ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

CIA Connection to Current Management

Discussion in 'David Miscavige and Current Management' started by haiqu, Sep 14, 2013.

1. haiqu

haiqu Patron Meritorious

Robert Trumbull Crowley died in a Washington DC hospital on October 8, 2000.

He was a senior Central Intelligence Agency officer from 1948 until the mid-1980s.

During his tenure with the CIA, Crowley became Assistant Deputy Director for Operations and the second-in-command of the clandestine Directorate of Operations.

He wrote a book entitled The New KGB: Engine of Soviet Power that was published in 1985 by William Morrow.

In 1996, prior to what Crowley felt might be a fatal major surgery for suspected lung cancer, he gave a number of historical documents from his extensive personal files to an American journalist with whom he had been working.

One of the caveats of this gift was that none of the material could be used or published until after his death.

Among the treasure trove of historical material on the genesis and operations of the influential CIA was an alphabetical listing of CIA sources throughout the world, provided below.

A source is not a paid agent but an individual who can occupy a position of influence, such as an international banker, a member of the print or television media, or a scholar or academic, who might be in a position to influence official decisions or supply necessary support for an official CIA position.

Other material covered a number of clandestine operations of the agency, both national and international, from 1948 through 1978.

For instance, among papers in the Crowley archives there is an explosive signed report concerning the underlying facts of the assassination of President John Kennedy and other material on such controversial issues as Operation Phoenix, the MK-ULTRA program, Operations Condor and Applepie, and even an in-house budget for the 1996-97 fiscal years.

In his final years, a reflective Crowley often expressed his desire to help others understand the many historical events that he was party to, and his many friends and admirers are pleased that his wishes are now being fulfilled.

<Full list elided>

The names of interest on this list were:

Heber Jentzsch
    David Miscavige

2. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Ooh, that's a misleading post! I've seen that list. There was a post some years ago on ESMB about it, and I commented on it, namely that it showed nothing beyond two contact people for the CofS being DM as head honcho and Heber as titular "President," usually an important position in a corporation (but only a PR post in the CofS with little power.)

Here's that earlier 2009 thread: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?12880

Paul

3. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

That was published here in 2000 http://cryptome.org/cia-2619-pir.htm

and here in 2001 http://cryptome.org/cia-2619.htm in 2001

It was discussed on forums back in 2008... and probably earlier.. There were certain issues Scientology was involved with across the globe, which may have to do with those 2 being on the list -- as part of their networking, so to speak, to overtake the psychs and pressure or subdue government attitudes hostile to Scn

David Miscavige is a CIA-agent! Heber Jentsch too!
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.religion.scientology/TtQPTmkejYk
    Spys at the Top? The CIA, David Miscavige and Heber Jentsch Robert T
    Crowley
    http://tinyurl.com/2srxkm
    http://groups.google.com/group/alt.religion.scientology/msg/3ff2332270fa454c

However, the Association of Former Intelligence Officers site commented on the list,claiming to not know if the list is accurate or not.

http://www.afio.com/sections/wins/2000/2000-49.html

4. haiqu

haiqu Patron Meritorious

Let's put this into historical perspective.

This list was published three years after the infamous "The War is Over" IAS event of 1993 announcing that Scientology had made peace with the IRS. As AnonyMary states, the names come from a member list published in 1996 on the Association of Former Intelligence Officers website.

Since the list was alleged to have been leaked to the internet prior to 2000 the Robert Crowley story becomes irrelevant, assuming the leak isn't itself a cover story to limit damage caused by Crowley. It's certainly not beyond the skills and resources of the CIA to generate cover to protect themselves against such occurrences.

But one has to wonder what those names were doing on the member list in the first place. Sorry if I came in late on this, but it sure looks worthy of further consideration. My intention isn't to mislead and their inclusion isn't merely a case of someone having added them as "contact people." They were members of the AFIO.

According to the AFIO website "Current and Former U.S. intelligence, counterintelligence, military, law enforcement and related (e.g. security) personnel (any rank or level), may become Members. U.S. citizens in private, civil, academic or corporate pursuits, as well as, Americans currently in non-intelligence government employment (at any level) or other military service, may become Associate Members." [Fair use quote.]

Perhaps they were only Associate Members, but one is still left wondering why. It's a string to pull.

5. Lermanet_com

Lermanet_com Gold Meritorious Patron

I imagine that if one did manage to pull this particular string, all one would find is a playbill.

Perhaps Davie and Heber watched "Tommarro Never Dies" , a 1998 James Bond action flick

[video=youtube;Fv7GXaLzoXI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv7GXaLzoXI[/video]

And then he entered a maniacal delusions of grandeur episode, after finishing a bottle of Macallan scotch. He wasn't happy with his existing vanity patent, LINK a patent filed with intent to enhance the stature of inferior minds, a silly holder for a $3.00 electret microphone capsule and wanted more to enhance his somewhat limited stature... so he decided he wanted to be a spy...after all, that is what he does all day...upon $cientology, in much the same style as Hubbard, while in the Naval Hospital, putting on a white coat and then having another patient call him Dr. and getting access to doctor's library... so he told his trusty lawyer William Drescher to "make it so" ....

"Tomorrow is in the hands of one man, you know the rest"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  6. haiqu

haiqu Patron Meritorious

Thanks Arnie. You just earned one MILLION dollars. Best chuckle I've had in ages.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  7. haiqu

haiqu Patron Meritorious

But getting back to the original premise, this posting fills in a few more pieces of evidence:

[Ref: http://leavingscientology.wordpress.com/2010/01/01/the-enablers]

Those who place their faith in Government bureaucracies, eventually end up disappointed.

There are also some of us who suspect that the Government is not also complicit but also a contributing factor and that Miscavige is acting on their behalf.

For example he does work for the IRS to an extent by ensuring that all Scientologists pay their taxes before being allowed onto further services.

Narconon currently supports the Drug Enforcement Agency’s war against drugs. Many of their publications promote the myth that marijuana is a “gateway drug” and that it is highly dangerous contrary to what it says in ‘Dianetics the Modern Science of Mental Health’, about it.

A few years back in the Church’s publication ‘Freedom Magazine’ they were promoting the State Department line that what was occurring in Kosovo was “ethnic cleansing” which just happened to align with the DOD’s “humanitarian bombing” effort when in fact it was a civil war.

There is also evidence that the Agency has been using Miscavige’s Church as cover for their NOCs, especially in light of what happened in Greece when the “Church” was found spying on Greece’s own Intelligence agency. Seems Greece was not all that willing a member in the “coalition of the willing”.

Speaking of the Agency and also getting back to “Freedom” again. It was nice how they diverted attention from any culpability CIA had in the creation of al-Qaeda during the Soviet’s war in Afghanistan by claiming that Ayman al-Zawahri was a psychiatrist when in fact he is an MD.

One has to ask why would the Government shut down an organization that fully supports its “warlike ends”?

That said, there is no disputing the fact that Miscavige has made the subject “unworkable and distasteful” while disputing the “invidious connection”.

However, I think the Ol’man was spot on when he wrote HCOPL 10 January 1968 ‘Politics, Freedom From’ and that it has been the direct violation of this policy that has brought us to where we are today.

In short the Church under Miscavige has become a political entity, that exists solely by the support of the Government and not by its people.

Rob

8. oneonewasaracecar

oneonewasaracecar Gold Meritorious Patron

I have a bit of difficulty believing this. With the Operation Snow White arrests, it became known that Scientology had infiltrated the US intelligence community in the 70s and the US govt in general since 1960. I cannot believe that the CIA would forget this.

Also, what would Scientology have to offer the CIA? Ensuring that Scientologists paid their taxes doesn't seem like much and Scientology's public verbal support of the government doesn't count for much if no one considers them a reputable organization.

You say that CIA has benefited by using Scientology for cover, which would be one answer to my question. Do you have evidence for this?

I must confess, I am perplexed as to why Scientology has survived so long and the US Government has done so little, but I am not convinced this is the answer.

9. haiqu

haiqu Patron Meritorious

You'd have to ask the author for the evidence he claims to have, I'm just using a little Data Series tech to piece together what I can, and then again not really as any sort of serious project.

Real life is much more interesting to me than the activities of the loons in current management.

Another interesting piece of the puzzle can be found in Allen Wright's video made at the 2002 RO conference. It's on YouTube here:

[video=youtube;eeU796zj0oU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeU796zj0oU[/video]

The points of interest come in at around 28 min into the clip.

10. Smackthis.

Smackthis. Patron

"Project Monarch is a US Defense Department code name assigned to a subsection of the Central Intelligence Agency's Operation Artichoke later become Project MK Ultra. Whereas Project Monarch was officially dedicated sometime in the early 1960's by the US Army. Project Monarch is a genealogical approach to define transgenerational (via genetic psychology) behavioral modification through trauma based psychological mind control." - Operation Monarch by Mark Phillips

Potentially , you would have a multi-generational group of people too select from to be part of the Monarch program. Whether those higher up in the Church would be aware of it , well I doubt that.
    Evidence? No.