What's new

Chris Shelton video channel: What is wrong with Scientology

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Chris Shelton video channel: What is wrong with Scientology.

First video: What is Wrong with Scientology, Part I

[video=youtube_share;4ml9T25oCi0]http://youtu.be/4ml9T25oCi0[/video]

Published on Apr 1, 2014
Destruction is in its DNA

In this first of a multi-part series, I discuss the overall problem with Scientology and how its operating policies cannot help but bring about its eventual destruction as an organized religion.

See my blog for more details of my history in Scientology and my written articles describing specific problems with the Church and how I got out of it. http://mncriticalthinking.com.

Last edited:

8-8008

Patron with Honors
Chris Shelton video channel: What is wrong with Scientology.

First video: What is Wrong with Scientology, Part I

[video=youtube_share;4ml9T25oCi0]http://youtu.be/4ml9T25oCi0[/video]

Great Video Chris !!! Great job on the Editing.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

You ROCK, brother Chris!

So entertaining & illuminating.

Dat choich shouldna oughta f*cked wicha. Datz all im sayin. lol

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Love it! Smooth and easy to follow. Excellent resource for never-in's (and fence-sitters too).

I really like the non-sensationalist, matter-of-fact approach. :yes:

Great work Chris! :clap::clap::clap:

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
I am thrilled to see this. Congratulations Chris. Let the lies be unraveled and more whistle blowers come forward. :yes::yes::yes:

JustSheila

Crusader
:wow:

Chris Shelton is REALLY REALLY GOOD.

What a brilliant idea, and what a unique, no-frills, professional method of rational explanation.

Perfect. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Would Chris like to give a seminar in Australia?

Hmmmm... :yes:

Thanks heaps, Chris. And the videographer.

FascinatedNeverIn

Patron with Honors
This is how videos should be done. Clear, concise, spoken with an authority of knowledge. Well done, Chris.

Something slightly up with the sound on the close-ups, but otherwise superb.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Great production Chris.

It is wonderful that you are speaking as you wish to speak, doing as you wish to do and looking around and learning as you also choose to do. I look forward to the day when many scientologists can and will be as free as you are and this video will truly help others to either stay free or become free of the bad control of the 'church of scientology'. :thumbsup:

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron
KaPOW. What a great set this will make Chris.

Dealing with facts, not faith and allegiances / loyalties.

Plus pushes home this cult can and does con thoughtful, intelligent people

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
That was awesome, Chris. I'll say it again, I can't believe how short a time you've been out. You speak like a long-time Ex.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Chris, would you be able to provide any further information on uhmm I do I say it, ahhh status of the individuals on that list of 100,000? Would it say include a person who hasn't done a service within the last 5 years. I understand the 'cherch' has more names than 100,000 but those would include people from 40 years ago who perhaps just did a personality test or bought a dianetics book from Barnes and Nobles and mailed in a 'more information card' Surely they would not be on that 100,000 list. :unsure:

Chris Shelton

Patron with Honors
Hey, thanks everyone for the great reviews on my first video effort like this. I made a Scientology recruitment video once when I was in the Church for the TC org (I doubt they use it anymore, but it was pretty good if I say so myself) but otherwise this is my first solo effort at making a video like this. It was all done by me, myself and I in my "home studio". It's a lot more work to make these things than you'd think what with having to learn how to work a camera, lights, sound and then speaking to the camera too! Anyway, thanks for the positive and immediate feedback.

I didn't think anyone was even going to see it yet as I just posted it last night and haven't put a link out on it anywhere or anything. I guess someone out there really keeps their eyes open for this sort of thing! I posted it last night and went to bed and woke up this morning to have a bunch of new subscribers on my video channel and over 100 views. Not too shabby for a first night's no-work, LOL.

I've got the scripts written for the rest of the parts and will start production tonight on the next one. :)

Chris Shelton

Patron with Honors
Chris, would you be able to provide any further information on uhmm I do I say it, ahhh status of the individuals on that list of 100,000? Would it say include a person who hasn't done a service within the last 5 years. I understand the 'cherch' has more names than 100,000 but those would include people from 40 years ago who perhaps just did a personality test or bought a dianetics book from Barnes and Nobles and mailed in a 'more information card' Surely they would not be on that 100,000 list. :unsure:

No, the list I had in my hands was the IAS Memberships list, active and inactive members. It had nothing to do with book sales or personality tests, but was based purely on whether the person had ever had a membership or not, including free 6-month members. I actually don't recall the exact number of names on the list, but like I said in the video, it sure as hell wasn't anywhere in the same order of magnitude as 10 million! There was all this back-and-forth on even giving me the list and I had to practically sign in blood to get it. I was doing some project for the PAC/WUS Events Unit and I think we were looking for people to call or membership data related to the confirms or some nonsense like that. I doubt they would so easily give up the list to someone again. It was a bit of a random cycle.