What's new

Christmas Miracles

Good twin

Floater
A couple of years ago I experienced a wonderful Christmas miracle right here on ESMB. I was telling my wall of fire story and had several reconnections while doing so. This is the most wonderful of all blessings. Reconnecting with lost friends and loved ones is always the thing that brings me the most joy.

This year the miracles keep coming and in the spirit of the season I wish each of you a Christmas miracle that brings you Peace and Joy.

Merry Christmas to all the Exes, Critics, Anons, Squirrels and SPs. I love you all. :love2:

:heartflower:

G

Gottabrain

My favourite Christmas miracle to help another is:

I always pay attention to who is in front of me at the grocery store. Every now and then an elderly person on a pension is short of money - and I LOVE tossing some of it their way when it happens. Unfortunately, occasionally some are too proud to accept the cash and instead walk away without all their groceries. :sad:

About a week ago this happened. The woman ahead of me tried paying with three different gift cards that had expired. :omg: Poor thing. How embarassing. Well our grocery store had run a promotion and sent out $20 gift cards. I'd just gotten mine in the mail so gave it to her. It was cool, because it was a gift card, not cash. I don't think she'd have taken it if it were cash.

And I had a miracle happen to me two weeks ago - I got an awesome artsy sort of job with a great company. :wow: I still can't believe I landed it. Pay is good, too!:thumbsup:

Wishing everyone Peace for Christmas and the New Year to come...right where you are and everywhere! :happydance:

293993_435093503211657_2059403873_n.jpg

Lori

Cheryl E Love
My niece finally told her "ex" that she was totally out AND gave him this web address. He came by last night and said he was blown away!! Couldn't stop reading for hours :smile:

Christmas miracles DO happen! Yea!! 1 more out and counting :thumbsup:

Now we are really talking. :gathering:

Good twin

Floater
Tonight I reconnected with my godson. :bigcry:

I've been thinking about his dad and how I miss his singing and bright outgoing nature and the exwife calls me outta the blue saying she wants to come over. She brings along my godson who I haven't seen in years. She had kept her distance from me for years.

It was like old times and I told her the story of why I was out and she was wonderful and so happy about me having a cult free life. The kid is amazing. He's in 7th grade. Smart like my kid, but full of a sparkle and charm just like his dad. He hasn't seem his dad since he was in second grade. And he sings. Sounds a whole lot like his dad. I experienced one of those moments of clarity. The cobwebs melted away and I could see and hear with such pleasure that I felt and emotional calm that let's me believe that all is right with the world and change will always be ultimately for the better.

His dad is one of the guys who reconnected with me on the the thread I did two years ago.

There's a lot of things I don't believe in any more and a lot of things I never believed in, but I believe in Christmas miracles. My heart is full of love and joy.

Wish for one thing tonight of you do nothing else. Wish to let someone back into your heart and them do the same for you. It can happen and it's the only thing worth wishing for in my book.

Merry Christmas. God bless us every one!

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
My favourite Christmas miracle to help another is:

I always pay attention to who is in front of me at the grocery store. Every now and then an elderly person on a pension is short of money - and I LOVE tossing some of it their way when it happens. Unfortunately, occasionally some are too proud to accept the cash and instead walk away without all their groceries. :sad:

About a week ago this happened. The woman ahead of me tried paying with three different gift cards that had expired. :omg: Poor thing. How embarassing. Well our grocery store had run a promotion and sent out $20 gift cards. I'd just gotten mine in the mail so gave it to her. It was cool, because it was a gift card, not cash. I don't think she'd have taken it if it were cash.

And I had a miracle happen to me two weeks ago - I got an awesome artsy sort of job with a great company. :wow: I still can't believe I landed it. Pay is good, too!:thumbsup:

Funny you brought this up. I live in a small sleepy town with a tiny population. I was on line in the local supermarket today where there was this young girl, pregnant and with a variety of items holding up the express line. I was 2 people after her. I didn't mind but the people behind me were getting antsy. As the guy in front of me had his single item rung up, she was standing nearby with her cart so I asked her when she was due. "January 11th" she replied. I wished her well and proceeded to then have my small amount of items rung up.

As my items were being bagged, I overheard her on her cell phone talking to someone, saying " but you said you'd be home. How am I going to get all this food home without a car" explaining that she did more shopping than planned because she thought he was going to pick her up. " OK. It just started snowing but I'll wait for you."

I felt I should offer her a ride, so I asked. She seemed so surprised that I would offer. She thought she would be putting me out. I asked where she lived ( hoping it wasn't up one of the mountain roads up aways). She said it was just up the street and gave me the name of it. I told her it was no problem because I lived just a few blocks from there and it was on my way home anyway.

We wound up sitting in the car in front of her house talking for 30 minutes because we found we had a mutual acquaintance. The other day she had gone to the wake of this person's infant who appears to have died from SIDS and she was a bit worried it might happen to her baby. We talked about causes and preventions and such and we don't always know why some babies die suddenly or without cause but worrying isn't going to help. Chances are slim of SIDS. Best to get educated on preventing it, and so forth.

Then she told me she had felt very uncomfortable being at the wake because she was pregnant and the mother had just lost her child. I told her she had nothing to be guilty about. The she told me about this dilemma she was having. The distraught mother came up to her at the wake and offered to bring over all the baby's belongings so she could have them for her soon-to-be-born baby. She agreed because she didn't feel right saying "no thanks " but was afraid to say that the whole idea of having the deceased baby's items freaked her out. I suggested that since she already agreed, that she just allow the mother to give her the items, as it may help her through her grief. Parting with the baby's things may help her in adjust to the loss. I told her she could just give them away to a thrift store or to someone else after they are dropped off. She decided that was a good solution and thanked me.

She then told me that her twin sister was also pregnant, due a month after she is due. I asked her if her sister knew about the offering of belongings. She said "no". I said "why not offer them to her if it's a girl? Just don't say where they came from" Again, she was so grateful for the suggestion. Her sister would be needing help she said. This way she could help her sister out.

So this is what we did in my car for 30 mins while the snow came down :) It felt good to put caution to the side and offer to help someone who had a need for a ride. Turns out she also needed to unburden her heavy heart and I'm glad I was able to help her on that, too.
A miracle of sorts :)

ps: Congrats on your new job!!

Last edited:
A couple of years ago I experienced a wonderful Christmas miracle right here on ESMB. I was telling my wall of fire story and had several reconnections while doing so. This is the most wonderful of all blessings. Reconnecting with lost friends and loved ones is always the thing that brings me the most joy.

This year the miracles keep coming and in the spirit of the season I wish each of you a Christmas miracle that brings you Peace and Joy.

Merry Christmas to all the Exes, Critics, Anons, Squirrels and SPs. I love you all. :love2:

Very ...thank you.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
What a lovely thread!

Lori, GT, terrific. Mary you remind us how simple and honest connections can so help other people. Thank you.

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
Such happy news on this Christmas thread! It's like another present! Hope it was a peaceful, relaxed, fun, cozy and comfy day for all!