What's new

City of Clearwater Attempting to Put Ethics in on Church of Scientology at Flag

Anonycat

Crusader
I don't think anything significant will happen until the aquarium is operational.

Maybe some business will move in a head of time, but that will probably be all.

Just let's hope that dolphin doesn't end up in a can of tuna.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Yes, from the article, it sounded like it was all based on the Aquarium going in - which investors are not so certain of. Then a new hotel maybe, and so on.

Purple Rain

Crusader
I'm really not knocking Clearwater. I thought it was incredibly beautiful. I could have lived in Florida - and if people didn't say it was going to end up underwater I really might consider moving there. It's exciting to see all these developments for the Downtown area and the business people effectively revitalising the heart of the city. I think people have these perceptions of Scientology controlling the place because of the successful "invasion" of Clearwater and the lack of adherence to the "wog" regulations.

Purple Rain

Crusader
I don't think anything significant will happen until the aquarium is operational.

Maybe some business will move in a head of time, but that will probably be all.

Just let's hope that dolphin doesn't end up in a can of tuna.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Well, her life really is constantly in danger because of not having a tail. The aquarium and Winter can use all the support they can get - financially and otherwise. What they are doing is a marvellous thing - particularly with what Winter represents for many people with a disability, especially the children.

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm really not knocking Clearwater. I thought it was incredibly beautiful. I could have lived in Florida - and if people didn't say it was going to end up underwater I really might consider moving there. It's exciting to see all these developments for the Downtown area and the business people effectively revitalising the heart of the city. I think people have these perceptions of Scientology controlling the place because of the successful "invasion" of Clearwater and the lack of adherence to the "wog" regulations.
i would be willing to "winter" in clearwater, but it is miserable in the summer. i flew there from california. in august, i think the first time. the humidity was almost unbearable. and
everything indoors was too cold, and the outside was too hot. then we had a hurricane.
i was staying at the Fort Harrison. staff told us not to worry, that the FH was actually a hurricane shelter.who knows if that was even true? looking back.
but after the hurricane passed by(hurricane elaine) the stench was overhwelming. even the OT III's were holding their noses, lol.
i don't think it will end up underwater anytime soon. there is a fair bit of global warming fear mongering going on around that. i wouldn't let that stop you.
i look back to the time when i had a choice to move to san jose, california or austin texas, for a job.
i chose austin because san jose had a nuclear power plant sitting on a fault line. that was many years ago, and nothing became of the big EQ and nuclear meltdown.

the
ocean is so warm in FL and the sand is white. not that i discovered any of that on my trip to flag... i found out about that on a later trip to florida.
so, if you aren't in a cult i think the state could be quite enjoyable.

i am not sure how it is now. but the FL men were wolves, i mean really they would just hang their head out the car and scream things at you, a woman walking alone. in the middle of the day. very different to california.
i still think california is a lot better... i miss it sooo much.

i would be willing to "winter" in clearwater, but it is miserable in the summer. i flew there from california. in august, i think the first time. the humidity was almost unbearable. and
everything indoors was too cold, and the outside was too hot. then we had a hurricane.
i was staying at the Fort Harrison. staff told us not to worry, that the FH was actually a hurricane shelter.who knows if that was even true? looking back.
but after the hurricane passed by(hurricane elaine) the stench was overhwelming. even the OT III's were holding their noses, lol.
i don't think it will end up underwater anytime soon. there is a fair bit of global warming fear mongering going on around that. i wouldn't let that stop you.
i look back to the time when i had a choice to move to san jose, california or austin texas, for a job.
i chose austin because san jose had a nuclear power plant sitting on a fault line. that was many years ago, and nothing became of the big EQ and nuclear meltdown.

the
ocean is so warm in FL and the sand is white. not that i discovered any of that on my trip to flag... i found out about that on a later trip to florida.
so, if you aren't in a cult i think the state could be quite enjoyable.

i am not sure how it is now. but the FL men were wolves, i mean really they would just hang their head out the car and scream things at you, a woman walking alone. in the middle of the day. very different to california.
i still think california is a lot better... i miss it sooo much.

Like people say about Florida, it is not the heat, it is the stupidity.

Unfortunately, this part of Florida is full of crude rednecks.

Northern Florida is beautiful compare to central or south Florida.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
From the Bunker earlier this morning:

Marc Headley’s Message to Mayor George Cretekos

We’ve been fascinated by Tampa Bay Times reporter Charlie Frago’s coverage of the Church of Scientology’s demands on the city of Clearwater as several big church events near. Scientology has made numerous last-minute demands for street closures, and has also flouted city law by chopping down trees and putting up huge signs.

Last week, former Scientologist Marc Headley — author of the thrilling escape narrative, Blown For Good — sent the following message to Clearwater Mayor George Cretekos, encouraging him to stand up to Scientology leader David Miscavige. Headley shared it with us, and we thought readers would find it interesting.

<snip> See Full Post: http://tonyortega.org/2013/11/10/sc...headley-schools-clearwaters-mayor/#more-11482

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Ms. Tory Magoo's video to the Mayor of Clearwater:

[video=youtube;Cz-oqLIpQJs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz-oqLIpQJs[/video]

:clap::clap::clap: Brava! :clap::clap::clap:

JB

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
All I know is when fairly recently I passed through CW on a business trip that driving down from the Tampa airport there seemed in downtown CW lots less people running around in those faux navy uniforms than I remembered ' back in the day ' when I was there.

The cult, while still nasty, seems to be a shadow of it's former self.

Is that just my imagination - or reality ?

got to be your imagination. Hell it is huge in Joburg. Approx 30 crew there. That is amost the majority of the city's population. Don't ya know Scn it the world fastest growing bullshit religion in the whole world. Soon every single scientologist will have a building of their own to manage.

I hope they have enough biscuits for tea for 2 when Davey arrives.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...tology-must-meet-to-hold-its- events/2151572

"The city also warned the church that if it violates the city's conditions and police must be used to "establish control," the church will be billed $50 per hour for each officer"

Does that mean that there will be no-off duty officers available to be hired by the scientology gestapo?

Anonycat

Crusader
From the Bunker earlier this morning:

Thanks for that, I haven't made it to Tony's in a while. What a great letter Marc wrote. And while reading it, I got that feeling again, and that feeling is how bad I feel for Clearwater. Not just being used and abused by the cult of scientology, but they are denied much needed tax income, too. It's a lose-lose situation for the City of Clearwater, and a win-because-we-screwed-you for scientology. Scientology is assault and battery on the City of Clearwater.

I wish the City could find a way to show the blatant personal profiting by David Miscavige, and his using "donations" (so-called donations are actually pre-paid price for specific courses) for stalking, plentiful and vexatious legal suits, the cost of their many high priced lawyers, money to the PIs to stalk former clients, and so on. They also have complete lack of public service. They only benefit themselves, and it will always be that way. David Miscavige is guilty, and scientology should have their tax-exempt status revoked. Take your stand against the abuse, Clearwater!

Anonycat

Crusader
"The city also warned the church that if it violates the city's conditions and police must be used to "establish control," the church will be billed $50 per hour for each officer"

Does that mean that there will be no-off duty officers available to be hired by the scientology gestapo?

Hey, if the city of Clearwater launches a riot team to contain the area, and assure that no one goes in the tents, I am so down with that. Yeah, and charge the cult $50 per hour, per officer. I hope they send 100 officers to secure the area and vacate everyone from the premises.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Wow. I knew David Miscavige was a lot of things.

I shall add pompous ass to the list!

(See Headley's letter and his note about Bill Clinton.... yeesh)