really set up to handle 5 year olds. Both my wife and I expressed surprise that a 5 year old could do the purif. Reggie further assured us that my daughter would be well taken care of and that she would understand what she was doing and would be well controlled and handled through it.

However from my, my wife's and son's observations this did not occur. When I was there I observed the I/C's sitting in their offices most of the time or leaving the area to go elsewhere in the org. At no time did I see them dressed for the sauna. On my daughter's second day my wife called the I/C phone to check on our daughter. The phone was answered by a young child who said that neither of the two I/C's were there and did not know where they were or when they would return.

There were several young children on the purif at the time. When my son was there he had to constantly keep after my daughter to stay in the sauna when we weren't there. My wife told me that one time when she was there a man asked the I/C who was watching the children (pointing to a little girl who had been running in and out of the sauna). The I/C's reply was that the "didn't need to be watched."

When I helped my daughter with her report there was little or no understanding as to what the report was. Invariably when I asked her if she had any cravings for a certain food she would say "Yeah, McDonald's!" She is also unable to count very well so it was difficult to give us anything but random numbers for how long she had been in the sauna or how much water she drank, etc.

My wife asked my daughter at the end of the third week if she felt she had gotten all the "yukkie stuff" out of her body. Some time later she was taken to attest. My wife accompanied her and observed the cans were adult sized and way to large for a 5-year old's hands. My wife asked the examiner what the TA was. He told her it was 4.5. She asked him if he was aware of the False TA checklist he said he was. During the exam an F/N was never indicated. Then the examiner asked my daughter to write a success story about the purif. She originated that she did not want to.

My wife and daughter were then routed to the registrar to be signed up for her next action. While waiting for the registrar the receptionist said that my daughter needed to do the PTS/SP course. My wife politely replied that my daughter could not read or write yet.

This is true.
Signed ________________

Note: From reg cycle to completion this is an OFF POLICY CYCLE and I am EXTREMELY UPSET and say this mildly and politely.

This KR went completely ignored.

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
There is no other way to describe putting a 5 year old on the purif other than child endangerment.

Caroline

Patron Meritorious
Thank you for posting, jojo. Parents everywhere should be warned about the dangers of this quackery.

Mace Kingsley said:
mk-purif-mailer-01.jpg

mk-purif-mailer-02.jpg

We're seeking simply to handle the drug deposits and toxic residues in their restimulation and reinforcement of the bank, and vice versa."

"... with these factors handled, the individual is now ready for all the spiritual gain that can be achieved in his future processing."

Purification RD Series 5 HCOB 21 May 1980
Purification Rundown Case Data

The Mace-Kingsley Purif is hopping with kids in the sauna sweating out toxins & radiation left and right! :omg:

Contact the Registrar at Mace-Kingsley Family Center to get your child on THE BRIDGE® Classification, Gradation, and Awareness Chart [...]

Mace-Kingsley Delivers the Purification Rundown

"Freedom for the child means freedom for you."
- L Ron Hubbard, from Child Dianetics page 8

-- side 2 --

Purification Rundown® Success Stories

"I have had many great wins from the Purification Rundown: Heightened senses (sight, smell, hearing). The ability I have regained that means the most is my reclaimation of my memory and mental quickness... only the Purification Rundown has been able to give those back to me! Thanks!" G.R.

"I did my Purification Rundown at Mace-Kingsley when I was six years old. It was my first real step on The Bridge. Now I'm co-auditing on New Era Dianetics Rundown and I'm the Case Supervisor here at the mission. Thank you for doing what you do." L.K.

I really enjoyed being on the Purification Rundown! I had a lot of fun in the sauna and playing games with the Purif In Charge! I also feel very light and free from drugs that restimulated me. I feel much better as a being and I can see my goals in life much more clearly!!! Thank you! Yay!" D.P. 12 yrs.

"On the Purification Rundown I realized how dull I was body-wise and while running through it I became more and more full of energy. Everything I ran out never ever came back and that surely made me feel better. When I realized I was done I felt great. I looked in the mirror and thought, 'this is what I really look like!' It was great!" EG.

This was such an awesome step for me, especially at this point in my life where I want to make a complete turn around and handle all that I've needed to handle for years. I feel so energized and ready for my next steps. I feel like myself. It's been so long since I felt this way that I don't remember ever feeling quite this good. Even before I did drugs I wasn't happy and eager to get on with my life as I now am! Now my goals seem real and obtainable. I know I can do anything I put my mind to now that I'm free of the toxins that were weighing me down! M.M.B. 16 yrs.

"I feel so great now that I've finished the Purification Rundown. I used to get headaches; they are all gone now! A week ago I lost a bag. I could not find it anywhere! A few days ago I remembered exactly where it was and why I needed it. I remembered that it was in my jacket and in it were two library books. I looked there and that's where it was. The Purification Rundown has made the quality of my life better. My memory has also increased and I also lose fewer things; I see more beauty in life." J.L. 12 yrs.

"We are not concerned with handling bodies on the Purification Rundown; our concern is freeing up the individual spiritually." -LRH HCOB 25 0ct 1985R

"I feel so much better now that I have finished the Purification Rundown; not only my body but just 'me'. I feel like I can actually think faster and I got rid of some comm lag I used to have. I also feel like I can move around faster, like I am no longer carrying anything else around with me. I feel happy and healthy and it's a great feeling." T.P.

"I feel like I'm clean and can think more clearly. I feel 110% better than I did before I began the Purification Rundown and I no longer feel the effects of drugs in my body." M.R.

"I've attained a feeling of peace & serenity. I'm happy being me. I would urge anyone to do the Purification Rundown." J.L.B.

I now have an overall feeling of serenity. My level of awareness seems to have increased. Any personal problems that I've encountered lately do not overwhelm me as in the past, the problems don't consume my thoughts." J.L.B.

Start Now!

Terms and Definitions:

The bank: a colloquial name for the Reactive mind.

Bridge, The: the route to Clear and OT which we call the Classification, Gradation and Awareness Chart. It is a term originating in early Dianetics days to symbolize travel from unknowingness to revelation.

Case Supervisor (C/S): The C/S is the auditor's "handler". He tells the auditor what to do, keeps the lines straight and keeps the auditor calm and willing and winning. The C/S directs what auditing actions are done for each individual preclear under his care. All case supervision is for the benefit of the preclears.

Communication (Comm) Lag: the length of time intervening between the asking of the question and the reply to that specific question.

New Era Dianetics (NED):
a summary and refinement of Dianetics based upon thirty years of experience in the application of the subject.

Reactive Mind: that portion of a person's mind which works on a totally stimulus-response basis, which is not under his volitional control and which exerts force and the power of command over his awareness, purposes, thoughts, body and actions. The reactive mind is where engrams are stored.

The Purification Rundown (Purif): a special rundown (series of specific actions done on a case) designed to purify and clean out of one's system the restimulative drug or chemical residues which could act to prevent case gain from Dianetics or Scientology processing.

Restimulation: the reactivation of an existing incident.

© 2005 Mace-Kingsley Family Center. All Rights Reserved. Grateful acknowledgment is made to L. Ron Hubbard Library for permission to reproduce selections from the copyrighted works of L. Ron Hubbard. New Era Dianetics, The Bridge, Purification Rundown, Scientology, Dianetics, NED, OT and Hubbard are trademarks and service marks owned by Religious Technology Center and are used with its permission. Services relating to Scientology religious philosophy are delivered throughout the world exclusively by licensees of the Church of Scientology International with the permission of Religious Technology Center, holder of the SCIENTOLOGY and DIANETICS trademarks. Printed in USA.

Mace-Kingsley Delivers the Purification Rundown, (2005). [Advertisement].

jojo

Patron
There is no other way to describe putting a 5 year old on the purif other than child endangerment.

Me and my husband were so gullible. We bought everything hook line and sinker even if deep down inside we knew it was wrong. As parents we were responsible for protecting our children from the harm and exploitation of the COS.

My children were damaged beyond belief because of my involvement with the church and I can never forgive myself for the neglect they suffered.

I am just grateful that they never joined the SO.

You now, on some level I know that this kind of stuff goes on, that there is child auditing and child ethics actions and the Cadet Org (still) and minors going onto staff in various places, etc.

But hearing a direct personal story about it is really painful for me.

I am really horrified to think of young children doing the purif. NO ONE should be doing the purif...it is not a safe or healthy practice. It is pure quackery and malpractice. Any medical Doctor who "signs off" on it should lose their license to practice medicine!

The whole way children are treated in the COS Cult just makes me so very sad, and so very angry.

Jojo, thanks for sharing that extremely painful part of your past family life with us here, that took courage.

I hope your kids are okay today. I'm with you, in being glad that they never joined the SO...but are they out of the Cult? I sure hope so!

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Me and my husband were so gullible. We bought everything hook line and sinker even if deep down inside we knew it was wrong. As parents we were responsible for protecting our children from the harm and exploitation of the COS.

My children were damaged beyond belief because of my involvement with the church and I can never forgive myself for the neglect they suffered.

One parent to another - please don't beat yourself up ... hey we thought we were doing the best for our kids at the time, whatever we did.
I have apologised to my (now adult) children, and they did understand. The most important thing is that it is over, and everything you do from here on out is with open eyes and heart. Be kind to yourself, because our children learn from us ... always.

Coyote13

Thought Criminal
I did the purif when I was 10 or 11 years old, my brother Bryan was a year younger than I and my little sister Angela was 5 or 6. This was in 1987 or 1988 about. It was fun at first, then with all the vitamins and oil and sitting in the sauna( imagine that, a kid would rather go out and be a kid than sit for weeks doing crazy scientology shit) it was pretty horrible. There was no choice on our part. My brother and I ran away from LA day all the time from the basement area and someone would try and grab us when they discovered what we had been doing( we'd then walk back home, which was right across from the manor at the shangri lodge). We got the purif for a christmas present( instead of toys/clothes, or other useful things) and we were supposed to be hella appreciative, lol. My experience is that absolutely parents and other adults force children to do scientology courses/programs. My brother and little sister finished before I did, and since I had to go by myself, I didnt want to go anymore, but when I told then I wa done, they said I wasn't( I recal an emeter, and I recall telling them them exactly what mybrother and little sister told them). I had to go for a few more days till I again told them that I was done and how I had more energy and was more alive and felt more aware and blah blah blah and there was emeter there too, but they said I was doneand I wrote it up. Was similar for the "success through communications course" that my brother and I twinned on after the purif( I also had to do the "how to get along with others" course somewhere in there).

When we didnt want to do our coursework(or the purif), it wasnt like we chose not to do something that was "up to us". When we didnt want to go or blew when we got there(like going to the bathroom and then walking out instead :) ). Yes, our parents made us go, but as well, we had to see the ethics officer at LA day/f several times, so it wasn't just our parents who forced us to do courses and such, it as other scientologists as well as scientologists actually on staff. STaff would be the ones who would run and bring us back and tell us we were out ethics and that "its for our own good"( as well as our parents saying that).

In my eyes, if you are an adult and want to sell your soul, thats on you, but you dont have the right to sell out your children, no matter how much you call it religion. An adult might believe they are doing something right for the child, but that doesnt make it right. A parent needs to listen to their children and not discount their problems or complaints as being PTS, banky, enturbulative, dev t, out ethics, dramatizing, etc etc. I saw it a lot. When children behaved and did what was expected, then all was good, but have any sort of difficulty or poblem that didnt fit the "tech" solution, then you were given a label, discounting and invalidating your problems as not valid or made up by you( or your engrams or whatever). Scientology teaches that you dont have to, or even its harmful, to validate bank/ptsness, etc, even in kids, so if a kid doesnt want to do coursework, they need to be handled. An adult who chooses to be crazy( I believe $cientology is voluntary disconnection from reality and willful suspension of cognitive faculties in favor of wishful thinking), is entitled to their choice, but they dont have the right to do that to a child, even if they are the parent.

For the record, the purif didnt do anything at all for me except make me feel hella sick. I felt hella better once I stopped being forced to sit in the sauna and take niacin and oil. As well, I had the same energy and awareness I did prior to the purif, but when I told them that, I had to do the purif for a few more days till I told them my made up success story and they signed off on it and agreed I had reached the goal of the purif. And to this day I still don't know why I needed the purif when I was 11, much less my little sister when she was 6. We sure could have used the money for food and clothes and it would have made our life much hella much better than sitting in a sauna against our wills for hella. I'm sure it was meant for "our own good", but I sure could tell it wasn't good for me and wasn't right, and I was just a kid, so what was my mom and stepfathers excuse that they were so blind? Peace and blessings.

ps I believe in forgiveness and compassion, but as well, I also believe that if a person doesnt realize and acknowledge the persons theyve harmed, theyll probably do it again and havent changed in a way that leads me to believe they wont do the same thing again. Acknowledging the way we've negatively impacted others through our actions shows that we understand(somewhat at least) how we've hurt others and are making strides towards altering our behavior in a manner that leads to not repeating the same hurt to others( or ourselves even), in my eyes at least.

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron

I'm sorry my post was so harsh. I know I did some foolish stuff while in the cult. We were after all, brainwashed.
I don't pray so I'll send 'positive thoughts' your way and hope your kids are alright now.

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
I won't even look at the initial post for this until I say:

"That is just blatantly fucking abusive!!!"

Only now will I go back and read this.

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
Ok, now I am sure:

SCN cares 0 and has absolutely no concern for any outcome via the PURIF Cycle.

Here is a story of my Purif. The C/S did jack fucking shit to make sure I was
KSW. Had no concern for my vitamin, niacin, et al overdosing.

The Purif I/C didn't know jack shit about my general medical concerns or at all whether I was even taking the Vitamins their own KSW tech decided to inflict upon me.

6 months plus? I haven't finished this story even 20+ years after the fact: God bless those fucked up by KSW and anything to do with LRH and his scamology.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?29994-I-could-have-had-a-baby-instead

Xenu's Boyfriend

Silver Meritorious Patron
For me, stories like this are the reason that I feel the "church" is a criminal organization and must be stopped. Not next week, NOW.

These children have been abandoned by Law Enforcement and the legal system. There should be a raid on CoS, like any other cult. There are so many reasons why children shouldn't be in saunas for even a short amount of time, and most gyms have signs that say this - not to mention children in saunas unsupervised with adults, or adult staff. How many "toxics" can a fucking five year old have - you haven't lived long enough to even have toxics, unless we're talking about toxins from a "past life"...WTF?

Hubbard had no scientific information that said that the rundown works, for anyone, much less kids. But the unbelievable thing is that as soon as it becomes a "religious" ritual, then sudden it isn't accountable to science anymore. Niacin at high levels can be dangerous, hence the gray stuff that comes up on the skin. Hubbard was a flat out, fucking idiot. I can't wait for Scientology to fall - and it's going to fall hard. Children in the rundown, or anywhere else in the church for that matter, is pure insanity, and one day we'll know how many children died in Scientology from neglect.

It makes me sick, and I appreciate the honest it takes to share stories like this, so thank you. Hopefully Jenna's speaking out will encourage others to come forward with their childhood stories as well.

The more I read and the more stories I hear, the more I understand that Scientology is 100% perfectly, absolutely, and without reservation, completely and utterly destructive and worthless.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
I did the purif when I was 10 or 11 years old, my brother Bryan was a year younger than I and my little sister Angela was 5 or 6. This was in 1987 or 1988 about. It was fun at first, then with all the vitamins and oil and sitting in the sauna( imagine that, a kid would rather go out and be a kid than sit for weeks doing crazy scientology shit) it was pretty horrible. There was no choice on our part. My brother and I ran away from LA day all the time from the basement area and someone would try and grab us when they discovered what we had been doing( we'd then walk back home, which was right across from the manor at the shangri lodge). We got the purif for a christmas present( instead of toys/clothes, or other useful things) and we were supposed to be hella appreciative, lol. My experience is that absolutely parents and other adults force children to do scientology courses/programs. My brother and little sister finished before I did, and since I had to go by myself, I didnt want to go anymore, but when I told then I wa done, they said I wasn't( I recal an emeter, and I recall telling them them exactly what mybrother and little sister told them). I had to go for a few more days till I again told them that I was done and how I had more energy and was more alive and felt more aware and blah blah blah and there was emeter there too, but they said I was doneand I wrote it up. Was similar for the "success through communications course" that my brother and I twinned on after the purif( I also had to do the "how to get along with others" course somewhere in there).

When we didnt want to do our coursework(or the purif), it wasnt like we chose not to do something that was "up to us". When we didnt want to go or blew when we got there(like going to the bathroom and then walking out instead :) ). Yes, our parents made us go, but as well, we had to see the ethics officer at LA day/f several times, so it wasn't just our parents who forced us to do courses and such, it as other scientologists as well as scientologists actually on staff. STaff would be the ones who would run and bring us back and tell us we were out ethics and that "its for our own good"( as well as our parents saying that).

In my eyes, if you are an adult and want to sell your soul, thats on you, but you dont have the right to sell out your children, no matter how much you call it religion. An adult might believe they are doing something right for the child, but that doesnt make it right. A parent needs to listen to their children and not discount their problems or complaints as being PTS, banky, enturbulative, dev t, out ethics, dramatizing, etc etc. I saw it a lot. When children behaved and did what was expected, then all was good, but have any sort of difficulty or poblem that didnt fit the "tech" solution, then you were given a label, discounting and invalidating your problems as not valid or made up by you( or your engrams or whatever). Scientology teaches that you dont have to, or even its harmful, to validate bank/ptsness, etc, even in kids, so if a kid doesnt want to do coursework, they need to be handled. An adult who chooses to be crazy( I believe $cientology is voluntary disconnection from reality and willful suspension of cognitive faculties in favor of wishful thinking), is entitled to their choice, but they dont have the right to do that to a child, even if they are the parent.

For the record, the purif didnt do anything at all for me except make me feel hella sick. I felt hella better once I stopped being forced to sit in the sauna and take niacin and oil. As well, I had the same energy and awareness I did prior to the purif, but when I told them that, I had to do the purif for a few more days till I told them my made up success story and they signed off on it and agreed I had reached the goal of the purif. And to this day I still don't know why I needed the purif when I was 11, much less my little sister when she was 6. We sure could have used the money for food and clothes and it would have made our life much hella much better than sitting in a sauna against our wills for hella. I'm sure it was meant for "our own good", but I sure could tell it wasn't good for me and wasn't right, and I was just a kid, so what was my mom and stepfathers excuse that they were so blind? Peace and blessings.

ps I believe in forgiveness and compassion, but as well, I also believe that if a person doesnt realize and acknowledge the persons theyve harmed, theyll probably do it again and havent changed in a way that leads me to believe they wont do the same thing again. Acknowledging the way we've negatively impacted others through our actions shows that we understand(somewhat at least) how we've hurt others and are making strides towards altering our behavior in a manner that leads to not repeating the same hurt to others( or ourselves even), in my eyes at least.

THANK YOU, Coyote13, for sharing this story.

THIS IS WHY !

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Never really liked the purif to begin with but I sorta get it- for adults- if they want to try it cuz they believe in it.

But not for kids.

Item 1: Child lacks the legal capacity to accept it.

Item 2 (more importantly) that's a hell of a lot of stress on a child's body and it's not medically accredited or supervised by a physician.

I found the purif stressful and I was an adult. I cannot imagine sticking a child in a sauna (albeit with breaks and all that, that they do) for hours and hours, days on end, and the megadoses of vitamins. No way.

jojo

Patron
One parent to another - please don't beat yourself up ... hey we thought we were doing the best for our kids at the time, whatever we did.
I have apologised to my (now adult) children, and they did understand. The most important thing is that it is over, and everything you do from here on out is with open eyes and heart. Be kind to yourself, because our children learn from us ... always.

Thank you for that Free. My kids are both out and are adults -- one with children. They do hold it against me that I chose to bring them up in a cult. I think I would feel the same way if my parents did that to me. But at least one of my kids knows I believed I was helping them with Scientology and always wanted the best for them.