Votes: 17 41.5%
  • Figure it doesn't matter so why bother talking to them

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I have some thoughts on this but none of the above correspond

Votes: 14 34.1%

• Total voters

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
While I have my suspicions I hope that anyone coming here is looking for truth, support and answers for questions.

I am trying to find a happy medium between being happily optimistic about people and their intentions and being aware of the trolls here attempting to disrupt.

This board really helps so many people in so many ways. I personally feel this board and other like it are vital for so many different reasons. I am never surprised when I see the crazy posters here, not at all. Of course this place and the people who support it are going to get attacked.

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron
Nah, I'd have plenty of bux. I've seen people say that a lot. Particularly on the Hello I'm a Scientologist thread. Here are two such. You can do your own search if you really want to find more.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=363668&postcount=91

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=363518&postcount=75

There have been many more. I've seen posts like that on every single thread I've ever read here (and some on other fora) where an alleged church member posts whilst announcing self as church member.

In any event, what I said was correct. I'm just a person posting her thoughts on a public discussion board. I'm not on trial here and neither is any other contributor.

I thought you meant that forum members were saying the CoS member-person was not allowed to be here because the forum members didn't want them here and felt they should not be allowed to come here.

Thus, I questioned what you wrote because I have never seen a forum member/poster say anything to suggest that, simply because a poster announced they were a scientologist (in or out of the "church"), that any members of the forum felt they shouldn't be "allowed" here.

My mistake.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I think it's good to be 'polite' to everyone; depending on how you define that. Just letting loose on someone for no apparent reason probably isn't polite. However, polite also does *not* mean 'giving the benefit of the doubt' or 'not invalidating' etc.

Pretty much anyone's allowed onto ESMB, and, they're also 'allowed' to say or claim pretty much anything they want. And, I'm 'allowed' to say 'I Don't Believe You'.

That's not impolite. Usually I don't bother saying that to people, even when I don't believe them, when it's an irrelevant tidbit or bagatelle. But, mostly people don't makes claims that are irrelevant. They claim something in order to *make* themselves relevant and in those cases, if I feel like it, I have no hesitation saying 'I don't believe you' and I don't consider that 'impolite'.

Don't Invalidate is a *Scientology* rule and ESMB is *not* Scientology nor bound by Scientology rules.

And, while I think the 'Spot OSA' game gets pretty old, there are times when I'm pretty damn sure someone is OSA or working for OSA and, if that 'working for' element involves some posting shenanigans on ESMB, I wouldn't hesitate to give my opinion.

That's not impolite either.

Zinj

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I thought you meant that forum members were saying the CoS member-person was not allowed to be here because the forum members didn't want them here and felt they should not be allowed to come here.

Thus, I questioned what you wrote because I have never seen a forum member/poster say anything to suggest that, simply because a poster announced they were a scientologist (in or out of the "church"), that any members of the forum felt they shouldn't be "allowed" here.

My mistake.

Some forum contributors have posted commentary telling the person he or she is not allowed by his or her church to post here. I'm sure their motives vary from person to person and situation to situation.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Zinji,

I definitely remember talking to you a bit about things when I first came to a.r.s. I liked talking to everyone who was willing to discuss things with me which certainly includes you.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
FF,

I sometimes think that true believers can be disruptive even when not sent by OSA, cuz til they get it out of their heads that we're wrong about their church, they're going to be furthering the church's agenda even when they're not operatives and even when they think it's just from their own heart(s).

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron
Some forum contributors have posted commentary telling the person he or she is not allowed by his or her church to post here. I'm sure their motives vary from person to person and situation to situation.

I see that. What I thought you meant was that forum contributors were telling the scientologist poster that the forum contributors/ regulars/ members/ EX-scientologists didn't want to "allow" CoS scientologists to post here.

All clear now?

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Original text from opening post:

But if I had a buck for every time I've seen someone say "Oh, that person's not allowed to be here and they must be OSA because OSA doesn't let anyone but their operatives post here" and whapping someone in the face with that little tidbit, I could retire.

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
I always assume there's a human on the other end. I may be wrong, but I've also been right on this point in the past, including with three people who are now out.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
I say hello and

I say hello/welcome and then I wait, read newbie's posts. Usually I give benefit of doubt - with caution - until my warning buzzer goes off - IF it does. :nervous: Then I might check in with others who are expressing doubts too.

If I suspect is osa, I think - Oh, can't hurt me, but others should KNOW so don't innocently give out personal ID'g info - in an attempt to help someone who is NOT a genuine ex.

Thoughts of messing with 'em always goes through my mind (wouldn't that be fun :sparky: :bug:) - but why bother (and it might be dangerous). Mostly once I think a newbie is a spy messing with us, I stop reading any of their threads / posts. :ignore: I don't go there - not out of fear :hide: - but rather me coming from that place of - I just don't give a shit (about the low-toned evil scumbags, 1.1's all :dontfeedtrolls:).

However, I always hope that those of you who are going back and forth with these people, are making a dent, and perhaps opening up that can of worms for them - giving them that first inkling - to get out - too. :whistling: I am not going to even try.

But that is only if my warning buzzer goes off. :flasher: Otherwise, they are a genuine newbie - - - until the warning buzzer . . .

Now - sometimes my warning buzzer goes off on a well respected long-timer - or two. Then I wonder if I am getting too paranoid - or spending too much time here -:lol:. Definitely I am jaded - from being on here. Kind of sad. I used to be so innocent and trusting . . . Guess I have seen too much evil in scn/co$. I do watch my back, and mind my p's and q's - about what I say here . . . just in case . . .

:yes:

THIS IS WHY
:guyfawkes:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
If I suspect is osa, I think - Oh, can't hurt me, but others should KNOW so don't innocently give out personal ID'g info - in an attempt to help someone who is NOT a genuine ex.

Just one thing here; OSA very certainly *does* read anything here or anywhere else. You don't need OSA Ops *posting* to read posts. So, it's not like, if you're in a thread, but, no 'suspicious character' has posted there, you're 'safe' :)

There is no 'security' on a public message board. Yes though, be a little careful about what you exchange with people in PM etc. and it's not rude to say 'none of your business, not because I don't trust you, but because you *don't need to know that*.'

You can even tell people your ATM PIN #s if you *really don't care*. :)

Zinj