What's new

Chris Wenlock

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Chris Wenlock (or Christoffer Wenlock, his full name) is our son. He lives in Denmark where he rejoined the CofS and became an auditor at Cop Org. Since he disconnected he has gotten married and he and his wife have a son, Joshua.

No-one in the family - including aunts and uncles has heard from Chris, no pictures of Joshua and we have no pictures of his wife.

I am shamelessly using this forum to put Chris' name out there - we found out just recently that he is working for a department of the Danish bureaucracy and now has access to the internet. he wil probably do what most people do - google his own name - and that should bring him here.

Hey Chris - fine you don't talk to me - as I told you in Stansted airport if that was the price to be paid for you doing what you felt you should do - I can live with it. But your Mom isn't declared - as you well know. Your aunts and uncles and cousins have not heard from you - and none of them were ever in Scientology.

Not sure how you justify it all - maybe time to take another look at what you are agreeing to. I am sure that Sean would love to see you again too.

MarkWI

Patron Meritorious
Who wrote that?

HONOR AND HELP YOUR PARENTS.

From a child’s point of view, parents are sometimes hard
to understand. :confused2:

There are differences between generations.
But truthfully, this is no barrier. When one is weak, it is a
temptation to take refuge in subterfuges and lies: it is this
which builds the wall.

Children can reconcile their differences with their parents.
Before any shouting begins, one can at least try to talk it
over quietly. :eyeroll:

If the child is frank and honest, there cannot help but be
an appeal that will reach. It is often possible to attain a
compromised where both sides now understand and can
agree. It is not always easy to get along with others
but one should try.

One cannot overlook the fact that almost always, parents
are acting from a very strong desire to do what they believe
to be best for the child. :console:

Children are indebted to their parents for their upbringing —
if the parents did so. While some parents are so fiercely
independent that they will accept no return on the obligation,
it is nevertheless true that there often comes a time when
it is the turn of the younger generation to care for their
parents.

In spite of all, one must remember that they are the only
parents one has. And as such, no matter what, one should
honor them and help them. :hug:

The way to happiness includes being on good terms
with one’s parents or those who brought one up.
:happydance:
:duh:

everfree

Patron Meritorious
Mick, I remember you once some years ago on beliefnet related how you had given your son your blessing to disconnect from you so he could follow his wishes to be SO. It struck me then and now as an intensely... honorable (for lack of a better word) gesture, if a horrifically sad one.

It's always stuck with me as an example of why we must contunue to speak out against the CofS practice of Disconnection, so that hopefully one day neither you nor anyone else have to go through something like that.

I tip my hat to you, good sir. May the situation with your son have a happy ending.

Wisened One

Crusader
:hug: Mick.

Looking forward to hearing all the details soon, from Chris getting back in touch with you and your family!:) :happydance:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Well 11 years have passed since I posted this - and ... nothing received.

There is no way that he doesn't miss you and his Ma if he allows himself to think about you ... you're too much of a character to not be deeply missed by your own son.

I suspect that the more time goes by the harder it will be for our kids to reconnect and I no longer expect to ever see mine again now ... the only positive (for want of a better word) that I can come up with is that I now know that nobody will ever be able to seriously hurt me again because I've survived one of the most hurtful things that can be done to a person.

It's a small win, but I'm owning it ...

:love8:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
not stupid - that's him
I have had and have similar situations with family. . .

I always think (and so far it is true) that with time virtually EVERYONE figures out that Scientology is a cruel hoax and leaves, in their own way.

Typically someone has to experience the REAL scientology as a "whack on the side of the head" to wake them up. By real, of course, I mean the avaricious, sociopathically lying, scheming, manipulative, outrageous fraud and darkly criminal organized crime racket that Scientology is just nanometers behind their blinkless, grinning religious mask.

As the saying goes, "it happens to the best, it happens to the rest".

If your lovely and talented boy is working for the Danish government, he already has one foot outside the cult compound.

I hate to repeat, but usually it takes Scientology attacking a Scientologist (financially, psychologically, physically, professionally, et al) for them to realize that not only is L. Ron Hubbard NOT "mankind's greatest friend" but that--SCIENTOLOGISTS ARE ACTUALLY THEIR GREATEST ENEMIES. This is not the acceptable outcome of anyone's Doubt Formula inside Scientology.

Isn't that a curious paradox? That it is unethical to actually apply the ethics conditions?! LOL

I send you and your family and son lots of love and wishes that he figures this cult-mind-fuck out sooner rather than later. One fine sunny day he is going to have an alarming thought--that he is not actually saving the planet; and soon thereafter he will begin to seriously wonder if maybe he can still save himself.

Therein lies the road out.

Until then, the way out is the way through way out of a Scientologist's reality.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Typically someone has to experience the REAL scientology as a "whack on the side of the head" to wake them up. By real, of course, I mean the avaricious, sociopathically lying, scheming, manipulative, outrageous fraud and darkly criminal organized crime racket that Scientology is just nanometers behind their blinkless, grinning religious mask.
God that's great and sums it up so brilliantly Hoaxy, I'm going to save it for inspiration and relief!

Last edited: