What's new

Class action suit for all who were declaired

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
I think everyone who has ever been declared should get together and file a class action law suit for liable.

When they declar you they are putting in writing that you are in the 2% of destructive people. This is liable!

Think about it:
Because of the declare you can not get jobs in scientology companies

Because of the declare your family has disconnected...emotional damages.

Imagine the media getting hold of this story.

i am not a lawyer....any thoughts?

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
It makes sense.

But I refuse to give up my badge of honor. And the people that matter to me the most, don't give a rats ass that I am declared.

I fully agree that the declare is libel and slanderous. And because the CofS wrote it, many "head in the sand followers" can't see what BS the declare notice is.

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
I always found it funny that practically all early Scios were declared SP. That played a significant role in my leaving. If indeed a libel class action were to go forward, it would surely bankrupt the Cof$. They "Goldenrodded" practically everyone who was of no use to them (read 'no more available cash out of this mark')

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Re expulsions--I've always felt they should be able to kick out a/one they want to kick out. But I think it's egregious that all expulsions are accompanied by declares. I know WHY they do it, but it's wrong, anyway.

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think everyone who has ever been declared should get together and file a class action law suit for liable.

Please don't limit it only to SP declares. I have never been declared (at least not yet), but I still want to join a class action suit. Can't a class action suit include several claims for different situations? Isn't that the point of a class action suit, to cover any and all cases of those that have been damaged by the entity being sued? I mean how about simple fraud? Just having been lied to and paying tons of money for frivolous Bridge actions is the kind of suit I'm thinking of. All ex-Scn that were duped this way should sue for the money they paid at the least, and more for personal/mental damage. Certainly ex-SO should sue for back wages. Children in the SO should sue for more, especially those that lost their whole childhood to the cult. Couldn't all these people be represented in the class? I am not an attorney either, I'm just guessing.

MAX YOUR CREDIT

Patron with Honors
How does one find out if they've been declared?

I never received any document stating that I have been declared. Everyone that I knew in Scn has been told to disconnect from me and delete me from their Facebook friends. Not everyone has done so and some that have delete me still remain friends because they either work for a Scientology company or have family in Scn.

Doom

Lurking.
How does one find out if they've been declared?

I never received any document stating that I have been declared. Everyone that I knew in Scn has been told to disconnect from me and delete me from their Facebook friends. Not everyone has done so and some that have delete me still remain friends because they either work for a Scientology company or have family in Scn.
Now days they dont sent them, Because of the legal problems with defimation law.

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
So if they don't send out the declairs how do people know you are declared?

Do they send the goldenrod to your friends or just natter about you on the phone?

I would like to find proof so if I ever get declared I can cash in or at least cause trouble.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Sometimes they ask the person to come into the Org and get their goldenrod. They did that with us.

Sometimes they never tell anybody.

Don't expect consistency, fairness or efficiency from these people.

freethinker

Sponsor

When they declar you they are putting in writing that you are in the 2% of destructive people. This is liable!

Think about it:
Because of the declare you can not get jobs in scientology companies

Because of the declare your family has disconnected...emotional damages.

Imagine the media getting hold of this story.

i am not a lawyer....any thoughts?

I think there is a very valid point. It is slander and should be addressed. Now is the perfect time. You can count me in.:thumbsup:

Free

pollywannacracker

Patron Meritorious
So if they don't send out the declairs how do people know you are declared?

Do they send the goldenrod to your friends or just natter about you on the phone?

I would like to find proof so if I ever get declared I can cash in or at least cause trouble.

Wasn't there a recent case where an e-mail was sent out and the person who was "declared" was accidentally sent a copy?

Ah, but isn't that the way with this 1.1 "church"?

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
I got a golden note to see the IJC. LOL!

At one time I would have had a melt down and when it did happen it did not bother me much and this year I am an upset I sent out many more christmas card to friends new and old.