What's new

Church of Scientology Cape Town, South Africa Honor Roll, featuring Bob & Trish Dugan

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Church of Scientology Cape Town, South Africa Honor Roll, featuring Bob & Trish Dugan.

Scientologists back in comm: Ideal Morgue Cape Town – old, old news

https://backincomm.wordpress.com/2015/02/09/ideal-morgue-cape-town-old-old-news/

Analysis below the list.

ct-honour-roll_final-jpg_b.jpg

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

There are some every interesting points to note about this honour roll.

Of course the obvious one is Bob & Trish Duggan sitting up there at the new status of Rhodium Humanitarian. Looks like they have now moved on to fostering/adopting Cape Town Ideal Org as their new hobby-horse.

Next, this list is ancient – the majority of these names are not new and these donations came in as far back as 5 years – some of them even older.

A couple of other oddities we picked up were:

Walter & Marie Hex. Marie died some time ago, so this donation is not new. Nor is the Warren & Andrea Bruckmann, John & Sonja Morshead – (repeated twice on the roll). Nor Peter & Vicci Hayward and Glenys Jenson who was a “recovered” SP who made a sizable donation to Ideal Orgs in lieu of doing her A-E steps, and then routed into the Sea Org in 2011 (She is now in CLO AF). Another very old and odd donation.

Of all the names listed, 18 people are no longer members of the Church – they have quietly stepped away and are now either UTR or gone.

In summary, there are very few new names on this list. Of the 219 names, 18 people are no longer in the Church or are UTR. 48 names on the list are donations made more than 5 years ago – leaving 153 names added in 6 years. That’s 25 new donors per annum.

With the declared SP’s and those that have left the Church quietly, this further lessens their “pool” by a substantial amount.

And then we get to the SP’s. 22 names of “SP’s” have been removed from the list entirely. We assume that seeing as these names are no longer on the list they don’t exist and will never be allowed entry into the building they bought. This then stands to reason that all declared SP’s whose names have been removed from ALL Org plaques (JBG, PTA, JBN etc) will be getting their money back yes?

Dear OSA person who’s job it is to read this blog: Kindly send a list of all SP’s removed off Ideal Org Honour Rolls together with the amount they donated and a date that they can expect the refund of their money. This list can be sent to the following email address: [email protected]

If any readers out there made a donation to Ideal Orgs but are no longer on Honour Rolls or plaques, please drop us a line stating which org/s, the amount/s donated and the status achieved per org. We would like to put together an article on this – it would seem that the “SP’s of South Africa” own considerable real estate in this country.

In the meantime, while the numbers of people exiting the Church continues, we came across this rather funny cartoon which is eerily true to the current RCS situation:

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

imSPecial

Patron with Honors
Re: Church of Scientology Cape Town, South Africa Honor Roll, featuring Bob & Trish D

i love how "education alive" is a contributor. here, i'll wipe your butt and then you can wipe mine.

imSPecial

Patron with Honors
Re: Church of Scientology Cape Town, South Africa Honor Roll, featuring Bob & Trish D

okay, one more. rhodium? seriously, how tacky is that? im sure someone thought it was very clever to mix old cecil rhodes (racist maniac that he was) and the periodic chart together.

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious

Yeah, rhodium is kind of an interesting metal. It is used in jewelry:

"Rhodium is a chemical element with symbol Rh and atomic number 45. It is a rare, silvery-white, hard, and chemically inert transition metal. It is a member of the platinum group. It has only one naturally-occurring isotope, [SUP]103[/SUP]Rh. Naturally occurring rhodium is usually found as the free metal, alloyed with similar metals, and rarely as a chemical compound in minerals such as bowieite and rhodplumsite. It is one of the rarest and most valuable precious metals.
Rhodium is a so-called noble metal, resistant to corrosion, found in platinum- or nickel ores together with the other members of the platinum group metals. It was discovered in 1803 by William Hyde Wollaston in one such ore, and named for the rose color of one of its chlorine compounds, produced after it reacted with the powerful acid mixture aqua regia.
The element's major use (approximately 80% of world rhodium production) is as one of the catalysts in the three-way catalytic converters in automobiles. Because rhodium metal is inert against corrosion and most aggressive chemicals, and because of its rarity, rhodium is usually alloyed with platinum or palladium and applied in high-temperature and corrosion-resistive coatings. White gold is often plated with a thin rhodium layer to improve its appearance while sterling silver is often rhodium plated for tarnish resistance."

From wikipedia

When I read "Rhodium" I imagined the mantelpiece decoration they'd get at that level.

A very solid chrome plated piece of a rodeo rider of a horse. Ron, with his rodeo boots etc.

2 and a half - 3 feet high. Extra reinforcing needed so it don't break the mantelpiece.

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian

The first thing that comes to mind for me about rhodium, aside from its use as a catalyst, is that it is used for forging platinum, and for enhancing the look of fashion jewellery in well-meant way. According to this wonderful book experts can recognize such pieces because they actually appear a bit too bright, as rhodium reflects even more light than platinum... Just as silver reflects a bit more light than chrome. Actually, silver reflects the most light of all elements. The trouble with it is that it oxidizes quickly and tarnishes. Rhodium comes right behind silver in its brightness.

In other words: when something shines too bright, it might not be genuine...
Hmmm... Might that concept be of use if adapted to other themes? :coolwink:

If you have a smartphone, look for "periodic table" apps, Merck has a very fine interactive one (I suppose for Android as well as for Apple devices), a simple app without advertise (and free), it contains all basic informations, some history, and nice pictures. But, sorry to say, at last in the version I still have, they repeated that mistake with the atomic mass of osmium. Iridium is not the densest element, osmium is. Chemists will know what I mean. It's a meaningless historical error some digits behind the comma, without practical relevance for any biz, that often gets repeated. I just wouldn't have expected Merck to get it wrong. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

It is all about getting money isn't it ?

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian

It is all about getting money isn't it ?

Well, the honourable title of "captain Obvious" has already been awarded, but I suppose you can be "fleet admiral Obvious". :biggrin: