What's new

Class IX and XII Auditors who did not complete SHSBC or the Class VIII Course? WTF?

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Re: Class IX and XII Auditors who did not complete SHSBC or the Class VIII Course? W

HellYeah!

And the funny part is this--there was absolutely NOTHING confidential about the confidential R-6 SHSBC tapes.

It was all just made up sci-fi gibberish, dead-end theories and delusional mumbo-jumbo that didn't mean anything and Hubbard charged a fortune for.

What a bizarre world Scientologists live in!!!

Which is why they were confidential. You would not want the industrial-strength crazy stuff being played on the radio, would you?:eyeroll::eyeroll::omg:

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: Class IX and XII Auditors who did not complete SHSBC or the Class VIII Course? W

From a 1998 grade chart - note the prerequisites column,

143dy8.jpg
Serious question...did any of you ever feel silly using the words "flubless" and "flublessly" with a straight face?

Leland

Crusader

"Serious question...did any of you ever feel silly using the words "flubless" and "flublessly" with a straight face?"

No. But "Flubber" always cracked me up! ( movie reference)

Gus

Patron with Honors

LoL, good story. "S" St. or 19th St. ?? Just curious. Perhaps 19th St. was never a org but rather Ron La Fatty Hubbard's home in D.C. ?

I'm not sure - the story was told to me by someone who was there at the time, and whose bona fides I know fully and trust implicitly.

Wisner is real piece of shit - always has been, always will be.

-Gus

PS: Next time I talk to this person, I'll ask :)

phenomanon

Canyon

I did the course in 81-82. I did the last of the subject order Briefing courses. At that time they were starting to deliver the first of the date order checksheets. Prior to that I did the old R6EW course, which had a raft of confidential R-6 tapes. All of the R-6 tapes that were not confidential were left on the course, ostensibly because they were about listing and nulling and assessment. All of the confidential R-6 tapes were deleted from the course. When I did the confidential section of the BC I had to carry my notes I made of the tapes in a locked briefcase, and I had to burn them out back of old ASHO in the parking lot at the end of the course.

Mimsey

I did the BC a couple years prior to that, and there were plenty of R-6 tapes. I never knew of any 'confidential' R-6 tapes, and I certainly never used a locked briefcase, nor did I burn anything out back of ASHO. There was no 'confidential' section of the BC.

phenomanon

Canyon

When AOLA's HGC was being manned by Non-SO Auditors ( and it was ), in the early 80's), word came down from 'above' that using non-SO auditors was off-policy, and all us non-SO folks were out of a job. Some of us routed back onto the Cl 8 course, so as not to be off-lines entirely, and I was one of those. Soon after that edict came down a guy, Howard Shube, stopped me in the hallway and asked me to teach him how to fly ruds at OT3. (!). Howard was on the FEBC when I was, and we had twinned for a day or so. Howard had NO, zilch, nada, tech training, but he ws being posted as an OT3 Auditor in AO's HGC.
That's what your fees buy. Untrained Auditors.

Lesolee (Sith Lord)

Patron Meritorious

I did the course in 81-82. I did the last of the subject order Briefing courses. At that time they were starting to deliver the first of the date order checksheets. Prior to that I did the old R6EW course, which had a raft of confidential R-6 tapes. All of the R-6 tapes that were not confidential were left on the course, ostensibly because they were about listing and nulling and assessment. All of the confidential R-6 tapes were deleted from the course. When I did the confidential section of the BC I had to carry my notes I made of the tapes in a locked briefcase, and I had to burn them out back of old ASHO in the parking lot at the end of the course.
Interesting on two counts:
1) there was never a "confidential section" of the BC when I was on it ('95-'97) unless it was so secret they didn't tell people who weren't able to view it by virtue of case level.

2) Notes on the confidential material are absolutely forbidden by HCO PL 8 Jan 1981, Advance Course Regulations and Security point 21

21. NO UNAUTHORIZED COPIES OF UPPER LEVEL MATERIALS ARE TO BE MADE.
This means NO notes, NO photocopies, NO “little simplifications”, NO little codes to keep handy. None of the materials are to be in any way copied, not even partially or in alter-ised form. They must not be tape recorded. Any student possessing “notes” or “study aids” on any Advance Courses issues or films, flash cards, copies of commands, or any such copies must immediately destroy them completely.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

Interesting on two counts:
1) there was never a "confidential section" of the BC when I was on it ('95-'97) unless it was so secret they didn't tell people who weren't able to view it by virtue of case level.

Before "New Era Dianetics" and NED Clear, I think you had to do the BC before the Clearing Course. Then in the 80's the BC was completely revamped with new checksheets and divided into levels A-F (or whatever). Perhaps the R6EW material was moved out at that point?

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Before "New Era Dianetics" and NED Clear, I think you had to do the BC before the Clearing Course. Then in the 80's the BC was completely revamped with new checksheets and divided into levels A-F (or whatever). Perhaps the R6EW material was moved out at that point?
Perhaps I've misunderstood what you are saying here. I did the Clearing Course in 1970, and there was no prerequisite to do the SHSBC before that.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

Perhaps I've misunderstood what you are saying here. I did the Clearing Course in 1970, and there was no prerequisite to do the SHSBC before that.

In that case, I must be mistaken.

strativarius

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by strativarius
In that case, I must be mistaken.
When I did the CC I was already a Class IV auditor working on staff, and all I had to do was the solo-audit course before going to AOUK. I suppose it's possible that public PC's might have had to do the BC before the CC but that seems a hell of a long route. (And an even more expensive one.)

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

When I did the CC I was already a Class IV auditor working on staff, and all I had to do was the solo-audit course before going to AOUK. I suppose it's possible that public PC's might have had to do the BC before the CC but that seems a hell of a long route. (And an even more expensive one.)

Since when have regges encouraged PCs to take the less expensive route?

Lesolee (Sith Lord)

Patron Meritorious

The 1970 Bridge has Dianetics near the bottom. It was a straight run from the Grades to Power, Power, plus then R6EW. The auditor requirements for both R6EW and the Clearing course were simply "Solo Auditor, Preferably HDC and Classed". By 1975 they had slipped the Solo Setups and Solo Audtor course between Power Plus and R6EW, but otherwise it looks similar -- except for Expanded Dianetics between Grade IV and Power, and a Drug Rundown after Life Repair.

phenomanon

Canyon

In 1969 the training pre-reqs for the Clearing Course were HSDC and a pass from Al ( god i've forgotten his name, and he was such a cool man) that you could fly ruds. You would've done Grades, Power, Power Plus, and Grade 6.

strativarius

In 1969 the training pre-reqs for the Clearing Course were HSDC and a pass from Al ( god i've forgotten his name, and he was such a cool man) that you could fly ruds. You would've done Grades, Power, Power Plus, and Grade 6.
Of course it was a given that I did the lower grades up to R6EW before the CC. It just so happens that I did the HSDC at Saint Hill in 1969, but I'm surprised to learn it was a training prerequisite before the CC. If it's true I'd certainly forgotten it. Where did this Al hang out then?

Last edited:

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious

The BC was never a prerequisite to the CC. Nor was Class 4/5. At one time the Dianetics Course was but they dropped that early on. Big bucks came from getting as many people as possible up to the "OT" levels and wallowing around there fir ever.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

At one time I held the post of Dir PE (Personnel Enhancement) and there was much to do about getting the staff of several SO installations a "standard TIP". I did them all.

Virtually one-for-one (we're talking a LOT of S.O. members!) they all had a dream of "going up the bridge". Their programs were heavily weighted (per policies and "LRH TALK ON BASIC QUAL") to get them hatted, hatted, hatted. So they could produce, produce, produce.

Their auditing to Clear/OT side of the "bridge" was just used to repair them when they got sick or screwed up, so they could go produce some more.

Having audited and C/Sed a ton of staff members, I can vouch that much of their session times were spent on "handling" their "charge" on "getting their stats up" or the fact that they were "downstat".

As it has been observed often (but is nonetheless true), everyone gave lip service to how an OT was "cause", but in reality the way the game was rigged, staff were simply ORDERED to get their stats up and to "MAKE IT GO RIGHT". That is to say, nobody really subscribed to the idea that if a person were to invest the time/effort/resources it takes to go OT (e.g. OT III, OT V, OT VII...) it would make any difference on their production. If management had believed that, they would have gotten their staff audited and onto OT III and then onto OT VII, where they could audit themselves daily for many years.

In reality, it was considered DEV-T and OFF PURPOSE for a staff member to be wasting time on getting auditing. They were viewed as downstat and not able to "make it go right" because their case was bothering them.

It doesn't have to make sense--it's Scientology.

I once knew some people who spent a whole lot of time auditing staff to get through this that or the other internship.

Back then, to a person. all said the session time spent with a staff member was ruds, list corrections , repair lists, & kinds of fixing 'em when they were busted up but none ever mentioned any " grade chart " auditing.

Some even got to where they had all that was required to finish an internship but had never audited what they were interning so a PC had to be found to a grade chart action on. And it was always a public as no staff were on the grade chart.

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron

I am not in support of the "tech" nor Hubbard BUT those audios sound to be altered to me to make it sound crazier.
IMO the actual real stuff would be enough. There is no need to alter it.

I'm guessing you didn't do the Cl 8 course, because that's where the sound-bites are from.

phenomanon

Canyon

Of course it was a given that I did the lower grades up to R6EW before the CC. It just so happens that I did the HSDC at Saint Hill in 1969, but I'm surprised to learn it was a training pre-requisite before the CC. If it's true I'd certainly forgotten it. Where did this Al hang out then?

AOLA . I remembered his name. It was Al Crivello.

strativarius

AOLA . I remembered his name. It was Al Crivello.
OK, thanks for that phenomanon. I was at AOUK so he wouldn't have checked me out on anything unless he really was OT! :)

Last edited: