What's new

Church of Scientology bused people in from Florida for opening of Atlanta Ideal Org.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Church of Scientology bused people in from Florida for opening of Atlanta Ideal Org.

The buses had WIFI! Then again, people had to pay for their own food. :(

Mike Rinder: Atlanta Ribbon Yanking Panic

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/atlanta-ribbon-yanking-panic/

Please go to Mike's post for his analysis.

Screenshot-280.png

Screenshot-282.png

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious
Re: Church of Scientology bused people in from Florida for opening of Atlanta Ideal O

Dress is "causal".

Can't those idiots learn to spell?

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Re: Church of Scientology bused people in from Florida for opening of Atlanta Ideal O

Upstat causal, no less.

Tough on jeans: tough on the causes of jeans.

You know that $375,000 wasn't wasted when you're at cause over denim...

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron

Buses leave to Atlanta
Arrive to Atlanta

For and In not good enough for those with causal genes?

Personally I would rather be thrown into a pit of snakes for the day but it might actually be a good deal for sleep deprived staff. I hope some of them managed to get some shut-eye.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

The buses had WIFI! Then again, people had to pay for their own food. :(

Mike Rinder: Atlanta Ribbon Yanking Panic

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/atlanta-ribbon-yanking-panic/

Please go to Mike's post for his analysis.

Screenshot-280.png

Screenshot-282.png

If after surviving around the clock reg'ing I've still managed to hang on to my paycheck, is my ride back guaranteed?

Jump

Operating teatime

bus-advertising14.jpg

Your bus is ready.

Edit: The link to that offsite pic seems to be broken. Just saying, it is a random pic of a bus with advertising saying "Stop human trafficking."

Last edited:

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

Per the usual Ideal Org dedication script, David Miscavige poses with community leaders who one way or another have been recruited to shill for the organized crime syndicate (Scientology):
Scientology-Atlanta-Opening-David-Miscavige-and-Guest-Speakers_A0017.jpg

MR. DAVID MISCAVIGE,Chairman of the Board Religious Technology Center and ecclesiastical leader of the Scientology religion, with (left to right): Mr. Orlando Johnson, Director of Agape Community Education and Resource Center; Georgia State Senator Donzella James; Ms. Pamela Perkins Carn, Executive Coordinator, Interfaith Children’s Movement of Atlanta; and Rev. Dr. James Milner, Founder and Executive Director of Community Concerns Inc.

Scientology-Atlanta-Opening-David-Miscavige-side-angle_03C5481.jpg

UNDER MR. MISCAVIGE’S VISION AND LEADERSHIP,the Church of Scientology has opened the doors of more than 50 new Ideal Churches. Those openings have been the sparkplugs of worldwide expansion for the religion—greater in the last decade than in the previous 50 years.

Scientology-Atlanta-Opening-Guest-Speaker-Donzella-James_02C9522.jpg

“To talk of the significance of this day one must say a word on that man amongst men—Mr. L. Ron Hubbard. He was before his time, during his time, and is still most relevant at this time. So in his name, and with this grand christening today, may our Georgia never be the same.”
—GEORGIA STATE SENATOR DONZELLA JAMES

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

http://tonyortega.org/2016/04/03/da...new-scientology-ideal-org/#comment-2603912348

JustSheila • 7 hours ago

The COS 'official' photograph shows shooped in faces to the left in front of the pillars. 500 is a very generous estimate. Personally I'd put it at 350 or so at its peak but it could have possibly been 500 at the most since nobody had a full view with the wall in front, but It is narrow between the brick wall and stage and the pillar front and sides were empty of people, as we could see from the back. I didn't stay the entire time as I was with a local friend who is not an ex and we were there many hours after a long drive and he was tiring.

Police were mainly concerned about the radical right Christians as they drove past, as well as people getting hurt trying to cross. It's a very busy and dangerous street and Spring Break is going on, too. The police assisted some pedestrians and were actually fairly decent, but I saw them pull over a van that stopped in the middle of the street to take pics or whatever. Not our guys. I suspect some local Christians, as some were furious and yelling out things like 'Satan Worshippers' as they drove past.

COS served snackies to those poor SO Members who'd spent so many hours on the buses, no real meals, and the food was pretty much gone by 1 pm even though the celebrations didn't begin until about 3 pm Disgusting.

The event began by thanking all those who had come in by bus. NY/NJ gave the biggest hoot, There was no sound at all when the speaker thanked 'Atlanta local staff.' Too funny! When she mentioned thanking 'government officials,' there wasn't a single person named. Lol. Making it up as they go, as usual. Just about everyone we spoke to was from Nashville, though there were some from LA who flew in days earlier to set up the event. My friend was charming and not the least intimidating - everyone talked to him. We learned a lot.

There couldn't have been more than 60 or so cars parked in local lots, so that gives a good idea of how many buses were used. Just 1-1/2 blocks away the lots were empty, even with businesses closed for the day, and there weren't many lots to use.

We overheard grumbling amongst staff and public. Quite a bit of it. ;) They weren't happy to be there, they were obligated, and they were over it. The sun was strong and it was windy. Some were unhappy about the lack of assistance to the children, who had a small tent set up in the Post Office parking lot, but not a single toy and whatever adults that were supposed to supervise the kids weren't even there so the kids were running around the place as they had nothing to do. Already tired and overworked staff were trying to supervise the kids, too. Public (??) in attendance were anxious to leave. At 1 pm we saw some 30 or so leave. They must have heard it wouldn't start until 3 and come back later. It wasn't fun for them waiting around all day.

I believe we saw quite a bit of cognitive dissonance, something I haven't seen with scientologists at their own events and orgs since the 'LRH is dead' event, which split the true believers from others. Imagine the betrayal they were experiencing, being ordered around and treated like dogs with minimal expense on them, forced on these long, awful bus rides and not even fed well, then seeing such extravagant expense on this opulent building in an exclusive, pricey residential neighborhood of Atlanta when there wasn't even staff or public in Georgia. Talking about how expensive and beautiful the building was actually caused pained looks through smiling faces. Misplaced love, misplaced loyalty, misplaced idealism. People willing to give everything they had to make the world a better place who ended up getting sucked into a con that only abused them and threw the misuse of money in their faces. I liked the staff members and felt so sorry for them.

IMHO, the 'Ideal Morgue' scene has backfired. It has created some serious dissonance and it's game over. We can talk to the staff and public now and they will talk to us. Time to talk one on one with them again.

Neighbors across the road let some of the videographers who were exes/anons/media and had been shooed away by COS use their balconies for videotaping and the view was excellent. So there's vids around, hopefully they'll be edited and released soon.

JustSheila

Crusader

Awww! Thanks, FTS. :bighug:

Their Atlanta Opening was a huge failure. :thumbsup:

It occurred to me that the Midget has run out of people to run scams on other people who haven't already scammed the other people. If all the scns have gone to the Grand Openings and seen DM's pics, they all know they've been shooped.

They know they've been duped - especially when they keep doing this over and over again.

I'll post some pics I haven't given Tony's site later tonight. Tony broke the news and asked for some people to go there, so I went. :)

There are a few more stories, too, of chats I had with some of the local folks around there. :coolwink:

The Australian exes and Anons have trained me well! :biglove: Thanks, guyz. Miss you. :smoochy:

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

Scientology-Atlanta-Opening-Guest-Speaker-Donzella-James_02C9522.jpg

“To talk of the significance of this day one must say a word on that man amongst men—Mr. L. Ron Hubbard. He was before his time, during his time, and is still most relevant at this time. So in his name, and with this grand christening today, may our Georgia never be the same.”
—GEORGIA STATE SENATOR DONZELLA JAMES
More information on this from WWP:

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/pr...georgia-senate-for-haiti-efforts.54329/page-3

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

And, Senator James spoke of the loss of her sister at the hands of psychiatry. “There was nobody on our side … until you came to the halls of our state capitol with Citizens Commision on Human Rights and the Psychiatry: Industry of Death exhibit.

“Since that time,” Senator James said, “we have partnered to bring this information. … We have introduced legislation to attack the root of the problem, and this new Church is a place for us to reach out from, to keep spreading the word.”

In conclusion, Senator James reflected: “To talk of the significance of this day one must say a word on that man amongst men—Mr. L. Ron Hubbard. He was before his time, during his time, and is still most relevant at this time. So in his name, and with this grand christening today, may our Georgia never be the same.”

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

JustSheila

Crusader

Thanks, CommunicatorIC and Little David. I hadn't stayed long enough to hear her speech. My friend was already tired by then.

That Senator Donzella James publicly siding with COS doesn't seem a good move politically. :duh: Letters would be helpful. She's a CCHR supporter? :no: Not the sharpest knife, is she.

So maybe COS is in Georgia just for government $$$ through her. Some hand-shaking. One of the staff said they were going to use the facility 'to distribute information to increase awareness about drug abuse.' COS sure likes to print and distribute things. Sounds like the plan is to siphon off some government funds for that.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

Thanks, CommunicatorIC and Little David. I hadn't stayed long enough to hear her speech. My friend was already tired by then.

That Senator Donzella James publicly siding with COS doesn't seem a good move politically. :duh: Letters would be helpful. She's a CCHR supporter? :no: Not the sharpest knife, is she.

So maybe COS is in Georgia just for government $$$ through her. Some hand-shaking. One of the staff said they were going to use the facility 'to distribute information to increase awareness about drug abuse.' COS sure likes to print and distribute things. Sounds like the plan is to siphon off some government funds for that.

I enjoyed reading your report at the Bunker and the other comments. Would love to see detailed analysis of all the shooping. Thought it was wonderful that locals helped our persona non grata take pix.

These events aren't about Scientology or people at all - they are about celebrating LRH's favorite prop man.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

:thumbsup::thankyou::cheerleader::blowkiss::bighug: You are wonderfully marvelous Sheila.

Awww! Thanks, FTS. :bighug:

Their Atlanta Opening was a huge failure. :thumbsup:

It occurred to me that the Midget has run out of people to run scams on other people who haven't already scammed the other people. If all the scns have gone to the Grand Openings and seen DM's pics, they all know they've been shooped.

They know they've been duped - especially when they keep doing this over and over again.

I'll post some pics I haven't given Tony's site later tonight. Tony broke the news and asked for some people to go there, so I went. :)

There are a few more stories, too, of chats I had with some of the local folks around there. :coolwink:

The Australian exes and Anons have trained me well! :biglove: Thanks, guyz. Miss you. :smoochy:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

It would appear he is attempting to piggyback on the phenomena of getting all the little hood rats on the bridge so that then the little white kids from the Burbs will buy in like they did with Rap, Crack and other nasty things...

JustSheila

Crusader

It was pure luck that the week before the opening was announced, I'd met a kind gentleman who is local to that area with a heart of gold, definite concepts of right and wrong and even some background in protesting. He'd never been in scientology, but kept up well with news so knew quite a bit.

So when I invited him, he was pleased and looking forward to our little adventure. :)

We played it by ear. It turned out he was pivotal to our friendly reception from the scientologists and quite gifted at putting others at ease. His approach was one I'd never taken before - he talked about everything local, he talked about family and small things, architecture and history and we had no troubles at all chatting with whomever we approached (as long as I mostly kept my mouth shut, lol, as I have quite the Chgo accent.) He kept the scientologists and staff members chatting for hours and we walked all over chatting with them. He was friendly, he was interesting and not the least bit intimidating. They liked him and he made them comfortable.

Now and then a staff member voiced a minor concern or complaint or mentioned something less than ideal about the event, and sometimes we overheard grumbling from scientologists standing or walking near us. When they felt they weren't observed, there was a definite lack of smiling faces, instantly putting on 'happy faces' as we approached, too.

The event starting late got a lot of grumbling. The bussed in staff were visibly tired, the snacks provided were woefully insufficient and ran out by 1 pm, the kids were unsupervised and there were parking problems at the Post Office.

We protested for a little bit and could pretty much tell who the exes, watchers and anons were by how they were booted away from the Atlanta Org. There were some disappointed faces from the scientologists when they saw us pick up protest signs and chat with the others. Ah well.

Once they became aware we weren't fond of scientology, we went across the street. There were a few locals on their porches and we chatted with them about what scientology is really about, and they were grateful to get the firsthand information. There were two men in particular that asked us a lot of questions and one kept telling the other, 'See? I told you! Stay away from them!'

I didn't get a whole lot of pictures because they were wary of taking photos of individuals and my little iPhone didn't take good distance photos. It was hard to get any sort of view with the brick wall there. When we crossed the street, two security guys followed us around until we were on a porch chatting with locals, then they pretended they weren't following us and walked away, facing the event. Pretty obvious with the big walkie talkies in their pockets who they were, though, as well as how they were dressed.

We saw ABC getting moved all over the place, but the videographer was professional. At first they allowed videographers and photos on the further side of the main entrance, but eventually even that sidewalk area was blocked, so he started coming across the street.

By then we'd already made friends with a Bunkeroo and had organized a good view from a porch area and the resident had given us permission to take pics and vids. Meanwhile, we heard ABC below dealing with the scientology security and telling them he would get permission from the building itself, and he did. I told him not wait, we already had resident permission and to come on up.

When I introduced myself, I was stunned that he'd already heard my name. :omg: Kind of freaky, since I haven't protested or done vids in years. He knew all about scientology's crimes and had a good idea of who was who. Impressive.

So the Bunkeroo stayed the whole time through all of DM's boring, bad speech. My friend was tiring, so we left a bit early.

Had a great day and was over the moon to see the Bunkeroo's vid make it to Tony O's site. :clap: :clap: :clap: