What's new

Cinci Scio arrested for child rape

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you TL. I am the mother of a 12 year old girl who looks 18.

:yes: My daughter is 14 . . . thankfully she's taller than the 8th grade boys so they are still scared of her. High School next year scares me though. Thankfully her brother will be a Senior!

GT -- I want you to know what a charge I get out of your avatars!!! That is a great collection!

-TL

Good twin

Floater
:yes: My daughter is 14 . . . thankfully she's taller than the 8th grade boys so they are still scared of her. High School next year scares me though. Thankfully her brother will be a Senior!

GT -- I want you to know what a charge I get out of your avatars!!! That is a great collection!

-TL

Thanks TL

skydog

Patron Meritorious
David Miscavige sucks

Ben Kasle is a Class IV auditor. I have been "out" for a looong time. Can anyone come up with a current PL or HCOB which states that students on Academy levels are considered "ministers"?

There is no way the Org could not have known about this. Think about this guy's O/Ws, sec checks, Danger formula, co-auditing, etc. etc. ad nauseum.

Ben Kasle should consider making a plea agreement. The ethics files are confidential because of the priest/penitent privilege. Even though the "pastor"(sec checker) is not required to disclose confidential communications, there are affirmative obligations which have probably been violated by the Co$ in his case.

The Co$ does not want these files disclosed. The privilege to keep these communications confidential, however, belongs to Ben Kasle, not to the Co$. If Mr. Kasle were to waive his confidentiality in these matters, the Co$ would be legally obligated to disclose them.

While I understand the scars these types of crimes leave on their victims, if these 'ethics files' would support a prosecution of the Co$ as a criminal organization, Kasle would deserve some consideration.

justaguy

Patron Meritorious
It even happened at the church...oh boy that looks bad.:thumbsup:

I don't think that child rape is the proper occasion for a thumbs up.

Sorry. It's one of my buttons and you pushed it whether or not you meant too and whether or not I'm misunderstanding you. :whistling:

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't think that child rape is the proper occasion for a thumbs up.

Sorry. It's one of my buttons and you pushed it whether or not you meant too and whether or not I'm misunderstanding you. :whistling:

There is/was more than one thread about this.

The thumbs up is for another footbullet only. Of course I feel very bad for the girl involved. That goes without saying. At least I thought.

justaguy

Patron Meritorious
There is/was more than one thread about this.

The thumbs up is for another footbullet only. Of course I feel very bad for the girl involved. That goes without saying. At least I thought.

It does. Like I said, the subject is one of my buttons and it got pushed. I would prefer a few less footbullets of this kind. :angry: :no:

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm just glad this got reported to the cops FINALLY. It went on for almost a year so I am assuming the girl was 13 when it started.
:angry:

Check the figures in the OP. She's 14 now. It started in 2007. Makes her 12 at the time.

I am very happy to see one of these guys getting prosecuted. I know of several men in Scn that skated through with doing lower conditions and all forgiven, and some of them for sex with kids much younger than 12. So this is good.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Ben Kasle Convicted on Count A

Another awesome point for the most ethical people on the planet.

benkasleo.jpg

A man was arrested today accused of having sex with a teenager at the Church of Scientology in Downtown Cincinnati.

Twenty-one-year-old Ben Kasle is charged with two counts of gross sexual imposition.

Investigators say he had sex with the girl who is now 14-years-old.

Police records indicate the alleged offenses happened at the church on Fourth Street between October 2007 and September 2008.

An attorney representing the church says the church is aware of the investigation and is cooperating with police, however, the church has no comment since the investigation is ongoing.

He is due in court on May 6th.

Man Accused Of Abusing Minor At Scientology Church
KYPost.com 23rd April 09
http://www.kypost.com/content/wcpos...cientology-Church/qVq4Nl2tMESaX4sT3z47lg.cspx

DIGG IT
http://digg.com/people/Man_Accused_of_Abusing_Minor_At_Cincinnati_Scientology

Kasel was Convicted on 1 of 2 counts by Nolo Contendere on June 4, 2009 . Not sure if he's still in OH, as he's not listed in their registry yet. He's not listed as incarcerated in the state prison. Maybe an Ohioan can followup. Here's what I found:

Count A: SEX IMPOSITN-VICTIM 13,14,15M3 2907-06A4 ORCN

Case Summary
Case Number: /09/CRB/13040
Common Pleas Case Number:
Case Caption: STATE OF OHIO vs. BEN KASLE
Judge: BRAD GREENBERG
Filed Date: 4/23/2009
Case Type: -
Race: WHITE
Sex: M
Date of Birth: 3/5/1988
Disposition: 06/04/2009 314 CONV BY NOLO CONTNDR
Count B: SEX IMPOSITN-VICTIM 13,14,15M3 2907-06A4 ORCN
Disposition: 06/04/2009 330 CHARGE DISMISSED

Tier I New tier structure
The Adam Walsh Act and Ohio Senate Bill 10 organize sex offender classification into three Tiers. Classification is based solely on the offense of conviction; a person s likelihood to reoffend will no longer be considered.

Registration and verification duties:

Tier I : registration duties last 15 years for adults, 10 years for juveniles; in-person verification at the county sheriff s office is required annually.
http://www.ashlandcounty.org/sheriff/predator_classifications.cfm

CHAPTER 2907: SEX OFFENSES

2907.01 Sex offenses general definitions.
As used in sections 2907.01 to 2907.38 of the Revised Code:

Charge:

Route: Ohio Revised Code» TITLE [29] XXIX CRIMES -- PROCEDURE» CHAPTER 2907: SEX OFFENSES

2907.06 Sexual imposition.
(A) No person shall have sexual contact with another, not the spouse of the offender; cause another, not the spouse of the offender, to have sexual contact with the offender; or cause two or more other persons to have sexual contact when any of the following applies:

(4) The other person, or one of the other persons, is thirteen years of age or older but less than sixteen years of age, whether or not the offender knows the age of such person, and the offender is at least eighteen years of age and four or more years older than such other person.
----------------------------

The Origin of the Nolo Contendere Plea in Criminal Law

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
sick, sick, sick. the posts reflect what I saw. Weren't allowed to report because the offender would wind up in "psych hands" I apologize to the young girl I audited...it's not enough, but I hope you someday are out and know that they were insane. The bastard violated you. Was I really part of this insane cult? We covered up so much for "the greater good".

The Clam

Patron with Honors
I think the COS will look on the upside of this situation. When Ben is not being the prison bitch of some dude in the Aryan brotherhood , they really hate child molesters in the joint,. He can work on the Crimanon Program explaining to the inmates how scn changed his life.

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
I also go absolutely CRAZY with the topic of sexual child abuse. I get so hostile, my husband actually gets worried. There is ZERO explanation why an adult would become aroused by a child. ZERO. These freaks are wired wrong and I know it sounds horrific but they should be locked away forever. I have seen women now becoming pedophiles and "rapists", WTF?? :confused2: With the rage I feel, that I could literally kill the person with my bare hands, I thank God every day that no one touched either my son or daughter or I could very well be behind bars myself. And I think I'd be ok with it. :yes:
The harm that is done by these animals is irreparable and all we can do is pray that their victims can live a somewhat normal life. :bigcry:
One of God's best gifts to us--an intimate, loving relationship with a partner or spouse, may never be enjoyed after the damage inflicted. :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious
Question: Since children are "adults in small bodies", does this heinous act (heinous from a human perspective) even register as a crime in the cult?

Purple Rain

Crusader
he's BACK on staff..

That is very worrying to me. Nobody in Scientology is going to warn any young girls who happen to be ensnared in the cult in Cincinatti that a convicted rapist is employed at their local 'church'. Doesn't a 'church' have some legal responsibility to ensure that sex offenders don't work around children? Everybody else seems to, at least in Australia.

Happy Days

Silver Meritorious Patron
This creep, according to the cult's own policies, would not qualify for staff.

Also isn't there a 'Child Sex Offender Register' in the US. The offender has very very strict guidelines of where a he/she can and cannot go in relation to places where children are located.

TG1

Angelic Poster
Seems like there's more to this story than "predator/pedophile" gets arrested, then is back on the streets in 3 years. Doesn't make sense. Was he convicted of anything?
Anybody know?

TG1

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Looking at the court record, there was no rape involved. "Sexual imposition" refers to sexual contact (improper touching, etc.) with an underaged minor... in Ben's case, the charges were knocked down to a misdemeanor. Rape would have constituted aggravated assault - a felony.

Let's not crucify the guy for something he DIDN'Tdo. Obviously, the "sexual contact" was enough to prosecute him under Ohio law and land him on the Sex Offenders registry, which will follow him for the rest of his life. He served no jail time.

Disposition: 03/29/2010 283 PAID THRU PROBATION
Count B: SEX IMPOSITN-VICTIM 13,14,15M3 2907-06A4 ORCN
Disposition: 06/04/2009 330 CHARGE DISMISSED

07/16/2009 - SENTENCED COUNT A: SEX IMPOSITN-VICTIM 13,14,15M3 CONFINEMENT: 60 DAYS, SUSPENDED 60 DAYS COMMUNITY CONTROL: 1 YRS PAY THRU PROBATION COST: $94 75 HOURS C.S. /09/CRB/13040/A

http://www.courtclerk.org/case_summary.asp?
sec=history&casenumber=/09/CRB/13040

http://law.justia.com/codes/ohio/2006/orc/jd_290706-8763.html

BENJAMIN JACOB KASLE
Supervision status: Community Control
Classification: Tier I Sex Offender

http://www.esorn.ag.state.oh.us/Secured/p21_2.aspx#lblError

Yeah, I know he's a Scilon, but he's also a young kid that fucked up. Very sad.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Question: Since children are "adults in small bodies", does this heinous act (heinous from a human perspective) even register as a crime in the cult?

No. Scientology scripture will tell you that the child is at fault in that the abuse was due to past life overts. Just ask Jan Eastgate (AKA Janice Meyers).