Christian Baptist Bishop Franklin Harris at the Church of Scientology of Portland

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Christian Baptist Bishop Franklin Harris at the Church of Scientology of Portland.

From Mike Rinder's Thursday Funnies.

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/thursday-funnies-69/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Portland “ideal org” doesn’t have their own minister? They have to get someone from LA? And what is in it for “Bishop Harris”? Weird. Is he making FSM Commissions?

PTL.png

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Franklin Harris is the Agent for Service of Process for Laurel Street Baptist Church, Inc. Search http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/

Franklin Harris is the President of the Laurel Street Baptist Church, Inc.

Although the website for this other church is inactive, the Google cache shows that Franklin Harris was previously associated with Victory in Christ Ministries.

Also, I find the crossed-out cross Bishop Harris is standing behind to be interesting? Besides Scientology, where might I have see that before?

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
Re: Christian Baptist Bishop Franklin Harris at the Church of Scientology of Portlan

Also, I find the crossed-out cross Bishop Harris is standing behind to be interesting? Besides Scientology, where might I have see that before?

I always thought this was a version of Eastern or Greek Orthodox Christian crosses. Interestingly, looking now, I don't see anything like it.

The Greek Orthodox has a single, angled, beam below the cross bar, there's a Celtic/ Irish version with a circle around the cross bar, and a few other versions from around the world. The Chi Ro - the P with the X superimposed is a Greek monogram for Christ. But no cross with an X.

186291159.jpg

I guess I've learned something new today. See?? Cultology has raised my IQ ;)

Blanky

guanoloco

As-Wased
Re: Christian Baptist Bishop Franklin Harris at the Church of Scientology of Portlan

I always thought this was a version of Eastern or Greek Orthodox Christian crosses. Interestingly, looking now, I don't see anything like it.

The Greek Orthodox has a single, angled, beam below the cross bar, there's a Celtic/ Irish version with a circle around the cross bar, and a few other versions from around the world. The Chi Ro - the P with the X superimposed is a Greek monogram for Christ. But no cross with an X.

186291159.jpg

Blanky

The classic hippy peace symbol is there...I never knew that that was a Christ symbol...

Student of Trinity

Silver Meritorious Patron

The hippy peace symbol is not any kind of traditional Christian symbol. It was made by a guy named Gerald Holtom in 1958. You can google it. Supposedly he first drew it in a despondent mood, as a stylized person with downcast hands. It got reinterpreted as a combination of the semaphore signs for the letters N and D, and adopted by the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament.

Most of the others do seem to be Christian, though. Apart from various crosses, there are the Greek monograms for either Christos (Christ) or Iesous (Jesus). It was standard in ancient times to abbreviate words as often as possible, especially in carved inscriptions or on religious icons, where space was at a premium. Names and titles all had standard abbreviations, just like the Dr. and Mr. that we still use today, and the Jas. (James) or Thos. (Thomas) or Chas. (Charles) that were common just a generation or two ago.

Sometimes one used the first two letters, and so Christos is abbreviated with X (the capital Greek letter Chi, rendered 'ch' in English) and P (the capital Greek letter Rho, rendered 'r' in English). Other times one used the first two letters and the last letter, so you get IHS (Iota, Eta, Sigma) for IEsouS. (The capital Greek letter Sigma usually looks like the mathematical summation sign that you see in Excel, but (at least in ancient times) if it occurred at the end of a word, it took a different form, and looked like S.)

Greek lowercase letters are mostly different from Roman letters, but Greek uppercase letters mostly look just like Roman uppercase letters. I think that's because the Romans stole their letters from Greek. The two capital alphabets don't always correspond in sound, though. There's a Greek consonant (Xi) that sounds like 'x', but its capital form is a non-Roman thing, not 'X'. The Greek consonant (Pi) that sounds like 'p' has another non-Roman uppercase form; the Greek 'P' is a capital Rho that sounds like an 'r'. The capital Eta, which sounded something like 'eh' or 'ay', was 'H'; the 'h' sound in ancient Greek was just a sort of apostrophe. Some of the Greek capitals do correspond with the Roman sounds, though. Capital Alpha is 'A', capital Beta is 'B', capital Mu is M, capital Nu is 'N', and so on.

A lot of ancient Greek inscriptions were written in block capitals, so they may look mostly like familiar Roman characters, but there'll be a few weird glyphs in the mix, and the words may well be unpronounceable if you try to sound them out as if they were English or Latin. Roman Catholic things from the Middle Ages are all Latin, but the oldest Christian symbols are all Greek, because Greek was the common language of the Mediterranean in the early centuries AD.

The Scientology cross has always seemed like a really lame symbol to me. With the four rays added to the arms of the cross, I understand that it's supposed to represent Hubbard's eight 'dynamics'; and I also understand the Scientology logic by which symbols found elsewhere (such as the Christian cross) are taken to be corrupted memories of things from farther back on Hubbard's 'whole track' of prehistoric space opera. But I've never heard any explanation of why four dynamics should look like arms of a cross (with one of them longer than the others) while the other four were shorter spikes. An eight-pointed star might have been a decent symbol for Scientology, if the eight dynamics are the thing to represent. The Scientology cross is a lame knock-off symbol.

In fact most Scientology symbols seem lame to me. The Sea Org's wreath and star is not bad, and the sunny path of the Way to Happiness is all right as things like that go. The interlocking triangles and S's, though, are just ugly. The Sea Org sea horses are sad. Somebody in early Scientology (was it really Hubbard himself?) seems to have been mad for designing logos for everything, but not particularly talented at the job.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

Christian Baptist Bishop Franklin Harris at the Church of Scientology of Portland.

Portland “ideal org” doesn’t have their own minister? They have to get someone from LA? And what is in it for “Bishop Harris”? Weird. Is he making FSM Commissions?

PTL.png

Franklin Harris is the Agent for Service of Process for Laurel Street Baptist Church, Inc. Search http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/

Although the website for this other church is inactive, the Google cache shows that Franklin Harris was previously associated with Victory in Christ Ministries.

Answer concerning the cross-out cross Christian Baptist Bishop Franklin Harris is standing behind:

attachment.php

Attachments

• crowleyscrossedoutcross.jpg
    crowleyscrossedoutcross.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 309

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

PTL.png

This guy is an OSA "Rent-a-Reverend."

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

Notice that neither Scientology nor any of their apologists ever condemn Radical Islam.

Nor will they.

Scientologists euphemistically refer to 9/11 as the "wake-up call' - an opportunity to spread their "faith" - which holds Psychiatry responsible for Bin Laden's mass murder.

Really. This is madness.

Their closest partner, the Nation of Islam, confers legitimacy on, and encourages violent Jihad against America and the world.

OSA has publicly, in print, praised Sayyid Syeed of the radical Wahhabi Muslim Brotherhood affiliate, Islamic Society of North America (ISNA).

Scientology has a parallel theology to Jihad which embraces the concept of non-Scientologists (those who are below 2.0 on their "tone scale")

being "disposed of, quietly and without sorrow" according to "Ron" whom they view as "the humanitarian."

Scientology which routinely engages in character assassination of critics has its own form of Shari'a which it calls "ethics."

And just as Shari'a is applicable to both Muslims and non-Muslims, so is Scientology's mis-named "ethics" also applied to Scientologists and non-Scientologists alike.

Last edited:

phenomanon

Canyon

PTL.png

Rev F Harris is one of Alfreddie's minions.
I'm sure NOI is involved here, too. I suspect Alfreddie is their laison with COS and NOI.
All the above is straight conspiracy theory, concocted of my own overactive and much invalidated imagination.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

Rev F Harris is one of Alfreddie's minions.
I'm sure NOI is involved here, too. I suspect Alfreddie is their laison with COS and NOI.
All the above is straight conspiracy theory, concocted of my own overactive and much invalidated imagination.

Save some tin foil for me, while you're at it, LOL!

It seems that on 10/29/15 the Bishop also spoke at an OSA "peace in the community" event at the Scientology Community Center alongside disgraced former L.A. County Sheriff, and Scientology shill Lee Baca.

Baca, you may remember was forced to resign in 2014 ahead of an FBI investigation which resulted in the indictment of his former top aide on obstruction of justice charges
in an investigation that that also convicted more than a dozen of Baca's former officials.

(I'm trying to stay grounded here, phenom!)

phenomanon

Canyon

Save some tin foil for me, while you're at it, LOL!

It seems that on 10/29/15 the Bishop also spoke at an OSA "peace in the community" event at the Scientology Community Center alongside disgraced former L.A. County Sheriff, and Scientology shill Lee Baca.

Baca, you may remember was forced to resign in 2014 ahead of an FBI investigation which resulted in the indictment of his former top aide on obstruction of justice charges
in an investigation that that also convicted more than a dozen of Baca's former officials.

(I'm trying to stay grounded here, phenom!)

You're doing a great job.
Thank you for info that is real.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

Breaking news...

Another OSA shill is on his way to the house of many doors.

Google: Lee Baca guilty plea

We'll miss you, Leroy!

Last edited:

Adam7986

Declared SP

We all know that, with Jack Parsons, Hubbard was involved in Alister Crowley's form of Magick. That's the source of the Scientology cross and is actually a good place to start in a conversation with people about Scientology.

It's actually called the "rosy cross".

The symbol of the rosy cross played a substantial role within the system of Thelema as developed by Aleister Crowley. In a cosmological context, the rose is Nuit, the infinitely expanded goddess of the night sky, and the cross is Hadit, the ultimately contracted atomic point. For Crowley, it was the job of the adept to identify with the appropriate symbol so to experience the mystical conjunction of opposites, which leads to attainment. In this sense, the rose cross is a grand symbol of the Great Work:

Obviously Hubbard's is a trimmed down version, but there's no doubting the extreme similarities and understanding his background I think there's no doubt that this rosy cross was the source of inspiration for his Scientology cross.

300px-Rose_Cross_Lamen.svg.png

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

Breaking news...

We'll miss you, Leroy!
Baca was a phony Scientology promoter. I'm still suspicious that he might have been paid to do it and their other biddings by Scientology/Miscavige.

baca2protest.jpeg

I hope he does some prison time, from The LATimes:

"After the hearing, Baca referred media queries to his attorney, Michael Zweiback.

“He definitely feels bad,” Zweibeck said about his client. Asked what Baca specifically feels badly about, the attorney said: “He feels bad about a lot of things.”

Zweibeck said that federal sentencing guidelines specify up to six months in prison for making a false statement, but that Baca could also be sentenced to probation and not serve any time behind bars.

“He is ready for whatever outcome is deemed appropriate by the court,” Zweibeck said."

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...sheriff-baca-jail-scandal-20160210-story.html

Former Sheriff Baca waving goodbye on his way to the big house:
baca_floats.jpg

These ladies and L. Ron Hubbard are ready to help him in prison:
Criminon.jpg

Last edited:

Jump

Operating teatime

Breaking news...

We'll miss you, Leroy!

Wow. Lying liars that lie get prosecuted?

Hi Dave. :wave:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

Notice that neither Scientology nor any of their apologists ever condemn Radical Islam.

Nor will they.

Scientologists euphemistically refer to 9/11 as the "wake-up call' - an opportunity to spread their "faith" - which holds Psychiatry responsible for Bin Laden's mass murder.

Really. This is madness.

Their closest partner, the Nation of Islam, confers legitimacy on, and encourages violent Jihad against America and the world.

OSA has publicly, in print, praised Sayyid Syeed of the radical Wahhabi Muslim Brotherhood affiliate, Islamic Society of North America (ISNA).

Scientology has a parallel theology to Jihad which embraces the concept of non-Scientologists (those who are below 2.0 on their "tone scale")

being "disposed of, quietly and without sorrow" according to "Ron" whom they view as "the humanitarian."

Scientology which routinely engages in character assassination of critics has its own form of Shari'a which it calls "ethics."

And just as Shari'a is applicable to both Muslims and non-Muslims, so is Scientology's mis-named "ethics" also applied to Scientologists and non-Scientologists alike.

http://www.freedommag.org/english/vol36i1/page22.htm

The Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) is a Muslim Brotherhood front group with which Scientology is allied.

It is the polar opposite of Gandhi.

Sorry, OSA.

Uber

Patron

186291159.jpg

Blanky

????????????????

Across the street from the famous Café Trieste in North Beach there is a large Catholic cathedral built long before DMSMH was published and if you look up you'll see several eight pointed crosses with the same proportions as the Scientology cross at different corners. I've seen several other Christian churches with an eight point cross in other places. I suppose it must be a variation with a name and a history.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Across the street from the famous Café Trieste in North Beach there is a large Catholic cathedral built long before DMSMH was published and if you look up you'll see several eight pointed crosses with the same proportions as the Scientology cross at different corners. I've seen several other Christian churches with an eight point cross in other places. I suppose it must be a variation with a name and a history.

Here's a page from their website with a representation of their cross:
http://www.shrinesf.org/news.html

I couldn't find a bigger one, and the Google Maps street-level photos have horrible perspective distortions as well as resolution problems.

Paul