Church of Scientology opening a Chinese Mission in the Pasadena area

Mike Rinder: Pasadena Follies
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/pasadena-follies/

LEAKED E-MAIL:
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2014 11:53 AM
To:
Subject: la- Chinese Mission in Pasadena

The Time is Now!

We are opening a Chinese Mission in the Pasadena area!

This is vital and will not only bring LRH directly to the Chinese community in the LA area but will also bring LRH to the countries where they come from because the majority of the population here maintains close ties with their families and businesses overseas and many travel back and forth throughout the year.

Why Pasadena?

The San Gabriel Valley region of Los Angeles County in particular has one of the most prominent collections of U.S. suburbs with large foreign-born Chinese-speaking populations, ranging from working-class residing in Rosemead and El Monte to wealthier immigrants living in Arcadia, San Marino and Diamond Bar. Monterey Park is part of a cluster of cities, along with Alhambra, Arcadia, Temple City, Rosemead, San Marino, and San Gabriel in the west San Gabriel Valley, with a growing Asian American population, making up 66.9% of its resident population at 2010.

The beautiful Pasadena Ideal Org is located in the heart of Old Town Pasadena and has one of the best locations for body traffic of any org. We are regularly selling Chinese books to passers- by and have sold more Beginning Book packages in Chinese than in any other language.

As a matter of fact we had one very upstat family buy 76 raw books in one day and many of those were for family members and co-workers in Mainland China.

We have also hosted dignitaries from China at the Pasadena Org and they too are showing interest in our 4D Campaigns as well as in Dianetics and Scientology.

We are looking for Scientologists who will spearhead this effort and get this mission started as staff or volunteers.

Join us at Pasadena Org on February 9 at 1:00pm Call me at 818-679-9532 if you have any questions!

Sara Jonic

FlunkYou

Patron with Honors
Ummm, why not just train a Chinese sup and dedicate one of the many empty course rooms? I mean why buy the cow if you're not even sure they drink milk?

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Ummm, why not just train a Chinese sup and dedicate one of the many empty course rooms? I mean why buy the cow if you're not even sure they drink milk?
As matter of external marketing, I could see a separate Mission being created to make the Chinese community feel special, important, etc. It also might be more convenient than the Pasadena Org.

As a matter of internal marketing and propaganda, it serves the purpose of showing that they are expanding.

It also might cause another Mission package to be sold. There is no indication whether this will be IAS funded, or they will need someone to buy a package.

One interesting question is whether the courses, auditing, etc., will be in Chinese and if so, which "Chinese" -- e.g., Mandarin or Cantonese. What do they mean when they say it will be a "Chinese Mission?" To me, that means Chinese language. That is particularly true because to my knowledge, while Pasadena had a large ethnic Chinese population, it does not have an identifiable, centralized Chinatown. I might be wrong about that.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
As matter of external marketing, I could see a separate Mission being created to make the Chinese community feel special, important, etc. It also might be more convenient than the Pasadena Org.

As a matter of internal marketing and propaganda, it serves the purpose of showing that they are expanding.

It also might cause another Mission package to be sold. There is no indication whether this will be IAS funded, or they will need someone to buy a package.

One interesting question is whether the courses, auditing, etc., will be in Chinese and if so, which "Chinese" -- e.g., Mandarin or Cantonese. What do they mean when they say it will be a "Chinese Mission?" To me, that means Chinese language. That is particularly true because to my knowledge, while Pasadena had a large ethnic Chinese population, it does not have an identifiable, centralized Chinatown. I might be wrong about that.

It might mean that they have all this shit they printed for Taiwan, and it ain't moving very well, so they are trying to offload it here.

Problem is, the written language on Taiwan and the Mainland is no longer the same in Mandarin, and that's before you get into dialect differences.

This is "East" in Taiwan:

This is "East" on the Mainland: 东

This is one of the words for "China" in both forms:
華 and 华.

Most Cantonese speakers outside of Hong Kong also learn Mandarin in school, but adding the orthographic complexity on top would turn them off right away.

Does anyone know if this stuff is Simplified or Traditional Chinese? If you can get me a picture of the materials, I can tell you right away.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
San Gabriel is adjacent to Pasadena. Thus, this may be relevant to the reasoning of the COS:

LA Times: Chinese visitors turning San Gabriel into a boomtown
By Frank Shyong, February 12, 2014
www.latimes.com/local/la-me-san-gabriel-20140213,0,6495861.story

Excerpts:
San Gabriel's growing reputation for Chinese food and services has made it a destination for visitors from China, boosting revenue for the city and creating some hassles for residents.
These are boom times for Chinese tourism, and statistics show that about a third of those who travel to the United States spend at least some time in Los Angeles. But some are shunning coastal resorts and Beverly Hills opulence in favor of San Gabriel, a city of 40,000 best known for its historic mission.

"San Gabriel is famous in China," said David Lee, chief executive of Hing Wa Lee Group, which recently opened a flagship jewelry store in San Gabriel a few hundred feet from a Hilton hotel, where many Chinese tourists stay. "It has become a brand name destination."

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
It might mean that they have all this shit they printed for Taiwan, and it ain't moving very well, so they are trying to offload it here.

Problem is, the written language on Taiwan and the Mainland is no longer the same in Mandarin, and that's before you get into dialect differences.

This is "East" in Taiwan:

This is "East" on the Mainland: 东

This is one of the words for "China" in both forms:
華 and 华.

Most Cantonese speakers outside of Hong Kong also learn Mandarin in school, but adding the orthographic complexity on top would turn them off right away.

Does anyone know if this stuff is Simplified or Traditional Chinese? If you can get me a picture of the materials, I can tell you right away.

If I was running the new Chinese Mission, I would use both SIMPLIFIED and TRADITIONAL translations.

Simplified: 达基是奴隶制。节省你的钱。保存自己。

Traditional: 達基是奴隸制。節省你的錢。保存自己。

Translation: "Scientology is slavery. Save your money. Save yourself."

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Oh! I am surprised about this news! :duh:

LRH was known to believe and wrote that chinese smell bad - dont bathe and there are too much :duh:

smell.gif

Shall I be Chinese, I would not let HIS Church of greed smell a dollar of mine!

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious
The trouble with Pasadena is that there's too many chinks there. They reek of the baths they didn't take.

Edit: Oops, should've read the post above.

If I was running the new Chinese Mission, I would use both SIMPLIFIED and TRADITIONAL translations.

Simplified: 达基是奴隶制。节省你的钱。保存自己。

Traditional: 達基是奴隸制。節省你的錢。保存自己。

Translation: "Scientology is slavery. Save your money. Save yourself."

can I suggest adding "Save your family"?