What's new

Church of Scientology becoming Gay Friendly?

Lone Star

Crusader
Okay....Moar Cognitive Dissonance on the Scientology Front.....

Today I ran into an old friend who is somewhat "still in". She doesn't really do much anymore in the cult, but she hasn't made the break yet either. During our conversation I asked her about a married couple who've been on staff together for quite a few years. She said that they divorced last year. Not a big surprise since marriages are usually short lived in the cult anyway. Jokingly I asked her if "Suzy" just finally got sick of "John's" bullshit. Then the bombshell dropped....."Well, actually Suzy came out as being gay", she said.

After I picked myself off of the ground I asked if "Suzy" was promptly routed off of staff after coming out. My friend says, "No she didn't renew her staff contract several years before they divorced, but she is still going in and doing courses and receiving auditing regularly. John told me that the Church is totally gay friendly now. In fact he also said that Scientology is one of the most gay friendly religions in the world. They cater exclusively at their West Hollywood center to gays."

To which I replied....":omg:". How can this be? The church Ron built gay friendly? WTF? Are they going to come out with a Gay Basics and Lectures package with all negative comments towards homosexuals deleted? Help me!!! I'm infected with a bad case of Cognitive Dissonance!! What is this West Hollywood center? I need Dox!!

Oh well, in the spirit of this news, whether true or not, let us enhance it with a little K.D. Lang....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXqPjx94YMg

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Okay....Moar Cognitive Dissonance on the Scientology Front.....

Today I ran into an old friend who is somewhat "still in". She doesn't really do much anymore in the cult, but she hasn't made the break yet either. During our conversation I asked her about a married couple who've been on staff together for quite a few years. She said that they divorced last year. Not a big surprise since marriages are usually short lived in the cult anyway. Jokingly I asked her if "Suzy" just finally got sick of "John's" bullshit. Then the bombshell dropped....."Well, actually Suzy came out as being gay", she said.

After I picked myself off of the ground I asked if "Suzy" was promptly routed off of staff after coming out. My friend says, "No she didn't renew her staff contract several years before they divorced, but she is still going in and doing courses and receiving auditing regularly. John told me that the Church is totally gay friendly now. In fact he also said that Scientology is one of the most gay friendly religions in the world. They cater exclusively at their West Hollywood center to gays."

To which I replied....":omg:". How can this be? The church Ron built gay friendly? WTF? Are they going to come out with a Gay Basics and Lectures package with all negative comments towards homosexuals deleted? Help me!!! I'm infected with a bad case of Cognitive Dissonance!! What is this West Hollywood center? I need Dox!!

Oh well, in the spirit of this news, whether true or not, let us enhance it with a little K.D. Lang....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXqPjx94YMg

Now I'm thinking of all the hot women in the cult that I'd like to see "hook up". :coolwink:

Nice to see KD Lang, but call me a cynical old bastard if you like, I just don't believe it.

Lone Star

Crusader
Nice to see KD Lang, but call me a cynical old bastard if you like, I just don't believe it.

I tend to agree. But the now outed Lesbian still doing services has been verified. The West Hollywood center and the "gay friendly" thing is still very suspect though.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Here's what it looks like: Scientology has always accepted gays who payed up.. When they had no more money, or would'nt pay up no more, someone suddenly recall* Hubbard's holy scripture about gays being 'covertly hostile' and worse bedbugs than wipers in yer' bedlinen (or some such shit..)

No news to us who knows Scientology...

*Nah.. The scientologists knew 'policy' all along. They're just 'business savvy' in the scientological way.
:yes:

Last edited:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
One Lesbian on lines I can, just, believe.

At lower org staff level your world view is very much what you had when you got into the cult, there are staff around who are not homophobic, who just wouldn't see anything odd about a woman who had a girlfriend. the worse indoctrination is done in the SO. So yes I can imagine that someone could be on lines who is known to be gay. 2d rules does apply, in theory. The moment the evil cropped headed 1.1 butch-dyke takes a dungaree clad step out of line, though, the goldenrod gets pulled out and is covered in made up generalities.

John Travolta has been on Ellen and I've seen Tom Cruse on Graham Norton. When it's going to give them exposure they will be seen hugging and joking with openly gay people. I think they can't look too homophobic, people would react, so unlike in the seventies they have to pretend to be gay friendly.

But since they're now buddies with NOI, they can't look too Gay friendly. The PR chaps are really gong to be confused. Where's that nice spokesman these days to explain it all to us?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ4H1jRyL2M

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
By the way, here's scientology's bed fellow talking about how homosexuality started in Afro Americans being perverted by America and how there are no gay Africans (mostly because they killed, and so have to be very hidden, but he missed that bit out). I bet he's missing some big witholds in his audience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCDfqXN9AHw

PTS

Elliott
I'd just as soon they hate me for being queer, then it's mutual.

The cult always knew I was gay. I told them so early early on. I was so fucking stupid I thought they were LGBT positive. It wasn't until years after I left that I realized the truth, that they were content to have me around paying for services, they were glad to churn me for $$. But as long as I was fierce and proud I would never really progress up the bridge. Hell they barely let me set foot on it. But they got my money.

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron

I think it might be true. I know of two gay individuals doing courses and receiving auditing at my old Org. I think it's a brilliant move on the part of this cult. Nowadays being homophobic is as politically incorrect as being anti-Semitic. And, money is money, no matter from whom it comes from. I'm just surprised they didn't go gay-friendly sooner.

TP

Lone Star

Crusader
I think it might be true. I know of two gay individuals doing courses and receiving auditing at my old Org. I think it's a brilliant move on the part of this cult. Nowadays being homophobic is as politically incorrect as being anti-Semitic. And, money is money, no matter from whom it comes from. I'm just surprised they didn't go gay-friendly sooner.

TP

Yes what is leading me to also believe this is true is the fact that the person who came out is a long-time member who was on staff for I believe two five year contractual terms. I can't supply more details, but I'll say that the other person who said that the CoS caters to gay people in West Hollywood is in a position to know. She's another long time member and former staff member who's in regular communication with current staffers.

Maybe the Dwarfenfuhrer is doing damage control to handle Paul Haggis' damaging testimonial in Lawrence Wright's article and book?

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes what is leading me to also believe this is true is the fact that the person who came out is a long-time member who was on staff for I believe two five year contractual terms. I can't supply more details, but I'll say that the other person who said that the CoS caters to gay people in West Hollywood is in a position to know. She's another long time member and former staff member who's in regular communication with current staffers.

Maybe the Dwarfenfuhrer is doing damage control to handle Paul Haggis' damaging testimonial in Lawrence Wright's article and book?

These two individuals were on course and receiving auditing prior to the Haggis incident. Though I'm sure Haggis' public announcements spooked the Tiny Tyrant into being even more accepting of these people who suffer from such,"aberrations."

This psychopath wants, above all, money, that's true. But, the next item on his list, I think, is to become mainstream, to be accepted by the society at large. Good luck to him on getting that target done. :biggrin:

I like your term for the Mini-Monster!

TP

Sindy

Crusader
There have always been gays getting serviced, especially at LA day BUT, will they get approved to go to the Freewinds or Flag? You better believe they'll have their sweet ass 1.1 butts watched like hawks and my guess is that they will get the endless runaround and never be allowed to the ship and possibly not to Flag.

The cult needs to keep as many people on the lower bridge as possible, to soak them dry. Only those white as the driven snow (and pliable as silly putty) are allowed to ascend to BT ville.

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Portland, Oregon Ideal Org opens tomorrow - next to the Silverado, a gay bar. Oil, meet vinegar.

holy !@#$.... I did NOT realize it's next to the Silverado!!!! Somebody really messed up on the site survey...
The Silverado isn't just a mild little 'gay bar'. The cult is asking for it... Seriously, I keep thinking this has to be a joke...

Purple Rain

Crusader
holy !@#$.... I did NOT realize it's next to the Silverado!!!! Somebody really messed up on the site survey...
The Silverado isn't just a mild little 'gay bar'. The cult is asking for it... Seriously, I keep thinking this has to be a joke...

Well, if they weren't gay friendly before they had better be now!

Anonycat

Crusader

I am serious!

There have always been gays getting serviced, especially at LA day BUT, will they get approved to go to the Freewinds or Flag? You better believe they'll have their sweet ass 1.1 butts watched like hawks and my guess is that they will get the endless runaround and never be allowed to the ship and possibly not to Flag.

The cult needs to keep as many people on the lower bridge as possible, to soak them dry. Only those white as the driven snow (and pliable as silly putty) are allowed to ascend to BT ville.

If they wave lots and lots of money around and keep screaming;
"Handle me godammit! I want to be handled!"

would that help..........? :)

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
I am serious!

as you've probably figured, I've been in the Silverado... my gay son was even like, WHAT???
(he wouldn't hang there and was freaked his mom set foot into the place :p
The place is kinda known around here, and I did wind up there for 'mostly' innocent reasons,
but I'm flashing back to the folks I met there, and the folks I've met in the cult--suffice it
to say:

I'm just dying right now...